The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

+19
superflyweight
Roller_Coaster
barragan
seanmichaels
Kenny
Shot 21 LCFC
guildfordbat
Bull
Marky
MIG
ChequeredJersey
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Galted
Rowley
The Womble
Mind the windows Tino.
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Favourite Non Human Character

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 119

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:51 am

Another hotly contested round has ended, as has Azzy's faith in his fellow man as Only Fools and Horses wins the best TV Programme of the 1980s. 

There were points for Mr T and Arnold Rimmer, Homer Simpson and Baldrick too, and Hero's pick of Bullseye has done enough to keep him with a little cushion in first place overall.

The results were as follows, the ones not given were all decided by our panel as score draws.

Marky – Only Fools and Horses - 12
Kenny – The A Team - 10
onlytreblewinners – Red Dwarf - 10
Adam D – The Simpsons - 7
ChequeredJersey – Blackadder Goes Forth - 6 
NickisBHAFC – Auf Wiedersen Pet - 5
Rowley – Boys from the Black Stuff - 4
Hulking Up – Quantum Leap - 4
Nakatomi Plaza – Knight Rider - 2
Hero – Bullseye - 2

This week you will be voting for your Favourite Non Human Character. Doctor Who and Gromit are two I have banned from this round, much to the chagrin of all involved (or the two people that picked them). As ever, remember you are voting for your TWO favourities. Tino got a weird pick because, well, you'll work it out.

Next round we move onto a round that will no doubt cause controversy. Round Six will be "Guilty Pleasure". Awkward isnt it? I want something that you are either embarrassed to watch, or at least you dont bring it up in conversation. I will do some judging on this, I want no "Well, it is a bit embarrassing watch Game of Thrones cos its old n that". You arent embarrassed, you are trying to win, and for that Tino hates you. 

Bear in mind that those voting will be looking for the same criteria, you want to pick something interesting but also a bit odd/frowned upon. If you are content watching TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, Britain's Got "Talent" or Rugby League then you may be an idiot but you could well win this round. TNA will be accepted but rightly booed out of the building.

Note: Rugby League will not be accepted as people are apparently proud of themselves for watching this nonsense. 

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:54 am

IVE LEFT A NAME ON THEIR PICK, COULD DO WITH AN ADMIN CLEANING THAT UP FOR ME

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:23 am

Whoever chose Eddie the dog from Frasier and spike from Buffy I salute you

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:21 am

I have gone for KITT as I like holding hands with boys in the school playground and The Littlest Hobo as I know all the lyrics to the theme tune and will now be singing it all day. Happy memories.

There's a voice that keeps on calling me,
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.

All together now....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:24 am

I've got a vote already!

Whomever you are, you're one of the world's good people.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:59 am

Gone for Eddie from Frasier (genius nomination) and The Littlest Hobo as like Tino I know all the lyrics to the song. I am now singing it in my head, ahhhh such a happy tune!! Loved that show as a kid.

Honourable mentions to Animal (muppets), Kryten and Muttley. Narrowly missed out on my vote.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:01 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:IVE LEFT A NAME ON THEIR PICK, COULD DO WITH AN ADMIN CLEANING THAT UP FOR ME

Done

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:08 am

I have voted for the beetle and for Kryten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:10 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I have voted for the beetle

In a completely platonic way, Azzy, I love you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

In a completely turned-on-by-ferocious-beetles way, I love you too.

That beetle was hard as nails, and the list of nominations here is the poorest I've seen in any round of any 606v2 cup, so it's as much due to the ineptitude of your rivals as to your impeccable tastes that the beetle got my vote Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:18 am

Chose Bender as he's a legend & (for the 2nd time so far) my own selection as it's even more of a legend.

The rest of the options are too dreadful to even contemplate putting a tick next to.  It's all very well knowing the words to the Littlest Hobo theme but it's rubbish, one of the worst songs I've ever heard.  And Eddie the dog is rubbish as well, one of the worst dogs I've ever seen, the kind of dog you don't feel sorry for when it's locked in a car during summer.  I'm too upset to start on the rest but might do so later today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:20 am

Morning Galted.

Another happy start to the day for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:28 am

Galted wrote:Chose Bender as he's a legend & (for the 2nd time so far) my own selection as it's even more of a legend.

The rest of the options are too dreadful to even contemplate putting a tick next to.  It's all very well knowing the words to the Littlest Hobo theme but it's rubbish, one of the worst songs I've ever heard.  And Eddie the dog is rubbish as well, one of the worst dogs I've ever seen, the kind of dog you don't feel sorry for when it's locked in a car during summer.  I'm too upset to start on the rest but might do so later today.

Ahh come on Galted sing a long with us!

"Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on"

Plus he was a much better dog than Lassie.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:31 am

He loves it really, Womble. He is just determined to derail the whole process as he never gets any points.

It's sad to see a man so deeply distressed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Morning Tino - yep, has been one of the better ones.

@ Womble, that's not much of an achievement being a better dog than Lassie, the only dog that's sh1tter than Lassie is f*****g Eddie the dog and his light coat of pubic hair (I am excluding species of poodle & lap dogs such as Chihuahuas & Toy Poms when I refer to how sh1t dogs are as these aren't really dogs, more like food for your pet boa constrictor or Bull Mastiff)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Galted is right though, it is absolutely bobbins.

Next round is tough, I don't have any guilty pleasures, everything I watch is outstanding and achingly cool. Tina are you voting for wrestling?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:40 am

I've just looked at pictures of Eddie the dog on Google and it's really rekindled the hatred.  Love to put him in a sack and kick him all the way to the St Katherine Docks then drown him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:41 am

Rowley wrote:Tina are you voting for wrestling?

Not a chance in Hell, Jeffrey. Although my nomination does involve copious amounts of tight fitting clothing.

