The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff

+10
Josiah Maiestas
Haddie-nuff
Danny_1982
socal1976
break_in_the_fifth
laverfan
Born Slippy
bogbrush
lags72
invisiblecoolers
14 posters

Go down

JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff Empty JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Jerzy Janowicz: ´Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer? The first one false, the other is full of himself

The out spoken youngster doesn't buy the hype surrounding the SOCALLED No.1 Djokovic and claims he is false and full of show off.

References -Here is the Link to the Journals
tennisworldusa.org/?section=pre&id=8330
tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17372.0
tennistonic.com/tennis-news?nid=1799

This is an interview he gave on a local newspaper.

This is what JJ says according to the journal

"I hate pretending. I’m always my self, I imitate no one, I don’t play. Emotions guide me. When I’m angry I show it. I don’t have idols. I used to like Sampras style and Safin’s attitude. Djokovic is a false one, he just likes to show off and play. Federer instead is full of himself, he has something not natural. It’s hard to feel him like a integral part of all of us.”

No wonder Jerzy mocked Djokovic's shirt ripping stunts censored

Cannot validate an official link so far, but got the link from an ATP website comment system

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff Empty Re: JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

He may be a very promising prospect.

But ...... given that it's just a few months since he came up from the challenger circuit, I somehow think it's a little too early for him to be publically airing critical assessments of players of the calibre of Fed and Djoko.

lags72

Back to top Go down

JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff Empty Re: JerzyJanowicz thinks Djokovic is false and likes to showoff

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

lags72 wrote:He may be a very promising prospect.

But ...... given that it's just a few months since he came up from the challenger circuit, I somehow think it's a little too early for him to be publically airing critical assessments of players of the calibre of Fed and Djoko.

The worst part is they are not brain games since it didn't happen before match, its strange a player comes up and critics about established players openly.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat May 18, 2013 1:05 am

lags72 wrote:He may be a very promising prospect.

That wasn't a criticism of Federer, at worst he was pointing out that Fed knew he was something else.

He had a look at that tonight anyway.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sat May 18, 2013 1:06 am

Old news. He said that several months ago.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 am

To the OP, Yes, like his AO diatribe/rant against the umpire.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat May 18, 2013 2:59 am

He's a pro just like them and is in a better position to judge tennis wise than anyone else and he probably knows them better too. Who cares what he says? He doesn't have to respect anyone.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat May 18, 2013 3:03 am

What about respect for fellow professionals, BITF?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 am

I'm sure he respects them in his own way as tennis players. What he said was probably in response to a question anyway like most of the quotes. The sentiment here that I disagree with most though is that he shouldn't be saying such things because he's not established.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 6:10 am

IC trying to be interesting is like Roseanne Barr trying to be sexy. Go back to teenage girl emoticons you are much better at that then analyzing anything about tennis. Now if the question was how to prepare Walrus meat and shovel snow you would be the first guy I would ask for advice.

As to Jerzy's comments, I don't mind them he played Fed very well, Roger played and served exceptionally well and Janowicz is still new at the big boy level. So I am a fan of both Djokovic and Jerzy. I kind of like that he brings a bit of controversy to the game and I love his game it is very unique and he is a lot of upside. He is one big server that like Becker I find infinitely watchable. I don't care what his opinion of Djokovic or Federer is, but find it amusing that a quote from several months ago is brought out in this SOCALLED thread, how amusing.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 6:46 am

These reported comments by Jancowicz have perhaps been quoted out of context or poorly translated - or maybe it's a combination of both.

And maybe I myself have also misunderstood what he's trying to say. But it was the quote "Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer? The first one false, the other is full of himself" that prompted my earlier post where I felt it was a little early and disrespectful for this type of thing.

I do see the point that bitf makes, but equally I think there is a balance to be struck between a 'new' player speaking his mind and showing respect for his fellow pros.

