The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke!

5 posters

Go down

Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke! Empty Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke!

Post by VDT Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:40 am

I'm happy to announce we have another guest this week - Former Stoke and Burnley Striker Andy Cooke! If you have a question for him, please leave a comment or e-mail football@v2journal.com

We're also the return of Wolves legend Steve Daley to discuss Wolves start to season and his hopes of the season and we're discuessing our League 1 predictions - Who will will be Promoted and Relegated?

We want your favourite goal for Hampos question of the week,

His Wiki Bio

Cooke started his footballing career at Welsh semi-professional club Newtown. He was a prolific goalscorer in the Welsh Premier League which attracted the attention of several Football League clubs.Burnley signed Cooke in 1995 where he made 172 league appearances and scoring 51 goals forging a partnership with Andy Payton.

In December 2000 he joined the club he grew up supporting, Stoke City for a fee of £300,000. He spent two and a half years at the Britannia Stadium making 102 appearances scoring 23 goals before moving to South Korean club Busan I'Cons in 2003 along with fellow countryman Jamie Cureton.

On his return to England in January 2005, Cooke signed for Bradford City, playing 37 games and scoring 5 goals. He had a three-month spell on loan at Darlington before signing for Shrewsbury Town.

Cooke made his Shrewsbury Town debut on 26 August 2006 as a half-time substitute for Kelvin Langmead in a 1–0 defeat at Bristol Rovers. He started the next match, a 1–0 defeat to Lincoln City, and in his third match scored a hat-trick in a 3–0 win against Stockport County.

On 1 January 2007, Cooke scored his 100th professional goal during a 4–2 win over Stockport County. He also scored a hat-trick in that game, giving him the distinction of having achieved this feat both home and away against Stockport County in the 2006–07 season. Having failed to score for three months, Cooke came on as a substitute in the League Two playoff semi-final second leg to score both goals in a 2–0 aggregate victory over MK Dons.

At the end of the season, Cooke was offered a new one-year contract, but warned by manager Gary Peters that he would not be guaranteed a regular place in the first-team squad. Cooke decided to stay with Shrewsbury Town, and Peters went on to say that it would not surprise him if he ended the season as the team's top goalscorer.

Cooke scored twice in Shrewsbury Town's 2007–08 opening-day victory at Lincoln City, but then sustained a hamstring injury in a League Cup fixture against Colchester United three days later.He resumed full training in early December, and his comeback was complete when he returned to first-team action on 26 December 2007. Although he only played the first half against Stockport County, Cooke marked his return with a goal, his seventh in his last three games against that opposition.

On 31 January 2008, Cooke was set to sign a one-and-a-half-year contract with Notts County, but the deal fell through because of a "late hitch".

On 15 April 2008, Cooke was released by Shrewsbury Town by mutual consent, after being informed his contract would not be renewed. He trained with Kidderminster Harriers, but wanted to continue playing in the Football League; however, when no club came in for him, he announced his retirement as a player on 28 August 2008.

He came out of retirement in November 2011 to signed for his local club Market Drayton Town as a Director of Football and also as a player.

Have made or any feedback or thoughts about this weeks episode send them to football@v2journal.com or Comments below

You can also follow us on twitter @v2football
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke! Empty Re: Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke!

Post by CFCNick Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:21 pm

Question for Andy Cooke. What was the biggest challenge adapting to playing styles from Newtown to Burnley?

League 1 predictions. Brentford and Sheffield United up, Crewe playoffs. Gillingham, Coventry, Port Vale and Carlisle down.

Favourite goal has to be Robbie Di Matteo in the 97 cup final. JT vs Barca and Gronkjaer vs Liverpool are up there too.

Last edited by CFCNick on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke! Empty Re: Episode 10 of the v2football Show! Questions for Andy Cooke!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:08 pm

Question for Cooke - What is it like to play in Stoke? Cos both times I've been there it's a Poopie

League 1 predictions - Peterborough and Brentford to go up autos, Wolves playoffs. Coventry, Carlisle, Stevenage and Colchester to go down. Leigh Griffiths to be top scorer

Couple of favourite goals. First one would be Simeon Jackson's goals against Portsmouth and Derby, the ones that gained us promotion to the Premier League. Second one would be Holty's header at Anfield (yeah you remember that Hampo!), that was when I thought we announced our presence on the big stage. Third one is from a game I went too, which would be Steve Morison's equaliser at Arsenal (in the 3-3 draw end of the 2011/12 season), absolutely mental
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:16 pm

Think you might be too young Olly but do you remember this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-WJxeH6Uo

I was there. Cheapo FA Cup tickets! Haha

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:19 pm

CFCNick wrote:Think you might be too young Olly but do you remember this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-WJxeH6Uo

I was there. Cheapo FA Cup tickets! Haha

I have seen it yes.

What a genius that man was.

Although the defending was abysmal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

question for cookie - Will Ronaldo Return to OT?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:31 pm

Question for Cooke

Is Mark Hughes the correct appointment for Stoke and what are you're expectations for them this season?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:47 pm

Is Ozzy on the show this week?

If so, what on earth does Tony Mowbray have to do to be sacked?

Middlesborough have been utter pants for the whole of 2013, and it doesn't look like improving anytime soon...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:51 am

Please let us know if you any Wolves related questions for Steve Daley as well
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 07 Aug 2013, 10:07 am

I've got a couple for Steve. What was it like going from Wolves to City to Seattle? How did the Americans feel about "soccer" in the 80s? Were the Sounders back then as big in Seattle as they are today?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down