The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

+31
Fernando
Soldier_Of_Fortune
KC
RanjitPatel
Mr Bounce
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Coxy001
mobilemaster8
captain carrantuohil
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
irishbrads
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Steffan
John Bloody Wayne
Dipper Brown
catchweight
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
hazharrison
Strongback
kingraf
Scottrf
Derbymanc
hampo17
35 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 3 Empty Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Carl Froch wants to the Andre Ward fight in Nottingham, does home field advantage make a difference?

http://tinyurl.com/n8k793g

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Best not to argue because whoever starts it..... Hampo blames me...

and I'm a sensitive boy.. Cool

Well the fact is, on this occasion, you did start it.

You defend Ward for being the number one in his division, for cleaning it out and saying it's ok for him to take a two year holiday in the middle of his career, but moan that Klitschko has destroyed heavyweight boxing because he has cleaned out the division, and beat all of his closest challengers. Can't have one rule for one, just makes you look stupid.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch Wants The Ward Fight In Nottingham

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:21 am

It's not the same argument at all....

Ward has beaten top fighters...........Or don't you watch Boxing..

How much time did Leonard have off ???...........How much time did Dempsey, Fitzsimmons and the oldies have off....

Just stick to what you know..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:22 am

As long as we're not throwing insults around and discussing, I'm sure Hampo won't mind too much.

Why do you think Ward shouldn't travel then Truss and why he should be given a pass over this one?

Wlad's fought the top fighters in the HW division too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:25 am

Derbymanc wrote:Wlad's fought the top fighters in the HW division too.

So he has............Ward could have beaten most of them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:27 am

Not Wlads fault though that the HW division is so bereft of talent. Taking that into account.

Why does Ward get a pass but Wlad doesn't?

Bear in mind Wlads travelled before and is looking to have his next fight in the states. Ward seems to have planted roots.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:28 am

I don't know you guys want the top Americans who've proved themselves over an over to fight tough fight after tough fight.....

Yet Frampton beats a Munroe victim twice and some chump on Saturday and he's toast of the town.........

Double standards...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Pointless arguing with Truss Derby, as he's just pointed out on another thread. A fighter who works his way back up the rankings getting a title shot, but Ward coming back from nearly two years out of the ring getting a title shot is perfectly fine.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:32 am

He's the toast of Britain at the minute, bit like Wilder was for a while over in America. Fight a bunch of stiffs and he's liable to fall down the pecking order (bit like Quigg,)
And Frampton is still learning a little bit, not at his peak and still has the opportunity for the bigger fights. Also worth to note, Rigo hasn't been in touch with them (according to Barry,) Santa Cruz hasn't moved and Quigg's been mooted over and over.

Ward hasn't fought in god knows how long (I could look it up but he doesn't interest me enough,) refuses to move and seems to believe everyone should be crawling over themselves to get to him.

And the biggest ALSO, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

Sticking up for Ward is starting something..........

Why don't you just edit my replies ???

When people start calling great fighters duckers. runners or cowards...I'm going to stick up for them....

period..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

Why do you need to stick up for him? Don't get so sensitive Truss.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:37 am

So explain why he's not running then Truss, while your at it also say why Froch being the main earner and the belt holder shouldn't hold the cards.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:40 am

I've said how I feel...........

If it was the Captain arguing with you.............You'd all be agreeing with me..

Let's move on... Cool thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Aaaah so it is cause he's a yank, glad we cleared that up.

For what it's worth, a fighter that hasn't fought in forever, has no history of making real money and refuses to travel should be grabbing this opportunity with both hands.

Come out and state your gonna come over here, face Froch where he wants (good chance your gonna walk it) and come and start building a fan base elsewhere, make some good money and show the fans you really want to become the best.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:46 am

Whatever TRUSSY says to defend Ward is definitely better than claiming Ward 'Didn't have the balls' to fight Dawson at LHW. Such a lack of respect for an elite boxer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

We all know Ward would get natious if he stepped outside of Oklahoma

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

Scottrf wrote:Whatever TRUSSY says to defend Ward is definitely better than claiming Ward 'Didn't have the balls' to fight Dawson at LHW. Such a lack of respect for an elite boxer.

Common sense has arrived..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:We all know Ward would get natious if he stepped outside of Oklahoma
He hasn't fought in Oklahoma in his career.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

Scottrf wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:We all know Ward would get natious if he stepped outside of Oklahoma
He hasn't fought in Oklahoma in his career.

Good film though.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:56 am

I don't think this wil happen for reasons i have said before but ward has said he wants a tune up on his return, who do we see that being against

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:57 am

Someone that's been elevated in the rankings so they can say he's all that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:59 am

Didn't you know that Wheelie and Derby are moaning about Champions like Ward not stepping up...

But are happy the likes of Stephen smith are getting title shots......

