The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

+31
Fernando
Soldier_Of_Fortune
KC
RanjitPatel
Mr Bounce
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Coxy001
mobilemaster8
captain carrantuohil
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
irishbrads
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Steffan
John Bloody Wayne
Dipper Brown
catchweight
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Strongback
kingraf
Scottrf
Derbymanc
hampo17
35 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 2 Empty Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Carl Froch wants to the Andre Ward fight in Nottingham, does home field advantage make a difference?

http://tinyurl.com/n8k793g

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:55 pm

catchweight wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Let's take a leap of faith and say froch is serious. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'd give him credit for trying to avenge the defeat. I don't see Ward as this unbeatable fighter some do. In all likelihood the smugster outclasses the slimester again, but i see froch as having 'to go all bute' to have a chance... which would make it more fun than the first time round. I'd watch it.

Froch, at a push, won 2 rounds in the first fight - Ward fought with a broken left hand. Now Ward's at full arsenal what's Froch actually gonna?

Get his ass handed to him for 7 rounds, land a punch and have the ref jump in and wave it off?
Only if Eddie is the ref...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by Strongback Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

How bad a beating does Ward give Froch if he doesn't use head butts.

Have the fight in Vegas and let Froch pick up a few million for taking a pitter patter beat down.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:04 pm

I'd love to see Froch get KTFO by Ward in his final fight. I would rather see Chunky DeGale stop him though instead

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:06 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Let's take a leap of faith and say froch is serious. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'd give him credit for trying to avenge the defeat. I don't see Ward as this unbeatable fighter some do. In all likelihood the smugster outclasses the slimester again, but i see froch as having 'to go all bute' to have a chance... which would make it more fun than the first time round. I'd watch it.

Froch, at a push, won 2 rounds in the first fight - Ward fought with a broken left hand. Now Ward's at full arsenal what's Froch actually gonna?

i put it in bold, just for your benefit Gerry Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:46 pm

Anyone who thinks chunky DeGale can stop Froch must be having a laugh.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Anyone who thinks chunky DGale can stop Froch must be hsving a laugh.
I think it would be a close fight. DeGale would outchunk the Slimester to a points victory providing Eddie hasn't brought his own judges again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:54 pm

Laugh

No way, DeGale gets propely battered off Froch.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:54 pm

Ignore Steffan, he claims to support British fighters but if you come from England you don't count.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

If you come from england and were discourteous to a welsh great, you double don't count. To be fair, its possible to be english and not like froch very much.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:09 pm

hampo171 wrote:Ignore Steffan, he claims to support British fighters but if you come from England you don't count.
Erm no you are wrong there Hampo. I don't claim to support British fighters. I always support a Welsh boxer and the rest I support depending on whether I like them or not. I cheer on Groves (to an extent), Fury, DeGale and Amir Khan who is about as English as you can get. The only ones I really don't like are Froch, Bellew and Haye

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:11 pm

What do Froch, Bellew and Haye all have in common that Groves, Fury, Degale and Khan do not?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:What do Froch, Bellew and Haye all have in common that Groves, Fury, Degale and Khan do not?
They are all utter knobs?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:16 pm

Haye is in a league of his own as a smug annoying clown who is convinced he is a lot smarter than he is.

Froch is just nuts, too many punches to the head.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

Steffan wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:What do Froch, Bellew and Haye all have in common that Groves, Fury, Degale and Khan do not?

Froch called out the Welsh Calzaghe
Bellew lost to and then beat the Welsh Cleverley
Haye knocked out the Welsh Enzon Mac

Groves, Fury, Degale and Khan had no major Welsh rivals.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Froch called out the Welsh Calzaghe
Bellew lost to and then beat the Welsh Cleverley
Haye knocked out the Welsh Enzon Mac

Groves, Fury, Degale and Khan had no major Welsh rivals.
Froch called out the Welsh Calzaghe (After Joe had retired and the Slimester knew he wasn't making a comeback. Froch has been a knob ever since the Pascal fight)

Bellew lost to and then beat the Welsh Cleverley (True but Bellew was a knob before he beat Clev)

Haye knocked out the Welsh Enzon Mac (Who hasn't knocked out Enzon? Haye is an embarrassment to the sport)

So all good reasons for me to dislike them really regardless of what beef they got with my fellow countrymen

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:39 pm

High standards of debate.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 04 Mar 2015, 12:20 am

True john... Steffan's 'utter knobs' comment is winning the  argument  for me... Succinct, to the point and compelling.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 12:23 am

Thought it was a Waingro-level comment myself, milky....

