The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:

+10
AlexHuckerby
Adam D
kingraf
manos de piedra
Strongback
milkyboy
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
sittingringside
davidemore
14 posters

Go down

Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:  Empty Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:

Post by davidemore Sun 9 Jun - 20:11

WBC LH Champ Adonis Stevenson should be given the opportunity to fight Andre Ward. Both are on HBO, both have small promoters who can make the fight, both need the profile. It would sell well in Canada, not too far from Ward's garden.

Adonis has natural next week KO power, Ward is a scrappy skilled man, it be a good fight IMO.

Who else can Ward fight?

No one.

Dawson is done. DONE. Got SMOKED!

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:  Empty Re: Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:

Post by sittingringside Sun 9 Jun - 20:27

If this fight were to happen, I think it should be as part of a decision by Ward to start campaigning at light-heavy, even though Stevenson has fought most of his career at 168 and I'm sure could still make the weight. I actually think the winner of Bute vs Pascal is the most natural fight to make, another big night for Montreal.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:  Empty Re: Ward V Stevenson Is A Great Fight:

Post by Rowley Sun 9 Jun - 20:35

Edited title. We should all know the rules re spoilers on a Sunday morning by now

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 9 Jun - 21:57

Rowley wrote:Edited title. We should all know the rules re spoilers on a Sunday morning by now

I have to ask Rowley, why do you have to put spoilers alerts in a title? It is a boxing forum to discuss boxing. Surely if you don't want to know the result you should keep well clear.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 9 Jun - 22:33

I don't think ward is as invincible as some do, but Stevenson basically just chucks straight lefts all night. If you can avoid them, and a fighter like ward should be able to, then I can't see him causing any trouble.

Of course, you only have to get careless once

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 9 Jun - 22:40

Max Kellerman kept referring to Stevenson's right hook to the body as being his danger punch. Haven't seen enough of him myself to know.

Dawson fought out of character.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 9 Jun - 22:42

Im not convinced Dawson is done on that. He got careless and he got caught by a big puncher. He never really got into the fight. so its difficult to say. I still think Dawson may beat him in a rematch.

Loads of options for Stevenson now. Bellew must be mandatory in the near future.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 9 Jun - 23:21

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Rowley wrote:Edited title. We should all know the rules re spoilers on a Sunday morning by now

I have to ask Rowley, why do you have to put spoilers alerts in a title? It is a boxing forum to discuss boxing. Surely if you don't want to know the result you should keep well clear.

You don't necessarily have to put spoiler alerts but all we ask is if you are writing a thread the morning after the fight you do not use a title that makes the result glaringly obvious. I am personally with you in that if I had recorded a fight and did not want to know the result the last thing I would do is log onto a boxing forum but others do so it is just curtesy not to put anything in the title that gives it away.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 9 Jun - 23:28

I've watched quite a bit of Stevenson (He was rumored to be Thomas Oosthuizen's next opponent, so I watched a bit of him to suss him out.). I think gives Ward serious problems. Maybe even win. Make it happen!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 9 Jun - 23:55

Rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

You don't necessarily have to put spoiler alerts but all we ask is if you are writing a thread the morning after the fight you do not use a title that makes the result glaringly obvious. I am personally with you in that if I had recorded a fight and did not want to know the result the last thing I would do is log onto a boxing forum but others do so it is just curtesy not to put anything in the title that gives it away.

In addition the latest thread posted on appears on the homepage. If , for example " chad Dawson gets knocked out" is the title , people who might use the other sections of the site and boxing, could spot it.

There is no reason for a spoiler to be in the title - If someone wants to read the result of a match, going on the Dawson v Adonis thread will give them that. Only a half wit would feel the need to post it after being told the rules.

It's quite a simple and respectful to other posters rule.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 10 Jun - 0:02

Strongback wrote:Max Kellerman kept referring to Stevenson's right hook to the body as being his danger punch. Haven't seen enough of him myself to know.

Dawson fought out of character.

I've only seen 3 of his fights strongy, and he just seemed to rain in big lefts... Maybe I've just seen fights where the guy was susceptible to that shot. To be fair... Two of them were against the same guy. Max probably knows him better!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 10 Jun - 1:56

It's hard to say if Dawson is finished, we really didn't see much of him and that left would have sparked just about anyone.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 10 Jun - 2:28

Dawson may not be finished, but it doesn't look good does it. Ward brutalized him for 10 rounds, that has to have taken something off him. Now he is decked by a big puncher yes, but a guy moving up. All the trainer issues, nothing looks good for Dawson at this point

At least Ward has a foe now if he wants it. Nice versus nasty, build it, sell it, make the fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 10 Jun - 6:55

How was this fight a "Great Fight"??? Dawson landed 3 punches and Stevenson landed 5.......am I missing something, Iv seen more punches threw in a fight were 2 guys have their arms tied behind their backs. It was hardly a great fight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 10 Jun - 7:17

I can see why Froch didn't want to fight him. It seems Canada are doing very well in the LHW division. Some interesting domestic fights there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 10 Jun - 8:50

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:How was this fight a "Great Fight"??? Dawson landed 3 punches and Stevenson landed 5.......am I missing something, Iv seen more punches threw in a fight were 2 guys have their arms tied behind their backs. It was hardly a great fight

I guess it was a great fight for Stevenson.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 10 Jun - 9:52

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:How was this fight a "Great Fight"??? Dawson landed 3 punches and Stevenson landed 5.......am I missing something, Iv seen more punches threw in a fight were 2 guys have their arms tied behind their backs. It was hardly a great fight

The title says Ward vs Stevenson is a great fight, not Dawson vs Stevenson.

Stevenson just became the most logical fight for Ward and a very sellable one, only last week no one knew what Ward could aim at and now he has a an option that makes sense to everyone involved, boxing changes fast.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 10 Jun - 10:31

bellchees wrote:

The title says Ward vs Stevenson is a great fight, not Dawson vs Stevenson.

Stevenson just became the most logical fight for Ward and a very sellable one, only last week no one knew what Ward could aim at and now he has a an option that makes sense to everyone involved, boxing changes fast.

That will teach me to skim read a thread title. Doh
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down