The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE

+10
Mr H
liverbnz
Brady12
Dr Gregory House MD
talkingpoint
A Fine Folk.
Kay Fabe
Sarsippius
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
14 posters

Go down

The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE Empty The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE

Post by ADMIN Sun May 08, 2011 12:54 am

Regarding The Undertaker's wrestling status, the mentality of WWE personnel is that he's considered retired. This explains Michelle McCool leaving to spend more time with him at home.

The Undertaker is in far worse physical shape than is being let on. While company officials aren't ruling The Deadman out for a match at WrestleMania XXVIII, he is not expected to compete before then. People close to the legend have talked to him about retiring at the event.

from ewrestling

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE Empty Re: The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun May 08, 2011 1:25 am

Does actually make you think just how battered he was after his match at Wrestlemania 27 when he had to be carted out of the arena.

Going to be interesting to see how they book a match at Wrestlemania 28 if he hasn't retired by then. Would be strange him not appearing for 8 months and then trying to create a feud without actually wrestling. I know you'll say he did that this year with Triple H but this would different especially if he did have the re match with him.

Another of the attitude era going.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE Empty Re: The Undertaker is considered retired within WWE

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 am

I'd rather him stay away. I couldn't take any victory seriously if his last match before next WM was his win over triple h this year

It would be cool if he came back just to have a proper send off though

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Sun May 08, 2011 1:31 am

If anyone can build a feud without wrestling, its surely him with his gimmick, he could probably do it without appearing at all

Have someone shout their mouth off claiming to be able to end the streak, maybe have them make it personal to stir the deadman and provoke him. Have him be ignored for weeks before the mind games start, darkness smoke etc.

Hardly original I know but it could be a way to do it

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 am

I'd rather he stayed away and had one great feud and match a year than the BS he was producing from SummerSlam09 to Mania 26

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun May 08, 2011 1:45 am

Oh damn, Surely he's got to make WM28!

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Taker is past it. No disrespect to a truly great of the business and a living legend, but facing the facts Taker would have been retired long ago if it wasn't for his gimmick - he certainly wouldn't have a 19-0 winning streak! I respect Taker and appreciate that he is a huge draw, especially at Mania, but for the past three years he has beaten two of my all time favourite wrestlers just because of his gimmick. What added insult to injury this year is the fact that he didn't even walk out of the arena he was in that bad shape! I know his deadman gimmick was effectively dropped in favour of the last outlaw because humanly speaking he couldn't make it believable but nevertheless Taker's victories over the last few years at mania have been cheap. HBK gave him the two best matches of his streak and they earnt them best match two years running; HHH stole the show this year and made sure the streak was the pinnacle event at mania once again. Why? All of it will count for very little if Taker just bows out having got to 20-0. Either let a new(er) wrestler take the streak at Mania 28 or have Taker retire before Mania because I really don't want to see him get another unconvincing win just because it's mania.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 pm

The Undertaker's streak is such a huge WrestleMania selling point that its unrealistic to imagine him calling it quits just like that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun May 08, 2011 4:53 pm

talkingpoint wrote:Taker is past it. No disrespect to a truly great of the business and a living legend, but facing the facts Taker would have been retired long ago if it wasn't for his gimmick - he certainly wouldn't have a 19-0 winning streak! I respect Taker and appreciate that he is a huge draw, especially at Mania, but for the past three years he has beaten two of my all time favourite wrestlers just because of his gimmick. What added insult to injury this year is the fact that he didn't even walk out of the arena he was in that bad shape! I know his deadman gimmick was effectively dropped in favour of the last outlaw because humanly speaking he couldn't make it believable but nevertheless Taker's victories over the last few years at mania have been cheap. HBK gave him the two best matches of his streak and they earnt them best match two years running; HHH stole the show this year and made sure the streak was the pinnacle event at mania once again. Why? All of it will count for very little if Taker just bows out having got to 20-0. Either let a new(er) wrestler take the streak at Mania 28 or have Taker retire before Mania because I really don't want to see him get another unconvincing win just because it's mania.

It could be argued that the Streak Match has been match of the night 5 years running now

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 am

the-gaffer wrote:The Undertaker's streak is such a huge WrestleMania selling point that its unrealistic to imagine him calling it quits just like that

Absolutely agree it's more important than any title these days, will be a major blow to the Mania buy rates we he retires

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon May 09, 2011 1:08 am

He's been injured for nearly 2 years now. He refused a hip replacement then as it would likely end his career. He should follow Edge's example and quit while he is still able to walk. He's done.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon May 09, 2011 1:17 am

liverbnz wrote:He's been injured for nearly 2 years now. He refused a hip replacement then as it would likely end his career. He should follow Edge's example and quit while he is still able to walk. He's done.

