The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Box Or Playstation?

+17
Dass
Fernando
cherriesfna
ShahenshahG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ScarletSpiderman
Hulking_up
pscott
Duty281
TipToes88
Bull
hampo17
B91212
Gregers
nasisillmatic
Crimey
Shot 21 LCFC
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

X Box Or Playstation? Empty X Box Or Playstation?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

Ok so we are getting close to the new console releases. Sony are bringing out Playstation 4 and Microsoft are bringing out X Box One. Which one are you currently planning to buy? At the moment Im going for PS4. I currently have an X Box 360 and personally prefer them, but the PS4 will be £80 cheaper than the XB1. Also Ive heard online will be free for PS4. But the main thing that is swinging me so far is the fact that apparently with XB1 you will not be able to play second hand games. What the hell is the point of this? It means you will have to play every game brand new and wont be able to buy a slightly cheaper pre-owned version. It also means once you buy a game your stuck with it. So if you buy something, and realise it is a load of rubbish you wont be able to sell it on. It also means you cant lend people games. So if I decide to go round a mates house for a FIFA tournament and he doesnt have the game I wont be able to play my game in his console. I may have my info wrong about this but if its true then I will definately buy PS4. Microsoft will need to change some of these rules I think.

Over to you guys.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

X Box Or Playstation? Empty Re: X Box Or Playstation?

Post by Crimey Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:47 am

PS4 you have to pay to actually get any of the real online features such as playing with other people. Think it's going to be about £7 for 30 days, so it basically costs the same as Xbox Live now.

The second hand games thinking is that games developers get now money from pre-owned games, it's tailored towards the stores that sell the game which can sell it several times and basically make up for what they paid the developers in the first place. Naturally this has frustrated the developers, and I imagine they threatened Xbox...weirdly PS4 have managed to get around it, but I imagine you'll have to pay for a lot of extras on PS4, and there will be less exclusives.

In your scenario you would be able to though, they allow you to share it once as long as it is with somebody who has been on your friends listfor 30 days.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:03 am

I'll be getting a PS4 either way. I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007 and it broke twice within 2 years, so I won't bother with Microsoft again.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

Neither as it stands. Not really impressed by Xbox One which would have been my preference. PS4 may have won the E3 battle but long term they don't have Halo so don't see much interest in that either

As long as they continue to make 360 games I'll stick with that, maybe only making the jump whena new Halo game is released

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

I think the Xbox One will quickly drop in price to be honest, they've just misjudged a lot, there will be a lot of U-turns when they realise they're losing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:45 pm

Less exclusives Crimey?

The Ps4 will have a lot! Uncharted, GOW, iNfamous, Killzone, Last of Us 2/Whatever they do next, Ratchet and Clank, Jax, LittleBigPlanet, Modnation racers, granturismo 5... not to mention new franchises

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

I’ve not owned a Playstation since the PS1, owning first an original Xbox and then the Xbox 360 but I will be getting the PS4 this time around. The main reasons for my decision are-

I want a games console to be just that, a games console and not an entertainment center. Other than the voice control stuff the other stuff I can do on various different platforms that I already own and are used daily in our household.

The kinetic spying thing is spooky and just plain wrong, especially with the NSA news coming out in the last week and Microsoft supposedly being compliant with it already. I understand that most things we do are tracked anyway but to me the Xbox one seems to take it to whole new level that makes me feel uncomfortable. I also fell that having to connect to the net every 24 hours is just another way to watch what your up.

With the differences in RAM I feel the PS4 has a superior technical spec for gaming. Although I don’t think it will make a significant difference initially, as developers get used to the capabilities of the new specs then I think it will in a couple of years time. Also as console specs become outdated very quickly then I want the best possible spec at time of purchase.

I don’t buy used games but do swap them with friends then so Microsoft’s new policy doesn't work for me personally. However I can see the developers side when it comes to the second hand games market (I also feel gamers get ripped off when they purchase used games as things currently stand).

