The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK.

5 posters

Go down

Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK. Empty Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK.

Post by LondonTiger Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

In very many ways Simon Zebo had an excellent game with his broken field running often to the fore. However I feel that the match was topped and tailed by two incidents that highlight just how much we could miss George North should his hamstring not recover:

1st Minute: Excellent work by Sexton and Davies had created the overlap and gave Zebo the chance for a run to the line. Excellent cover defending from Drew Mitchell saw Zebo just in touch before grounding.

63rd Minute: Sublime cross field kick from Farrell just eludes Zebo on the bounce with the try line begging.

As I said I felt that in many ways Zebo was excellent and has quite possibly played his way into the test side. However I feel North would have scored both of these opportunities. He would have found a way to finish that first attack, either by being too strong or quite possibly by diving for the line earlier, and he would have caught the Farrell kick before it bounced and scored.

North has been a real start so far, really hope his hammy is OK.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK. Empty Re: Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK.

Post by Aelandor Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

SUBLIME cross field kick from Farrell? When he had a 3 on 1 overlap? Two passes and it would have been a try. If Sexton (or Hogg, or 12trees, or Freddie Burns, or (insert name of just about any half decent OH here) had been on I think there would have been another 2 tries for the Lions.

Aelandor

Back to top Go down

Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK. Empty Re: Why we Need North's Hamstring to be OK.

Post by doctor_grey Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

I get your point LT, but Zebo is faster than North. So its hard to say.
But it is pretty clear, the Wallabies really don't have someone to match up with North. To me, that's the biggest reason we need him to be healthy.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:48 pm

Aelandor wrote:SUBLIME cross field kick from Farrell? When he had a 3 on 1 overlap? Two passes and it would have been a try. If Sexton (or Hogg, or 12trees, or Freddie Burns, or (insert name of just about any half decent OH here) had been on I think there would have been another 2 tries for the Lions.

I must be blind or stupid then, as I clould not see a 3 on 1 overlap. If anything I saw more Aussie defenders than Lions.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

There was a massive overlap no question.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelandor Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:56 pm

Watch it again Londontiger. I'm sure theres more Lions. Its a moot point as Farrell had decided he was going to kick long before the ball came to him. Having seen the likes of Freddie Burns playing for England recently I really cant figure out exactly what Owen brings to the game. (please don't say his place kicking as there are plenty with comparable figures / success rates.

Aelandor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 15 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

More Farrell bashing on a North thread. Well done guys Rolling Eyes

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down