Not that I am actually embarrassed by it, nor would you be, but apparently it is not cool to watch it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:42 am

I'm 31 and I've never heard of Littlest Hobo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:44 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'm 31 and I've never heard of Littlest Hobo.

We did this on the last thread. But if you insist....

I am 35 and have heard of the Littlest Hobo.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:51 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'm 31 and I've never heard of Littlest Hobo.

We did this on the last thread.  But if you insist....

I am 35 and have heard of the Littlest Hobo.

I am 32 and I have heard of the Littlest Hobo and I like it!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:52 am

I'm 42 and have not only heard of, but actually seen, the Littlest Hobo.

Sh1t theme tune.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:54 am

Galted wrote:I'm 42 and have not only heard of, but actually seen, the Littlest Hobo.

Can I just clarify whether you mean you have actually seen the Littlest Hobo as in actually seen him, or just the TV show?

It is an important distinction.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:57 am

I am 37 and have heard of and seen the Littlest Hobo (on TV), and I also have that sodding theme tune stuck in my head now. Thanks very much for that. The Imaginary Mrs Cane used to have that as her ring tone, and I would rate it second only behind Surfing Bird as the most annoying song to have as a ring tone in the world ever.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:I'm 42 and have not only heard of, but actually seen, the Littlest Hobo.

Can I just clarify whether you mean you have actually seen the Littlest Hobo as in actually seen him, or just the TV show?

It is an important distinction.

Good spot, Tino, wouldn't want to further confuse the idiots who don't vote for Paddington Bear.

I'd like to categorically state that I've only seen the Littlest Hobo via the medium of television and have not actually seen him in what we loosely refer to as "real life".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:59 am

Galted wrote:Morning Tino - yep, has been one of the better ones.

@ Womble, that's not much of an achievement being a better dog than Lassie, the only dog that's sh1tter than Lassie is f*****g Eddie the dog and his light coat of pubic hair (I am excluding species of poodle & lap dogs such as Chihuahuas & Toy Poms when I refer to how sh1t dogs are as these aren't really dogs, more like food for your pet boa constrictor or Bull Mastiff)

I'm getting the feeling that you're not really a dog lover. What about Rude Dog and The Dweebs? Krypto the Superdog? Old Yeller?

I feel I should point out that Moose, the dog that played Eddie is already dead so there is no need for you to hunt him down and murde rthe poor little thing.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:01 am

Whaddya know? Turns out the Littlest Hobo is a dog. I thought it would be some sort of hobo.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:05 am

The Womble wrote:
Galted wrote:Morning Tino - yep, has been one of the better ones.

I'm getting the feeling that you're not really a dog lover. What about Rude Dog and The Dweebs? Krypto the Superdog? Old Yeller?

I feel I should point out that Moose, the dog that played Eddie is already dead so there is no need for you to hunt him down and murde rthe poor little thing.

Cheers, that's cheered me up no end.

I am actually a dog lover (purely platonically of course), but restrict my love to dogs that are equipped to savage little yappy w**k dogs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Whaddya know? Turns out the Littlest Hobo is a dog. I thought it would be some sort of hobo.

If the show had been Gary Coleman when he had fallen on tough times it would have been a much better show although obviously not valid for this section.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

I see a discerning viewer of great taste and refinement has voted for Paddington Bear - some faith in humanity has now been restored.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:18 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Whaddya know? Turns out the Littlest Hobo is a dog. I thought it would be some sort of hobo.

If the show had been Gary Coleman when he had fallen on tough times it would have been a much better show although obviously not valid for this section.

Watcha talkin' about Rowley?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:27 am

You guys are idiots vote Pikachu.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:29 am

I voted for Bender and paddington. Paddington Bear is made of win
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:32 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:I voted for Bender and paddington. Paddington Bear is made of win

You're an inspiration CJ - hopefully you can lead the plebs on these boards out of the mire of their ignorance. Fingers Crossed

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:34 am

your all too old.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

I went with Kryten and Kitt. My next choices would have been Zelda and Brian Griffin.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:48 am

Bull wrote:You guys are idiots vote Pikachu.

Anything to do with Pokemon shouldn't be anywhere near these polls.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

Shut it old man, go watch EastEnders

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:56 am

Hey Bull, how do you get Pikachu onto a bus?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:57 am

Bull wrote:Shut it old man, go watch EastEnders

Laugh old man love it!

The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

At least we all know who voted for Pikachu Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

Not funny azzy, you guys never had a childhood Sad 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:11 am

Bull wrote:Not funny azzy, you guys never had a childhood Sad 

I had my childhood while you were nothing but an uncorked sperm/sucking on yo mama's teet/still in nappies.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:13 am

You didn't answer the question!!!!!!!

How do you get Pikachu onto a bus?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
You didn't answer the question!!!!!!!

How do you get Pikachu onto a bus?

How?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

POKEMON The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:15 am

Poke-him-on Rolling Eyes 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:16 am

Laugh

My childhood was spent watching Button Moon, He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, Knightmare, Run the Risk and Fun House. That's pretty much all I ever watched, I was an outdoorsy kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

Transformers good pick, He-man was awful

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 16 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

Yet again almost certainly too old for my view to carry much weight but thought this should be Marty Hopkirk (Deceased) by a mile. Clearly referring to the original '60s series as portrayed by the wonderful Kenneth Cope even though though he had real trouble wearing his wig in the same place twice! The late Mike Pratt gave a nice understated performance as the ghost's partner and proved a good foil for Cope. Infinitely superior to the later remake with Reeves and Mortimer.

Second choice was very hard but opted for Bugs Bunny. Shades it for his universal catch phrase. Honourable mention to Paddington but regard him far more as a figure of children's literature than tv.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next