The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

+21
sirfredperry
Danny_1982
luciusmann
carrieg4
FedsFan
slashermcguirk
Gerry SA
erictheblueuk
Silver
lags72
HM Murdock
Dave.
bradman99.94
purplerain
The Special Juan
CaledonianCraig
time please
bogbrush
lydian
banbrotam
laverfan
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? Empty Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by laverfan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:27 am

I know it is at 10am based on this (in about 6.5 hours) - http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2013-06-20/201306201371748929795.html

This mentions Wimbledon Radio only, but is there a video stream of the draw, like the USO?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? Empty Re: Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:01 am

I dunno LV, but I do know which of the eight, will be in which quarter Wink

This will be as follows;-

Fed in Djoko's half and therefore Ferrer in Murray's

Then Nadal will be in Murray's. Tsonga in with Novak. Berdych in with Federer and finally Del Potro in with Ferrer

Don't let the Wimbledon authorities know that I know this

And don't tell anyone else censored

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? Empty Re: Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by lydian Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:08 am

Well whoever gets Ferrer will be punching the metaphorical air for sure. Eyes down in 50 mins.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

It'd be hats off to anyone winning the thing if they go through three huge matches.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

bogbrush wrote:It'd be hats off to anyone winning the thing if they go through three huge matches.

Too right!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:30 am

Ok, who do you want? (based on seedings working out, no upsets).

Q1 Djokovic v Nadal
Q2 Ferrer v Tsonga
Q3 Federer v JMDP
Q4 Murray v Berdych

What I don't want (but Craig / bantroban will);

Q1 Djokovic v JMDP
Q2 Federer v Nadal
Q3 Ferrer v Tsonga
Q4 Murray v Berdych
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:37 am

BB, I am okay with whatever the draw deals up. Should Andy draw the short straw and get Rafael Nadal then it gives us the chance to see a match-up between them in a big match for the first time since Lendl started working with Andy and since Andy has put himself in a new place mentally having won the Olympics and US Open. It should be enthralling to see how that match pans out.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:57 am

I would like: Q1:  Djokovic vs Berdych
                Q2:  Federer vs JMDP
                Q3:  Murray vs Nadal (sorry I just can't wish him on Fed and if Nadal comes through, I'd rather see a final with Djokovic just because it won't all be necessarily done and dusted)
                Q4   Ferrer vs Tsonga

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:21 am

cake Run
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:21 am

Federer, Nadal and Murray all in bottom half of the draw - poor, poor TMF Crying or Very sad . I'm really sorry CC and banbro, but I don't think you can count on Fed exhausting Rafa.

Haven't looked at draw in detail, but it is about time Djokovic got an easier draw.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by purplerain Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:23 am

So who thinks Wimbledon should have changed the seeds now!  It's a brutal draw for Rafa and Fed.

purplerain

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:26 am

Djokovic gets the plum draw, no threats before the final.

Federer & Nadal get the nightmare challenge of going through three others.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:26 am

purplerain wrote:So who thinks Wimbledon should have changed the seeds now!  It's a brutal draw for Rafa and Fed.
Nobody who thinks things through.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:27 am

Cupcakes all round for Nole!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bradman99.94 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:27 am

The Beeb have it as: Djokovic vs. Berdych, Ferrer vs. Del Potro, Nadal vs. Federer and Tsonga vs. Murray

Must be the easiest… well kindest draw possible for Djokovic. But, as they say ‘many a slip twixt cup and lip’

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:30 am

purplerain wrote:So who thinks Wimbledon should have changed the seeds now!  It's a brutal draw for Rafa and Fed.

We all knew the possibilities so nothing has changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:36 am

I really, really want Murray and Wardy to win their first round matches................. devil
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by bradman99.94 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:37 am

The only down side to Djokovic’s  draw is that there are (apparently) no British players in his side of the draw, which means that he’ll have to play players that deserve to be there on merit

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:39 am

Quite a bit past 6 o'clock already but it will be a Manic Monday at Wimbledon! Fed Murray and Nadal in action, sweet!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:05 am

Wow, that's a very kind draw for Novak! Gluten free cupcakes ahoy!

Nightmare for Fed. The one bright spot is that if he does go through Rafa, Andy and Novak to win, that tops last year as a feat and would be arguably his finest ever win.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

Wonder who else will be on Centre on Monday? I have my tickets!!!!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:22 am

Are we 100% confident that all the big guys will safely negotiate their Manic Monday openers .... ?

Or could one of them possibly exit to the sound of the Boomtown Rats ringing in his ears ........Erm ??

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:26 am

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ms/index.html

Full draw.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:29 am

lags72 wrote:Are we 100% confident that all the big guys will safely negotiate their Manic Monday openers .... ?

Or could one of them possibly exit to the sound of the Boomtown Rats ringing in his ears ........Erm ??

