The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

+19
superflyweight
Roller_Coaster
barragan
seanmichaels
Kenny
Shot 21 LCFC
guildfordbat
Bull
Marky
MIG
ChequeredJersey
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Galted
Rowley
The Womble
Mind the windows Tino.
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Favourite Non Human Character

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 119

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Another hotly contested round has ended, as has Azzy's faith in his fellow man as Only Fools and Horses wins the best TV Programme of the 1980s. 

There were points for Mr T and Arnold Rimmer, Homer Simpson and Baldrick too, and Hero's pick of Bullseye has done enough to keep him with a little cushion in first place overall.

The results were as follows, the ones not given were all decided by our panel as score draws.

Marky – Only Fools and Horses - 12
Kenny – The A Team - 10
onlytreblewinners – Red Dwarf - 10
Adam D – The Simpsons - 7
ChequeredJersey – Blackadder Goes Forth - 6 
NickisBHAFC – Auf Wiedersen Pet - 5
Rowley – Boys from the Black Stuff - 4
Hulking Up – Quantum Leap - 4
Nakatomi Plaza – Knight Rider - 2
Hero – Bullseye - 2

This week you will be voting for your Favourite Non Human Character. Doctor Who and Gromit are two I have banned from this round, much to the chagrin of all involved (or the two people that picked them). As ever, remember you are voting for your TWO favourities. Tino got a weird pick because, well, you'll work it out.

Next round we move onto a round that will no doubt cause controversy. Round Six will be "Guilty Pleasure". Awkward isnt it? I want something that you are either embarrassed to watch, or at least you dont bring it up in conversation. I will do some judging on this, I want no "Well, it is a bit embarrassing watch Game of Thrones cos its old n that". You arent embarrassed, you are trying to win, and for that Tino hates you. 

Bear in mind that those voting will be looking for the same criteria, you want to pick something interesting but also a bit odd/frowned upon. If you are content watching TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, Britain's Got "Talent" or Rugby League then you may be an idiot but you could well win this round. TNA will be accepted but rightly booed out of the building.

Note: Rugby League will not be accepted as people are apparently proud of themselves for watching this nonsense. 

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:I was largely on the fence about Paddington but having realised Clarkson is in any way shape or form involved has sealed it for me. I now hate him.

That makes little sense Rowley.  You hate a bear (possibly orphaned) because he was exploited by a Clarkson?

Logic has little to do with my pathological but wholely justified hatred of Clarkson and his top gear cohorts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I quite like Clarkson. Once nobbed one of his au pairs.

Was that before or after your daliance with Sonia from Eastenders?  

Or at the same time?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

Hang on, hang on. Mr Spock is half human - half vulcan. Get him out of there!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:Hang on, hang on.  Mr Spock is half human - half vulcan.  Get him out of there!

Nerd.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:

After. Cassidy was circa 2002, Clarkson's au pair 2005. I didn't nob Cassidy though. Just a struggle on the dancefloor.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:So everyone is in agreement then, Paddington is a bit of a t!t.

Shall we move on?

I think you want to move on because you know the subject will eventually get to the fact that giant centipedes make up a good proportion of the Peruvian Bear's diet.

Whatever, michaels.  There is about as much chance of Paddington eating a Scolopendra gigantea as there is you actually sleeping with a female, let along Clarkson's au pair.

Both are facts dear.

Besides the Giant Panda, the Spectacled Bear is perhaps the most herbivorous living bear species.[28] These bears also eat cultivated plants, such as sugarcane (Saccharum ssp.), honey (made by Apis ssp.), and corn (Zea mays), and have been known to travel above the tree line for berries and more ground-based bromeliads.[29] When food is abundant, such as large corn fields, up to nine individual bears have feed close by each other in a single vicinity. Animal prey is usually quite small, but these bears can prey on adult deer, llama (Lama glama) and domestic cattle (Bos primigenius taurus) and horses (Equus ferus caballus).[14][23][30] Animal prey has included rabbits, mice, other rodents, birds at the nest (especially ground-nesting birds like tinamous or lapwings (Vanellus ssp.)), arthropods, and carrion.[

and marmalade sandwiches

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:I was largely on the fence about Paddington but having realised Clarkson is in any way shape or form involved has sealed it for me. I now hate him.

That makes little sense Rowley.  You hate a bear (possibly orphaned) because he was exploited by a Clarkson?

Logic has little to do with my pathological but wholely justified hatred of Clarkson and his top gear cohorts.

So if the three of them buggered a flamingo you'd hate flamingos?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:33 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:

So if the three of them buggered a flamingo you'd hate flamingos?

Depends if the flamingo was dressed like a slut or not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:33 pm

superflyweight wrote:Hang on, hang on.  Mr Spock is half human - half vulcan.  Get him out of there!

Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:36 pm

Rowley wrote:

Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts.

He went home to get a book.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

After. Cassidy was circa 2002, Clarkson's au pair 2005. I didn't nob Cassidy though. Just a struggle on the dancefloor.

did you try to lift her?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

Lassie always came across as a bit of a know it all to me, showing off all the bloody time.

People have got to stop voting for the non picks!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Lassie always came across as a bit of a know it all to me, showing off all the bloody time.

I'm sure I remember hearing somewhere that there were lots of different Lassies, and all of them were boy dogs with their lipsticks taped to their undersides. I may have dreamt it though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

wonder what work think when they see what i have googled.....

