The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread

+4
x12x
Steel
Blade
JJJohnson
8 posters

Go down

The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread Empty The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread

Post by JJJohnson Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:20 pm

Date: To be announced
Start time: To be announced

Round 1

Keith Leone vs Mike Hill
Enforcer vs Geoff Steel
Logan Kincade vs Blade
Zach Corchia vs Blue Dragon
The Saint vs Christopher Moore
Lex Hart vs JJ Johnson
Clarke James vs Jack Hurst
Lucas Takeo vs Cameron Faith vs Liam Wood

Quarter Finals

Quarter Final 1
Saint/Moore vs James/Hurst

Quarter Final 2
Hart/Johnson vs Takeo/Faith/Wood

Quarter Final 3
Corchia/Dragon vs Enforcer/Steel

Quarter Final 4
Leone/Hill vs Kincade/Blade

Semi Finals

Semi Final 1
Quarter Final 3 vs Quarter Finals 1

Semi Final 2
Quarter Final 2 vs Quarter Final 4

Elite Heavyweight Final

*Winner is crowned "Best in the world" moniker as well as the Elite Heavyweight Championship and $1,000,000

Remember there is a 3 promo limit for the tournament and all RP's must be done by Monday 16th September

Good luck guys.

Last edited by JJJohnson on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread Empty Re: The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread

Post by JJJohnson Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:15 pm

*An announcement from The Agency (Creators of the Elite Heavyweight Tournament)

*This tournament will be staged in four locations around the globe, the identities of these locations will be kept secret until the day of the event. It is crucial to test all competitors abilities to adapt to an unknown environment.

*Jonathan Kelly and Donovan Franklin (Former announcers of EWF Wrestling) have been appointed to commentate for this event.

*Reporters on site are listed as follows: Hugh Cartwright, Carlton Jacobs, Kayleigh Reed and Jack Reynolds.

*The first day of the tournament is assigned for Monday 16th September with a start time of 11am sharp. The final of the tournament shall take place on Sunday 22nd September at approximately 8pm.

*The full schedule and running order will be published soon

*All first round matches will be competed with a thirty minute time limit and contested under one fall finish rules.

*Quarter Final matches will also have a thirty minute time limit but each match will be assigned a stipulation that will not be announced until the contest begins.

*Semi Final matches will have no time limit and will be contested under two out of three falls rules.

*The final will be a sixty minute Iron Man match to test the competitors to their ultimate limits.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread Empty Re: The Heavyweight Elite Trophy Draw & RP thread

Post by Blade Sun 25 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm

The scene opens up in the Sheffield's Star news paper waiting room and Blade is sitting down reading there latest edition Blade flicks through the pages and gets to the sports page and starts to read up on the write up of Bradford City Vs Sheffield United.

Bradford City 2 Sheffield United 0.
Nahki Wells’ record-breaking brace proved enough to settle this entertaining clash at Valley Parade.

The centre-forward became the first Bradford City player to score in eight consecutive matches when he threaded a low shot past George Long’s outstretched palm and just inside his far post during the closing stages of the first-half.

Sheffield United, making their fourth League One outing under the tutelage of David Weir, enjoyed several openings themselves.

But Wells condemned them to defeat when he converted again with only three minutes of normal time left.

City, who reached the Capital One Cup final last season before sealing promotion via the play-offs, are a club whose fortunes are on a steep upward curve.

Blade then slams the paper down on the sofa he is sitting on and looking really peed off with the result and makes a huge sign in frustration as his favorite team has lost yet again.

Blade: God damn it.

Blade screws up the News paper unable to finish reading the report and throws the paper in the trash can that is placed at the side of the sectary's desk.

The blond haired sectary looks up at Blade and is not amused by Blades loudness and gives he the dirtiest looks of all looks.

Sectary: Please Mr Blade can you please remain seated in your chair Mr Shields will see you shortly for your interview.

Blade looks at the sectary in disgust and sits down on the sofa A buzzer then comes from the intercom on the sectary's desk and Mr Shields can heard talking to her.

Mr Shield: Can you send Blade in please Sarah.

Sarah: Yes of course sir. Blade you can walk in now.

Blade stands up and walks over to the door of the office of Mr James Shield and well know reporter for the Star and main reporter for Sheffield United's match results.

