The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shawn michaels backstage antics?

+10
Brady12
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
theanimal316
Holymiky
sodhat
jomosactingcoach
AberdeenSteve
JamesLincs
Korankye88
14 posters

Go down

shawn michaels backstage antics? Empty shawn michaels backstage antics?

Post by Korankye88 Mon 9 May - 16:46

does anyone have in depth info on hbk's backstage antics at its best, I know all about the kliq stuff but not much about hbk himself. Loving this site btw!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yahoo
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

shawn michaels backstage antics? Empty Re: shawn michaels backstage antics?

Post by JamesLincs Mon 9 May - 18:41

sorry, i dont have an answer to your question. but this place does seem to be going pretty strong. which is great, and there are far more topics than there were on 606

how many members are currently aboad?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 May - 19:20

1) He refused to job to the British Bulldog even though Vince told him to in the European title finals, after BB dedicated the match to his dying sister

2) Told Vince he's not "Doing no more jobs in the territory" (The USA)

3) Refused to give Bret his win back at WM 13 so he forfiet the title and made up "I lost my smile" nonsense

4) Was a jerk to The Rock, and tried to ruin his career so HHH could take his spot when they both came up in 1997

5) Refused to job to Steve Austin THE NIGHT of WM 14, until the Undertaker threatened him that if he didn't job in the ring, he was gonna get messed up badly.

6) Said he was gonna show up on Nitro with the World Title, after he got into a altercation with Bret Hart backstage

7) Was in cohoots with Vince to screw Bret Hart at Survivor Series 1997

8) The pulled strings (The KLIQ) to get Bret Hart out of mainevents in his 1995 title reigns

9) One of the Kliq members took a dump in Sunny's food, and when Candido said he was gonna mess Shawn Michaels up, Shawn said if he touched him, when they got back to the states he'd have Vince make them job the Body Donnas of the tag team titles, and HE DID.

1) Him and Marty Jannetty were shooting an anti-drug commercial for the WWF. They found out that the Road Warriors were getting paid more then them. Shawn got mad and told Jannetty to tell Vince "If you don't pay us more, we're leaving for NWA" when Jannetty told Vince, Vince said "Okay, good luck" and was about to release them, when Vince confronted Shawn about the situation, Shawn said "It was all Jannnetty's idea" and begged for his job back. (I think he even mentions this in his book, not sure)

2) Refused to job the World title to Vader at SummerSlam, and said he would not show up. And threw a tamper-tantrum in the ring

3) Said he's not going to feud with Owen Hart in the beggining of 1998 (When Owen was the second most over face in the company) because he didn't like him

4) Had Shane Douglas de-pushed cause he didn't get along with the KLIQ, and pretty much had him fired

5) Broke kayfabe the infamous night in MSG, when the whole KLIQ embraced (no cena) in the ring and made Triple H take the punishment for it.

Last edited by King Beer on Tue 10 May - 9:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 9 May - 19:26

Ok, I knew that Shawn had a lot of backstage goings on but I had no idea he did that much. The man is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest performer to grace the WWE ring but I have a little less respect for the man after reading that. Cheers Beer! thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 May - 19:28

There are loads more somewhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by jomosactingcoach Mon 9 May - 19:32

Wow how come people rate him so highly if he behaved like that????? Shocked

PS i'm new but this looks like an awesome site.
jomosactingcoach
jomosactingcoach

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 9 May - 19:40

It is fascinating to read about the backstage politicking of wrestling, and I would recommend Bret Hart's book to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

Funny that if indeed he were a dick to the Rock, the Rock has said before that the one man he wishes he faced was HBK. I guess no matter how much of an idiot he is outside of the ring, he has everyone's attention and respect within it.

One of the more recent instances that could be mentioned is his overselling of Hogan at Summerslam. Though in this instance, it could be saliently argued that Hogan was the prima donna.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 9 May - 19:44

I got told that HBK was bad obviously as KB has stated at that stage but he didn't do much else after that? I could be wrong, would be interesting to see when his antics ended.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Mon 9 May - 20:01

Reading these things makes me like HBK even less than I did before. I respect how good he is but man was he unprofessional. I am 100% on Bret's side that he had the right to refuse to lose to Shawn in montreal.

Welcome to the board by the way! Things are lively on here.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 9 May - 20:36

HBK like a lot of sport celebrities believed in his own hype a little too much back in the day and had an ego; but 1. He was one of the best in the business and 2. He changed after becoming a Christian. I would say don't judge HBK now for what he did in the past.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 9 May - 21:04

While many of the things KB listed are true many of them are contentious, from what I've learnt and indeed read Shawn never once refused to put Austin over at WM14, he and Austin got on well and HBK knew he was calling it a day after Mania, the whole Taker thing happened when Micheals found out of an agent that he was going to take a punch from Tyson, they sprung that on him and thats when he burst into Vinces office, Taker was in the middle of a private meeting and thats why he got angry and told Micheals to get out before he put him out, Micheals could and should have called it a day after the Rumble he worked Mania to put Austin over

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 9 May - 21:06

Micheals also didn't like working with Vader because he felt he was to stiff but I don't believe the plan was ever to put the belt on him at SummerSlam 96

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 9 May - 21:34

Master politican in his day but it's worth noting that since his return in 2002 (& discovering Christian faith) such incidents have been few & far between....

My only criticsm of Michaels post 2002 is that he should of turned for longer than his 1 month heel run vs Hogan. In 97 his heel act as leader of DX was the best I've ever seen & that's coming from a massive Bret Hart fan.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 10 May - 8:50

sodhat wrote:Funny that if indeed he were a dick to the Rock, the Rock has said before that the one man he wishes he faced was HBK. I guess no matter how much of an idiot he is outside of the ring, he has everyone's attention and respect within it.

I don't know when Rock said that but I know for a long time Rock had no interest in working a match with Michaels. He may have changed his mind in recent years though.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May - 9:02

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
sodhat wrote:Funny that if indeed he were a dick to the Rock, the Rock has said before that the one man he wishes he faced was HBK. I guess no matter how much of an idiot he is outside of the ring, he has everyone's attention and respect within it.

I don't know when Rock said that but I know for a long time Rock had no interest in working a match with Michaels. He may have changed his mind in recent years though.

HBK was disrespectful about Rock's Grandmother and Rock held it against him for most of his career but he did indeed nod to HBK and say he would've loved to work with him and i think it was Rey Mysterio.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 10 May - 10:14

HBK was a tool back in the day. But he does seem to have changed his ways since coming back

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 10 May - 13:32

it was scott hall that took a dump in sunny's lunch, he also shat in her handbag i believe..............................................classy

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 11 May - 10:11

He had a few 'HBK' moments after his 2002 comeback as well though;

He had a major hissy fit when his 'dream match' with Ric Flair at Badd Blood 2003 wasn't allocated more time.

And he moaned to anybody who'd listen (along with Kevin Nash) that Goldberg had refused to replace Triple H on a tour of Australia, when in fact Goldberg had offered to fly out, but couldn't get a visa in time.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down