The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread

+8
Duty281
Kay Fabe
monty junior
Colan (niner)
GSC
The Special Juan
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread Empty The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

Snodgrass with a goal already, Hoolahan bossing the Ireland game, Martin and Whittaker part of the Scottish brick wall.

A place to discuss Norwich players, playing for their country Cool

(The Wolf played 45 mins for Holland today as well)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread Empty Re: The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm

My god Alan Hutton is awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread Empty Re: The Norwich players dominating the International scene thread

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:22 pm

How many players do we have representin' tonight Olly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:24 pm

4 playing as we speak I believe. Snodgrass, Norfolk Cafu, Whittaker for the Scots, Wessi for the Irish

The Wolf has already dominated for the Dutch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

I was expecting the Republic to get a bagful tonight. Still time mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

They are missing McCarthy and Long. Keane, Walters and Cox is hardly the most potent of attacking forces
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:32 pm

Still. This is the Faroe's..

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:34 pm

Need to put Wessi in the hole where he is most effective, rather than in a sort of deep lying playmaker role, which he never plays
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

I love Robbie Keane's celebration.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

Russell Martin's gonna do well to come out of this game without a back injury. What with him carrying Grant Hanley all game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:03 pm

WESSI!!!

What a playa
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

What a result for Scotland. The birthplace of my very own mother!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

l.m.f.a.o
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

Told ya Russ Martin was good TSJ
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

The commentators celebrating like Scotland just won the Euros.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

He and Hanley were great tonight Olly. Croatia were absolutely woeful though. Is Modric injured or has he just been so bad for Real Madrid that he's not even getting picked? Aside from him, full strength Croatia team I think.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

typical for us, we can beat the big teams but not the little ones

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Very impressed by Russell Martin, didn't know much about him but he and Hanley stood up well to top class strikers like Mandzukic, Eduardo, Olic etc. I also just won near enough 50 quid on a miniscule punt on Scotland. Have faith in your own and you'll win big!

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Fantastic win for Scotland. Full credit to them. Shame that Gordon Greer and Liam Bridcutt both withdrew through.

Nice way for them to sign of for the summer though!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm

Russell Martin isn't even Scottish Laugh

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:23 pm

My nan told me on her deathbed that there'd be days I'd bleed tartan. Today is one of them days.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:27 pm

Croatia were pretty bad to be fair, if we had had a little more confidence we could have scored more. Great result though, i'd feel confident we could get something off them and with still Macedonia to play too we may yet scrape third.

One last thing

Get it right up ye Strimic ya f*d!!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

I'm still 50/50 about having English players in Scotland team. Guys like Rhodes may as well be Scottish because of how long he lived here but people like Martin just show up. Its a choice between playing for scotland with 10x more passionate fans and better atmosphere with dire football or waiting for the unlikely chance to play for England with comparably poor fans but better football.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

I thought Martin was excellent tonight, we are struggling for CBs and had no idea he xoukd play there, he was a calming influence, glad Snoddy scored, I know him well, good pals with my little cousin, excellent game tonight.

Scotland didnt even look in much trouble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

At least it clears us from the danger of hitting our lowest ever ranking.

Just hope we can build on it, not give the usual lot a free pass back in to the first team. Would have liked to have seen GMS at some point, Conway was good when he came on, i like the guys who show a bit of intent to run at their man, Hutton put in some excellent runs too.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:I'm still 50/50 about having English players in Scotland team. Guys like Rhodes may as well be Scottish because of how long he lived here but people like Martin just show up. Its a choice between playing for scotland with 10x more passionate fans and better atmosphere with dire football or waiting for the unlikely chance to play for England with comparably poor fans but better football.

Laugh Laugh

You wish.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

You can feel the Scottish passion flooding through when they bandwagon whoever England play in a tournament
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:25 pm

GSC wrote:You can feel the Scottish passion flooding through when they bandwagon whoever England play in a tournament

Which is no different to any club rivalry. Same sport.

