The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

+31
Fernando
Soldier_Of_Fortune
KC
RanjitPatel
Mr Bounce
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Coxy001
mobilemaster8
captain carrantuohil
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
irishbrads
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Steffan
John Bloody Wayne
Dipper Brown
catchweight
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Strongback
kingraf
Scottrf
Derbymanc
hampo17
35 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham Empty Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

Carl Froch wants to the Andre Ward fight in Nottingham, does home field advantage make a difference?

http://tinyurl.com/n8k793g

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm

Does anyone know the likelihood of this happening and if the WBA can force Ward to travel (or drop his mandatory status?)

Don't think it makes much of a difference but would be good to see him do well in Nottingham and then retire.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by Scottrf Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:37 pm

Does Ward have a passport?

I do think though that despite Ward being the better boxer, Froch has the most sway at the minute. Ward is out of the public eye and couldn't draw a game of noughts and crosses (sorry).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:46 pm

Foch gets his ass kicked in front of his wife, kids, mum, dad, brother Lee (hurrah!!) and however many tens of thousands of his fans turn out in Nottingham. Conversely, Froch gets his ass kicked in front of a few hundred mildly interested Americans who thought they 'd come to watch something else...plus the lovely Rachel and the disappointingly still not punched into a coma, Lee.

Either way, Froch loses this and loses badly!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

I wonder if Froch took Geography at school... Seems to have forgotten that Nottingham isn't a colloquial term for Nevada
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:54 pm

I guess he's keeping his name in the papers.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm

It's all about Carl Fr...ampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:02 pm

Good call from Froch. He knows Ward won't accept (or is unlikely to) and so when he loses the belt, he can retain some dignity.

Home advantage is underrated. The Super Six illustrated just how crucial it can be.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:23 pm

This is what we want to hear from Froch...

This sounds like Ward's biggest payday at the minute, that's if he has no intention of moving up.

Ward has been out a while and needs to make a statement. He loves the grind and always keeps himself in shape so no point in a soft comeback fight. What better way to make a statement than to beat the fighter that replaced you at the top of the division in his own backyard? At the same time what better chance for Froch to beat the p4p#2 Ward? Home advantage and inactivity from Ward!

This fight makes sense. A lot of sense.

A lot of interest in this fight should it happen in Nottingham. Will the Son of God take up what looks like his biggest test right now or will the fans be once again left disappointed? Can't imagine Ward giving up his mandatory status.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm

Ward?

any excuse to duck Degale.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:36 pm

Not a duck when you take on a superior challenge.

Froch beats the overrated DeGale with ease.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:37 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Ward?

any excuse to duck Degale.

Someones bored today, you revising too???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:53 pm

Not sure Froch would really want the Ward fight. I think Ward probably would want it - but only on his terms. I'm struggling to see it happening, to be honest, despite the WBA's rulings.

I think we're likely to see quite a bit of posturing back and forth between the two camps. In theory, if this fight doesn't happen and nobody volunteers to make it easy for them by vacating their 'regular' or 'super' title, then the WBA simply have to strip one of them. Suspect both camps will do as little as possible to actually try to get the fight on, while at the same time trying to manipulate matters to make it seem it's the other guy putting up the road blocks, hence hopefully insuring that they can keep their title without the fight taking place and at the same time removing the other guy from their picture for the time being.

Froch could make the whole thing moot by just announcing his retirement, but the longer he goes without doing so, the more doubtful I'm becoming that he will.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

People underestimating Froch if they think he's going to retire.

You don't do a murderer's row like Froch by being a feather duster man.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:20 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:People underestimating Froch if they think he's going to retire.

You don't do a murderer's row like Froch by being a feather duster man.

Murderer's row????

what Dirrel, Bute, Kessler, and Abraham?

Have some respect. Compared to Murderer's row Froch went for a stroll in the park.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Arthur Abraham v Eddie Booker?

Andre Ward v Holman Williams?

Andre Dirrell v Charly Burley?

Not that far fetched to call it a murderer's row surely? Certainly one of the hardest series of fights in the last ten years or so, I would guess

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

I'm not paying to watch this again.........

