The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin vs Macklin

+24
All Time Great
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
ONETWOFOREVER
6oldenbhoy
TheMackemMawler
Mr Bounce
Seanusarrilius
Gerry SA
jimdig
eddyfightfan
ShahenshahG
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
KingMonkey
Valero's Conscience
milkyboy
davidemore
Rowley
Diamond in the rough
Boxtthis
mobilemaster8
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golovkin vs Macklin - Page 2 Empty Golovkin vs Macklin

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 8:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Anybody excited about this fight? think its being shown on Sky Sports 1 this saturday night.

im a huge fan of Golovkin and believe this is his hardest test to date.

brilliant amateur background and has so far blown threw everyone, including Ishida who had never previously been stopped.

macklin is a come forward fighter but i seriously feel this is Golovkins ticket into the big time.

Golovkin by brutality no later than 8.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Golovkin vs Macklin - Page 2 Empty Re: Golovkin vs Macklin

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:01 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:I think the best fights now for GGG will be at SMW nothing left a MW imagine Golovkin v Froch or Golovkin v Ward wow tastey!

Why??? I mean..He's only just arrived at 160 there is no rush...............Wouldn't rule out Floyd/Canelo........obviously he'd needs to come in lighter for Floyd but there are fights out there while he cashes in...........He's still learning...

Martinez and other unification...........at 160.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:I think the best fights now for GGG will be at SMW nothing left a MW imagine Golovkin v Froch or Golovkin v Ward wow tastey!

Why???  I mean..He's only just arrived at 160 there is no rush...............Wouldn't rule out Floyd/Canelo........obviously he'd needs to come in lighter for Floyd but there are fights out there while he cashes in...........He's still learning...

Well who is left at MW? Quillin will not go near him and Geale said he will be back for his old belt but I dont think he is in any hurry to do so and its obvious that the Martinez fight is out the window
Yes the winner of Canelo/Floyd is a possibility and a good one if it came off , I just think the bigger fights at the minute are at SMW.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm

No way either Floyd or Canelo fights Golovkin unless Golovkin looks awful at the weight and has no power

Golovkin is like a middleweight version of what Canelo is trying to be, a smart pressure fighter who is much more than a brawler with a big punch

Floyd has made Canelo go to 152 as he's wary of his size and power so you can only imagine that he'd force GGG to go even lower as he's bigger and has more power than canelo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:25 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Why???  I mean..He's only just arrived at 160 there is no rush...............Wouldn't rule out Floyd/Canelo........obviously he'd needs to come in lighter for Floyd but there are fights out there while he cashes in...........He's still learning...

Well who is left at MW?  Quillin will not go near him and Geale said he will be back for his old belt but I dont think he is in any hurry to do so and its obvious that the Martinez fight is out the window
Yes the winner of Canelo/Floyd  is  a possibility  and a good one  if it came off , I just think the bigger fights at the minute are at SMW.

Whu doesn't like Floyd.....

Blunky he's only just arrived at middle...really doesn't want to be mixing it with bonafide 168ers until he gets more experience......Oscar was a huge 130 pounder and increments are smaller at the lower weights.........This kid has just moved up.........Has all the time in the world.........

Clean up 160............I actually fancy Barker to beat Geale..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

I labeled the criticism at both

Do you honestly believe Floyd would fight GGG

Marinez called him out for years and Floyd never entertained the idea as he was too big. You think Floyd would fight GGG over a Garcia, Khan, Alexander etc who will make him the same money

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm

Why criticise Canelo ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Well who is left at MW?  Quillin will not go near him and Geale said he will be back for his old belt but I dont think he is in any hurry to do so and its obvious that the Martinez fight is out the window
Yes the winner of Canelo/Floyd  is  a possibility  and a good one  if it came off , I just think the bigger fights at the minute are at SMW.

Whu doesn't like Floyd.....

Blunky he's only just arrived at middle...really doesn't want to be mixing it with bonafide 168ers until he gets more experience......Oscar was a huge 130 pounder and increments are smaller at the lower weights.........This kid has just moved up.........Has all the time in the world.........

Clean up 160............I actually fancy Barker to beat Geale..

I know what you're saying mate OK  but he turned pro late and is after the big fights (like everyone) he is a bit desperate but has also stated that he is willing to fight anyone from LMW to SMW him and  Abel Sanchez are so confident in his abilities he wants the names on his record but he is an avoided fighter.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 1:47 pm

Top fighters will only fight him when he raises his profile.....They'll want good money.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 30 Jun 2013, 2:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Top fighters will only fight him when he raises his profile.....They'll want good money.