Anyway like I said, perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick here. Either way, Jancowicz will be measured much more by his performance & behaviour on court than the content of any interviews or other public pronouncements.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am

I hope he reaches the top of the game even more now. Novak, Murray and Rafa are so friendly and nice to each other, and the love in between Roger and Rafa... It's all so nice and lovely.... Lets have a bit of intensity and trash talking.

Tennis needs a bad boy or two, so this is very welcomed by me.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 10:14 am

Come back, Nastase. Please. All is forgiven Wink

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 18, 2013 10:35 am

lags72 wrote:Come back, Nastase. Please. All is forgiven Wink

Oh cant we have Connors and Johnny Mac as well.... and a great time will be had by all laughing

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 am

Enjoy that beatdown did you Jerzy? This guy has achieved less than Tomic in slams and still has a big mouth Laugh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 am

I didn't manage to see the match myself JM, but based on the reports of those who did, I doubt it would be categorised by many observers as a "beatdown"

I got the distinct impression that JJ acquitted himself extremely well and it was only the calmness and depth of experience that saw Federer cope (reasonably) comfortably with his firepower.

All the evidence appears to be pointing towards Jancowicz being a source of potential trouble for even the biggest names in the months and years ahead.

That said, I do agree that if he chooses to "mouth off" then ultimately he will need to back up his words with action.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat May 18, 2013 11:38 am

highlights of the feds jj match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfOtobpn_E

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks for link LS OK

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat May 18, 2013 12:02 pm

no worries bud, this youtube uploader is great at getting matches asap!
Rafapedia is good for uploading all rafa videos, if you're into that sorta thing Wink

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Have just watched those highlights.

Jancowicz performed even better than I was expecting - not least given the quality of opponent across the net.

Not at all surprised now that he dumped out both JWT and Gasquet. Not to mention Murray on HC late last year ......

Very much doubt that anyone on the challenger circuit would have posed much trouble for JJ based on last night's evidence !

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Still I would strongly suggest that both he and Gulbis should let their rackets do the talking.. hardly prudent to get the followers of the big guns alienated at this stage of the game. Put your brain into gear first before opening your mouth me thinks

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat May 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Still I would strongly suggest that both he and Gulbis should let their rackets do the talking.. hardly prudent to get the followers of the big guns alienated at this stage of the game. Put your brain into gear first before opening your mouth me thinks
Atleast with Gulbis he can actually take sets of the top 3 players, Janowicz likes to think he is up there as a top 10 player with little to show for it, other than his run in Bercy beating players that are more used to the outdoors than indoors
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Its not the point Im making JM.. however good we think he is (he thinks he is three times better) his attitude certainly needs some "modifying" I can hardly hear a young Federer, Nadal or Novak come to that speaking about the top players the way these youngsters do The thing that matters is beating them not just taking sets. Gulbis needs to show the sport, his oponents and himself a little respect before he mouths off to the press just how good he is. He was good a few years back.. but the "novelty" wore off. And he is back to show us what we have been missing..I like his game but I dont like his attitude. The jury is out for both of these young men at this moment as far as Im concerned.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat May 18, 2013 2:41 pm

And my point was, Gulbis atleast gave the best players (Nadal and Federer) their toughest matches before he opened his mouth. Jerzy's only real accomplishment was his run in Bercy, where he didn't meet any of the big 3. I don't see how Gulbis can be considered in the same vein as Janowicz considering how many winners he can hit against a fit Nadal, then look at Janowicz against old Federer.. Gulbis already proved he can beat or nearly beat the best player on his surface, Janowicz didn't prove anything yet.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 18, 2013 3:12 pm

I am fully aware of what your are saying JM.. it hasn´t completely escaped me.
It still does not alter the fact that Gulbis has also little respect either however "nearly" good enough he was.. . try to imagine a young Federer with that attitude after playing Sampras... or Rafa after beating Federer .. Dimitrov has more to brag about but doesn´t
We obviously disagree Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 3:40 pm

socal1976 wrote:IC trying to be interesting is like Roseanne Barr trying to be sexy. Go back to teenage girl emoticons you are much better at that then analyzing anything about tennis. Now if the question was how to prepare Walrus meat and shovel snow you would be the first guy I would ask for advice.