Both Froch and Ward will be stiff from long layoffs........

I imagine Ward will also have to win 9 rounds to get a decision If Burns fights are anything to go by....

Think I'll pass........Not sure why Froch doesn't invite GGG over here...........Murray showed he's not the hardest to hit and Froch has a good 168 pound punch...

It's very winnable ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:51 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Arthur Abraham v Eddie Booker?

Andre Ward v Holman Williams?

Andre Dirrell v Charly Burley?

Not that far fetched to call it a murderer's row surely? Certainly one of the hardest series of fights in the last ten years or so, I would guess

Think Abraham and Dirrell are a little bit outmatched in the talent stakes there Herman while Ward doesn't exactly have a record to compare with Williams.

To put it into context the modern three have fought almost 1000 rounds less than Williams did and he had more fights with Hall of Fame opposition than any of them have had fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:05 pm

Three decent fights there though, Hammer.

Burley a warm favourite  sure, don't know who's faster  but might just find the bigger, taller Dirrell a frustrating night's work. Booker's got the style to beat Abraham but don't forget he lost to Zivic who's probably on a par with Abraham. Ward Williams could be a pick'em. Who's to say Ward wouldn't go off as favourite?

Either way, three very competitive fights.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

You have one competitive fight and two one sided beat downs, Dirrell might be bigger but he still doesn't stand a chance against Burley whereas Booker I doubt would need to get out of first gear to beat Abraham.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:10 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You have one competitive fight and two one sided beat downs, Dirrell might be bigger but he still doesn't stand a chance against Burley whereas Booker I doubt would need to get out of first gear to beat Abraham.

Well that's that then.

I've been told!!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:11 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:You have one competitive fight and two one sided beat downs, Dirrell might be bigger but he still doesn't stand a chance against Burley whereas Booker I doubt would need to get out of first gear to beat Abraham.

Well that's that then.

I've been told!!

Thank f**k, now can we get back to discussing how badly Froch gets beaten wherever he chooses to fight Ward?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

As you were Dave....

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:14 pm

Cheers Herman, glad you've decided not to post any withering ripostes and have simply accepted someone else's opinion as your own. Perhaps it's the way to go. We should do a thread whereby one poster's opinion on a topic HAS to be taken as gospel for a month

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:We should do a thread whereby one poster's opinion on a topic HAS to be taken as gospel for a month

All those Bradley pryce articles were taken as gospel.....Whilst we debated something else !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

You still in a bad mood, dear?

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 6:23 pm

To be fair, it would be fair.

He was soundly beaten in the first fight but they are the two best fighters in the division and Ward got the comforts of home advantage in the first fight so why not do it in the UK this time?

I think it will still end up as a W for Ward but Froch might make him work harder for it. We have not see Ward tested outside of the USA so this may play a small factor as well.. But I think Ward is a special fighter and as long as inactivity has not hampered him too much I can see him keeping his 0 for quite some time...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:11 pm

Big chance of a stitch up job if Ward comes to the UK. He almost had his pants pulled down in the U.S, nevermind in the U.K.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Is this a fight we want? We've seen it once and they were both fresh then, will it be better with both coming off long lay offs.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Is this a fight we want? We've seen it once and they were both fresh then, will it be better with both coming off long lay offs.

I'm with you ...I won't be buying it....

Stinkaroo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm

Normally Truss, I'd be all for the no.1 and no.2 in the division facing off (that's why I've been ridiculing the 'Floyd Manny is meaningless' crew). However, we don't have Froch for too much longer so let's not go over old ground. Either the JCC Jr slugfest or the GGG fight,
I'd prefer.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

Put yourself in Ward's position. You struggle to draw in the crowds. An inferior boxer who (not on his own, I know) drew 80,000 in his last fight and makes millions on PPV invites you over. Ward's pushing thirty isn't he? How many opportunities like this is he gonna get? With his charisma he's making no dolla on the standup circuit once he retires.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:48 pm

Ward should go to that sh!thole and beat up the Slimester infront of his chavy fans and family

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

You will struggle to find a bigger mountain to mohammad fighter than Ward around at the moment all the same.