Blade places his hand on the brass handle opens the door and walks in Mr Shield is sat down on a black computer chair and in front of him is a light brown oak table with a laptop in front of him opened up but switched off Blade walks over to Mr Shield and shakes his hand Mr Shield overs the chair in front of his desk and Blade promptly sits down and folds his arms waiting for Mr Shields to talk to him. 

Mr Shields: Thank you Blade for seeing me I know you are a very big fan of Sheffield United but I am a very big fan off wrestling I having been following you very closely Blade now you have a match in the heavyweight Elite trophy to determine who will be the best on the world how do you feel you will fare in that tournament?   

Blade: Thanks for having me Mr Shields always a pleasure to be in the presence of a fellow Sheffield United fan and wrestling fan and youe right I do have a match with a former enemy of mine and his name is Logan Kincade.

This man god damn near finished  my career and to this day I have never forgotta that and I will make him pay for all his wrong doings towards me and he will get what's coming to him.

I spent months and months in rehab getting my leg fixed and every time I was in there all I thought was about getting my hands on Kincade and this is the perfect opportunity to do just that.

Mr Shields: haven't you got to team up with him later on in the day Blade, Surely you wouldn't want to go into that match on a 2 on to 1 situation?

Blade: Of course not I will do my best not to kick to many teath down his throat but I can't say the same for Kincade he is one hell of a selfish git and only looks after number one.

He will say that he doesn't need any body to watch his back but we are facing two old buddy's of mine from the old 6cw and they are Keith Leone and my old tag team champion Matt Hill and they are the two of the very best and me and Kincade whether we like it or not have to work together to have any chance of winning and advancing to the semi finals.

But there will only be one person out of those four names that will get through to the final itself and that will be yours truly Blade.

Mr Shields: So you really think that you have a chance then Blade, their are some big names in this tournament to name a few JJ Johnson, Zach Corchia, Blue Dragon and Christopher Moore from Grindhouse wrestling do you really think you can out last all of those competitors?

Blade: Well you have got to be leave in your ability Mr Shields and if you don't just like in any sport whether its football, Snooker, Darts anything you will lose your confidence and you will fail so you have to be positive and then good things will happen and that is what's gonna happen to me and I will become the best wrestler in the world.

Mr Shields: Thanks Blade I will get the wright up done for the Star and will make sure they send you a copy and good luck for the tournament.

Blade: No problem Mr Shields and next time I pick up The Sheffield Star I want to read a better write up then the last one.

Both man stand to there feet as they shake hands Blade then turns to walk away and opens the door as Mr Shields in left watching Blade leave as the scene then fades to black.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri 30 Aug 2013, 6:15 pm

20th August 2013

The scene opens in an overcrowded room, with various apparatus of gym equipment scattered around, the walls of the room are covered in wrestling posters for some of the greatest shows ever created, the likes of Born in Fire and Night of Glory. Against one of the walls of the room is a large glass cabinet containing various title belts, each belt is sparkling not a speck of dust to be seen, some illustrious belts are amongst the collection on the top shelf displayed proudly are the 6CW Extreme title and Television championship belts, as we work out way down we see other belts such as the TWA world heavyweight belt and the 6WA world title belt and on the middle shelf of the cabinet the centre piece 6CW World heavyweight championship belt, all the belts have one thing in common the name plate belonging to that of Geoff Steel. As the camera pans further around a figure can be seen sat on a blue weights bench taking on fluids, his head covered by a silver hood, the man sits quietly and only the sound of his breathing can be heard.

A door to the room then opens and in walks a petit woman with long black hair tied up in a bun, the woman is wearing an ill-fitting T-Shirt displaying the 6WF logo, the T-shirt ends just above her knees with nothing else but skin on show, the woman walks towards the figure and sits on his knee removing the hood covering his face placing her arm around his neck, the camera then zooms closer in on the couple and it is revealed that the figure is indeed Geoff Steel, the woman kisses Geoff on the cheek, before standing and checking herself out in a mirror. A phone then begins to ring from a bag near the mirror and the woman picks it up playfully throwing it at Geoff which makes him smile, Geoff opens the bag and removes the phone, he looks at the phone with intrigue

Woman: Who is it?