Whistle
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 04 Mar 2015, 12:33 am

It takes a special poster to stoop that low chris Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 04 Mar 2015, 12:41 am

I tell it how it is fellas Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Wed 04 Mar 2015, 7:45 am

tunes666 wrote:To be fair, it would be fair.

He was soundly beaten in the first fight but they are the two best fighters in the division and Ward got the comforts of home advantage in the first fight so why not do it in the UK this time?

I think it will still end up as a W for Ward but Froch might make him work harder for it. We have not see Ward tested outside of the USA so this may play a small factor as well.. But I think Ward is a special fighter and as long as inactivity has not hampered him too much I can see him keeping his 0 for quite some time...

Agree with you that Ward should travel, why not, froch did it first time, considering Wards lack of activity and he's not a ticket seller whats his justification for not travelling?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that Froch was soundly beaten in the first fight but consider this,  two of the judges scorecards had it at 115-113 in the first fight meaning had Froch won more one round it would have been scored a majority draw,

A few rounds were split between the judges such as rounds 3, 4, 9, 10, 11,  had one judge in one of those round went with Froch, the fight was a draw, would the home crowd have been enough to sway that one judge?!?!

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:31 am

Ward has already responded, saying that;

'Looks like Frochy Froch remembered my name all of a sudden. That's good to know. Looks like the old man is still kicking.

'Froch could have gotten this fight years ago, but it took the WBA mandating the fight for him to step up. SMH (Shaking my head). This guy.

'If this fight does happen, Froch is not dictating anything. He must have fell and bumped his head.'

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:33 am

In other words, Ward is running away as much as Froch is.

Didn't expect much else but i'd expect as the titleholder (and the fact he's just sold out Wembley) that Froch would be holding all the cards.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:48 am

Derbymanc wrote:In other words, Ward is running away as much as Froch is.

That's right thank goodness for Kovo and GGG...............They might not have beat anything but stiffs or old men but it's good to have two guys in the sport who aren't cowards..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:50 am

Who've they come out and said they won't face?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:50 am

Truss stop looking for a bite. Gets boring seeing you say the same old stuff everyday.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:53 am

hampo171 wrote:Truss stop looking for a bite. Gets boring seeing you say the same old stuff everyday.

Great fighters running from other fighters...............Gets boring every day too.............

I'll say what I feel................If you don't like it kick me off...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:54 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Quite simply Gerry yes and you know that's the case but you're doing your usual Brit hating act.

If Froch was Mexican Gerry's tune would be wildly different.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Truss stop looking for a bite. Gets boring seeing you say the same old stuff everyday.

Great fighters running from other fighters...............Gets boring every day too.............

I'll say what I feel................If you don't like it kick me off...

We've all seen this before, every poster says something you bring something up to try and get a bite, in the end they bite and it all turns nasty. All I'm asking is you stop fishing for bites Truss.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

That's right thank goodness for Kovo and GGG...............They might not have beat anything but stiffs or old men but it's good to have two guys in the sport who aren't cowards..

Whoops, someone insulted a Yank so Truss's gotta step in........ laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:57 am

I don't mind Gerry having a disregard for any fighters competing under the British flag....

I just find it laughable though....How most are better than the ones from other Countries that he rates highly...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:57 am

Your just in a mood cause he's a yank Wink Why shouldn't Froch ask Ward to travel when there's (more than likely) more money involved in it.

What more can GGG and Kovalev do except what they are doing?

Last edited by Derbymanc on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the smiley as not trying for an argument)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

Ward is rapidly turning into a nobody. Could've achieved so much more if his ambition matched his talent. So anonymous that he may well go down as this era's forgotten great.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

The guy has cleaned out the division...........So how can he be running....

Great fighters insulted daily.........Yet Frampton, GGG, Kovo who've never fought anybody are lauded...

Sometimes you have to step in for what is right !!

What made us a super power....Manning up !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:01 am

Cleaned out the division and then has done Jack, if it was anyone but a yank (see Klitshcko etc) you'd be bemoaning how he should be stepping up.