In the end it was an easy decision for me. The price differential isn’t a factor and if the PS4 cost $100 more then I would still go with that. Initially I was going to wait until they had been out at least 6 months but my mrs is insisting on buying me one or the other for Christmas as I’m supposedly 'impossible to by gifts for' and she refuses to 'waste the opportunity'.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

I'm sticking with the XB1, purely because of Dead Rising being an exclusive. It's one of the few games I can't put down.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 12 Jun 2013, 5:29 pm

PS4 but i wont switch till the games pile and nothing is left for PS3

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm

Ps4 all the way, the Xbox is an absolute joke. You have to log on once every 24 hours or you can't play any games offline. The kinect is just plain creepy, I've a pal in the industry who says that the kinect is always monitoring the room even if the console is off and pulling the plug can erase all your stuff. Also they have brought back that massive power block on the cable and the console itself is massive. It's basically a very expensive tv remote

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:58 pm

haha classic tiptoes88. Agree with you, I think it's PS4 time for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Ps4 all the way, the Xbox is an absolute joke. You have to log on once every 24 hours or you can't play any games offline. The kinect is just plain creepy, I've a pal in the industry who says that the kinect is always monitoring the room even if the console is off and pulling the plug can erase all your stuff. Also they have brought back that massive power block on the cable and the console itself is massive. It's basically a very expensive tv remote

Yep, it knows just how many people are in the room. Why would it even need to know that?

Last edited by Duty281 on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:22 am

Its the PS4 for me as well, just as another balls up from Microsoft comes out.  They've decided that theres only 21 countries in the world that the console will work in.  UK is obviously one that it will work in but still thats crazy.

The only console I haven't owned from the last 20 years is a Wii so I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy, the games for PS4 look good if they can reduce the dead zones for the new dual shock it'll all be good.

Crimey I still don't get your point about exclusives and extras being more expensive?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:22 am

Sorry folks I've just read that back and its really badly written, I'll go get some coffee

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

pscott wrote:Crimey I still don't get your point about exclusives and extras being more expensive?

Games developers that make games for both consoles will make more money on the Xbox as anybody who wants to buy it will have to buy it new, it negates the need for expensive extras or exclusives with buying it new as they currently do.

On the PS4 they will have to make up for the loss they make on shops being able to sell one copy of the game several times over while paying the developers once by making sure there are exclusives for buying it new that are otherwise expensive, or putting on important DLC on the game that can be only bought directly from them and downloaded once.

Just think what is happening with games right now, two notable examples are Batman: Arkham City which restricted a whole area of the game where you play as Catwoman to those would bought the game new or who paid extra for it. Fifa 13 restricted Ultimate Team to those who bought the game new or had to buy it afterwards.

These kinds of things are less likely to happen on the Xbox One, because it's been designed heavily in favour of the developers because every time somebody buys their game for the Xbox One, they actually get something for it. The PS4 doesn't have this, so the developers will have to make up for the lost money somewhere else. 

This will all be irrelevant if the Xbox One sells really poorly though as there won't be anybody with one to buy their games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:47 am

I understand what you mean but surely you think these extras would only cost more if you get the game second hand?  These codes are invariably 'free' on first purchase

Or do you think that they would be more expensive new?

So there would be two prices for Xbones and PS4 games.

Or as at the moment EA make you buy a online pass at the moment ( I think )  Sony have said if non in house publishers want to do this they can for PS4.

Incidentally I can only talk about Arkham City but the Catwoman dlc did nothing for me.

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

PS4 btw looks of things will have what we have now and that is Online passes im going to say i dont think they will block Single player mode on the console. 

You pretty much get the Online pass when you buy the game new anyway. 

The DLC might be more expensive but i could not really give a crap over the DLC tbh.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

pscott wrote:I understand what you mean but surely you think these extras would only cost more if you get the game second hand?  These codes are invariably 'free' on first purchase

Or do you think that they would be more expensive new?

So there would be two prices for Xbones and PS4 games.

Or as at the moment EA make you buy a online pass at the moment ( I think )  Sony have said if non in house publishers want to do this they can for PS4.

Incidentally I can only talk about Arkham City but the Catwoman dlc did nothing for me.

Yeah that's what I mean, the developers will be happy if the game is bought new, it's where the games are bought second handed that they'll put a lot of expensive extras on. 

Right now the extras are fairly rubbish, but with one console not letting people buy their games without them getting any money they'll likely want to make sure people either buy it new, or if they buy it for the other console that they will have to make up for buying it second handed by buying lots of extras that are needed to get the full experience.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:28 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah that's what I mean, the developers will be happy if the game is bought new, it's where the games are bought second handed that they'll put a lot of expensive extras on. 

Right now the extras are fairly rubbish, but with one console not letting people buy their games without them getting any money they'll likely want to make sure people either buy it new, or if they buy it for the other console that they will have to make up for buying it second handed by buying lots of extras that are needed to get the full experience.

