The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs hampshire royals

+2
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Go down

surrey vs hampshire royals Empty surrey vs hampshire royals

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

Surrey have named a thirteen man squad for the Friends Life t20 game against the Hampshire Royals at the Kia Oval on Friday.
Kevin O’Brien comes straight into the squad having signed for Surrey’s next three games in the competition. The Ireland all- rounder is available for tomorrow evening’s match against the Royals plus next week’s games against the Middlesex Panthers at Lord’s and the Kent Spitfires at the Kia Oval
The Surrey squad to play the Hampshire Royals in the Friends Life t20 at the Kia Oval on Friday 19th July:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Zander De Bruyn
Gary Wilson
Jon Lewis
Azhar Mahmood
Kevin O’Brien
Ricky Ponting
Jason Roy
Vikram Solanki
Chris Tremlett
same as last time the bottom two miss out imo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs hampshire royals Empty Re: surrey vs hampshire royals

Post by guildfordbat Thu 18 Jul 2013, 5:26 pm

Thanks, JimBob. Again agree with you about the eleven. Believe that Ponting may well be awarded his county cap tomorrow night.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:38 pm

Looking forward to the game guys, a pretty important one in the south group! McKenzie is 50/50 to play, we could really do with him back.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 7:53 am

Does anyone know exactly when Ponting goes back? Will he still be around for the London derby next week or will he be off to the Caribbean by then?

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 19 Jul 2013, 9:41 am

Shelsey - nothing has been confirmed by the Club but it was stated at a forum meeting this week that Duminy arrives in early August. On the basis that Duminy is replacing Ponting, he (Ponting) should be around next week at least.

Best I can do. Surrey's management emphasised at the meeting how difficult international commitments made domestic signings. Things may even still be subject to ongoing negotiation.

JimBob - probably being too clever but there's a whisper that Solanki might replace the Brain today (with O'Brien replacing the departed Maxwell). Your starting eleven is still most likely but I chuck this one in for you!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:43 am

i like it guildford or shoud i say itk Wink 

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:45 am

jimbohammers wrote:Looking forward to the game guys, a pretty important one in the south group! McKenzie is 50/50 to play, we could really do with him back.
fair to say jimbo if surrey are not at 100% your boys should walk it

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:47 am

Shelsey93 wrote:Does anyone know exactly when Ponting goes back? Will he still be around for the London derby next week or will he be off to the Caribbean by then?

i think it might be the essex game on the 31st

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 19 Jul 2013, 7:32 pm

Another poor batting display, especially the middle order who never get going in this tournament.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 19 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

Could be one of those game finished with about 6 overs to spare....Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 19 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

A fairly comfortable win, mainly thanks to our bowlers, especially Chris Wood!
Was surprised to see O'Brien come in so low down the order? Headscratch 

Well done Hampshire, the only unbeaten team in the Comp clap surrey vs hampshire royals 1347041234 

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

Too many players being brought in for a few games. No cohesion at Surrey.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

Wasn't able to follow tonight's game but seems we were never at the races once the openers were out. Appreciate we needed to consolidate after the 4th wicket fell but feel more confidence could have been shown in new signing O'Brien and he could still have gone in then. We didn't run out of wickets in the end but we certainly ran out of overs.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 20 Jul 2013, 12:07 am

The only thing worse then the result was the people who turned up. No interest in the game what's so ever.let's make a snake out of plastic cups.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

jimbobgooner wrote:The only thing worse then the result was the people who turned up. No interest in the game what's so ever.let's make a snake out of plastic cups.

Was the same story a couple of Friday's ago at The Oval. Guess it is good that big crowds are turning up but a shame that they have such a short attention span!

It seems to be something unique to the Oval on a Friday. It wasn't the same at the Wednesday night Surrey match I covered or for the T20s at Lord's and Middlesex's out-grounds. A shame as the Oval Friday crowd I saw was the biggest for a game I've been at this season (just edging Middx-Essex the night before) but the atmosphere just wasn't there because of the lack of interest in the cricket.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 20 Jul 2013, 9:36 am

Shelsey93 wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:The only thing worse then the result was the people who turned up. No interest in the game what's so ever.let's make a snake out of plastic cups.

Was the same story a couple of Friday's ago at The Oval. Guess it is good that big crowds are turning up but a shame that they have such a short attention span!

It seems to be something unique to the Oval on a Friday. It wasn't the same at the Wednesday night Surrey match I covered or for the T20s at Lord's and Middlesex's out-grounds. A shame as the Oval Friday crowd I saw was the biggest for a game I've been at this season (just edging Middx-Essex the night before) but the atmosphere just wasn't there because of the lack of interest in the cricket.
This type of thing was complained about at the members' forum earlier in the week. The Chairman and Chief Exec said they would give thought to an alcohol free section of the ground.

Probably like most of us on this thread, I don't mind how people spend their time at a match provided it doesn't spoil my own enjoyment which is principally to sit and watch the cricket. I normally play the miserable old git (not difficult, I hear you say!) and ask people not to walk past me until the end of an over. However, even if that's successful, it does nothing to prevent an oaf in the row in front standing up and swinging a pint of lager about whilst talking noisily into a mobile phone!

More details of the forum (although not this aspect) are on the wallpaper site - OvalWorld on the Net,  Come on the Rey section.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down