The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective

+30
Nakatomi Plaza
compelling and rich
Shot 21 LCFC
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Marky
Bull
bhb001
bellchees
Mat
VDT
Hero
Union Cane
Kenny
The Special Juan
superflyweight
kingjohn7
The Womble
Fists of Fury
MIG
Roller_Coaster
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
Hulking_up
Rowley
Galted
Il Gialloblu
Dolphin Ziggler
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Top Detective/Crime Fighter in TV History

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 13 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 130

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Round One of the Inaugural TV Cup!

We have 27 (two latecomers who I felt too mean/tired to say no to!) entrants here in this rather oversized competition, which we will run with for the first two round at the very least unless people make an argument for change and elimination. People Power!

In this opening round I have asked for you to choose your favourite/the best Detectives or Crime Fighters in TV history. We've veered away from your comic books heroes, its about your Policeman, your Private Eye or even just an old man, woman or beast that loves to investigate crimes. 

From a**-kicking dudes to mice we have a fine array of fine servants of the law to choose from.

Someone will have to remind me how long these polls run for so I can remember when to put our second round up, but that second round will be on Children's Cartoons and there are some fine, fine selections.

PLEASE VOTE FOR TWO SELECTIONS

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective

Post by Marky Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Surprised no-one went for Doctor Who, who's clearly a detective...

He's clearly a doctor.

Marky

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round One: Crime Fighter/Detective

Post by Bull Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Bull's name is Bull, he's clearly not a bull though...Doctor Who is a detective. Every episode there's a mystery, he solves it. And he's a darn sight cleverer than Columbo + Gene Hunt + Frank Drebin put together Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Columbo for me. Appreciated by the whole family. Voted for my own as second before I read Rowley's comment, so sorry about that

Bet you Rowley is voting for his own after convincing everyone else not to vote for theirs.

How dare you. When I talk the talk I walk the walk. Ask anyone on the boxing boards about my heroic stance against boxnation.

Afraid you were 41 minutes too late to nip the rumour in the bud, it's now gained unstoppable momentum.

"Rowley" has already become widely used amongst the London working class for people you can't trust as in:
"'ere, that scoundrel just nicked some o' me humus"
"yeah, 'es a right fcukin' Rowley"

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:41 pm

mo1 Gene Parmesan - master of disguise

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

I havent voted for mine (Gene). I would vote Dexter as its my favourite programme (other than Arrested Development) on that list. But he never really solves the crime completely, he just kills people.

Has to be Gene Hunt and I think the way Jonathan Creek seemingly isnt really interested in what hes doing makes me want to vote for him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

Ive never seen Arrested Development

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

Bull wrote:Ive never seen Arrested Development
Get out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

No lol just does not look funny lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

Don't use L*L Bull, there really is no excuse for it. Arrested Development is in fact very funny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

Fairly academic exercise in the real world but as this is the internet I'm not surprised by some of the ridiculous picks here.

Taggart
Columbo
Sherlock Holmes

No other detective in the list comes close to these.

For me personally it's  'There’s just one more thing...'

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

Bull wrote:Ive never seen Arrested Development

Didn't they sing Mr Wendal?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

No Inspector Gadget either Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

As soon as  I saw Dangermouse on the list I wished I had gone Inspector Gadget!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 03 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

Where is Mark Sloan?!?!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Where is Mark Sloan?!?!

This.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 5:33 pm

Actually tougher than I expected, could have easily gone for a few of them

In the end went with Gene Hunt and Fox Mulder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:As soon as  I saw Dangermouse on the list I wished I had gone Inspector Gadget!

i thought that, but it did stipulate that they wouldn't be in a comic of which i though both of them would. oh and dick tracy

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:21 pm

I went for my second and third choices, Gene Hunt and John Luther. Plenty of quality involved. Slightly surprised no character from the Bill made the list, particularly DI Burnside.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:31 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:I went for my second and third choices, Gene Hunt and John Luther. Plenty of quality involved. Slightly surprised no character from the Bill made the list, particularly DI Burnside.

I kept away from nominating anyone from an ensemble show. Belcher from Hill Street Blues would have been a good choice otherwise.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Nakatomi Plaza wrote:I went for my second and third choices, Gene Hunt and John Luther. Plenty of quality involved. Slightly surprised no character from the Bill made the list, particularly DI Burnside.

I kept away from nominating anyone from an ensemble show. Belcher from Hill Street Blues would have been a good choice otherwise.

