The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could change just one result- What would it be ??

+26
hogey
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
88Chris05
compelling and rich
Steffan
Strongback
milkyboy
spencerclarke
Mr Bounce
horizontalhero
Nico the gman
Eyetoldyouso
mobilemaster8
huw
BlakkMamba
J.Benson II
bhb001
DoubleD22
Union Cane
seanmichaels
kingraf
Valero's Conscience
rob-glos
Rowley
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you could change just one result- What would it be ?? Empty If you could change just one result- What would it be ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Mine would be..........Turning round Holmes robbery against Spinks in the 2nd fight and see how history changed..........

My guess is Holmes would stay in the HBO unification series (ego was too big!!)..........Would lose to Tyson in 87..........Douglas happens sooner ( after all Holmes and Spinks 88 and 89 fights need filling!!!) maybe in America and he probably quits like he did against Tucker as the logistics are different......Tyson - Holy happens in 90...........with for me Tyson winning.........

Whether Washington happens or not remains to be seen........

However just that result changes everything...........

Runner up - Curry - Honey...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

If you could change just one result- What would it be ?? Empty Re: If you could change just one result- What would it be ??

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Naz against Barrera.

We were robbed of some stunning bouts by that one - imagine Naz v Morales for a start? The humdinger that never was. Naz Marquez. Naz Pacquiao. It could have proved even more of a golden era.

The most annoying thing is that victory was within Naz's grasp, too. Application was sadly lacking around that time of his career. It was never a question of talent.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

If you could change just one result- What would it be ?? Empty Re: If you could change just one result- What would it be ??

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Good article by the way Trussy, very interesting.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere...........

Interesting to see where Naz goes If he beats Barrera..........maybe Morales.........

Funny thing is Naz couldn't win........He loses to Barrera he's over rated.......If he'd won Marco was on the slide..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Like Fists would have to be Naz Barrera for me solely because I was a huge Naz fan and I cannot remember a result that upset me so much. However think the result would not have made that much difference to his career. By that point Naz had surrounded himself with yes men and was playing at the game and his training. A win in that would have just reinforced his misguided belief he could get away with not putting the graft in and sooner or later someone proving him wrong was an inevitability.

From a more practical point of view suspect Lewis not getting splattered by McCall may have been a good one. Not impossible without this the fights with Bowe and Tyson could have materialized, which would have been good at the time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Brentford losing to Yeovil in the play off final.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I think Morales would have been the natural progression. Erik would have wanted to get one over on Naz to prove a point to Marco too, you'd have thought.

Rowley's correct though...at that stage Naz would simply have relaxed even more and furthered his obsession with his own power. There were some classy operators around at the time and you can be sure that one of them would have shown otherwise.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Castillo getting the nod against Mayweather first time out.

Then there would have been the possibility of Floyd fighting far more regularly in better fights as he wouldn't have been cautious about his '0'.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Spot on, Valero.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Ali-Norton III. Norton won II, but Forman cooked him last time out, so it wouldnt change anything. But if he got III, like he deserved, then he would have been remembered better.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Ernie Shavers probably becomes heavyweight champion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Nunn v Toney for me. Nunn well ahead on points until the 10th when he got sloppy and sparked. If Nunn had have won that fight I think he was due to fight Eubank.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Klitschko Chisora.

Imagine that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Leonard V Duran 2,

Duran being one of my favourite fighters it pained me to hear the 'No Mas'

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Norton still won the lot of those fights.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Duran then gets creamed off Hearns three years earlier..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm

The big one would be Burns landing a hayemaker on Johnson............

Perhaps Rowley's boys Burley and Langford become top 5 alltimers.........As Johnson makes blacks challenging for the heavy title semi-acceptable as he lost

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:38 pm

I disagree with Norton winning all three.........He blew the last one......which was close..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:Klitschko Chisora.

Imagine that.

To extrapolate that a little...

The Munich brawl becomes irrelevant, Haye stays retired.

The slave contract that Chisora signed means he must face Wlad, who goes on to become undisputed champion.

Wlad (being not very good and reliant purely on his size) is beaten by Fury.

Tyson Fury, the undefeated, undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Burns is an interesting one Truss. Had he done Johnson one has to imagine Langford would have got an opportunity somewhere between 1908 and 1912 when he was on an absolute tear. All the reports suggest Sam was a likeable guy without any of Jack’s abilities to ruffle feathers outside the ring. Suspect he would beat any of the white fighters who could have held the title during that period. Have to suspect the door would not have been shut on a lot of black fighters for so long.

