The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Perfect Plex

+5
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
Ent
Enforcer
HitmanOwl
9 posters

Go down

The Perfect Plex Empty The Perfect Plex

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 31 May 2013, 6:01 pm

Did John Cena kick out of the perfect plex on raw?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Plex Empty Re: The Perfect Plex

Post by Enforcer Fri 31 May 2013, 6:46 pm

Yep, the first time Axel uses what is likely to be his finisher and Cena kicks out of it!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 31 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Welcome to the full time roster axel!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 May 2013, 7:48 pm

Quite right too, the top star of the company shouldnt be losing clean to a younh upstart whos done nothing in the business yet...im all for Axel getting a win and even via a perfect plex but only if Cena has been cheated first

Anyone who thinks Cena should drop clean pins on free TV should think again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2013, 7:59 pm

Is the right answer! One that Mr Logical Booking himself (tarty) would surely echo.

The problem for me was the way the commentary sold it. Cole seemed to only realise it was something too late. Lovely move though, always was

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 31 May 2013, 8:11 pm

I don't think Cena should have lost clean to Axel in any shape or form. My problem is that the first time the move was used on TV it was kicked out of. Why did the move even need to be used, I would rather it not be used until matches that Axel will win.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri 31 May 2013, 10:27 pm

Fairly sure Cena's used a fishermans suplex as a basic move for years now.

Axel should use a modified variation of the perfectplex instead, like DiBiase does with the cobra clutch into a Dream Street, maybe a fishermans buster or a something, it's not like Cody Rhodes ever does bionic elbows. Would help him carve out his own character.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

Enforcer wrote:I don't think Cena should have lost clean to Axel in any shape or form. My problem is that the first time the move was used on TV it was kicked out of. Why did the move even need to be used, I would rather it not be used until matches that Axel will win.

Does it really matter? He could use it for a year and win every jobber match going but if he faces Cena then he'll kick out of it at least once anyway...I get what your saying and in an ideal world the move would be protected but regardless of how lethal he makes that move look a face Cena will always kick out of it when its clean

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sat 01 Jun 2013, 6:22 pm

I think it was obvious he wasn't going to go over cena clean. Especially on his 2nd match. Was good to see the perfect Plex. Always a favorite of mine :-)

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:46 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Enforcer wrote:I don't think Cena should have lost clean to Axel in any shape or form. My problem is that the first time the move was used on TV it was kicked out of. Why did the move even need to be used, I would rather it not be used until matches that Axel will win.

Does it really matter? He could use it for a year and win every jobber match going but if he faces Cena then he'll kick out of it at least once anyway...I get what your saying and in an ideal world the move would be protected but regardless of how lethal he makes that move look a face Cena will always kick out of it when its clean

It's not a big deal now though is it? Yes cena would always kick out of it but no one really benefitted. Axel has had his finisher kicked out of on first use so it doesn't come across as a devastating move, it's had no buid up so cena gets nothing out of kicking out of it.

Just seems a bit pointless really.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:29 pm

None of these have any impact until PPVs generally anyway. It was the commentary that undersold it, but they'll remember it when it's important. Either that or we could be jumping the gun and he might have something else in his locker. At least it wasn't built up to be major and then Cena broke the spell of it, no one (except smarks) will remember this in a hurry, but we won't be allowed to forget his wins if Heyman has anything to do with it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:42 pm

He used this to finish off Sin Cara on SD i quite like it can drop someone from anywhere really with that

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:11 am

Ent wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:

It's not a big deal now though is it? Yes cena would always kick out of it but no one really benefitted. Axel has had his finisher kicked out of on first use so it doesn't come across as a devastating move, it's had no buid up so cena gets nothing out of kicking out of it.

Do we even know if its his finisher? Could it possibly have been that he's got his own finisher and in order to protect that move he used his old mans move as it'd be considered a finisher anyway? That way it protects his rea finisher while also giving fans a moment were they think he might actually pin him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:18 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
Ent wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:

Do we even know if its his finisher? Could it possibly have been that he's got his own finisher and in order to protect that move he used his old mans move as it'd be considered a finisher anyway? That way it protects his rea finisher while also giving fans a moment were they think he might actually pin him

Could well be, guess well just have to wait and see.

Would have been a nice moment for him to get his first big win after his own finisher fails then he pulls out his dads. Not thats what should have happened against cena this week.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:54 am

I think he should just use it as a sort of signature move, a nod to his Dad but not as a finisher...after all it's just a suplex when it comes down to it, did anyone really expect John Cena to lose to a suplex?

I get the reason why we'd like him to use it as a finisher but the fact is that wrestling moves have evolved since the days of the perfect Plex being a finisher, I understand that ANY MOVE can be a finisher if it's given the right now but if you look at Axel McGillicutty's move set his McGillicutter (or "that weird neck breaker") is a better finisher.

Nothing more I hate than a match ending with a finisher that no longer looks worse than a standard move. (ie. The People's Elbow).

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Jun 2013, 6:24 pm

What I liked about the Perfect Plex wasnt the fact it was devastating, it wasnt and was never sold that way but it was sold in a way that when Perfect hooked it in and locked the hands people couldn't escape from it, that for me is believable, it didn't knock people out it simply tied them in a knot for 3 seconds

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down