The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

+25
Stella
Roller_Coaster
guildfordbat
seanmichaels
NickisBHAFC
bellchees
Fernando
LondonTiger
Trebs
Hulking_up
VDT
JuliusHMarx
The Womble
Bull
x12x
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
Nakatomi Plaza
Il Gialloblu
Galted
Adam D
Hero
MIG
Rowley
Dolphin Ziggler
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Best Children's Cartoon in TV History

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 124

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

A storming first round was taken by the clear winner Mr Gene Hunt of Life on Mars, giving Chequered Jersey an early lead. The round also saw Danger Mouse picking up enough votes to get 5 points, but Magnum PI leaving with 0. You should have worn an eye patch Tom.

This round is your favourite Children's Cartoon. This is what you stared at when you should have been outside playing. Now look at you, a generation of mutant freaks.

As ever, please choose two selections. 

The next round will be Best Thing on Television Today. The literal sense of today should be ignored, I of course mean a currently running series. Ie the series has to be either scheduled to appear or commissioned for another series (I will accept anything thats new series finished in the last eight months but havent declared whether they are continuing). The Sopranos has finished, Arrested Development isnt on TV, Friends repeats are just that. Things like Family Guy do count as there will definitely be more of them. This is not actually that confusing, but when you're sending me your choices please pick a second and possibly third choice so that I can ignore you when you make inevitable mistakes.

The scoring has been done in a fancy Eurovision style but obviously with a lot of joint second and third places etc skewing the usual scoreboard.

Chequered Jersey - 12
Adam D - 10
Nakatomi Plaza - 10 
VDT - 10
Marky - 10
xViperx - 5
Bull - 5
Hero - 5
NickisBHAFC - 5
Kenny - 1
Tino - 1
Sir Johnny English - 1

Congratulations to Seanmichaels and Union Cane on receiving no votes.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by bellchees Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:50 pm

The old marvel cartoons from the 90's should be clear winners here if anyone put them up. X men and Spiderman were the best two but the others were worth watching as well. Wolverine and the X Men is far and away the best modern cartoon.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Two: Favourite Children's Cartoon

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:53 pm

who voted for Yu Gi Oh picard 

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:55 pm

nothing wrong with Yu Gi Oh.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 07 Jul 2013, 10:14 pm

I think Adventure Time was a bit too modern for this, I can't imagine many adults (without kids) watch it haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:48 am

Defenders of the Earth was another good one.

Spoiler:
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:26 am

Ulysses was a great cartoon.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:44 am

I guess this is very much a generational thing, heavily influenced by your own childhood viewing.

Like a few others, rather surprised to see no mention of Top Cat. Modelled on the excellent Bilko series and with many related connections, Top Cat was for me always amusing and entertaining.

Even above Top Cat, I would put The Flintstones - at least before that out of place tiny alien appeared and detracted from its clever humour. That aside, it has stood the test of time well over half a century.

From roughly the same '60s era, merited shout outs as well to Captain Pugwash, Noggin the Nog, Tintin, Mr Magoo (the comic adventures of a visually impaired man would be so politically incorrect now but at the time were just regarded as very funny), Deputy Dawg, the Pink Panther Show  and Pixie and Dixie.

Of the cartoons here on offer, went for Wacky Races and Looney Tunes.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:13 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:Defenders of the Earth was another good one.

Spoiler:

Good call! Loved that programme.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

Clearly I'm a part of the "I remember when it was all fields round here" crowd of over 30s but Battle of the Planets was quality. Of the omitted classics (they are classics inside my head anyway) Road Runner still amuses me to this day.

Dogtanian and Transformers out of the options available. Oh, and thanks a lot as I now have the bloody Dogtanian theme song in my head at work!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

Scooby Doo and Tom And Jerry.

Honk Kong Phooey would have been second behind Scooby, if it had been picked.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

I went for Fairly Odd parents and Dogtanian. Both great calls. I rushed my own and didn't think it through, so not surprised to only have 1 vote
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

Gutted I got ZERO again

I think i should had gone with my 2nd Choice, which was Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

No Inspector Gadget again Shocked

And no Gummi Bears either. I used to love that cartoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

The Racoons......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Nearly got everyones for the next round - one which I'm using as basically an advice service for people who cant choose what to watch these days.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

Thought of a few i could of had Doh
- Cow & Chicken
- Duck Tales
- Dexters Lab
- Mask
- Animaniacs
- Hey Arnold
- Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
- Catch the Pigeon

Last edited by VDT on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Dangermouse?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Catch the Pigeon, I still sing that sometimes. 

Cow and Chicken was also surreal, cartoons are bonkers. Momma had a chicken, momma had a cow, dad was proud, he didnt care how! Were the parents not just legs only?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Catch the Pigeon, I still sing that sometimes. 

Cow and Chicken was also surreal, cartoons are bonkers. Momma had a chicken, momma had a cow, dad was proud, he didnt care how! Were the parents not just legs only?

Watch Catch the Pigeon every morning, My son loves it!

Watched Cow and Chicken recently at stupid o'clock at night when my son woke up not feeling very well, i forgot how surreal it was! Joel didn't know what to make of it, he thought the devil walking round with his arse hanging out amusing!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

shocking round
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 08 Jul 2013, 5:58 pm

he-mans nearly getting beat by powerpuff girls!! picard picard picard

its no wonder i worry about the youth of today!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

Got to admit Kenny, never heard of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

The next round is modern, so the one after I guess should be a little more favourable to some retro picks. I'll get me thinking cap on

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

I have only one more persons pick to receive. I will go to play some footieball and when I return I will begin putting up the next round so that people have something exciting to look forward to when they wake up. thumbsup

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Got to admit Kenny, never heard of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

The next round is modern, so the one after I guess should be a little more favourable to some retro picks. I'll get me thinking cap on

I loved it Very Happy 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOU1k0EKks

Battle for the Planets as well and Ulysees 61
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

I am amazed that scoot do didn't do better.

It's a series that has reinvented itself time and time again - the latest series (mystery inc) is a real post modern cartoon that is excellent.

Vote scooby!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:43 pm

think i am to old for this tv cup Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:11 am

I went for Scooby Doo. I am surprised Top Cat wasn't in the options - that was great and what a theme song!!
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:01 am

The Centurions was also pretty darn amazing, I'd forgotten that until just now.

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

VDT wrote:Gutted I got ZERO again

I think i should had gone with my 2nd Choice, which was Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light!

YOu would of got a point from me for Visionaries thumbsup  Got the whole series on DVD, even had some of the characters when I was younger.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

MASK was another great cartoon and the toys were brilliant.

The Hurricanes was another great cartoon about the football team. Always remember the guy who played with nothing on his feet.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm

Haha, The Hurricanes was great. music storm time's comin' to you today. Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! music

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2