The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS!

+6
The Last Outlaw
MetalMotty
Hero
Fernando
Uryu Ishida
x12x
10 posters

Go down

DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS! Empty DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS!

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:11 am

DEBATE-AMANIA RESULTS!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took the time to enter and vote, the standard was at such a high standard and some of these ended up close because of that standard...to clear a few things up:

* Names in red are the winners and through to the next round
* Scores in brackets are scores after any deductions have been made
* Some results have 10 votes and some have 9, the ones with 10 involve no voters

As I said, thank you for getting involved and I can't wait for the next round already, a few things are going to change to the original plan, check the rules earlier...now on to the results...we saw three results split by one vote...the first opinion of doom was defended successfully but due to not voting it claims it's first victim!

Smark chants hurt the product
ECW was a bad thing for the world of professional wrestling
Hulk Hogan has harmed professional wrestling more than he has helped it
WWE's wellness policy works
Uryu Ishida (Agree) v TopoftheChops (Disagree)
Dolphin Ziggler (Agree) v Adam D (Disagree)
Dr Gregory House MD (Agree) v MetalMotty (Disagree)
Paul Mac 6CW (Agree) v xviperx (Disagree)
X
X

Vince Russo doesn't deserve the criticism he gets
TNA has the potential to become the number one promotion
The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak should never be broken
OOD: The fingerpoke of doom was a good idea
Fernando (Agree 1) v JJJohnson (Agree 2)
Gregers (Agree) v Kayfabe (Disagree)
Hero (Agree) v KingRaf (Disagree)
Mr H (Agree) v The Great Marty H (Disagree)
3 (0)
4 (1)
6 (3)

Through to the next round:
Uryu Ishida, Dolphin Ziggler, MetalMotty, xviperx, Fernando, Kayfabe, Hero and The Great Marty H.

Opinions for the next round:
You no longer have to look the part to make it in the business
The Attitude Era is overrated
Independent wrestling is helped by the WWE and TNA
OOD: Mick Foley is nothing more than a glorified stuntman

Rules/Deadline for the next round
Opinions will be handed out tomorrow (Sunday 20th July 2013)
Opinion MUST be in by Midnight on Wednesday 24th July 2013
Voting will be open from the morning of Thursday 26th July 2013 until Midnight Saturday 27th 2013

Word count limit: 1000 words, you will be deducted 1 point for every 100 words over this limit (eg. 1174 words - 2 votes) (also you don't have to get near this limit, it's just a maximum.
Not voting will cost you 3 points and revealing your opinion before the results will take 5 points from you
No showing will be an instant DQ, the deadline will not move.

feel free to discuss the results!

Last edited by xviperx on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

x12x

Back to top Go down

DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS! Empty Re: DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS!

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:15 am

Competitors still in, pick a number between 1-8 and I'll hand your opinions out for you, with me taking the left over one.

x12x

Back to top Go down

DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS! Empty Re: DEBATE-AMANIA ROUND ONE RESULTS PLUS NEXT ROUND OPINIONS!

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:37 am

how in the hell did I win??? I'm stunned!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:05 am

Well we did have feedback from one person and their feedback for you was that out of the two arguments yours was more on the mark than the other...or more on the "smark" right?

drumroll 

So what do you think of the results? Any shocks? Any you think are just plain wrong? Which do you guys think was the best overall opinion? Think it's a shame that someone not voting took away their chance of beating the opinion of doom?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:52 am

ill take no.3 please surprised i won tbh Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:56 am

6 for me plz

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:07 am

I'll have 7 please, and suprised I won especially as I was up against Dr house

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:40 am

Just so people don't miss it, the remaining numbers are 1, 2, 4 & 8.

Left to chose are Kayfabe, The Great Marty H and Dolphin Ziggler...if there numbers left over I'll roll a dice to decide and opinions will be with you by midday (fingers crossed)

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:12 am

on the mark? I predicted people defying "don't try this at home" at the end...i thought after posting that I was done for.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:34 am

The votes don't lie haha!

I've decided that the word count will actually be 1000 words in the next round like I stated before, I want to really challenge you guys in this round!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Outlaw Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:48 pm

I will take 8 please viper. Totally shocked I got through (more by luck) It was a really tough one to work on, hoping I don't get opinion of doom again

The Last Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

Opinions have been sorted, will message people now with theirs.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:17 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:on the mark? I predicted people defying "don't try this at home" at the end...i thought after posting that I was done for.

I never voted, should just state that now but I found your argument very good until the whole violence thing.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

For Round Two I invite more people to vote...would like to get it so that it's the people involved plus maybe 4 other people?

Also just to let everyone know...my opinion is done for this round already...can you tell I'm motivated!?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

Yeah, the last line in your argument completely changed who I voted for Uryu!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:23 am

Deadline for Round Two opinions is tonight, got 2 out of the 8 so far...how likely is it that we'll be getting the rest tonight by midnight?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:18 am

Can you re-send my opinion please Viper, Cleared by inbox other day so its gone

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

Sent!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

With regards to the first round, I voted based on the arguments, not on what opinion I agreed with before an argument was made

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Outlaw Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:33 pm

Well I have sent my arguement in but not happy with it as it is a rush job due to not having the time i would have wanted to complete it.

The Last Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:58 pm

Announcement: I'm willing to extend the writing time until this Sunday...so anyone who wants to can go away and re-write, this also gives people a chance to get there's in!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:47 am

Ok so here is the current situation...we currently have entries from me, Nando, Kayfabe and The Great Marty H...I won't say if we have walkovers or not but with half of the people still to get in I'm not sure what to do.

I can extend the deadline and message everyone but I feel like I shouldn't have to chase everyone up, especially when people have ignored my messages in the last few days.

These are my options:

Wait until Sunday and then go ahead with posting what we have OR give some of the better "losers" a second chance?

Opinions?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

Hi, just got back from a loss of internet connection, bar my phone.

Just to say congrats to Motty, well played son

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:58 pm

Id say wait till Sunday and if its not done by Sunday then get the losers from the first round in.

Shame people aren't taking as much of an interest coz your lay-out is superb

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:03 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Id say wait till Sunday and if its not done by Sunday then get the losers from the first round in.

Shame people aren't taking as much of an interest coz your lay-out is superb

I'd second that

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down