I've just copied in your comment and I'm not sure if I've done it right, if it works I deserve a round of applause goddammit.

To be honest I am fairly comfortable with not paying for extras, they tend not to be vital to be the game.  If its gun and skin packs for shooters you should just spend some time getting good it.

The only stuff that I have paid for are the Skyrim DLC and for that sort of thing I don't see how they can charge more for that.

If its extra 'tombs' for Farcry 3 I could live without it.  I realise it just me

I'm maybe going in to it too much but it would have to be just online passes as you can play SP offline therefore they have no way of knowing what you have.

Christ I'm boring myself, does anyone else have any ideas where there could be a charge or think of a variation?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

I know that the things they're charging extra for now are rubbish, but if the Xbox One still gets decent sales, then I think they'll start putting more important things as expensive extras. It might be the multiplayer or a big chunk of the single player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 13 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

Hows this for a bizzaro world extrapolation of that idea?  The game you buy first hand gets reviews of 8 out of 10, if you have a 2nd hand version because of missing content it would score a 6 out of 10?

You get a second hand ending?  You get a less special edition?

Who would have the balls to do this?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:12 pm

Neither are overly impressive IMO

il stick with xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:16 pm

Meh the second hand content thing doesn't bother me so much, we've been doing it for over a decade with pc. PS3 and Xbox 360 games would come with codes in the box for exclusive content that were one use only. And dlc stuff is new material so I don't mind shelling out for that. Although EA are terrible for just milking the customers, battlefield 3 being my main gripe. I'd you didn't pay 50 sheets for the newest add on you could be kicked from a game by people who had so they don't have to wait. So yeah actually I take by my original point. Boo hiss

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 2:16 pm

*back

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Thu 13 Jun 2013, 3:01 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Ok so we are getting close to the new console releases. Sony are bringing out Playstation 4 and Microsoft are bringing out X Box One. Which one are you currently planning to buy? At the moment Im going for PS4. I currently have an X Box 360 and personally prefer them, but the PS4 will be £80 cheaper than the XB1. Also Ive heard online will be free for PS4.

PS4 easily. I'd never own a crapbox.
To play online mutliplayer you will need to buy the plus membership which is £39.99 for 12 months which is about £3.33 per month.
If you already have it on PS3 then it carries over to the PS4.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

Bull wrote:PS4 but i wont switch till the games pile and nothing is left for PS3

Ditto.

Same as the online functions, I play games of one player modes, or having mates around and playing all in the same room. Really not a fan of online gaming, I tried it once and had a 9yo yank kid message me with a heap of abuse for not being too good ona game I had just bought. My misses took the controller off me after that and told me that online gaming is no good for the blood pressure.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Jun 2013, 1:44 pm

I always hear about getting abused with online gaming, but I've honestly never had it, despite playing online for about 5 years. The only time I ever got it is when I was specifically targeting one guy on my team and winding him up for a laugh and he sent me some tame abuse.

Think that's just a matter of being unlucky. Although admittedly, I've never played a lot of Call of Duty which is where I think a lot of them congregate.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

Crimey wrote:I always hear about getting abused with online gaming, but I've honestly never had it, despite playing online for about 5 years. The only time I ever got it is when I was specifically targeting one guy on my team and winding him up for a laugh and he sent me some tame abuse.

Think that's just a matter of being unlucky. Although admittedly, I've never played a lot of Call of Duty which is where I think a lot of them congregate.

I guess it all depends on what game it is etc. I was whupped bad on Marvel Vrs Capcom, don't think I even managed to get a single move off. So I can understand the lad being lippy, but being told what you can go and do with your own mother, and in very poor grammar (and even worse spelling) was a bit of ovekill.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:22 pm

Crimey wrote:I always hear about getting abused with online gaming, but I've honestly never had it, despite playing online for about 5 years. The only time I ever got it is when I was specifically targeting one guy on my team and winding him up for a laugh and he sent me some tame abuse.

And FIFA.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

Duty281 wrote:

And FIFA.

FIFA is the only game I've played online for about a year and have never got abuse on it. Got to admit that I never have my mic on though, but never even got a message afterwards that's abusive. Had a few saying good game.

I usually send 'haha' or a sad face if they quit early.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:18 pm

Fight Night is one I find that I usually get abuse on. Had my first fight online the other day, knocked my opponent down twice in the first round. Came out for the second one and it was laggy as hell, this guy was landing three punches by the time I threw one.