Don't disagree with this but would Vince let him? Streak is such a minute spinner that he still needs him to sell mania whilst business isn't great

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 am

Im sure Taker will do everything in his power to make sure he makes it to 20-0. Lets face it, the DVD of 20-0 sounds alot better than 19-0. He'll be there.

After HHH saying when Taker comes back 'he'll be waiting', i fully expect it to be HHH v Taker II. It will have to be huge though and promoted a hell of alot better than their last match.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 am

Let him have one more WrestleMania match. He deserves that much, and even if it isn't able to hit the heights of others, he should go out on his terms and on the stage that defined his career.

It is possible that he won't go 20-0 too. The storyline could be that with the streak ended he had nothing more to give in the WWE. Could be a major boost for someones career, and a way to let the fans know the deadman won't be back this time.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 am

Mr H wrote:Im sure Taker will do everything in his power to make sure he makes it to 20-0. Lets face it, the DVD of 20-0 sounds alot better than 19-0. He'll be there.

After HHH saying when Taker comes back 'he'll be waiting', i fully expect it to be HHH v Taker II. It will have to be huge though and promoted a hell of alot better than their last match.

I think it will be promoted amazingly. Like HBK VS Taker II was last year.

I think that 20-0 will be a perfect number to go out on, only if Takers body can handle it of course.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

There isn't a rule to suggest Taker has to be at every WrestleMania tho' if Rock and Austin are booked next year they may give him the year off to be as healthy as possible for WM29

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Mon May 09, 2011 1:20 pm

They could even let him make it 20-0 then release the DVD and then have him lose at WM29 to make it 20-1 to hopefully put one of the younger stars over.

That way they can get all of the merchandise sales over and done with and then spend the next 1-2 years building up a superstar to take the streak.

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Brady12 wrote:
liverbnz wrote:He's been injured for nearly 2 years now. He refused a hip replacement then as it would likely end his career. He should follow Edge's example and quit while he is still able to walk. He's done.

Don't disagree with this but would Vince let him? Streak is such a minute spinner that he still needs him to sell mania whilst business isn't great

In the end, it isn't up to Vince. If a doctor says, 'that's it' and Undertaker goes along with it then, that is it.

It won't be though. Undertaker shouldn't, but most likely will return. I always thought 20-0 would be against Cena, but that is not an option for next year (possibly skip next year?). I can't say I'd be too interested in HHH-Undertaker II as I thought the first one was poor.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 1:35 pm

My favourite wrestler of the past 20 years Sad Sad to see the big guy finally having to hang up his boots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Mon May 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Taker will definitely make it to 20-0. I think he is hurt worse then they are letting on after his match at 'Mania. I would imagine it will be Taker vs Trips at 'Mania next year.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon May 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Thinking about it, I had always thought that Cena would get a crack at the streak. Though not necessarily end it, but it could have been a great way of turning him heel.

I guess that looks a pretty slim hope now, but it always struck me as something that the WWE wanted to build to.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm

the-gaffer wrote:There isn't a rule to suggest Taker has to be at every WrestleMania tho' if Rock and Austin are booked next year they may give him the year off to be as healthy as possible for WM29

yeah I agree the Rock/Cena match will sell mania in itself next year - it would be wise to give Taker a long enough break to be as recuperated as physically possible at his age; then maybe around the Rumble 2013 have him come back, cut some promos etc and establish his 20-0 streak defining match. At the moment a HHH/Taker III doesn't appeal, not because I don't want to see them go at it again but because I don't want to see HHH put over Taker again, not after this year when Taker didn't even leave the arena on his feet. Yeah sure I know HHH would have wanted to come off looking strong but seriously the realism is completely gone from Taker's streak now. Someone should end it, I know 19-1 doesn't sound as catchy or impressive as 20-0 but think about the people who have put Taker over on the grandest stage of them all - he has the most coveted legacy in all of wrestling! He should put someone over for a change, HBK didn't get to win his retirement match, neither should Taker.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

I always thought that taker would use the streak to put someone over, and it would be a big opportunity missed.

The problem is, no one comes to mind who could have that trust and push given to them.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down