The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

+31
Fernando
Soldier_Of_Fortune
KC
RanjitPatel
Mr Bounce
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Coxy001
mobilemaster8
captain carrantuohil
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
irishbrads
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Steffan
John Bloody Wayne
Dipper Brown
catchweight
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Strongback
kingraf
Scottrf
Derbymanc
hampo17
35 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 9 Empty Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Carl Froch wants to the Andre Ward fight in Nottingham, does home field advantage make a difference?

http://tinyurl.com/n8k793g

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 9 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 5:34 pm

Rachel would never get her own testicles all spitty...if she had them...which she doesn't...I hope!

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 9 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by catchweight Thu 05 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

Ward is a stay at home fighter. The honus is on him to prove otherwise. His contract disputes and injuries dont change that. Id say he is incredibly difficult to deal with so no real surprise he has had ongoing contract disputes.

Uniquely, he had homefield advantage in every single one of his Super 6 fights. That was a huge unfair advantage. He fought the champion in the weight class above him, at the lower weight, in his own hometown. How often does that happen? Again, all the advantages. He then turns arounds and claims his promoter who secured all this for him did a bad job with him? Sheesh.

He has made himself irrelevant and easy to ignore. Im not fussed. I would take or leave Ward.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tegs Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

So how does this work?

The WBA have ordered a match between the two fighters.
Their promoters will try and negotiate a deal, this will most likely fail.

Then the fight goes to purse bids?

If so surely It is Froch in the driving seat? He'd fill the O2 at the very least and be able to secure PPV in the UK. Whereas they fight in the US, no PPV and about 5k tickets sold and that's being generous.

This fight only makes sense for either ,an in the UK so think Ward is in a bit of a pickle here.

What happens if Hearn wins the purse bids and then Ward refuses to fight in the UK?

Tegs

http://www.lingo-key.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

Tegs wrote:What happens if Hearn wins the purse bids and then Ward refuses to fight in the UK?
Ward vacates and fights someone like Kovalev at catchweight

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 9 Cancan13

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Mar 2015, 9:40 am

Tegs wrote:So how does this work?  

The WBA have ordered a match between the two fighters.
Their promoters will try and negotiate a deal, this will most likely fail.

Then the fight goes to purse bids?

If so surely It is Froch in the driving seat?  He'd fill the O2 at the very least and be able to secure PPV in the UK.  Whereas they fight in the US, no PPV and about 5k tickets sold and that's being generous.

This fight only makes sense for either ,an in the UK so think Ward is in a bit of a pickle here.

What happens if Hearn wins the purse bids and then Ward refuses to fight in the UK?  

They strip ward of his 'super diamond emeritus thingy' belt. Froch no longer has to caveat his  'regular' belt with  'yes I know its not a real belt' because it will now be the only belt.

Of course being a boxing sanctioning board, they could decide to demand froch  fights the no 1 contender (such position being open to the highest bidder) for the now vacant 'super diamond whatever' belt and sanction another fight between the no 2 and 3 contenders (such positions being open to the highest bidder)  for his now vacant regular belt  as that would make a few quid for them.

hope that's cleared it up.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:03 am

Tegs wrote:What happens if Hearn wins the purse bids and then Ward refuses to fight in the UK?  

Thats unlikey, it will be interesting as Ward is with Roc Nation now I think, Jay Z should of a couple of quid in his pocket.

If Hearn wins that purse bid, Froch is only entitled to between 15%-25%. If Hearn wins with a big bid and this goes on PPV and at a football ground etc.....he will be doing all the ground work for a shorter cut of the pie.

Can't see it happening

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

I'd like to see Froch take the short end just for one fight. Beat Ward and he'll be getting endorsements/adverts the rest of his life.

The fight's not happening though. Neither want it enough.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 06 Mar 2015, 1:05 pm

A quick question to anyone a bit more well-informed on these matters than I am...

With Ward's title being only an honorary title- does that still mean Ward's entitled to the lion's share?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:14 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:A quick question to anyone a bit more well-informed on these matters than I am...

With Ward's title being only an honorary title- does that still mean Ward's entitled to the lion's share?