Got a message from him saying I was rubbish etc, didn't reply back as it would have been unpleasent.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 14 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

Any abusive message that comes my way always gets the same default response: "ya mam"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 14 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

Immature. 

Ive never abused or been abused, i have sent messages over on fifa saying cheat but it usually ends up with both of us having a laugh in the messages.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Jun 2013, 4:50 pm

Whenever anyone sends me an abusive message I report it to the police
I can't be doing with it. Get rid of them.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 14 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

Can you get all these games on pc and play them with an xbox controller?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

You get loads of abuse in FIFA, when I'm winning I play like a **** in order to annoy them, the abuse is hilarious , especially because you won and that's all you need to win an argument, repeatedly telling them the scoreline, 
Yh I know, I'm a Meat trombone soloist
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:57 pm

cherriesfna wrote:You get loads of abuse in FIFA, when I'm winning I play like a **** in order to annoy them, the abuse is hilarious , especially because you won and that's all you need to win an argument, repeatedly telling them the scoreline, 
Yh I know, I'm a Meat trombone soloist

Haha yeah, that's the only time I get abuse on FIFA as well, after I've won a game on seasons or UT. Hilarious. I just send back something like "2-1, it's your keepers fault."

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch wrote:Whenever anyone sends me an abusive message I report it to the police
I can't be doing with it. Get rid of them.

A valid reason to bring back hanging ED!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

Microsoft is poised to pull a 180 on its unpopular Xbox One policies.

"You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc," Microsoft Interactive Entertainment President Don Mattrick wrote on the official Xbox Wire. "The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

The console will no longer need to maintain an online connection, and will instead only require one when setting up the system for the first time. Microsoft will impose no additional restrictions on trading or loaning games, all game discs will work on Xbox One like they do on Xbox 360, and--even better than Xbox 360--all region locks have been dropped.

"We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick added. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

Xbox One's restrictive online and used game policies were roundly ridiculed after the system's debut. Microsoft seems to have taken concerns to heart after Sony brushed off fears of similar restrictions for PlayStation 4 at its conference.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:54 pm

Sony to have 20 exclusives in the first year of the PS4, in which 12 of those will be new IP compared to Microsoft's 15 exclusives and out of those 15,8 will be new IP.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

Bull wrote:Sony to have 20 exclusives in the first year of the PS4, in which 12 of those will be new IP compared to Microsoft's 15 exclusives and out of those 15,8 will be new IP.

IP?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:19 pm

Intellectual Property, referring to the game name/design.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

New franchises Scarlet

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

Cheers guys, i wouldn't have guessed that (was thinking maybe Independant Publisher maybe). I guess the new console do need to have some sequels of games from the old console just to try and entice people over. Like the thought of INfamous III is really tempting me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 24 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

Yeah there are going to be some big things over there though im hoping some of the PS4 exclusives come onto the PS3 as i dont plan on switching till 2 years after release like i always do(wait for the games to pill up).

Im guessing at gamescon Uncharted,GOW will be shown and as for the 12 new ones: Diveclub,Knack ,deepdown being 3 of them makes me wonder what the big developers are working on owned by Sony, though with 20 exclusives would love it if we got Jak and Daxtar 4,a Crash return would be awesome to(i know Naughty Dog dont own the rights anymore but they could always buy it back).

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

Anyone know if GTA V is coming out on Xbox180 and PS4?
I've checked all the places i buy games from and none have the pre order option for those consoles.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:06 pm

Nope no news im afraid, i think its only this Gen GTAV.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:27 pm

Yh it will of course, rockstar always keep there cards close to their chest so they'll probably be waiting for prices to be confirmed
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

why of course?

i dont think it will cherries, i cant see it Rockstar may want to end this Gen with GTAV and start it with something else?

but if they do bring it over it wont be straight away im pretty sure on that.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:41 pm

It seems to me as that while PS4 have more exclusives, Microsoft have the higher quality exclusives at this stage. Their partnerships with EA and Dice look interesting and, to be honest, the XB1 just looks to be a better, more advanced bit of kit. I'll be getting the XB1 I think.

I had two PS3 consoles die on me and the online experience on the 360 was far, far better, well worth the paltry fee. Better downloadable games, Netflix on the TV and the controller is much better to hold and use.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next