The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 - What Needs Changing?

2 posters

Go down

F1 - What Needs Changing? Empty F1 - What Needs Changing?

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 pm

There was a time when innovations were the name of the game in F1 but stringent rulings and counter-appeals by teams against technology has changed a lot of that. Also the tyre situation is pretty ludicrous. What could be done to address this?

Well on the tyre front I'd open it up next year and invite a wider range of tyre manufacturers in so that each team has a chance to find a tyre compound that suits them best. Pirelli could be joined by the likes of Avon Tyres and anyone else interested.

As for the innovation side there must be certain ways to widen the parameters in car development and innovations. Now the FIA love their strict guidelines but how about if hey say that each team is allowed one form of innovation per season be that on the aerodynamic side or technical side - that could be left to the manufacturers choice and am sure it could all be controlled. That way it gives back a bit of creativity to each team.

All of this will never happen of course but do you think it would be workable and have any effect?

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

F1 - What Needs Changing? Empty Re: F1 - What Needs Changing?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm sure dyrewolf will have a view on this, which I would like to read. I think one, very possible change is replacing Webber with Raikkonen. That is a must. Watching Webber toil against Vettel for the last four years has been difficult to watch and the stats are not pleasant viewing with Vettel today making it 10-0 on head to head qualifying. Change is needed. In terms of aerodynamic and tyre changes, I can't see much happening as the rules & regs are pretty much set in place I would presume.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 pm

One violation per team though would allow some creative thinking on behalf of the teams though and I'm sure that could be managed/policed by the FIA who always carefully scrutinise each car in any case.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

The one main change id suggest which could change many things around the sport is the aerodynamics, reduce the aerodynamics and overtaking will become easier and maybe negate the need for DRS and KERS. Also would require more skill to drive.

I would also like to see the return of refuelling as this adds another layer of strategy to the races, slower cars can run longer etc as it used to be.

Also allow teams to choose whatever tyres they want to use out of the 2 compounds that Pirelli bring to a particular weekend and also not having to use both in the race. Either that or bring all compounds to the race and let the teams choose - but then logistically that could be very difficult.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down