The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure

+28
guildfordbat
BlueCoverman
mystiroakey
barragan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mat
Nakatomi Plaza
ChequeredJersey
The Special Juan
TopHat24/7
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Bull
Kenny
The Womble
bhb001
Hulking_up
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
Roller_Coaster
Union Cane
The Boss
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
Galted
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guilty Pleasure

[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap5%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap4%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap13%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 15 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap0%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap9%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 10 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap13%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 15 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap2%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap8%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap4%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
[ 5 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap0%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 4 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap1%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap1%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap7%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap3%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 5 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap5%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_lcap2%[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 112

Poll closed

[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Empty [solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:40 pm

We move on to Round Six of the Inaugural TV Cup safe in the knowledge that Brian Griffin is the best Non-Human character in TV History. It appears the users of 606v2 are a sucker to a talking dog who loves to sing swing. Well, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got etc etc.

With Tino about to jet off on holiday and eager to discuss arthropods with somebody before the missus threatens legal proceedings, we will move on with a couple of suggestions yet to come in. I will leave vote cancelling on as I chase the two guilty parties.

Round Six is Guilty Pleasures. The conundrum here was finding a programme you were ashamed by but also enjoyed. And some people were also trying to think of one that will win them votes, but we can never validate our opinions by the thoughts of others now can we kids. Don't say there wasn't a moral education in this somewhere along the lines.

And at least five people tried to pick Babestation warning 

A list full of awful programmes is in front of you. Enjoy the arguments ladies and gents!

Round Seven we will be looking for the Best TV Presenter to have ever graced our screens. Chat show hosts and Saturday night stickmen (I've made this phrase up and you can work out what it means for yourself) will be under inspection from you lot as we decide who showcases the best presenting skills on TV. Notable duos will be allowed as a pair as Ant n Dec do not really have individual personalities. 

The results of the last round are as follows:

Brian Griffin/Nakatomi Plaza - 12
Kryten/Me - 10
Danger Mouse/Compelling and Rich - 8
Bugs Bunny/Chequered Jersey - 7
Bender/Sir Johnny English - 6
Kermit/Hero - 5
Eddie The Dog/Barragan - 5
Muttley/OnlyTrebleWinners - 5
Animal/bhb001 - 2
Pikachu/Bull - 1
Mr Spock/Adam D - 1

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Empty Re: [solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure

Post by Marky Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

I assume I got Babestation then as I wasn't asked for another choice?

Marky

Back to top Go down

[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Empty Re: [solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

Yes sir

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:51 pm

I went for Location Location Location and Golden Girls which is probably even gayer than the "yay" post in the previous round.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

Is Babestation a programme?

While you ponder that for five minutes, which is about as long as you ever watch it, I'll explain my votes.

Bargain Hunt: purely for when The Duke was on it, before he died. Did he die? I'm not even sure. I've not seen Bargain Hunt for years. But it used to be good.

Countryfile: don't think I've ever watched it all the way through, or even at all, but seeing the name reminded me of the Countryfile sketch that Reeves & Mortimer did, and that deserves a vote.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Is Babestation a programme?

I pondered it for 30 seconds, which is about as long as I ever watch it Whistle

Babestation is a programme, shown on a channel with the same name. It's not like you put Babestation on the telly and say "I wonder what's on this channel tonight?". It's gonna be Babestation on that channel. Ergo, programme.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

the Duke's not dead, is he?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

I voted for Strictly and Raymond. Only two shows on that entire list I would ever watch Laugh

Babestation is disgusting. Not the premise of it, just the rank unattractiveness of every single woman on there. I'd rather cut my eyes out with a plastic spoon than watch ugly, surgically-enhanced, cellulite-ridden tramps embarrass themselves like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:the Duke's not dead, is he?  

I'm not sure.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

Tell us what you really think Azzy

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

I think if the wife ever caught me looking at I'd be getting divorced on the grounds that I no longer have any taste in women Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:08 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:

I'm not sure.

He's on the other side now, isn't he?

So Called Expert : "I'll give you £xx"

Grotty poor person : "Well, I wanted a bit more really"

SCE : "That is my limit I'm afraid"

GPP : "I'll go to auction"

Repeat ad nauseum...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

Should have just set a low barrier to start. Problem solved!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

I've never even heard of these before: The Chase, Bonanza, Golden Girls, Wizards of Waverly Place, Only Connect and Northern Girls. Are they all daytime shows?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

The chase is a dinner time quiz which I do like and the Wizards of Waverley Place is a Disney channel show where the mum is a a tidy bit. Don't know the rest.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

The Chase - no guilt whatsoever proud to love screaming oscenities at the last in the team who choose to go for -4000 just so they can try and piggy back off the work of the 2 clever ones that have built up 16k between them. Pah. [email=W@nkers]W@nkers[/email].