As to Jerzy's comments, I don't mind them he played Fed very well, Roger played and served exceptionally well and Janowicz is still new at the big boy level. So I am a fan of both Djokovic and Jerzy. I kind of like that he brings a bit of controversy to the game and I love his game it is very unique and he is a lot of upside. He is one big server that like Becker I find infinitely watchable. I don't care what his opinion of Djokovic or Federer is, but find it amusing that a quote from several months ago is brought out in this SOCALLED thread, how amusing.

When every body passed objective analysis you alone fall into personal retorts but what else should I expect from you picard , such a manner less poster I have come across. thumbsdown

While I welcome some villans at the top JJ still has a long way to pass comments like this.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat May 18, 2013 3:49 pm

The older generation are only winning due to their fitness anyway so let him say what he wants, tenniswise he's probably right up there.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat May 18, 2013 4:20 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
socal1976 wrote:IC trying to be interesting is like Roseanne Barr trying to be sexy. Go back to teenage girl emoticons you are much better at that then analyzing anything about tennis. Now if the question was how to prepare Walrus meat and shovel snow you would be the first guy I would ask for advice.

When every body passed objective analysis you alone fall into personal retorts but what else should I expect from you picard , such a manner less poster I have come across. thumbsdown

While I welcome some villans at the top JJ still has a long way to pass comments like this.

clap ic

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Yes, IC what was you reference to SOCALLED in your first posts supposed to be but a personal reference to my name. You continually reference me in the majority of posts, you wanted this fight you got it buddy. I just wonder when you are going to do another tear filled suicide post crying about how I twisted your ear. Don't make an insulting play on my name and then cry when I respond, don't wind me up and reference me in your posts unless you wan't my SOCALLED special attention. Lets add hypocrisy to your resume.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat May 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Oh for Gods sake socal, try the decaf will you?

Re-read your last post; it's not something to take pride in.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat May 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Monte Carlo is the last thing Djokovic will win until the HC season
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 5:36 pm

socal1976 wrote:Yes, IC what was you reference to SOCALLED in your first posts supposed to be but a personal reference to my name. You continually reference me in the majority of posts, you wanted this fight you got it buddy. I just wonder when you are going to do another tear filled suicide post crying about how I twisted your ear. Don't make an insulting play on my name and then cry when I respond, don't wind me up and reference me in your posts unless you wan't my SOCALLED special attention. Lets add hypocrisy to your resume.

Socalled = reference , I was referring to the socalled No.1 picard , if you wanna fight fight in a civilized manner, don't be a puppy nope

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Monte Carlo is the last thing Djokovic will win until the HC season

The only reason he won that coz nobody turned up including Rafa in the finals. censored

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:

clap ic

Thx Sweetie Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 5:45 pm

If somebody uses the word INVISIBLE it does mean its referencing me, if somebody say FEDERER BRUSHED ASIDE doesn't mean Bog brush is insulted, learn cry baby, don't take everything the way you want and insult other posters. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat May 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Jeez socal, you sure do go over the top with your choice of language at times, talking about 'fights' and 'tear filled suicide posts'

I just feel it lends an inappropriately sinister tone to an article which basically linked to various comments made by Jerzy Jancowicz.

I can understand you would be less than enamoured with the reference to SOCALLED No 1 Djokovic, but on reflection you must surely feel you could have found a more considered reaction than the somewhat heavy-handed approach employed here ........

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 pm

@ Lags Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 9:42 pm

lags72 wrote:Jeez socal, you sure do go over the top with your choice of language at times, talking about 'fights' and 'tear filled suicide posts'

I just feel it lends an inappropriately sinister tone to an article which basically linked to various comments made by Jerzy Jancowicz.