Froch is not going to be pulling out the red carpet for Ward to come over anyway. He doesnt want the fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

Nice to see you've mellowed on the subject, Steff.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

The Slimester should stop ducking Chunky DeGale

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:25 pm

Guy with a paper title and a humiliating loss on his CV is trying to dictate terms to the boss of the division...

Whether they fight in Oakland, Vegas, Nottingham or Froch's garden the result will always see Ward school him. One is an ATG the other is a long way short.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:31 pm

Ward could have been an ATG but he's wasted far too much of his career doing nothing, the regular title is a joke but Ward still having the WBA title despite defending it once in 30 months is also a joke.

Froch draws a crowd and has a fanbase so dictates terms, just like Chavez jnr dictates terms despite being crap.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

Froch nose he can't beat Ward but is looking for a payday

He should keep his big nose out of Wards business and sign a fight with Chunky which he nose he will make a good deal of money out of anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Ward could have been an ATG but he's wasted far too much of his career doing nothing, the regular title is a joke but Ward still having the WBA title despite defending it once in 30 months is also a joke.

Froch draws a crowd and has a fanbase so dictates terms, just like Chavez jnr dictates terms despite being crap.
Froch might 'draw a crowd in the UK', but he can't sell out a phone box in the States.

Chavez Jr sells simply because of his name, little brother Omar doesn't get the same treatment...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

Steffan wrote:Froch nose he can't beat Ward but is looking for a payday

He should keep his big nose out of Wards business and sign a fight with Chunky which he nose he will make a good deal of money out of anyway
Not a fan off 'the warrior's' beak Steffan>

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Ward could have been an ATG but he's wasted far too much of his career doing nothing, the regular title is a joke but Ward still having the WBA title despite defending it once in 30 months is also a joke.

Froch might 'draw a crowd in the UK', but he can't sell out a phone box in the States.

Chavez Jr sells simply because of his name, little brother Omar doesn't get the same treatment...

You're not grasping the rather simple concept of what a fanbase is are you?

Froch can pull in a big crowd and make a lot of money, Ward cannot ergo the moneyspinner dictates the terms of the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

You're not grasping the rather simple concept of what a fanbase is are you?

Froch can pull in a big crowd and make a lot of money, Ward cannot ergo the moneyspinner dictates the terms of the fight.
When the said 'money spinner' neither holds a legitimate world championship and already has had his tanned by his potential opponent?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm

Quite simply Gerry yes and you know that's the case but you're doing your usual Brit hating act.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm

Let's take a leap of faith and say froch is serious. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'd give him credit for trying to avenge the defeat. I don't see Ward as this unbeatable fighter some do. In all likelihood the smugster outclasses the slimester again, but i see froch as having 'to go all bute' to have a chance... which would make it more fun than the first time round. I'd watch it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:49 pm

Its probably moot anyhow. Froch was interested in Hopkins until Hopkins starting making good on it. If Ward agreed to travel then Froch would change his tune.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm

Carl Froch, ducker extraordinaire.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

Its certainly gone that way. Willing to fight all comers named Chavez.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

milkyboy wrote:Let's take a leap of faith and say froch is serious. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'd give him credit for trying to avenge the defeat. I don't see Ward as this unbeatable fighter some do. In all likelihood the smugster outclasses the slimester again, but i see froch as having 'to go all bute' to have a chance... which would make it more fun than the first time round. I'd watch it.

Froch, at a push, won 2 rounds in the first fight - Ward fought with a broken left hand. Now Ward's at full arsenal what's Froch actually gonna?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:54 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Let's take a leap of faith and say froch is serious. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'd give him credit for trying to avenge the defeat. I don't see Ward as this unbeatable fighter some do. In all likelihood the smugster outclasses the slimester again, but i see froch as having 'to go all bute' to have a chance... which would make it more fun than the first time round. I'd watch it.

Froch, at a push, won 2 rounds in the first fight - Ward fought with a broken left hand. Now Ward's at full arsenal what's Froch actually gonna?

Get his ass handed to him for 7 rounds, land a punch and have the ref jump in and wave it off?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next