I mean What the F**k..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Froch is not a ducker just like Ward isn't a ducker, too many are quick to pass judgement the moment a fight they'd like to see doesn't happen straight away.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:01 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Froch is not a ducker just like Ward isn't a ducker, too many are quick to pass judgement the moment a fight they'd like to see doesn't happen straight away.

Shocking the disrespect for two warriors.......

Complete double standards too.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:01 am

Since when is Stephen Smith a champion Truss?

As I stated on the other thread, give the champion hell for taking an easier fight, don't give the challenger hell for taking an opportunity that's given to him.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:01 am

I just want ward to get back in the ring, i have not once said Ward hasnt stepped up, getting him back in the ring would be a start

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:02 am

hampo171 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Best not to argue because whoever starts it..... Hampo blames me...

and I'm a sensitive boy.. Cool

Well the fact is, on this occasion, you did start it.

You defend Ward for being the number one in his division, for cleaning it out and saying it's ok for him to take a two year holiday in the middle of his career, but moan that Klitschko has destroyed heavyweight boxing because he has cleaned out the division, and beat all of his closest challengers. Can't have one rule for one, just makes you look stupid.

It's the Floyd factor.

He has to let Ward off his 2-3 year hiatus otherwise he can't apply the same rule to Floyd's 'retirement' which he needs to support his '17 years at the top' BS.

He has to credit Ward as beating 'the #1 LHW', despite it being at 168, so that he can credit Floyd with beating 'the #1 LMW' despite it being at a catchweight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

I'm saying he won't step up to this. Anyone explain why he should be given a free pass on this one.

He's supposed to be one of the best in the world, he's been made mandatory for a belt against the no.2 in his division. He's got the opportunity to come and make some easy money (according to a lot of you) and expand his fanbase (of which he could do with according to more people.)

Why should he be given a pass on this?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:04 am

Derbymanc wrote:Aaaah so it is cause he's a yank, glad we cleared that up.

For what it's worth, a fighter that hasn't fought in forever, has no history of making real money and refuses to travel should be grabbing this opportunity with both hands.

Especially as it's a relatively easy pay day (I'm sure Truss would agree) and will probably get him more exposure, as well as more money, than any other fight out there (given that he hasn't the ambition to move from 168).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

Derbymanc wrote:Why should he be given a pass on this?
Well, he has beaten him once, easily.

I think that should be given some consideration.

Look, the last few years of his career haven't been as any fan (or him I expect) would like. But are we forgetting his contract issues/legal disputes?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:09 am

So in conclusion..............Everyone is happy that Stephen Smith types are getting shots but If it's against Ward types then they are cowards, runners, cherrypickers for fighting them..

Laugh ..Consistency is alive and well on 606..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:09 am

Scottrf wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Why should he be given a pass on this?
Well, he has beaten him once, easily.

I think that should be given some consideration.

But if he's cleaned out the division (as Truss is keen to tell us) and won't move divisions (as he/Virgil are keen to tell us) and shouldn't have to fight anyone he's alreay beaten (as you seem keen to tell us):

Why doesn't he just retire? His career is surely over.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So in conclusion..............Everyone is happy that Stephen Smith types are getting shots but If it's against Ward types then they are cowards, runners, cherrypickers for fighting them..

Laugh  ..Consistency is alive and well on 606..........

And the award for "pot...kettle...& black..." comment of the day goes to....... laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

Why shouldn't we be happy with a British fighter getting a title shot Truss? I also haven't anyone say this fight shouldn't happen, I don't think it's unfair to say that if Ward wants to fight for this belt then he should travel, the fight sells much better over here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:12 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So in conclusion..............Everyone is happy that Stephen Smith types are getting shots but If it's against Ward types then they are cowards, runners, cherrypickers for fighting them..

Laugh  ..Consistency is alive and well on 606..........

And the award for "pot...kettle...& black..." comment of the day goes to....... laughing

It's all you've got....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:13 am

It was pointed out somewhere else though Scott, that it wasn't as easy as thought (scorecards showed Froch only need a round for a draw I think.)

There is some consideration to be given that he should possibly be given a warm up fight first (but I believe his network have said no to this.)

He's been told he's mandatory for Frochs title, now if he gives up that right then fine, but if not then why should it be Froch jumping through hoops?

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
So in conclusion..............Everyone is happy that Stephen Smith types are getting shots but If it's against Ward types then they are cowards, runners, cherrypickers for fighting them..

Laugh ..Consistency is alive and well on 606..........

Have I misread again as I thought it was Ward being given a shot at Froch, not the other way around.

In conclusion, if was talking about Joshua being given a shot against Wlad, but Wlad said no you'd be saying what a ducker he is etc etc, unless of course he started waving an American Flag and calling himself Johnny Appleseed Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:But if he's cleaned out the division (as Truss is keen to tell us) and won't move divisions (as he/Virgil are keen to tell us) and shouldn't have to fight anyone he's alreay beaten (as you seem keen to tell us):

He shouldn't have to do anything. It's his career. You are free to criticise.