I can understand you would be less than enamoured with the reference to SOCALLED No 1 Djokovic, but on reflection you must surely feel you could have found a more considered reaction than the somewhat heavy-handed approach employed here ........

No this is just the beginning an appetizer for what I intend for this individual. He references me in almost all his posts. He has done this lame word play joke on my oh a dozen times and I have ignored him. I don't fight with people who don't bring it on themselves. Twice I have tried to make peace with him, I have ignored him, I have apologized to him although he started the animosity with me every time. Now I plan to repay him spades. This isn't the first time, he has tried to wind me up and insult me. I am done turning the other cheek period end of story, and I don't care who likes it or not. Ask yourself why I have never insulted you, eventhough you run to the defense of anyone I have an argument with. Why, because you give respect and I give it back. If someone wants to constantly reference me in posts, wind me up an insult me he gets what he gets. I pay my debts off with interest.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 9:43 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:@ Lags Hug

Yeah you have made that little SOCALLED joke about a dozen times. Keep playing the innocent card to gain sympathy, that is the type of follower you are. I don't care who sides with you or how many women you get to defend your little wind up posts and your lame unfunny insults.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Now you are lying and pretending that this CAps lock Socalled joke you have done a dozen times isn't directed at me that is exactly the weak, dishonest, hypocritical kind of person you are. Now go back to exchanging emoticons and hiding behind lags and haddie's skirt.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 pm

@ Socal, if my thread was insulting you the best advice is to report to admin rather than jumping at me, if you can't take critics of your hero then this is not your forum, I didn't critic your hero here either, I just said what JJ thought about Djoko.

Personally I am not supporting JJ's argument but just wondering his guts to come and speak in public about an established player for no reason.

Anyways this is not my first attempt to explain you things and this is not the first time you insulted me or for that sake any other poster on this forum. Some things looks like wont change for life.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 pm

I know laverfan PM'ed you guys a while back. I would ask that you both respect laverfan's advice.
I don't have time go back over old posts to see who said what first, how bad it was, who didn't react, who over-reacted etc, but LF and I will have to take action if things continue further. It's very simple from hereon in - the subject and the arguments are about tennis, not about any other poster.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 9:48 pm

No I got plenty more of that for you IC, you reference me directly and indirectly, insult me and wind me up. Now you are going to get what is coming to you.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 9:49 pm

socal1976 wrote:Now you are lying and pretending that this CAps lock Socalled joke you have done a dozen times isn't directed at me that is exactly the weak, dishonest, hypocritical kind of person you are. Now go back to exchanging emoticons and hiding behind lags and haddie's skirt.

If thats what you do when your trouble you are more than welcome to follow but sorry Lags, Haddie, BB are friends to everybody here and not just me, and I don't PM somebody to request a support, what you wrote is for everybody to see and I have reported it as well. Fingers Crossed

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I would report you but unfortunately being boring an not knowing anything about tennis isn't a reportable offense although maybe it should be.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:...I will have to take action if things continue further...

Clearly that bit passed you by.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Back to topic, do you agree what JJ saying it publicly even if its false?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 am

Calm down Sc, but Ic really were not stupid, this is playground stuff and Im surprised the mods haven't done more to stop it. You are always having a go at one another.
Jerzy can say what he likes, but he'll probably regret it later, but then it's his mistake to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 19, 2013 1:08 am

falzy21 wrote:Jerzy can say what he likes, but he'll probably regret it later, but then it's his mistake to make.
That is exactly how I see it too.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun May 19, 2013 2:29 pm

The Federer bit, I think was a bit of a tranalational issue. Nothing untoward in saying that you cant relate with a 32-year old married father of twins with seventeen Slams. The Djokovic bit though... well even if you account for possible translational matters, it still sounds like JJ doesnt quite like Djoko.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down