Hanescu is no joke, 6' 6". Federer will have to have his wits about him there.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

Thanks LF. Mayer is far from the easiest first round opponent for Novak - didn't they play each other at the QF stage last year? Hanescu also has good grass court pedigree, should give Federer a decent game in the opening round. Edmund has Janowicz, and Ward has Lu - and a meeting with Murray beckons in R2 if he makes it.

Simon will be in danger against Lopez. Dimitrov has a reasonable set of opponents, and JMDP is not the toughest ask on grass; one of the better top players to face. Could he make a run? Gulbis could repeat his previous heroics and turf out a top seed when he meets Tsonga in the second round.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:37 am

I'm not using those sources again Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:37 am

bogbrush wrote:

lags72 wrote:Are we 100% confident that all the big guys will safely negotiate their Manic Monday openers .... ?

I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet Federer has a much better Wimby record than Hanescu.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:41 am

erictheblueuk wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet Federer has a much better Wimby record than Hanescu.
No $h1t? I must check that.

You probably want to mention that to lags so he doesn't ask questions like that again.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:43 am

time please wrote:Federer, Nadal and Murray all in bottom half of the draw - poor, poor TMF  Crying or Very sad .  I'm really sorry CC and banbro, but I don't think you can count on Fed exhausting Rafa.

Haven't looked at draw in detail, but it is about time Djokovic got an easier draw.

There seems to be this illusion that us Murray fans 'fear' a Nadal match. We don't. I'd rather have him than Fed, simply because if Roger is in good enough form to beat Nadal then he's playing like he was last year or 2009

Nadal's a fairly known quantity. Remember, the most worrying thing about Andy's 2011 defeat was that he blew his chances, big style  - he wasn't blasted off the court in the same way Roger did to him at 08' US Open or Novak at the 2011 Aus.

Given Murray's improvements since (which included beating Rafa last time they meant) it's  not a match to fear

Novak, gliding through to the final is what worries me and it should too for all other fans

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

Who's got Berdych?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:45 am

banbrotam wrote:Who's got Berdych?

Novak. He lost their only previous Wimby meeting, to be fair...

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

Djokovic.

Initially he was in Murrays but there was an objection raised that Novak would get so bored before the final he might forget to turn up.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

Ferrer has the cupcake of cupcakes; not only did he avoid Nadal, but also Tsonga & Berdych. He's got JMDP who usually doesn't make it this far.

He may as well get his family organised for the semi.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:58 am

There's no guarantee Berdych will get very far. He has Klizan in the first round and we all know Berdych is prone to an early loss (Monfils at the FO, Gulbis last year). Mayer's a tough draw for Novak and he served for the first set last year against him but bottled it big time. I don't fear Nadal as they had to meet sooner than later and (forgive me Nadal fans) I'd love to see Murray wreck him in front of a British crowd. However, the match I really want to see is Murray v Ward in round 2. I bet the crowd are pro-Wardy Wink
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:07 pm

banbrotam wrote:

time please wrote:Federer, Nadal and Murray all in bottom half of the draw - poor, poor TMF  Crying or Very sad .  I'm really sorry CC and banbro, but I don't think you can count on Fed exhausting Rafa.

There seems to be this illusion that us Murray fans 'fear' a Nadal match. We don't. I'd rather have him than Fed, simply because if Roger is in good enough form to beat Nadal then he's playing like he was last year or 2009

Nadal's a fairly known quantity. Remember, the most worrying thing about Andy's 2011 defeat was that he blew his chances, big style  - he wasn't blasted off the court in the same way Roger did to him at 08' US Open or Novak at the 2011 Aus.

Given Murray's improvements since (which included beating Rafa last time they meant) it's  not a match to fear

Novak, gliding through to the final is what worries me and it should too for all other fans
What are Murray's perceived improvements?

His still average forehand? Please. 

Nadal's got Murray beat even before they get on court.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:20 pm

No doubt that Novak got an easier draw but that being said, Berdych is a very tricky quarter final. Berdych has beaten both Federer and Novak at Wimbledon before so that is a very tough draw. I would consider Murray's the easiest up until the Quarters and then of course it gets a lot tougher.

Would be strange seeing Nadal vs Federer at Wimbledon again, seems like forever ago since................."that match". I would not expect similar fireworks this time around, Definitely federer's best remaining chance to beat nadal at a slam, if he were to lose to him again, would be a huge knock to his confidence

I still think Nadal is the man to beat but if Novak meets him in the final, that would be 50/50............way too close to call. A lot of tennis between now and then. I also expect a lot from Murray, should he reach the final beating either Federer or Nadal, i reckon he might just ride the wave and win

Come on Novak!

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

At virtually 32 and having to beat Nadal, Murray and Djokovic in 5 days to win this, Federer has just about no chance.

