The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread?

+12
ChequeredJersey
gregortree
Breadvan
BigTrevsbigmac
Ozzy3213
lostinwales
beshocked
Biltong
BamBam
bluestonevedder
Cyril
The Saint
16 posters

Go down

Article rating

Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_lcap33%Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_lcap11%Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_lcap22%Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_lcap11%Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_lcap22%Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Empty Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread?

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:00 am

Since his step up to professional rugby, straight from the Leicester Tigers academy Manusamoa Tuilagi has been heralded as England's midfield saviour. Midfield has no doubt been a weakness for England over the years, they've given us such partnerships such as Tindall and Hape. It's been said that Tuilagi was going to step in and turn around England's fortune, that he would slice up the opposition and score tries from everywhere. However his transition in to the international arena has not gone as smoothly as some had hoped. Yet it was still claimed that he would oust inferior, established centre's like Roberts, Davies and O'Drsicoll on the Lions tour. Looking forward Tuilagi may now have a new challenge in seeing off England rivals Barrit and Twelvetrees for the centre birth. All of this leads us to ask the question; Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread?

No, not according to Warburton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gkv1fJM5q8

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Empty Re: Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread?

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:05 am

Are you bored today, Gareth?

Congrats for getting the sliced bread/Warburton gag in there. I guess you used your loaf.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread? Empty Re: Is Manu Tuilagi the best thing since sliced bread?

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

Now this. This right here. This very topic. THIS should be topic of the year.

Another brilliant, literary masterpiece from the mind of Saint.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

You guys... Laugh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:14 am

In fact, here you go Saint. You can have my gold star.

Wear it with pride. You earned it.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

t1000 is going to be annoyed. You're on stepping on his poll.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

You mean to say, an international flanker actually successfully tackled a man????

Wow!!!!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Sliced bread is pretty fantastic. Wink 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:57 am

BamBam wrote:You mean to say, an international flanker actually successfully tackled a man????

Wow!!!!
I think it was actually Lydiate (wearing a Warburton mask) doing more of his 'unseen' work.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:08 pm

Manu's zenith was his performance vs NZ. He looked like the genuine article at centre in that match.

Unfortunately since then he hasn't quite hit the heights.

Still for a centre his try count is good. 10 tries in 21 matches.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

I often wonder why we hype up players.

Have any of you ever given it any thought?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm

Cyril wrote:
BamBam wrote:You mean to say, an international flanker actually successfully tackled a man????

Wow!!!!
I think it was actually Lydiate (wearing a Warburton mask) doing more of his 'unseen' work.

It's incredible. He almost just 'chops' the player down in their tracks. Takes their legs out, and 'CHOP'. They're on the ground. Player running, then 'chop chop'.

It would be rude not to invent a new name for this type of tackle, since he is the only player in the world who can do it, but I can't begin to think what it should be christened.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:11 pm

Bread-slicing?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

Lydiate and his unseen chopper?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

The Saint wrote:Bread-slicing?
When you have a freshly baked bread, breaking it open by hand to release that smell of fresh aroma is actually better than sliced bread, I think.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:13 pm

Chopping near you in 2014.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm

The Saint wrote:Bread-slicing?

Nope, doesn't work.

Bread slicing is actually an arduous task, especially when it is freshly baked and it crumbles a lot. What Lydiate does is so effortlessly efficient.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

Tuilagi shouldn't be an issue for us then, if we have Lydiate and Warburton playing.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:01 pm

The Saint wrote:Tuilagi shouldn't be an issue for us then, if we have Lydiate and Warburton playing.

Why would anybody be an issue for you Saint, you are after all the reigning moral world champions!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:07 pm

I think that title goes to England, Ozzy. After you morally won a test series in SA after you lost 2and drew 1. Let us not forget the Grand Slam you won, because Strettle actually scored a last minute try that if converted, would have got you the draw Smile.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:12 pm

The Saint wrote:I think that title goes to England, Ozzy. After you morally won a test series in SA after you lost 2and drew 1. Let us not forget the Grand Slam you won, because Strettle actually scored a last minute try that if converted, would have got you the draw Smile.
To be fair, Gareth, I think you've been the only one spouting this. You do spout it a lot though so I can understand if others thought it was being posted by a lot of people.

Doh (dough - to keep on topic)

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:15 pm

No it was spouted often in 2012. Can't see how we could be the moral world champions after that. We actually win things instead. Next Ozzy will be pulling out the village idiots of rugby gag.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

The Saint wrote:Next Ozzy will be pulling out the village idiots of rugby gag.
I think the horse has bolted on that one, Gareth mate.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

Is this topic now 'brown bread' ?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Is this topic now 'brown bread' ?
Roll on the 6 Nations eh?

My granary is bigger than your granary etc...

I think the OP is talking out of his wholemeal as usual.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Spouted by who Saint?? The only person that seems to be saying that is you. You're tossing all your toys out of the pram so often that you've finally managed to convince yourself of your own completely distorted suppositions. It's complete conjecture.

It's like you've got a rugby-news-mangling machine. You pull out an article, change 67% of the words in it, mangle the language around a bit, change all the proper nouns, and then think to yourself 'This shall be Saint's news for the day, and it is all FACT'.

Last edited by bluestonevedder on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Players aren't the village idiots. Recent titles prove that. Supporters however....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:24 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Is this topic now 'brown bread' ?