No good being great and then just sitting on your laurels, the next great boxer could be just around the corner and then your a forgotten man.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:05 am

Derbymanc wrote:Cleaned out the division and then has done Jack, if it was anyone but a yank (see Klitshcko etc) you'd be bemoaning how he should be stepping up.

No good being great and then just sitting on your laurels, the next great boxer could be just around the corner and then your a forgotten man.

Don't tell me what I would be thinking..............Beat the number 1 light heavy too..........

Should be stepping up ?????..............Three guys he beat went on to win World titles...........

He's earned the right to do what he likes....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Great fighters insulted daily.........Yet Frampton, GGG, Kovo who've never fought anybody are lauded...

1. He cleaned out the division over 3 years ago, unless you count the Dawson fight too, in which case it's 2.5 years. And he's done absolutely nothing, nor has he shown any interest in doing anything, since.

2. Framps, GGG, Kovo have 'never fought anybody' because the North American's keep ducking divisional challenges on mass.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:07 am

Does the same go for Klitchko then?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

1. He cleaned out the division over 3 years ago, unless you count the Dawson fight too, in which case it's 2.5 years. And he's done absolutely nothing, nor has he shown any interest in doing anything, since.

2. Framps, GGG, Kovo have 'never fought anybody' because the North American's keep ducking divisional challenges on mass.

Well that's alright then.....

I think Cotto should offer GGG 100,000 bucks to fight him..............When he say's no...............Cotto can fight stiffs and Toppy will be happy forever!! Laugh Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Cleaned out the division and then has done Jack, if it was anyone but a yank (see Klitshcko etc) you'd be bemoaning how he should be stepping up.

Don't tell me what I would be thinking..............Beat the number 1 light heavy too..........

Should be stepping up ?????..............Three guys he beat went on to win World titles...........

No he didn't. He beat a guy who had to come down to 168 to fight him, because again Ward's ambition to leave his weight division is about as great as his ambition to leave his back yard.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

Except we know that's what you'd do.

What has he done in the last year that makes it so Ward should be calling the shots?

If it was the end of his career then i'd agree he could take a soft retirement fight as a bow out to the fans (does he have many?)

It's not and frankly, i'm not sure if he went tomorrow that he'd be missed as a lot of people don't know who he is.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:10 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

No he didn't.  He beat a guy who had to come down to 168 to fight him, because again Ward's ambition to leave his weight division is about as great as his ambition to leave his back yard.

So Dawson wasn't the number 1 light heavy then and ward didn't beat him ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I think Cotto should offer GGG 100,000 bucks to fight him..............When he say's no...............Cotto can fight stiffs and Toppy will be happy forever!! Laugh Laugh

Keep trawling out the excuses Trussy, everyone can see they're as transparent as most of the rest of the guff you post on here.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

Truss your wrong on this one i am afraid

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Keep trawling out the excuses Trussy, everyone can see they're as transparent as most of the rest of the guff you post on here.

Cleaned out the division.............Beat the number 1 light heavy..............If that makes you a coward...

Then I'm transparent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:13 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

No he didn't.  He beat a guy who had to come down to 168 to fight him, because again Ward's ambition to leave his weight division is about as great as his ambition to leave his back yard.

So Dawson wasn't the number 1 light heavy then and ward didn't beat him ??

He fought a guy at 168 that hadn't fought there in an age.

No point crediting the win as 'against the #1 LHW' when Ward didn't have the balls to fight him at LHW.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:14 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Truss your wrong on this one i am afraid

I just have more rspect for great fighters............than you do....

I think beating Froch, Kessler, Dawson and Bika and winning the super 6...................Is a little better than Cleverly and a 50 yr old.....

But what do I know..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:15 am

If he brought him down then he wasn't fighting the no.1 light heavy, he was fighting a scaled down Light heavyweight.

So your admitting that Ward is done then Truss? If not then surely he should keep proving himself against the best in the division he wants to fight at.

Explain why you think he shouldn't travel for more money too.

Last edited by Derbymanc on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:15 am

Best not to argue because whoever starts it..... Hampo blames me...

and I'm a sensitive boy.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

I find it laughable when I'm often the only guy on here who sticks up for Ricky Hatton that It's always a nationality thing.......

I'm one of the few guys on here who has Manny top 15/20..........

As a Mayweather fan you can't get more objective than that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next