The lack of votes for Bunk from the wire is testament to the prudence of this policy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

I'd have voted for Jimmy McNulty over Bunk but as it is Bunk gets my vote alongside Colombo. Honourable mentions for Magnum PI and Jack Frost.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Strongback wrote:Fairly academic exercise in the real world but as this is the internet I'm not surprised by some of the ridiculous picks here.

Taggart
Columbo
Sherlock Holmes

No other detective in the list comes close to these.

For me personally it's  'There’s just one more thing...'

What about Gillian Anderson in the Fall. Was supposed to be my pick but was peed and went for spender. Nothing better than a fit detective. Helen mirren should have been on here

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

The person who picked Taggart also picked someone from Taggart as their second choice. Either completely their favourite programme or the only crime programme they have ever seen

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:43 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You need to choose
1. Best/Favourite TV Detective or Crime Fighter (but not a superhero or comic book hero)
Danger Mouse?

How Quincy isn't running away with this I'll never know - what a legend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3pd-dNN-0

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:55 am

Marky wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:Surprised no-one went for Doctor Who, who's clearly a detective...

He's clearly a doctor.

He's clearly THE Doctor

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:01 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:
Marky wrote:

He's clearly a doctor.

He's clearly THE Doctor

Does not do to assume. To the best of my knowledge neither Doctor Dre or Doctor Hook held either a PhD or a Medical degree. Fairly certain the same is true of Professor Green as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:05 am

Christ, just realised The Bunk is in there and that was my nomination if someone else had picked Columbo. I could lose this by a long way.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:12 am

Rowley wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:
Marky wrote:

He's clearly a doctor.

He's clearly THE Doctor

Does not do to assume. To the best of my knowledge neither Doctor Dre or Doctor Hook held either a PhD or a Medical degree. Fairly certain the same is true of Professor Green as well.

Such a cynic. I guess you're going to tell us Dr. Alban wasn't a gynaecologist as well?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Rowley wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:
Marky wrote:

He's clearly a doctor.

He's clearly THE Doctor

Does that mean Snoop Lion isn't a real lion?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

The Womble wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:
Marky wrote:

He's clearly a doctor.

He's clearly THE Doctor

Does that mean Snoop Lion isn't a real lion?
Snoop's a doggy dogg?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

Some great choices. Eventually went for the different approach of Jonathan Creek and Dexter
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:10 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:No Inspector Gadget either Shocked

He was my third choice
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

I've just discovered how to manipulate the font size.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

Galted wrote:I've just discovered how to manipulate the font size.

Me too

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Me too

Ha ha, very good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

It's like Brian Blessed is on the forum
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

barragan wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You need to choose
1. Best/Favourite TV Detective or Crime Fighter (but not a superhero or comic book hero)
Danger Mouse?

How Quincy isn't running away with this I'll never know - what a legend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3pd-dNN-0

I'm far too young to know if Danger Mouse was a comic, I've always known him as a cartoon. It was merely a way of stopping Superman and Batman etc

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:It's like Brian Blessed is on the forum

I'll stop.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Have you discovered the bit of the house rules that says using unnecessary fonts is against the house rules? I am allowed of course but I am special.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:34 pm

Rowley wrote:

Have you discovered the bit of the house rules that says using unnecessary fonts is against the house rules? I am allowed of course but I am special.

I haven't but the Brian Blessed accusation is enough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Don't speak ill of Brian Blessed, good Donny lad. To be honest am not sure it is even in the rules any more. I tend not to read them, like to make it up as I go along based on my mood.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Did someone mention The Fonz? Ayyyyyyyyy! OK 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

No votes. Not even one.

I am devastated.

Crushed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Not got many more myself Union. Have only got two, philistines we're dealing with.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

Thing is I thought I was on to a winner, picking to win votes rather than my approach to the music cup which was to pick what I like.

I guess I am a terrible judge of the tastes of people I've never met.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

I did not think mine would get too many votes as I was not sure many folk watched the show but just tried to vote for the one I thought was best. Suspect my cartoon will not fair much better but I never really watched cartoons so could only think of a couple.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

I've got 2 votes as well. I knew I should have gone with the Powers Boothe version of Marlowe.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

Wish I had two...

I thought I was being clever with my cartoon, but I now realise that I'm going to crash and burn again and I should have gone for the bleedin' obvious.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

Feel bad now Union, unlike the music rounds cannot work out who you nominated so easily and chuck you the odd sympathy vote.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next