What I have a problem with though is the disrespectful terms you use to describe these fighters.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

I find it bizarre how Ward is taking s**t........For taking time out..

Hagler fought once in two years 85-87............

That's fair enough.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Toppy should be spending his time telling us why Billy Conn is a Top 20 heavyweight !! Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Derbymanc wrote:It was pointed out somewhere else though Scott, that it wasn't as easy as thought (scorecards showed Froch only need a round for a draw I think.)

There is some consideration to be given that he should possibly be given a warm up fight first (but I believe his network have said no to this.)

He's been told he's mandatory for Frochs title, now if he gives up that right then fine, but if not then why should it be Froch jumping through hoops?

I base my judgement on what I see, not scorecards. It was easy.

I already said at the start of the thread that it shouldn't be Froch jumping through hoops.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:But if he's cleaned out the division (as Truss is keen to tell us) and won't move divisions (as he/Virgil are keen to tell us) and shouldn't have to fight anyone he's alreay beaten (as you seem keen to tell us):

He shouldn't have to do anything. It's his career. You are free to criticise.

What I have a problem with though is the disrespectful terms you use to describe these fighters.

The 'balls' comment was crass. But everything else is spot on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I find it bizarre how Ward is taking s**t........For taking time out..

You have to to sustain your crappy Floyd 'X years at the top' argument.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I find it bizarre how Ward is taking s**t........For taking time out..

You have to to sustain your crappy Floyd 'X years at the top' argument.....

Like I said it's all you've got............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:27 am

Funny how 'all I've got' comes in so many forms and always manages to totally undermine you so easily, and you are unable to counter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 04 Mar 2015, 1:57 pm

I really do think that the most crimson of all red herrings is the argument that because two American judges seemed to forget their white sticks and guide dogs in scoring the Ward-Froch fight 115-113, the fight was somehow close. The British judge (John Keane, from memory) was in no way over-generous to Ward in calling it 118-110, which was the opinion of the vast majority of experts who watched the thing. I recall Malignaggi going crazy on the radio about how disgraceful the 115-113 cards were. Having initially watched it with the TV sound down and the radio on, I couldn't make head or tail of those scores, either.

The only round that Froch unequivocally won that night was the 12th, for me. The rest was a totally predictable pattern of Ward domination, not just at range, but increasingly on the inside as well. Now it may be that this huge lay-off that Ward has had would give Froch some sort of a prayer if they were to fight again without Ward taking a tune-up. On all known evidence, though, Ward starts as a prohibitive favourite, whether the return were to be held in Oakland or Nottingham. Two wonky scorecards from the first fight shouldn't be allowed to obscure that fact.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm

I had it closer than eight but more than two.........Convincing enough to make a rematch redundant..

if it was exciting I'd say why not ?

It was a stinker......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:12 pm

It wasn't the greatest Truss, but I don't see why that should bar it from happening again at the moment. Would like to see it to see if Froch can actually try anything different (I doubt it) and would like to see Ward push himself a little bit and start making a statement.

A good outing here in the UK and he increases his fan base easily, plus he can (kind of) put the 'he won't travel' blurbs to bed. Plus if he comes out and says 'yup, i'll come over there' Froch has to make a decision and it puts him on the back foot.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:20 pm

Don't think this will happen. Ward won't ever travel for this, not a chance in hell.

I don't even know how he would cope fighting in Canada let alone travelling to the Warriors trench in Nottingham.

It's a completely different atmosphere and its as hostile as you could possible be.

Frock hammers him into submission late on after being out boxed early on.

Froch LKO around 10 after losing maybe 6 rounds before hand

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:24 pm

Derbymanc wrote:It wasn't the greatest Truss, but I don't see why that should bar it from happening again at the moment. Would like to see it to see if Froch can actually try anything different (I doubt it) and would like to see Ward push himself a little bit and start making a statement.

A good outing here in the UK and he increases his fan base easily, plus he can (kind of) put the 'he won't travel' blurbs to bed. Plus if he comes out and says 'yup, i'll come over there' Froch has to make a decision and it puts him on the back foot.

I still don't see why Ward needs to fight him again.........Derby.

Comprehensively beat him...............I gave Tony Tucker the same amount of rounds against Tyson as I gave Froch v Ward........If Tyson had said after that fight " I'm not fighting Tucker again !!"

Would anybody care.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:27 pm

Who else could/should he face though.....

to be honest Truss, if he hadn't been made mandatory and they'd been ordered to face each other then I doubt any of us would be too fussed either.

I'm more interested in how it plays out with the governing body and how they see it. Does Froch hold the cards and have the right to call Ward over here as he's the belt holder, or will they side with Ward and his demands as if we're honest, he is the outright no.1 at the weight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:34 pm

Love to see him fight GGG.........

He's so awkward and smart.....Love to see how GGG copes.........

Another Whittaker v nelson for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next