It was, though it is rapidly approaching granary stage

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:35 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:It's like you've got a rugby-news-mangling machine. You pull out an article, change 67% of the words in it, mangle the language around a bit, change all the proper nouns, and then think to yourself 'This shall be Saint's news for the day, and it is all FACT'.
Laugh He really does refer to himself in the 3rd person too. My niece does that. She's three.

"Saint need a poopie!"

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 2:05 pm

Stop derailing the Saint's thread.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 05 Aug 2013, 3:54 pm

rose rose Crumbs Gareth, I think you are toast.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm

It's a pretty passable tackle
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:26 pm

I'm board of these sliced bread puns already. If I were a mod, Id put the whole thing in the bin. One star.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:53 pm

Wow!!!!

Tom 'the best flanker in the world if you are english' Croft wouldn't have pulled it off

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:01 pm

Looseheaded wrote:

Wow!!!!

Tom 'the best flanker in the world if you are english' Croft wouldn't have pulled it off

His official position is Flinger
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:01 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I'm board of these sliced bread puns already. If I were a mod, Id put the whole thing in the bin. One star.

When it gets stale... Then it will go in the bin where you will no doubt be by then as well.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:14 pm

Crumbs!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:32 pm

Looseheaded wrote:

Wow!!!!

Oh look, McCain have made another large deposit of potato based snacks on a Welshman's shoulder!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:42 pm

Oh wow chips on shoulders. You don't hear that often on here!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 05 Aug 2013, 7:57 pm

Exactly. Croft is at yeast one of the top four flankers in the world. Any club with enough dough would gladly have him. I suspect he'll end up in a rich French club when he's ready for a raise.

I suggest posters contemplate that before they go off with half baked criticisms.

Ill get my coat.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:32 pm

Think you're selling Manu short a little here. Sliced bread is hugely overrated.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

Actually, this is a good point. Loafed bread that you have to cut yourself has been better 100% in my experience, in terms of bread quality, sliced bread sucks
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:54 pm

Indeed, loafed bread from the bakers is a vastly superior bread. Sliced and packaged may be reliable, but he's not a world beater.

I'd also have baguettes, garlic and naans in my starting XV over sliced.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:17 pm

I think he is too...sliced bread is so over rated these days.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:30 pm

And that's ignoring the fancy backs like Banana Bread and Gingerbread!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 06 Aug 2013, 6:45 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Actually, this is a good point. Loafed bread that you have to cut yourself has been better 100% in my experience, in terms of bread quality, sliced bread sucks

I don't think it's the sliced or unsliced that is the issue. It's that your average sliced loaf is more likely to be part of some long highly industrialised, cost driven scale-over-margin process. It's the bread that is sliced Nd the time it takes to get to you that means its likely to be full of preservatives and general crap:

E282 - Calcium proponoate (a toxic anti-mould and anti fungal) makes up around 0.1% of the average commercial loaf, enzymes "killed by the heat process but not required to be included in ingredients lists by EU law", emulsifiers, E920.

You can't compare that to a great hand kneaded artisan loaf made with pride and love and craftsmanship (or woman ship, reg) served up warmish from the oven, made with all organic ingredients with hints of flavoursome thrown in.

Last edited by GloriousEmpire on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Aug 2013, 6:47 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Actually, this is a good point. Loafed bread that you have to cut yourself has been better 100% in my experience, in terms of bread quality, sliced bread sucks

I don't think it's the sliced or unsliced that is the issue. It's that your average sliced loaf is more likely to be part of some long highly industrialised, cost driven scale-over-margin process. It's the bread that is sliced Nd the time it takes to get to you that means its likely to be full of preservatives and general crap.

You can't compare that to a great hand kneaded artisan loaf made with pride and love and craftsmanship (or woman ship, reg) served up warmish from the oven, made with all organic ingredients with hints of flavoursome thrown in.
I am salivating, just need one of those big tin cups filled with coffee, some real butter (not that margarine stuff) and a big fire to sit around and I am in Heaven.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 06 Aug 2013, 7:10 am

I can't drink coffee anymore goddammit. I've been feeling sick and dizzy, like really sick and dizzy for about 4 hours in the afternoon, then massively depressed and angry and then woeful and pitiful and then incredibly sleepy and then totally manic. And it turns out to be some intolerance to something in coffee.

I quit drinking it a week ago and I feel like a new person.

Shame because I love the stuff. I still hang out in Taylor's and Monmouth just to inhale the aroma.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 06 Aug 2013, 7:10 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:And that's ignoring the fancy backs like Banana Bread and Gingerbread!

Geez...only dreams when we were kids chequered...looked good through the window though!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 06 Aug 2013, 9:25 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:

I don't think it's the sliced or unsliced that is the issue. It's that your average sliced loaf is more likely to be part of some long highly industrialised, cost driven scale-over-margin process. It's the bread that is sliced Nd the time it takes to get to you that means its likely to be full of preservatives and general crap:

E282 - Calcium proponoate (a toxic anti-mould and anti fungal) makes up around 0.1% of the average commercial loaf, enzymes "killed by the heat process but not required to be included in ingredients lists by EU law", emulsifiers, E920.

Dammit I hate agreeing with GE. Been making my own bread for years - cant eat sliced bread at all. (And there are several kilos of Monmouth Espresso beans sitting in the freezer at home)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down