The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endings changed for better or for worse ??

+6
bhb001
rIck_dAgless
jimmyinthewell68
Adam D
Galted
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Endings changed for better or for worse ?? Empty Endings changed for better or for worse ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:21 am

Apparently there is footage of Macready (The Thing ) being helicoptered out from Antartica....It's kept in a storage dept somewhere......Instead they gave us a cliff hanger with us supposedly wondering whether Childs is a thing or not!! "let's stick around here for a while...See what happens"

However Macready smirking after he gives the JB whisky bottle to Childs to have a sip and he does with no qualms suggests Macready had his answer!!!!...........

Suspicion..........Hitchcock wanted the milk Grant was carrying to kill Fontaine ..........However Cary Grant a killer?? The studio wouldn't have it!!

Looking for endings that were changed and wondering If there is any alternative ending footage on the net..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Endings changed for better or for worse ?? Empty Re: Endings changed for better or for worse ??

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:43 am

Freaks - the strong man was castrated in the original but that was changed for a bizarre happy ending so as not to upset audiences.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Endings changed for better or for worse ?? Empty Re: Endings changed for better or for worse ??

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

The ending of True Romance originally had Clarence dying.

tony Scott actually filmed it to appease Quentin but after showing QT, he decided to keep the happy ending.

Having seen it on the DVD extras, I prefer the happy ending even though the film is crying out for the moral downer.

I like you Clarence, always have, always will....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:51 am

Love the music at the end when they are walking down the beach...worth it just for that...;

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

I want to say its Chris Isaak from memory?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

That miserable muppet...I've changed my mind...........I prefer it when he gets wasted!!Wink 

Dawn of the dead............The greatest horror movie of alltime ended with Peter committing suicide before the zombies get to him... and Fran gets decapitated by the helicopter blades while escaping!!

BTW............Whilst on holiday I watched the relatively new ...Assault on precinct 13................What a load of garbage..............

They've murdered Halloween, The Fog and now this...............what next Escape from new york.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

in the book john rambo dies at the end in first blood

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:09 am

Clerks is another, was a bit of a downer for the main character to be shot dead so Dante was allowed to live into Clerks II.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:13 am

I am Legend - completely changed the ending in the Film for the worse.

Dodgeball - i am sure i heard somewhere that in the original version, they lost at the end

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

They've murdered Halloween, The Fog and now this...............what next Escape from new york. wrote:

I believe terminator is the next to be ruined

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:29 am

rick_dagless wrote:

I believe terminator is the next to be ruined

And Robocop

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:36 am

Yes they did change the Dodgeball ending.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

the last two Rocky films had changed endings.

Rocky V had Rocky dying at the end until test audiences booed it, and three different endings for Rocky Balboa were filmed. I personally think that the ending was perfect.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:43 am

Rocky died from the beginning to end of Rocky 5..........

Halloween 6 (Your excellent Donald Pleasence last film) had him becoming Michael Myers I believe in the producers cut...

Sad film for such an excellent actor....Then again it was better than H5......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:57 am

I didnt know that about Donald - I thought the original ending had michael as part of a cult or something, after he was broken from the jail at the end of 5.

Either way, they were both terrible, terrible films.

And fact fans, Paul Rudd played Tommy Jarvis in Halloween 6!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

Funny thing about Halloween is........ I like 2 better..

Dark isolated hospital.......great baddie and Jamie Lee...........

Recently saw Prom night..........Jamie lee looked young and ......

Seriously underestimated slasher as is Terror Train.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

Fatal Attraction..........Instead of going on a rampage they had her kill herself alone in her empty apartment...

Apparently test audiences said WTF!!!! and they reshot...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny thing about Halloween is........ I like 2 better..

Dark isolated hospital.......great baddie and Jamie Lee...........

Recently saw Prom night..........Jamie lee looked young and ......

Seriously underestimated slasher as is Terror Train.........

I think HII is great too (Dean Cunnigham I think directed it).

And I am a huge fan of Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Its a shame people slate it as it has nothing to do with MM. As a standalone film, its extremely creepy.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

If Jaws had never been made..........and Jaws 2 was Jaws 1.......... It would be highly regarded..........

Halloween sequels suffer the same fate..........

In isolation a lot of them are good......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

And Robocop wrote:

I think a small piece of me has just died inside

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That miserable muppet...I've changed my mind...........I prefer it when he gets wasted!!Wink 

Dawn of the dead............The greatest horror movie of alltime ended with Peter committing suicide before the zombies get to him... and Fran gets decapitated by the helicopter blades while escaping!!

BTW............Whilst on holiday I watched the relatively new ...Assault on precinct 13................What a load of garbage..............

They've murdered Halloween, The Fog and now this...............what next Escape from new york.

