The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

+21
sirfredperry
Danny_1982
luciusmann
carrieg4
FedsFan
slashermcguirk
Gerry SA
erictheblueuk
Silver
lags72
HM Murdock
Dave.
bradman99.94
purplerain
The Special Juan
CaledonianCraig
time please
bogbrush
lydian
banbrotam
laverfan
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? - Page 2 Empty Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by laverfan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:27 am

First topic message reminder :

I know it is at 10am based on this (in about 6.5 hours) - http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2013-06-20/201306201371748929795.html

This mentions Wimbledon Radio only, but is there a video stream of the draw, like the USO?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

Obviously, a dream draw for Djokovic. He could not have asked for a better chance to reach the final at Wimbledon again.

For Andy Murray it is a decent draw with no major terrors until the semis in my opinion.

Roger Federer definitely has drawn the short straw this time around. This would have been a tough enough draw for him say two years ago but now it is way beyond tough.

Rafael Nadal will probably feel that if he gets to the Quarters in one piece he will start to fancy his chances. He'd now be hopeful of having too much in the tank for Roger, his past record over Murray will fill him with confidence and then potentially Novak awaits as fresh as a daisy but he will feel buoyed by his win over Novak at RG.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Draw Ceremony Live Stream?

Post by slashermcguirk Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

I also think Murray has a cakewalk draw to the semis. He has proven to be a very bad matchup for Tsonga over the years. I find Tsonga so frustrating, he throws in the occasional great performace that we all expect from him but cannot seem to sustain it. He never seems to have a Plan B when things are not working for him. Murray retrieves his shots too well and consistently and Tsonga cannot compete with him when the rallies are extended. He inevitably goes for too much and makes errors.

Nadal vs Murray could be a great match if Murray produces his best, I just feel that mentally, Nadal might get to Murray. Their H2H is quite lobsided in Nadal's favour, surprisingly so on grass too.

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm

Gerry SA wrote:

What are Murray's perceived improvements?

His still average forehand? Please. 

Nadal's got Murray beat even before they get on court.

Like he did when Murray 'bageled' him, the last time they met? Rolling Eyes

If you can't see that Murray has improved since the US Open 2011, which started with actually working with Darren Cahill and reaped immediate dividends, then you're obviously not watching correctly

The 'average' forehand - is a more potent weapon than it was before. Fact. This means he's improved

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

Just seen there are 10 qualifiers in the top half of the men's draw and only six in the bottom half. Bit weird, no?
Also, just checked last year and it was nine in the top and seven in the bottom. Would have thought it ought to be an equal number in each half. But, hey, they've got three of the "real" top four seeds in the bottom half and only one in the top half Very Happy

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:11 pm

Are they balanced out by WCs?  Otherwise, yes - weird!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:13 pm

Luck of the draw I guess. Not a big deal statistically.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:14 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

If you can't see that Murray has improved since the US Open 2011, which started with actually working with Darren Cahill and reaped immediate dividends, then you're obviously not watching correctly

The 'average' forehand - is a more potent weapon than it was before. Fact. This means he's improved

If it gets that far it'll be a great match, hope it happens
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:22 pm

The 32 seeds are placed and then the following 96 players are just picked out at hat. For instance almost the entire Argentinian contingent are in the same quarter.

The draw didn't let us down as it gives us Wang Odesnik.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:27 pm

ryan86 wrote:The 32 seeds are placed and then the following 96 players are just picked out at hat. For instance almost the entire Argentinian contingent are in the same quarter.

The draw didn't let us down as it gives us Wang Odesnik.

Well spotted, I noticed he was playing Odesnik but didn't think to link his first name into it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:14 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

When did the majors become a best of 3 sets affair?

Last meeting in Tokyo is relevant. 

3 slam meetings in 2011, yep you guessed it Nadal won all 3. Most telling he beat Murray on grass and hard court.  

In rational terms it could be considered Nadal's backhand vs Murray's forehand. 

Nadal's backhand is a great weapon.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Last meeting in Tokyo is relevant

Glad you agree Whistle

What is more relevant is where Murray has improved in his game since to subsequently go on to the great heights of last summer

Sorry I forgot!! He only got F, W, W in the summers big three events, because Rafa wasn't there picard

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 21 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

banbrotam wrote:

Glad you agree Whistle

What is more relevant is where Murray has improved in his game since to subsequently go on to the great heights of last summer

Sorry I forgot!! He only got F, W, W in the summers big three events, because Rafa wasn't there picard
Does the fact Murray has never beaten more than one of Federer/Nadal/Djokovic at the same major ring any bells?

Olympics was best of 3 until the final, so don't try using that as an answer. 

New York he beat Djokovic only, just. If he has to face Nadal/Federer and Djokovic, stats prove Murray isn't capable of beating more than 1 of the 3 elite players of this era.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Jun 2013, 6:22 pm

Stats proved Nadal couldn't beat Federer on grass. Until he did.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 21 Jun 2013, 6:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Stats proved Nadal couldn't beat Federer on grass. Until he did.
Stats prove Del Potro's US Open win was better than Murray's 

So what?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 6:59 pm

Stats can be used to "prove" anything you want them to, especially if you ignore inconvenient variables, but are ultimately meaningless. What will be will be. It should be a great match if they both get there.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Ah I see Mardy Fish didn't make it. He must be gutted.

I hope he makes it back one of these days, even if it's a little cameo like IW was this year.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Ah I see Mardy Fish didn't make it.  He must be gutted.

I hope he makes it back one of these days, even if it's a little cameo like IW was this year.

Sad news TSJ. Would like to see him back again. Soderling too.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

If Robin-Jenni had a baby, will Mardy-Stacy be far behind? chin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:40 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

Glad you agree Whistle

Does the fact Murray has never beaten more than one of Federer/Nadal/Djokovic at the same major ring any bells?

Olympics was best of 3 until the final, so don't try using that as an answer. 

New York he beat Djokovic only, just. If he has to face Nadal/Federer and Djokovic, stats prove Murray isn't capable of beating more than 1 of the 3 elite players of this era.

I see so his one major isn't a proper one Rolling Eyes

Has any of them ever beaten the other three to win a major?

Are you telling us that just because Murray hasn't beaten Nadal and Djoko together at a major, that he never will?

Does this mean that Tsonga and Cilic will 'never' beat Murray?

What did you have to say about Del Potro actually beating Murray and booking his 1/5 trend? It must have been a nightmare for your idealistic projections laughing

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

Lets all keep our heads about us. Good odds on Verdasco taking the whole thing. Do you dare?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Stats proved Nadal couldn't beat Federer on grass. Until he did.
Stats prove Del Potro's US Open win was better than Murray's 

So what?

'Prove', 'better' - no, that's just opinion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2