Can't blame them. The man is a beast

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sun 30 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm not looking fwd to mayweather beating alverez and being called a ducker for not fighting golovkin! Golovkin looks a beast but for those saying he beats Martinez he might but he isn't a walk over if they fight! Martinez has some power and is very fast by no means a walkover even though he hasn't looked good for a while I would still put my money on him winning by UD

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sun 30 Jun 2013, 2:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Top fighters will only fight him when he raises his profile.....They'll want good money.

He's in a similar predicament as mattysse is just now

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

Massive props to Golovkin, as good as he is, he was still a sportsman. When their legs tangled he took a step back and didn't take advantage.

He went up again in my estimation (I already rated him highly) both in his skills and personality.

A fantastic performance all round, I am a huge fan of Sergio, but I hope he stays well clear of Golovkin because that would be a career ending fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 3:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why criticise Canelo ??

Because Canelo wouldn't fight Golovkin despite the fact Golovkin could make 154. You still avoided the question, would Floyd fight Golovkin? No he wouldn't, so why mention him

Golovkin could wait around for the middleweights for his profile to grow, but that may take a while and currently there are some big name say 168 who are looking for an opponent so that's his most likely avenue. Hearn has already said a fight between GGG and Froch can happen and that is a winnable fight for Gennady

HBO seem excited by him though and have said they want to get him out regularly. He has already had 3 fights so far this year and last night he took no punishment so will be out again soon no doubt

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sun 30 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why criticise Canelo ??

Because Canelo wouldn't fight Golovkin despite the fact Golovkin could make 154. You still avoided the question, would Floyd fight Golovkin? No he wouldn't, so why mention him

Golovkin could wait around for the middleweights for his profile to grow, but that may take a while and currently there are some big name say 168 who are looking for an opponent so that's his most likely avenue. Hearn has already said a fight between GGG and Froch can happen and that is a winnable fight for Gennady

HBO seem excited by him though and have said they want to get him out regularly. He has already had 3 fights so far this year and last night he took no punishment so will be out again soon no doubt

If golovkin wants canelo or alverez that badly he should make himself there mandatory like Guerrero did! The fact he only got paid 350k for last nights fight he's not really worth it just now fighting him massive risk ridiculously low reward! Also macklin being prob the best fighter he's fought doesn't makes sense! He needs to move down in weight or try get Martinez or jcc to build his popularity up

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 4:30 pm

That's what I'm talking about

Too big a risk for too little a reward, hence why it won't happen

He needs to build his popularity up before he fights JCC or Martinez too as they won't fight him unless its forced upon them by the fans or the purse is big enough

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 30 Jun 2013, 5:44 pm

The good thing for the lower tier in middleweight is that they'll probably all get their chance to get knocked out by GGG cause the top tier will be making sure they are other wise engaged. Martinez is out, Chavez will move up. Canelo will prob move up after mayweather, but would prob make geale/barker his target before, so rule out canelo meeting him in 2015.

Murray could probably get his chance if he was inclined. His high guard might make him a little more durable than Macklin.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 5:57 pm

Murray would be the most obvious one

He went to Argentina to fight martinez which takes some guts and almost went to Texas to fight Chavez Jr and again in Mexico City for his return fight

Unless he gets the Barker-Geale winner I can see him trying his arm

I dont think his high guard will be much use against GGG. As macklin said he has thudding power and would still hurt Murray even if the shots are partially blocked and will break Murray down over the rounds. He is also a little open to body shots when cupping his hands

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:00 pm

Ward is too big and cute at the moment..Who's to say Goloty carries his power to 168 noone unless he decides to have a holiday in Manila......

Martinez is still the man at 160...

People have to be realistic.........Golovkin v Ward isn't a big fight now but could be huge in two years time.......

He looks the business but it was Macklin he beat..and like Rees he was coming off a slap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:18 pm

But how big can it get with Ward struggling to find opponents and Golovkin in a position where he is perhaps to dangerous for the other champions

Lopez-Gamboa was built for too long and that fell apart so I hope we dont see something like that happen again

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm

What do you mean how big can it get...Golovkin isn't a name yet...That's why last night was a pretty small show....

Chavez was a King undercard fighter at the same stage.........

Needs to up his profile and cleaning up 160 will do that..By then Ward will probably be p4p number 1...........

Ward - Golotkin isn't a superfight..........Add a couple of belts and Martinez..........

Bang there you go..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 6:59 pm

Chavez vs GGG would be a great fight, would love to see that!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:19 pm

GGG vs Stevonson at super middle, I wanna see that.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2