Paint drying anyone? Been done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:21 am

I don't actively root againist England (sometimes......)but I know a lot who do. I must admit though that the reception Diego Maradona got was great at Hampden a few year back, got to love the guy. As for Scotland having more passionate fans than England, I'm afraid it is common knowledge. I've actually been lucky to visit Wembley during an England game twice (as a neutral!) And despite there being double the amount of fans at hampden or something, the atmosphere really is no match. Scotland fans are routinely voted best fans in world and are known for it. England known for better players by far, Scotland known for better fans by far, quite simple. Really no argument againsit sadly as I wish we had better players!. Not saying England fans are bad, well above average obviously but just not quite the same.

Last edited by Colan (niner) on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:28 am

I'm just hoping Russell Martin keeps Gary Caldwell out of Scotland team after that performance. I'd love for Snodgrass to pop up with dome more goals too, always seems a threat at back post in particular. Barrel shouldered too

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Republic of Ireland team to face Wales tomorrow: Westwood, Coleman, Clark, O'Shea, Wilson, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, Brady, Hoolahan, Long

FINALLY Wessi is being recognised at International level!

Redmond plays for the England U21's tonight also.

I'm on Norwich watch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 13 Aug 2013, 5:19 pm

Olly wrote:Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Republic of Ireland team to face Wales tomorrow: Westwood, Coleman, Clark, O'Shea, Wilson, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, Brady, Hoolahan, Long

FINALLY Wessi is being recognised at International level!

Redmond plays for the England U21's tonight also.

I'm on Norwich watch
Well........... someone has to.........

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm

Should have the beating of Wales.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 Aug 2013, 8:03 pm

Redmond scored 3 minutes into the U21 game tonight.

He's gonna be good this boy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 Aug 2013, 8:09 pm

Now an assist for the young lad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:17 pm

Nathan Redmond with a goal and two assists in a man of the match performance for England U21's tonight.

Hoping to see lots of him this coming season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:33 pm

ALL CAME THROUGH UNSCATHED
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 05 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Josh Murphy and Harry Toffolo get a start for the England U19's.

Redmond should be in action for the U21's later as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm

Redmond put in a strong performance, subbed off on 75 mins, needs to improve on his decision making tho.

Carlton Morris came off the bench and grabbed a goal on debut for the U19's.

Future's bright
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

still plenty more still to play yet aswell

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:21 pm

No Hoolahan tonight for the men in green.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:22 pm

Or Pilkington.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm

Please please please don't tell me Jon Walters is starting ahead of them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

Watching the Ireland game, how on earth McLean is playing ahead of Pilks/Wessi I dunno, awful awful player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/international-oct-13-1101542.aspx

Players on duty for the upcoming internationals are;

Leroy Fer - Holland
John Ruddy - England
Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington - Ireland
Martin Olsson and Johan Elmander - Sweden
Russell Martin and Robert Snodgrass - Scotland
Alex Tettey - Norway
Nathan Redmond - Eng U21's
Josh Murphy, Carlton Morris, Harry Toffolo - Eng U19's
Kyle Callan McFadden - IRE U19's
Cameron McGeehan - NI U19's
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

Thought Pilkington was injured?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:58 pm

Olly wrote:http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/international-oct-13-1101542.aspx

Players on duty for the upcoming internationals are;

Leroy Fer - Holland
John Ruddy - England
Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington - Ireland
Martin Olsson and Johan Elmander - Sweden
Russell Martin and Robert Snodgrass - Scotland
Alex Tettey - Norway
Nathan Redmond - Eng U21's
Josh Murphy, Carlton Morris, Harry Toffolo - Eng U19's
Kyle Callan McFadden - IRE U19's
Cameron McGeehan - NI U19's
This guy any good?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:05 pm

Pilks has been on great form the past two games West, as far as I know nothing wrong with him at the minute!

I don't think he'll ever be more than a lower league/non league player tbh West
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:08 pm

Cheers:OK:

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Oct 2013, 3:43 pm

Martin Olsson scored in Sweden's win against Austria last night, many others involved.

West rumors Pilks has a hamstring injury?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next