As you have alluded to the picture could have been so different. Wills would surely have got his chance potentially before Dempsey, who knows if Dempsey even wins the title because him beating Wills at his best is far from a given.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Imagine..........Burns vs Ketchel ........wow what a matchup!!!!!!!

Langford v Dempsey probably happens after all too Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Imagine that.

The slave contract that Chisora signed means he must face Wlad, who goes on to become undisputed champion.

But we know he will become master of the world anyway. So this is surely just timing

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Imagine that.

Fury then gets beat by Harrison.

Audley - WBO, IBF, IBO, WBC, WBA and Ring Magazine Champion of the World.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Mrs Fury - looks at her pregnacy test, it says NEGATIVE and the world spins on it's axis a little smoother.

Lewis/Holyfield I - Lewis gets thought of a little better by folk not having to go through the rematch

Froch/Dirrel - see how cocky Froch is then.

Holyfield/Valuev

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Joe Calzaghe - Robin Reid.

I think that early setback for calzaghe and the win for Reid would have driven both men onto greater things.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:35 am

Johnny Owen vs Lupe Pintor - After his death it seems that it was just a matter of time before the inevitable happened (thin skull) but it would have been great for him to have won the title before it happened.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:37 am

Mine would be Benn vs McLennan from a moral point of view. Just wish the fight had maybe been stopped earlier or maybe just fought on a different time. May have found the problem that led to his unfortunate paralysis.........

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:37 am

Errrrr to be fair BlackMamba, Calzaghe did actually go on to HUGE great things irrespective of a decision turn....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Mine would be Benn vs McLennan from a moral point of view. Just wish the fight had maybe been stopped earlier or maybe just fought on a different time. May have found the problem that led to his unfortunate paralysis.........

You mean Benn v Gerald McMilliband?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 am

Wouldn't change Benn-Mclellan because I'd feel guilty I'd saved him when others like Paul ingle have to suffer..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 am

FFS

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 am

Why FFs..........Why should a s*****g like Mclellan be saved and not Ingle ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

Gerald McClellan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:57 am

In a pedantic mood or something..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:00 am

No. I'm actually having a chuckle. There was once a thread on the old 606 where his name was spelt in about 30 different ways. I don't get why his name in particular is so difficult to grasp?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:44 am

Duran disqualified for low blow & multiple infringements against Buchanan.

Ken's future a lot rosier than it turned out.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 am

Stay of execution perhaps.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 am

Barry McGuigan v Steve Cruz, felt everything went wrong for McGuigan before he climbed into the ring, wanted to pull out and was persuaded by Barney Eastwood to take the fight in 140 degree heat when not 100% fit. McGuigan deserved better.
Was a McGuigan fan, always felt he gave his all in the wrong and value for money.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 am

Ha! Sorry Sean only just noticed. Predictive text is the answer although being as pedantic as you are that excuse simply wont wash....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:17 am

Cruz-Barry is a good one..........Nelson would have picked that one !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:42 am

Any of Herol Graham's world title fights .

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 am

horizontalhero wrote:Any of Herol Graham's world title fights .
Yep that would be one of mine, replay the last round against Jackson and tell Bomber just to keep boxing as he did in the previous and not leave himself open.Bomber have played with the middleweights around today.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 am

Corrie Sanders vs Wlad. Little Klitschko was allegedly being lined up to fight Lennox Lewis after disposing of Sanders and that would have been rather interesting. Shame Lewis allegedly advised Sanders exactly what he needed to do to win Whistle 

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:23 am

Cotto v marg I surely.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:No. I'm actually having a chuckle. There was once a thread on the old 606 where his name was spelt in about 30 different ways. I don't get why his name in particular is so difficult to grasp?

Apparently, he only called himself g-man, because he couldn't spell McClellan himself.

Nor Gerald, most probably

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

Belcastro beats Naseem for Naz putting on the most distasteful ar$ehole display I have ever seen, makes it worse as it was against a vastly inferior opponent.

I would have liked to have seen Naz in with Morales, Hamed would have got schooled again because he was never in that league.  Pacquiao would have torn him apart and Marquez would have picked him apart for fun.

This one of my Top 5 Youtube videos.  I wish I could say I made it myself but I didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUs7r1nFo4

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Poor old Naz.........If he was Irish it would have been tasteful and Morales would be schooled..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Yawn......

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm

You peed all over a tribute thread..Don't p**s on this one..You loser.

Stick to haye hating.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You peed all over a tribute thread..Don't p**s on this one..You loser.

Stick to haye hating.

You sound hot and bothered.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next