The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shelton Benjamin

+5
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Cymru1991
theanimal316
Scorch The Dragon
AberdeenSteve
9 posters

Go down

Shelton Benjamin Empty Shelton Benjamin

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:19 am

What went wrong for this guy? I remember he was brilliantly talented in the ring, can't really remember how is mic skills were but he was still a great talent for the WWE to have. Why didn't he make it? Hope to hear your views

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Shelton Benjamin Empty Re: Shelton Benjamin

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:41 am

When i saw someone created a topic about Momma Benjamin's board i went to check if he was dead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

lack of personality and mike skills, always came across quite bland in my opinion.

I think had he been in an earlier era when managers were prevalent, and someone could have talked for him and helped to get him over, he could've been huge. Unfortunatley following the attitude era when managers died a death due to the rise of the faction Shelton was left to flounder in the mediocrity of his lack of personality.

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:20 am

I thought the guy was amazingly talented. His best run was with Charlie Haas i TWGTT. Probably the general consensus is that he lacked charisma, however I wouldn't put all of the blame entirely on that reason and think with greater booking he definitely could have been a main eventer. He had that one almost classic match with HBK on raw, turning this into a full blown would really have established him. I'm not even sure what he's up to now, is he in tna(i never watch it or read what's going on in it)? Think he'd be a great addition to have back.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:32 am

Got to agree he was very poorly booked. Don't understand why though, he was a pretty decent ic champ hen he held the title back in 2004. They should certainly look to get him back in the picture as he is doing the independent circuit just now. He'd be a great upper mid card and would freshen up the us/ic title picture and would be twice the performer at ec rather than god for saken r truth. Why is he there? Haha!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:55 am

I thought that his in ring ability was brilliant, but I guess the ""creative team"" couldn't think anything up for him. Sad really because I thought he was quite a talent.

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:06 am

I actually would love to see Charlie Haas back and reunite TWGTT. Reunite the Harts that was pointless to split them up. We also have the Usos, I think after Edge's title run reunite E and C for six months and we now have the makings of a great tag division, could be like the early 00s agains when we had Hardyz Dudleys and E&C competing for the titles in great matches. Throw the Colons into the mix also.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:58 am

Very much like John Morrison. Got all the moves and can pull off a really good match but....don't let him near the mic.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Thu 03 Feb 2011, 1:44 pm

Haas and Benjamin are currently in ROH as Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team- for those wondering where he is now. Very talented team no question and seem to suit ROH as the in ring stuff is what matters.

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:42 am

Always thought Shelton was a really brilliant wrestler but following his IC title loss to Carlito, losing streak and being managed by his 'momma' his momentum was killed and he never really got it back again, if im honest his mic skills and lack of personality would really have hindered him at the top level but he could have worked well as a Benoit style gate keeper to the main events.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Shelton package as an awesome athlete but managed someone who in storyline had total control of his contract, this manager would take all the shortcuts he possibly could and would be looking to make a quick buck off an undeafeated streak against jobbers or an easy title regin (this gimmick takes a lot from the world of boxing and the manager in my head looks and sounds a lot like Don King perhaps Abraham Washington could have been repackaged to make a good fit).

Anyways him and Hass are currently in ROH as TWGTT and with the exciting new Cole/O'Rielly team as well as the elevation of the All-Night Express they are in a division that looks like it will be productive and exciting for a few years to come.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 07 Feb 2011, 6:41 pm

I think it all went downhill when they came up with the momma storyline, he couldnt talk but that didnt matter when he first came in as that was covered by Kurt Angle

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 08 Feb 2011, 4:20 pm

they should have given him a rapper gimmick, the guy could work and if being a rapper didnt work out they could have had him selling friend chicken or selling knock off goods ala cryme time, now there was a stereotypical gimmick

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down