All the dogs portraying Lassie have been male. A female collie was hired to play the lead in Lassie Come Home, but when an opportunity came to film "Lassie" negotiating some rapids, the female reportedly would have nothing to do with the rushing water. Rudd Weatherwax's collie "Pal" was substituted, and not only stole the stunt but won the role. Weatherwax continued to use male collies in the role for a good reason: both sexes shed in the summer (when most movies and television shows traditionally film most of their episodes), but since the male has a thicker coat, he wouldn't look so scrawny during filming. Also, fans tend to think of Lassie as a "big heroic dog." Female collies are usually 10-15 pounds lighter than their male counterparts, therefore a male dog playing Lassie would look more impressive. Female collies were not ignored because they are any less intelligent; in fact, some of Lassie's stunt doubles have been females.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

You have weird Dreams Union

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

Adam D wrote:You have weird Dreams Union

He also has an imaginary wife but we leave him be.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

Adam D wrote:You have weird Dreams Union

Did you want to borrow it? I did have it for the Commodore 64, but got rid of it many years ago, sorry mate.

Here's a taster :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpbUtV3zPw
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

All this talk of fictional dogs and noone has mentioned that educational little feicer, wishbone!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

or spit the dog.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

The Boss wrote:All this talk of fictional dogs and noone has mentioned that educational little feicer, wishbone!

Boss, did you ever hear Springsteen's cover of the Littlest Hobo's theme tune?

It rocks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

seanmichaels wrote:or spit the dog.....

Or Bouncer.

Or Dag Dog.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Ethel's Willy?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

I can do 1 of 2 things here, Tino.

Say yes and be exposed as a liar due to it not existing.

Or say no and look like I'm not the biggest Springsteen fan on here as you convince the rest that there is in fact such a version.

So il say I prefer his acoustic version of The Teenage Mutant ninja turtles theme as Beenop and Rocksteady have also been scandalously omitted from the list.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

Am I missing something or has "A PICK I AINT GOT YET YA PLUMS" got as many votes as the sublime and majestic Paddington Bear?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

The Boss wrote:I can do 1 of 2 things here, Tino.

Say yes and be exposed as a liar due to it not existing.

Or say no and look like I'm not the biggest Springsteen fan on here as you convince the rest that there is in fact such a version.

So il say I prefer his acoustic version of The Teenage Mutant ninja turtles theme as Beenop and Rocksteady have also been scandalously omitted from the list.

I didnt believe it either but sure enough!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Galted wrote:Am I missing something or has "A PICK I AINT GOT YET YA PLUMS" got as many votes as the sublime and majestic Paddington Bear?

And the sublime, majestic and double hard bombardier beetle.

Life ain't fair, Galted. Life ain't fair.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:34 pm

What a performance. What a song. What a man!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Am I missing something or has "A PICK I AINT GOT YET YA PLUMS" got as many votes as the sublime and majestic Paddington Bear?

And the sublime, majestic and double hard bombardier beetle.

Life ain't fair, Galted.  Life ain't fair.

It ain't.  And just to drive home the point I'm going to punch every Big Issue seller I see today really hard in the face, even the ones I've already punched.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

I don't like lime and I rate Paddington Bear as sub-lime.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I don't like lime and I rate Paddington Bear as sub-lime.

How wantonly callous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

Good to see Miss Piggy has no votes yet. Can't think of anything that would make me change channels quicker than that tw@t coming on.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Good to see Miss Piggy has no votes yet. Can't think of anything that would make me change channels quicker than that tw@t coming on.

Tough day at school?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

I can't stand Miss Piggy either, I'm not a fan of porkers.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Just realised I could have had Marina from Stingray.
(I don't mean I could have had her - she was way out of my league)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Just realised I could have had Marina from Stingray.

Aqua Marina ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

Very needy girl, there were always strings attached.

drumroll
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:05 pm

Kenny wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Just realised I could have had Marina from Stingray.

Aqua Marina ?

'Aqua' only in the theme tune, iirc

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:07 pm

yes but it's stuck in my head now JM !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD96RQ1-wnY
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

Union Cane wrote:Very needy girl, there were always strings attached.

drumroll
True, although I hear she's very happy to be controlled by a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

drumroll

You're on fire today Union.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

I know, that's two in one day.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:Good to see Miss Piggy has no votes yet. Can't think of anything that would make me change channels quicker than that tw@t coming on.

Tough day at school?

Day off actually.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:27 pm

Rowley wrote:

drumroll

You're on fire today Union.

If only.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

You're not fit to carry Union's jockstrap Tina, he has his reverse linear borderline autism thing, you only have your strange insect obsession.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

Rowley wrote:You're not fit to carry Union's jockstrap Tina, he has his reverse linear borderline autism thing, you only have your strange insect obsession.

There is nothing strange about Arthropods. And it is a love, not an obsession.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

Bender and Danger Mouse, but where the flock is SuperTed?

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

kingjohn7 wrote: but where the flock is SuperTed?

He's been thrown away, like a piece of rubbish, into an old, dark storeroom.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

So far the "PICK I AINT GOT YET YA PLUMS" has tried two picks I have had to reject:

Homer Simpson
Donkey from Shrek

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Tough day at school?

Day off actually.

I always had you as a calm chap. Everyone has their tipping point and it seems miss piggy is yours.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 6:06 pm

If an admin could change the last pick to Schmeichel the dog from Coronation Street then id be happy and grateful 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next