That said, I prefer it this way. If he loses then so what, he's in the twilight stage anyway. If he wins it, then they may as well make it illegal to have any further GOAT discussions.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:35 pm

slashermcguirk wrote:No doubt that Novak got an easier draw but that being said, Berdych is a very tricky quarter final. Berdych has beaten both Federer and Novak at Wimbledon before so that is a very tough draw.
True but the 13-2 h2h suggests it is the match up Novak finds most comfortable out of seeds 5-8. I do rate Berdych though, so I'm not dismissing the threat.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm

Nightmare draw from a Federer fan's perspective. Not because he cannot get the job done when he is hot but because he is totally out of form. Its a shame 3 of the 4 are in one section which will leave every other day lacking a bit of excitement.

Organisers are going to have a tough time deciding who get CC as you got a Brit, defending champ and an overall crowd favourite in Nadal.

I think we are looking at a Nadal/Murray SF with Nadal progressing and a Djoko/Hass or JMDP. Nadal to win this one I think...

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

bogbrush wrote:That said, I prefer it this way. If he loses then so what, he's in the twilight stage anyway. If he wins it, then they may as well make it illegal to have any further GOAT discussions.
One can only speculate at the vigour with which you'd create a thread dismissing the notion of the 'Golden Era'...Wink

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:40 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:

bogbrush wrote:That said, I prefer it this way. If he loses then so what, he's in the twilight stage anyway. If he wins it, then they may as well make it illegal to have any further GOAT discussions.

One can only speculate at the vigour with which you'd create a thread dismissing the notion of the 'Golden Era'...Wink

Old news, Wimbledon 2012 saw that myth conclusively eradicated. Cool
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

The only person who could cause Murray any danger in his 8th is Tipsarevic. Although he's out of form at the moment, he's beaten Murray the last two times they've played I think.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:52 pm

The Special Juan wrote:The only person who could cause Murray any danger in his 8th is Tipsarevic.  Although he's out of form at the moment, he's beaten Murray the last two times they've played I think.

Murray won the last two including Queens 2011 and holds a 5-3 h2h lead OK

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:53 pm

I'd have hoped for a better draw for Federer however, given Nadal's seeding, he was going to have to play one of the current top 4. I'd prefer if it had been a semi but despite my fear of Fed losing to Nadal in another grand slam, I just hope that this being on grass, Fed can make it 5 sets and maybe even cause an upset and beat Nadal because Rafa has been the man to beat since his return. I still remember in 2011 until the French Open when everyone had dismissed Fed and Djoko was the one on hot form and Fed dealt with him in majestic way. Fed seems to be in a similar crossroads as back then -of course he beat Djokovic but ended up with no slams that year, so despite it being a great win, it didn't yield much. So beating Rafa may not mean much if he can't deal with Murray or Djokovic. But I am fairly confident that if he can beat Rafa, he's a strong contender to beat Murray and Djokovic. Frankly, he needs to produce a good set of results because otherwise he's going to lose a great deal of points.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:57 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:The only person who could cause Murray any danger in his 8th is Tipsarevic.  Although he's out of form at the moment, he's beaten Murray the last two times they've played I think.

Murray won the last two including Queens 2011 and holds a 5-3 h2h lead OK

Really? I remember him beating Murray not that long ago in a tournament.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:59 pm

Fairly easy one to assess. Nightmare for Roger. Beating his 3 main rivals in a row will be a hell of a challenge. Tough for Rafa for the same reasons, but his stamina levels are so high that he could do it. 

Ok for Murray. I'm pretty pleased about Tsonga as Murray's record against him is very good, would have preferred Ferrer to Rafa of course in the semi, but at least he faces the challenge of beating 2 greats instead of 3. 

Absolute dream for Novak! He is nailed on to reach the final now and I would make him my new favourite because of the draw. Only Berdy is a slight worry, and even then Novak has a huge H2H advantage over him.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

TSJ

Dubai in 2010 was his last win according to this

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=T742&oId=MC10

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:03 pm

carrieg4 wrote:TSJ

Thanks OK . I don't doubt that at all but.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Mubadala_World_Tennis_Championship_%E2%80%93_Singles

Is this an exhibition tournament?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:TSJ

Thanks OK.  I don't doubt that at all but.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Mubadala_World_Tennis_Championship_%E2%80%93_Singles

Is this an exhibition tournament?

I'd forgotten about that. I'm pretty sure it is an exhibition but not certain.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:35 pm

The other possible banana skin for Novak is Tommy Haas. Haas is a tricky opponent on grass, he really mixes it up on both sides using a lot of slice. I would consider responding to the low slice on grass a possible weakness for Novak. If they meet in the early rounds, Djokovic will need to be switched on from the start, that match could easily go to 4 or 5 sets if Haas brings his A game. I would expect Novak to win but definitely a tricky one.

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next