The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown Spoilers for 13/5/11.

+12
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
Kay Fabe
TSE
psycho-gooner
Chuck Norris
User Name
theanimal316
Jammy31
Mr H
Holymiky
Dx Dan.
16 posters

Go down

Smackdown Spoilers for 13/5/11. Empty Smackdown Spoilers for 13/5/11.

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 11 May 2011, 9:27 am

*Christian comes out and congratulates Randy Orton on winning the World title last week. He says he is looking forward to his rematch at Over the Limit. Sheamus, then Mark Henry come out and challenge Christian for his title shot. They work over Christian. Orton makes the save, setting up a tag match for later this evening.

*Sin Cara defeated Daniel Bryan. Chavo Guerrero, on commentary, distracted Bryan, setting up the win. When Cara sees what Chavo did on the Titantron, he shoves Guerrero down.

*Cody Rhodes pinned Ted DiBiase.

*Layla cut a promo saying she hurt her knee against Michelle McCool at Extreme Rules but that it was worth it, since she is gone from WWE. Michael Cole comes out and begins berating her. Kharma comes to the ring and lays out Layla, then goes after Cole, who hides in the Cole Mine.

*WWE Tag Team champion Kane defeated WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett by DQ when the Corre interfered. Ezekiel Jackson hit the ring but the Corre laid him out.

*The Great Khali does the Khali Kiss Cam and kisses a fan. Jinder Mahal comes out and smacks Khali for not taking his career seriously.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett challenges Ezekiel Jackson to an Intercontinental championship bout at Over the Limit.

*World champ Randy Orton & Christian defeated Sheamus & Mark Henry when Christian nailed the Killswitch on Sheamus as Orton hit Henry with the RKO.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoilers for 13/5/11. Empty Re: Smackdown Spoilers for 13/5/11.

Post by Holymiky Wed 11 May 2011, 9:34 am

Hmm was there no segments? Like backstage and stuff, that's odd for Smackdown!

There was no final decision on the world title match either by the looks, just a tag match and that's it.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 11 May 2011, 9:40 am

Possible Fatal 4 way Miky?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 11 May 2011, 9:41 am

Whoopie, another tag team main event. The booking on Smackdown recently, well pretty much all year, has been so lazy its unreal.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 11 May 2011, 9:43 am

True mate.

I'm not entirely sure where they are going with this Kane and Show VS Corre stuff, the only 2 who should be fueding with Kane and Show are Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel so what's the point in Kane and Barrett having a match.

If it is a fatal 4 way then who know's what will happen lol, could be interesting.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 11 May 2011, 12:20 pm

Am looking forward to seeing if there's a stipulation between Zeke and Barrett at Over The Limits.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 11 May 2011, 2:35 pm

Holymiky wrote:True mate.

I'm not entirely sure where they are going with this Kane and Show VS Corre stuff, the only 2 who should be fueding with Kane and Show are Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel so what's the point in Kane and Barrett having a match.

If it is a fatal 4 way then who know's what will happen lol, could be interesting.

Yeah i'm sick to death of Show & Kane vs Corre, and now they're doing the same thing on Raw with The New Nexus!, and yeah a 4 way would be interesting, I could definately see it as the the PPV of the same name got scrapped aswell. Only thing is, I don't want Mark Henry anywhere near the WHC, and another Orton/Christian match for the WHC would be a good watch.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 11 May 2011, 2:36 pm

I can't understand the logic in having Cody beat Ted with no build up on the mid card of a Smackers. Why not wait until they both become upper mid card wrestlrs then let them, fued then with their history? Makes no sense.

I am really worried about the roster for Smackdown. Think it really could have done with having Cena in the draft and another mid card guy like Morrison.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 11 May 2011, 2:39 pm

Jammy31 wrote:Am looking forward to seeing if there's a stipulation between Zeke and Barrett at Over The Limits.

Can't see it myself Jammy, probably just be a singles match.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 11 May 2011, 3:23 pm

Mr H wrote:Whoopie, another tag team main event. The booking on Smackdown recently, well pretty much all year, has been so lazy its unreal.

Exactly my thoughs, how many tag main events are there going to be, it's ridiculous.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Wed 11 May 2011, 4:32 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:
Jammy31 wrote:Am looking forward to seeing if there's a stipulation between Zeke and Barrett at Over The Limits.

Can't see it myself Jammy, probably just be a singles match.

I could see an ending where Slater/Gabriel turn on Barrett & align themselves with Jackson.

