The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GETHIN JENKINS!!!

+6
Rory_Gallagher
wales606
belovedfrosties
flyhalffactory
Biltong
majesticimperialman
10 posters

Go down

GETHIN JENKINS!!! Empty GETHIN JENKINS!!!

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:10 pm

OUT OF THE GAME THIS WEEK END. picard

Even if he doe's not play a single warm up test game. ( but get's himself fit for the first test match) HE, will still get picked . Right?

Surely it is time for him too leave the tour and bring in some who is at least 80/90% fit. thumbsup
Over to you.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

GETHIN JENKINS!!! Empty Re: GETHIN JENKINS!!!

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

What's wrong with him?

Was he injured?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm

He as had a calf injury for about 2/3 years now. And it keeps coming back and keeping him out of games. And yet he still gets selected for the Lions when he in not even first choice for his own club side.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:19 pm

Why create another thread?

You have posted your ignorant thoughts twice elsewhere and I've told you how you are wrong. Just give up. They do have cover in already if he hasn't fit. Don't you pay attention to the announcements before ranting off?

Jenkins is not definitely ruled out of the tour, Grant and Corbs have been called up. Is math a stronger topic than English for you? Count these out

Corbs
Vunipola
Grant
Jones
Stevens
Cole

What's the need of a rash decision to send somebody home when they could be fit? You are acting very clueless about this and I wonder why you're campaigning so much for him to be sent home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Why create another thread?

You have posted your ignorant thoughts twice elsewhere and I've told you how you are wrong. Just give up. They do have cover in already if he hasn't fit. Don't you pay attention to the announcements before ranting off?

Jenkins is not definitely ruled out of the tour, Grant and Corbs have been called up. Is math a stronger topic than English for you? Count these out

Corbs
Vunipola
Grant
Jones
Stevens
Cole

What's the need of a rash decision to send somebody home when they could be fit? You are acting very clueless about this and I wonder why you're campaigning so much for him to be sent home.
you only need to disagree mate, no need to call him clueless and questioning his ability to understand english. Lighten up a little.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:He as had a calf injury for about 2/3 years now. And it keeps coming back and keeping him out of games. And yet he still gets selected for the Lions when he in not even first choice for his own club side.

People who bring this up about Sheridan are wrong too. Jenkins is exactly the kind of prop we need to play the Australians. Solid enough scrummager and decent in the loose. Sheridan is part of Toulon's tactics, it doesn't reflect poorly on Jenkins that he isn't that kind of prop.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

Marjorie Marjorie you are like a dog with a bone........ you have said this on so many topics you'll be meeting yourself soon.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

Biltong wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Why create another thread?

Corbs
Vunipola
Grant
Jones
Stevens
Cole

you only need to disagree mate, no need to call him clueless and questioning his ability to understand english. Lighten up a little.

I didn't directly call him clueless, I said he was acting like it. I've explained why. Why is his sole contribution nowadays (pretty much) just campaigning for Jenkins to be sent home? Why comment on threads, then feel the need to start a new one?

Guess this passes as debate on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:25 pm

RiscaRev.

Your comment about WHY send somebody when ( they could be fit)

Did not Gatland say that he (JENKINS) would be fit for the 2nd or 3rd game?

Is this not the 3rd game and he still is not fit?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:26 pm

Yeah, debate is about agreeing or disagreeing with someone and arguing the merit of their opinions, not getting all riled up about it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:29 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:He as had a calf injury for about 2/3 years now. And it keeps coming back and keeping him out of games. And yet he still gets selected for the Lions when he in not even first choice for his own club side.

People who bring this up about Sheridan are wrong too. Jenkins is exactly the kind of prop we need to play the Australians. Solid enough scrummager and decent in the loose. Sheridan is part of Toulon's tactics, it doesn't reflect poorly on Jenkins that he isn't that kind of prop.

Considering that SHeridan (when hes up for it that is) has single handedly destroyed the aussies i'm not entirely sure that this is true. either way, theres no need to panic and send Jenkins home, we have plenty of cover for now.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only poster who would like to read topics on the Lions without hearing people practically begging for players to be sent home.

All Doctor's reports suggest he isn't ruled out, so why the constant panic. I apologise if Madge is a qualified quack, but I'll still trust James Robson over him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:32 pm

belovedfrosties wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Considering that SHeridan (when hes up for it that is) has single handedly destroyed the aussies i'm not entirely sure that this is true. either way, theres no need to panic and send Jenkins home, we have plenty of cover for now.

I'll admit Sheridan has had two good games v Australia. But he's not utilised by England (4th choice at best), nor has Jenkins ever not had parity at least v Australia.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Well, I think this thread is the last straw

I will be sticking to matchday threads now, supporting the Lions and not trying to stab the knife in to any player who isn't from my country.

The Lions now have 4 LHPs in Australia yet there are calls for the incumbent Lions no1 to be sent home from a tour that he has no doubt been looking forward too ever since he was injured in South Africa when there is no reason for it.

I thought these boards would improve when the Lions had played their first game together, but the bitterness appears to have gotten worse.

I'm sticking to some matchday threads and Wales tour thread and staying away from these ridiculous Lions bashing threads.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:54 pm

Wales606 - don't let a few posters ruin it for you. It really is just a few.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:54 pm

2/3 Years you say? so Jenkins has won a GrandSlam a Six Nations Championship and a Heineken cup on one leg?
WOW!!! some player, i would select him to tour on them circumstances.

Who do YOU think should replace him madge?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:59 pm

Risca Rev wrote:...But he's not utilised by England (4th choice at best)...

You can't place him in an England selection pecking order when he's not even in the running to be selected.

Regardless of playing in France, given Lancaster's preference for youth, and desire to move beyond the last World Cup squad, there's a fair chance Sheridan would be as welcome as Easter in the current England squad.

It's another question how Sheridan ranks as a prop today against the other England options. With no regard for the future, or particular game plan, he'd probably be top or second behind Corbs.

Sheridan's had a long year, though. Wilkinson pointed out the Toulon season was 48 weeks long. If we end up needing someone else on that side through another injury, we've got other options.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:04 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these kinds of threads are unnecessary.

I might be getting a bit riled up by them, but I want to discuss Lions topics on here without seeing constant posts wanting to send people home. It is poor form, particularly when Warburton has been the subject of a similar style of posting as well.

There's only so many times you can be reasonable with somebody when they keep banging the same drum.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm

Why bite in the first place risca? Just use some polite humour and seek out the posters that matter mate

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:...But he's not utilised by England (4th choice at best)...

You can't place him in an England selection pecking order when he's not even in the running to be selected.

Regardless of playing in France, given Lancaster's preference for youth, and desire to move beyond the last World Cup squad, there's a fair chance Sheridan would be as welcome as Easter in the current England squad.

It's another question how Sheridan ranks as a prop today against the other England options. With no regard for the future, or particular game plan, he'd probably be top or second behind Corbs.

Sheridan's had a long year, though. Wilkinson pointed out the Toulon season was 48 weeks long. If we end up needing someone else on that side through another injury, we've got other options.

I bow to your superior knowledge on Sheridan and English props, but I only mentioned him, as I don't see why Jenkins being second choice for Toulon makes a big difference to why he shouldn't be selected for the Lions. Particularly when he is a proven Lions performer and proven test performer in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Why bite in the first place risca? Just use some polite humour and seek out the posters that matter mate

Hard to avoid it when it's popping up everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:29 pm

Vunipolipoolalla to start the first test.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:50 am

Just when you think this place can't get any worse!

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down