Buffy. Until it started to get really silly. Only thing missing towards the end was Scrappy Doo appearing, but the earlier ones were entertaining.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I've never even heard of these before: The Chase, Bonanza, Golden Girls, Wizards of Waverly Place, Only Connect and Northern Girls. Are they all daytime shows?

One of the longest running westerns - you must've heard of Ben Cartwright, Hoss & Little Joe.  Embarrassingly dated, especially when you realise the backdrops for the supposedly outdoor scenes are paintings.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

the chase isnt a guilty pleasure its a great programme, just annoying that it clashes with another good quiz in pointless

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I voted for Strictly

Azzy, you are fast in danger of becoming my bestest ever poster.

I am 35 years old and watch Strictly Come Dancing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

I'm a bit miffed how some of the most watched shows in the country can be classed as guilty pleasures?

Last edited by Hulking_up on Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

I am 31 years old and my life's ambition is to win Strictly Come Dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

I'm not sure.

He's on the other side now, isn't he?

So Called Expert : "I'll give you £xx"

Grotty poor person : "Well, I wanted a bit more really"

SCE : "That is my limit I'm afraid"

GPP : "I'll go to auction"

Repeat ad nauseum...

That is Dickenson's Real Deal not Bargain Hunt. It is so sad that I know that and can be bothered to correct you on it! Anyone got a life I can have?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I am 31 years old and my life's ambition is to win Strictly Come Dancing.

What's white and jumps up and down?

Come dancing.

drumroll 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

I have voted for Strictly and Golden Girls. I didn't actually think there were any other Golden Girls fans in this country apart from me and my brother who used to watch it on holiday in the States. I am impressed it has been nominated and even more impressed it has to other votes other than mine. Very funny programme.

I voted for Strictly for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Ola Jordan. I don't care if that makes me shallow or a perv, she is stunning and watching her prance about in a very small leotard and shiny sequins is one my life's pleasures.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I am 31 years old and my life's ambition is to win Strictly Come Dancing.

Come dancing.

drumroll 

picard 
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

What does "Strictly Come Dancing" actually mean?

It makes no sense.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:53 pm

The Womble wrote:

Come dancing.

drumroll 

picard 

Come on now, Womble. Don't tell me you won't be using that one down the pub tonight.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:What does "Strictly Come Dancing" actually mean?

It makes no sense.

Nor does DJ Sir Mixalot or whatever else you listen to. Just go with it, Union.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

Union Cane wrote:What does "Strictly Come Dancing" actually mean?

It makes no sense.

A mash of the old show Come Dancing and the excellent Australian Film Strictly Ballroom.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

The Womble wrote:

Come dancing.

drumroll 

picard 

Come on now, Womble.  Don't tell me you won't be using that one down the pub tonight.

Whistle 
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

sent in my next round picks , gone old school
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

In assume i got Monday Night Raw?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

It'll make an ass out of u and me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

Hulking_up wrote:I'm a bit miffed how some of the most watched shows in the country can be classed as guilty pleasures?

Cos they're Poopie and a lot of people in this country are thick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Damn should of said Ninja Warrior !

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

Bull wrote:Damn should of said Ninja Warrior !

Should have said Ninja Warrior? Smile 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Excellent modding Marx.  If he does it again a ban should be in order.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Kenny is Grammar Ninja Warrior
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

Can one of the not picks be changed to "Fame" (Im guessing it was once a programme?)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

And another one to Corrie

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm

Who voted for TNA Rolling Eyes 

Also babestation winning? Really?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

Adam D wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Kenny is Grammar Ninja Warrior
[solved]The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Six: Guilty Pleasure Ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

That I am Very Happy 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

How come the likes of TOWIE, Geordie Shore, MIC etc aren't listed as options??

Those up there are either perfectly decent shows, or simply shiite. Not sure I'd quite call any a 'guilty pleasure'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

I'd think that Babestation qualifies as both 'guilty' and 'pleasure'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

How anyone could consider watching a grotty old badly made-up bint holding her arse in the air and wobbling it around a "pleasure" is beyond me...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm

I'm surprised and disappointed no one chose to nominate the old Batman episodes with Adam West which they show on ITV4.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:11 pm

At least Babestation has glamour models, Northern Girls has got to be less enticing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:36 pm

My choice has votes and I am surprised as I didn't think we had many teenage girls on this forum. And I do genuinely love the show I chose, even though I know it will lose me all man points I have ever owned
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

I voted for Strictly and One Tree Hill.

Strictly mainly for the same reasons as The Womble. Actually do enjoy seeing people improve, and get near a pro standard as well.

I think Everyone Loves Raymond is the second best show on the list, but I don't see why it's embarrassing. Yes, it's not cool or edgy, but it was a well written and funny show.

One Tree Hill meets all the criteria of an embarrassing show for me, the acting is generally poor, but it's so bad it's pretty entertaining to watch.

Last edited by Nakatomi Plaza on Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

Also it had Sophia Bush in it. This was enough reason to watch it and presumably fulfils anything anyone could want from Babestation but with far more attractive girls

ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next