Back to Smackdown, sounded an awful show, seriously contemplating packing it in, where the Flip is the entertainment value?

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 13 May 2011, 10:56 pm

I just finished watching SD now and really enjoyed it. Cody/Ted both look alot more accomplished in the ring, hopefully this turns into a fued.

Bryan/Cara match was fantastic value for an undercard match on an ordinary SD show, overall a better show this week

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by TSE Sat 14 May 2011, 12:30 am

Why on earth did they make christian kiss ortons bum and have some form of love in between the two of them?

Seems like damage limitation from WWE for the way orton got bashed on twitter last week and all over the web.

Just waters down the product even more and kills any sort of hype for their rematch. They may aswell have had a kiss and a cuddle. Bloody ridiculous.

Have christian come out and bash orton into the ground and vow revenge, not this garbage.

TSE

Back to top Go down

Post by TSE Sat 14 May 2011, 12:31 am

Why on earth did they make christian kiss ortons bum and have some form of love in between the two of them?

Seems like damage limitation from WWE for the way orton got bashed on twitter last week and all over the web.

Just waters down the product even more and kills any sort of hype for their rematch. They may aswell have had a kiss and a cuddle. Bloody ridiculous.

Have christian come out and bash orton into the ground and vow revenge, not this garbage.

TSE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 14 May 2011, 1:31 am

I think people are being a bit harsh on the SD main events this year, Edge lost and won the WHC in a feud with Ziggler on SD! Christian and Del Rio had a good cage match then had another re-match which was also very good, they then had a 3rd match for the #1 contendership at Extreme Rules, then after Edge retired they had the Battle Royal for Edges spot then last week Orton won the World Title in a good match with Christian, I think its did more to try and hook viewers than RAW Rock apart

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 14 May 2011, 11:24 am

Chavo vs Sin Cara at Summerslam?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 May 2011, 11:38 am

psycho-gooner wrote:I just finished watching SD now and really enjoyed it. Cody/Ted both look alot more accomplished in the ring, hopefully this turns into a fued.

Bryan/Cara match was fantastic value for an undercard match on an ordinary SD show, overall a better show this week

Missed the Bryan v Cara match, but Ted v Cody was one of the best matches on SD this year.

They definitely fiddled the sound when Christian came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 14 May 2011, 11:52 am

Glad that Chavo is being seen more on Smackdown

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 14 May 2011, 12:15 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:I just finished watching SD now and really enjoyed it. Cody/Ted both look alot more accomplished in the ring, hopefully this turns into a fued.

I too enjoyed both matches, although I'm not sold on Sin Cara's finisher; his lucha libre style is entertaining but that finisher is just so unrealistic. I'm really happy Rhodes is being allowed to run with this gimmick; I said before Mania that he really needed to consolidate the character rather than drop it and he's really thriving now. 8)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 14 May 2011, 1:56 pm

TSE wrote:Why on earth did they make christian kiss ortons bum and have some form of love in between the two of them?

I think Christian is going to turn on Orton and go heel. They need a main event heel on SD, and it doesn't look like they are about to just dump Christian. He may well get a sustained run at the top here.

Then again, I thought that when he won the belt...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 16 May 2011, 4:49 pm

Just finished watching the show and the Sin Cara v Bryan and Rhodes v DiBiase matches were top notch. I think DiBiase proved something. I hope he gets a little more air time to prove himself further.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Mon 16 May 2011, 4:55 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Just finished watching the show and the Sin Cara v Bryan and Rhodes v DiBiase matches were top notch. I think DiBiase proved something. I hope he gets a little more air time to prove himself further.

Completely agree Steve, very good matches. Dibiase gets stick on here but I've always rated him highly and still expect him to headline PPVs in the future.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 16 May 2011, 6:18 pm

I think DiBiase is and always has been very average and I'd be amazed if he headlined a PPV without considerable improvement and even more surprised if it wasn't a multiman match, he is the definition of bland

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 16 May 2011, 6:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think DiBiase is and always has been very average and I'd be amazed if he headlined a PPV without considerable improvement and even more surprised if it wasn't a multiman match, he is the definition of bland

Is that him or his gimmick though? It seems as though they have tried to recreate the gimmick his father used and quite frankly that is always likely to be bland in this day and age.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 16 May 2011, 9:44 pm

You could have the greatest gimmick in the World but without personality it'd be hopeless, he has zero charisma, he wouldn't be on the roster if he wasn't a DiBiase

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down