I think that's where negotiations all fall apart. Ward believes he's still the real champion regardless of his lay-off. Froch's side will argue that he's now the A-side of the deal as the bigger attraction. I'm not sure Froch really wants the fight and so he'll likely offer Ward a fight in Nottingham or nowhere. I can't see Ward going for that.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:54 pm

To be fair Ward has never been the bigger attraction. He' s just a boring fighter with little to no personality or ability to sell a fight. He still beats Froch 9/10 depending on where it's held though.

To be honest one of them just needs to get GGG to step up or step up to face Kovalev. Don't care which, not picky.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 07 Mar 2015, 1:54 pm

The more I think about it the more see Ward wiping the floor with Froch... Froch was exposed a little by Groves with the speed factor and while he still won you can imagine what Ward would do now. I don't think Ward will be in bad shape as he is still of a decent age and has not been in any brutal fights.. I was more confident of Degale beating Froch than Dirrell because of the style he has against Froch, and Ward is the best so I'm not sure it would be a good see me off for Froch in front of his home crowed.. Ward is no Bute.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 07 Mar 2015, 2:06 pm

Froch wont take the fight. Ward wont travel. The fans arent too fussed. Id be shocked if it comes off. The real fight is which of the pair manages to save the most face. Ward could win the bluff if it he said 50/50 in Nottingham but he probably doesnt know where that is, unless there is one in California too.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 08 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm

Reports over here have it that Rodney Berman got a call from someone at Jay Z enterprises. Apparently long As Tommy Oosthuizen can see off Liebenberg, he's gonna get a $300k pay day in store June/July against Ward
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm

I think Froch should retire now............

Degale is too young for him especially after a year out........

He's had a top career which ended on a high !!...Has all his faculties......Nice family ......

Time to let go........

Time to realise his legacy is out of his hands and not something he has a say in !!

As my old Man used to say....If he you can't do anything about a problem.....Don't bother worrying about it !!...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:04 am

Froch is good for another pay check of at least a couple of million so I think he will hang around in the hope of boosting his bank balance with one last pay day. He might have problems getting motivated for a DeGalge fight. Whoever he fights it's got to be big.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:35 am

Is it purse bids today for DeGale?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 12 Mar 2015, 11:58 am

Nothing to do with the topic really, but on that big stars little stars or whatever....Froch was on it with his son, one the questions was 'What is Daddy Scared of? Mummy, Cleaning (i think) or George Groves, and the kid said George Groves Laugh

It tickled me...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Mar 2015, 1:39 pm

Did the Son say " My FOUR TIME World champion Daddy is scared of George Groves"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 12 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

Must be something to do with ginger pubes, gives me the shudders as well. Can't be a physical thing as he knocked him spark out and reduced him to tears. Again.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 12 Mar 2015, 2:36 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Nothing to do with the topic really, but on that big stars little stars or whatever....Froch was on it with his son, one the questions was 'What is Daddy Scared of? Mummy, Cleaning (i think) or George Groves, and the kid said George Groves Laugh

It tickled me...

that's kids for you, you spend hours coaching him to say 'my daddy is a massive international superstar and fears no man'... when it comes to the crunch he says 'daddy is scared of george groves'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Mar 2015, 8:47 am

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9782855/andre-ward-prepared-to-fight-carl-froch-in-uk-but-not-in-nottingham

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:28 am

Froch was just on the radio basically saying no. He said he wanted to fight at the City Ground and that window has now gone. He kept saying Ward wouldn't come over here etc and that he doubts if Ward can make Super-Middle. Also that he's calling the shots as Ward has no TV interest and isn't a draw.

Didn't really give a valid excuse, except for that he was confident of fighting Chavez next or that he may retire.

He did say that he felt Ward beat him by more than 115-113 last time though.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:29 am

Froch should retire...................Never have a fight as big as Groves 2 and will never reach the high of knocking out his rival in front of 85,000 fans.....

British great.......Had an excellent career....

Time to go..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Froch should retire...................Never have a fight as big as Groves 2 and will never reach  the high of knocking out his rival in front of 85,000 fans.....