Apparently yes. They are looking to make it a trilology!! They should leave well enough alone!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

No originality and no studios gutsy enough to take risks on new material.........

By rehashing they know fans of the original will go and watch..........

Carpenter has been executive producer on some of the remakes so he's obviously buck hungry and has a price......

Shame that.........other Directors guard their pride and joys..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No originality and no studios gutsy enough to take risks on new material.........

By rehashing they know fans of the original will go and watch..........

Carpenter has been exutive producer on some of the remakes so he's obviously buck hungry and has a price......

Shame that.........other Directors guard their pride and joys..

like George Lucas.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:54 pm

And, in case you thought I was being annoying: -

http://collider.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-trilogy/

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

Very true........There are some that don't have a price...but it's number is dwindling.

You could never be annoying bhb..........Rolling Eyes 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:57 pm

Apparently before it was even shot, the studio tried to change the end of Se7en to a conventional thriller type ending with the cops racing against time to stop John Doe climbing in through a bathroom wndow and killing Gwyneth Paltrow's character.

Brad Pitt threatened to walk if they didn't reinstate the original head in box ending.

What kind of numpty reads that script and thinks "nah, lets scrap it and tack on a formulaic ending we've seen a thoudand times before".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Very true........There are some that don't have a price...but it's number is dwindling.

You could never be annoying bhb..........Rolling Eyes 

Ar thanks, Uncle Truss .... kiss 

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

The kind of numpty who says...........we need one gratuitous sex scene....A car chase...at least three one liners......and a lead who is a maverick and doesn't get on with his boss..........Perhaps ???

Good job I didn't direct it!!Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The kind of numpty who says...........we need one gratuitous sex scene....A car chase...at least three one liners......and a lead who is a maverick and doesn't get on with his boss..........Perhaps ???

Good job I didn't direct it!!Cool

If I directed a film it would be one long, lesbian sex scene, everytime.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

I'll give you my Father-in-laws number..........Maybe he'll help fund it.........

But I insist on a bathroom window scene !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 15 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

Not really down to editing reasons but wasn't Gladiator's script was changed dramtacially due to the death of Olly Reed and a lack of funds?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

Butterfly Effect has two endings, one where the lead character goes back in time and kills himself as a child to save the ones around him from bad lives...the other is the typical Hollywood happy ending that shows he has learnt nothing.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:19 am

uploaded this for womble

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:26 am

"Layer Cake" with Daniels Craig's character driving into the sunset with Sienna Miller.

Glad they kept to downbeat one

For those who haven't seen it, I guess I should have added a spoiler alert.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

Good film and Sienna certainly needed a good seeing to........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

"Titantic" where the Captain swerves to the left a bit earlier, they sail to New York unharmed, Kate Winslet lives a life of abject misery with Billy Zane and Leonardo Di Caprio is killed in a knife fight after a drunken disagreement with a syphilitic cross-dressing sailor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:52 am

Still prefer the third ending where with the sad music playing he's hanging on for dear life looking in Winslet's eyes for the last time and someone puts his foot on his head and sends him down.....

Titanic I hate the film and I've probably had to watch it more than any other film....when I haven't been kicked out of the room..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:59 am

evil dead 3    army of darkness   got two endings . one where ashly  takes too many sleeping drops and wakes up in the ruined  future and the other where hes back in the supermarket when suddenly attacked by more demons . can't remember which one cinema release

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:evil dead 3    army of darkness   got two endings . one where ashly  takes too many sleeping drops and wakes up in the ruined  future and the other where hes back in the supermarket when suddenly attacked by more demons . can't remember which one cinema release
The one I've seen is the big beard and ruined city with him screaming "Noooooooo" Never heard about the other version (which means nothing)

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:evil dead 3    army of darkness   got two endings . one where ashly  takes too many sleeping drops and wakes up in the ruined  future and the other where hes back in the supermarket when suddenly attacked by more demons . can't remember which one cinema release
The one I've seen is the big beard and ruined city with him screaming "Noooooooo" Never heard about the other version (which means nothing)
yes there another version with him back in the supermarket . he kills a few zombies then it ends

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
              yes there another version with him back in the supermarket . he kills a few zombies then it ends
i have seen both versions, i dont mind the post apocolypic one, but quite like the ending in the supermarket
"yeah i could have been king, but in my own way i already am"

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:33 pm

now give me some sugar baby.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm

Hail to the king baby!

This is my boomstick

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

I saw Evil Dead 3/ The Medievil Dead on a pirate before it was released which had the cave ending.

I then went to watch it at the cinema and didnt know about the other ending.

I much prefer the supermarket ending.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Oct 2013, 7:17 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm

No comparison........The supermarket ending is just way ahead.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down