Time to go..

I'm not 100% as to why he wouldn't fight GGG to be honest, possibly because he sees that he's actually the real deal? I'm not convinced GGG is all that just yet, but then again I wouldn't be the one getting punched in the head by him and unlike some on here (strongy with his check hook nonsense, still.. getting totally owned the subject was fun to watch) I don't pertain to be Angelo Dundee in knowledge.

Suppose fighting GGG and beating him would just render him as another hype job, such is the want of boxing fans who must belittle victories.

From all the stuff he's been saying it doesn't sound like he's bothered much about fighting any more, so should just hang them up.

Been the best British fighter since JC retired. Ranks ahead of Hatton, Khan (still has time to run), Haye and co. Would have him ahead of Benn and Eubank on my all time list as well.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

Froch is going down the Steve Collins route (namely playing himself in a film and endlessly being bitter about not getting the fight he wanted years ago)

Says he'll fight Golovkin now seeing as how Golovkin is actually prepared to come to the UK but obviously still being all Khan-esque about waiting for Chavez's booty call.

At least he's stopped going on about fighting Kessler again!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:18 am

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Froch should retire...................Never have a fight as big as Groves 2 and will never reach  the high of knocking out his rival in front of 85,000 fans.....

Time to go..

I'm not 100% as to why he wouldn't fight GGG to be honest, possibly because he sees that he's actually the real deal? I'm not convinced GGG is all that just yet, but then again I wouldn't be the one getting punched in the head by him and unlike some on here (strongy with his check hook nonsense, still.. getting totally owned the subject was fun to watch) I don't pertain to be Angelo Dundee in knowledge.

Suppose fighting GGG and beating him would just render him as another hype job, such is the want of boxing fans who must belittle victories.

From all the stuff he's been saying it doesn't sound like he's bothered much about fighting any more, so should just hang them up.

Been the best British fighter since JC retired. Ranks ahead of Hatton, Khan (still has time to run), Haye and co. Would have him ahead of Benn and Eubank on my all time list as well.

I think at 168 he thinks he can beat GGG.....Certainly that weight is an advantage for Froch and he can bang........All top fighters have confidence........That's why they reach the top !!

Just think he wants to go out on his own terms...........Chavez brings a party with him to Vegas.............Ward is his only unavenged loss...........

Think he should retire on a high.................No better high than Groves 2.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

Agree with Truss (twice in one day, eek!). He has nothing left to prove (which he can prove) as his only blackmark in his division is a guy he'll never beat anyway.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

Pretty much the reaction I expected from Froch, really. Any comments he's ever made on a possible Ward rematch have tended to be pretty half-hearted. If he was a few years younger and had fewer distinguishing moments behind him I'm sure he'd take Ward up on his offer, but with one and a half of his eyes on retirement and contentment with his career I'm not surprised he's so indifferent to it and it's hard to blame him really.

Not sure why he hasn't officially announced his retirement yet, mind you. He wasn't interested in a Degale fight to the point of vacating the IBF belt and could find himself without his WBA one if that particular organization see fit to strip him based on his lack of interest in fighting Ward in a fight they've apparently mandated. On top of that, while Froch and Hearn have been talking about a Chavez fight in Vegas for the best part of eighteen months, I don't think I've ever even heard Chavez or his team acknowledge that Froch exists.

Golovkin and Froch have both been pretty uncommitted on making a decisive statement about whether or not they want to fight each other in the near future, nobody is interested in a third fight with Kessler or Groves, Froch has stated repeatedly that he's not really interested in making a move up to 175 etc....I don't see why he's hanging around as it just looks like there's nothing he wants enough or is big enough to make it all that worthwhile.

Time to hang 'em up and enjoy his money, punditry work on Sky and his kids. Oh, and enjoy the fact that he's got Miss Cordingley and Dave has to live with that fact every day.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

F*************************CK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:23 am

He's hanging around because Boxing has been his life and has given him purpose, adulation and great riches.........

Saying goodbye forever to a close friend can be painful..

Footballers have the same problem..........

The rest of your life is a long time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9