Steel: Withheld

The woman walks over to Steel and once more sits on his knee; she removes the phone from his hand and declines the call.

Woman: Aint nobody taking you away from me today Geoff Steel, even if I have to hold you down and restrain you.

Steel once more smiles and kisses the woman, he runs his hand down her back stroking her hair, the phone then once more begins to ring and Steel grunts reaching out for the phone, but it is snatched from his grasp by the woman who this time proceeds to answer the phone.

Woman: Geoff Steels phone, I’m afraid he can’t come to the phone right now he’s a little tied up

Steel urges the woman to hand him his phone, but she fights against his efforts

Steel: give me the phone

The woman proceeds to have a conversation with the person on the other end of the phone, pausing between each word

Woman: I see. Yes. Yes. Certainly. I already told you he’s busy right now.

The woman’s eyes then light up, and she covers the microphone of the phone

Woman: I think you better take this Geoff it sounds important.

Steel smiles and shakes his head, he lifts the girl off his knee and then places her on the bench, he takes the phone from her outstretched hand and places it to his ear.
Geoff: Hello, This better be damn important.

Steel waits patiently as the person on the other end of the phone talks as a few minutes pass.

Geoff: oh a million you say no wonder you got my colleagues attention
Steel looks towards the woman who is grinning cheekily playing with her hair; he grins himself and shakes his head. Geoff then responds to the person on the phone.
Geoff: This all sounds wonderful and all, but all jobs need to go through my agent, besides I’m sure you are aware but at this moment in time I am contracted to 6WF I’m not entirely sure they would be too fond of me showing up on a rival show, even be it a one off, so as good as you’ve pitched this all too me I’m afraid it has been a waste of both you time and mine

Steel is then interrupted by his caller, his expression changes to one of disbelief and he begins to rub his head.

Geoff: They actually said that? You spoke to 6WF officials and then endorsed my participation in this tournament, not just mine but anybody on the roster who wanted take part; you are 100% certain of this? I’m sorry I’m just finding all this hard to belief, what about my other commitments?

Pause

So you want me to burn the candle at both ends work for 6WF and for you, you do realise this is one of the busiest times of the year for me, Destiny is only a stone’s throw away I can’t risk getting injured no matter how much I may gain from my participation.

Pause, Steel looks shocked by what the person is telling him

I’m not interested in what competitors you’ve got signed up from other federations, as much as 6CW used to be my home, this new company in no shape resembles that, all I want to know is who has signed up form 6WF.

The person on the phone reads out a list of names and which each name Steels interest seems to spark until the person reads the last name and a look of detest comes across his face

Im in, you don’t need to convince me anymore, there’s no chance I am letting anyone of those men take that title without getting through me first, I’ve proven on several occasions that I am the best in this business and I’m not going to let some pretender take that crown without having earned it, the money is a bonus nothing more, but I already have plenty of that, no I’m more interested in proving once and for all that I deserve my place at the top unequalled by my peers, this is one title Keith Leone will not stop me from taking. Now how do we proceed? Where do I sign?

The person on the phone speaks once more and Geoff shakes his head

Geoff: You’re not making this easy are you? travel half way across the world just to meet a representative to fill out the paper work, this can’t be faxed or emailed to me, I know you said the guy backing this tournament was traditional but I didn’t take that in every sense possible.

Pause

Geoff: No I understand, fine I’ll be there tomorrow have your guy waiting for me and if we can keep this between me and you for now I would appreciate it.

Steel then hangs up the phone and looks towards the women

Geoff: Looks like my plans have changed; I need to take a business trip.
The woman looks at Steel disappointed and he smiles back

Geoff: Maybe I can spare an hour though,

The two smile at each other as the scene begins to fade to black

******************************************************************************************************************************************

21 August 2013

The cameras begin to roll once and immediately we see a giant arrivals sign, there are people everywhere some pushing luggage on trollies, others dragging cases behind them, a man then passes the camera and we only catch a glimpse of him, his face identity is not revealed due to a baseball cap and dark sunglasses. The camera begins to follow the man; he is wearing a dark shirt with grey tracksuit bottoms, the camera continues in pursuit of the man and join him and several others gathered around a carousel as luggage makes it way around, above the carousel is another sign week reads Welcome To JFK International Airport, the camera films the man waiting as others start to disappear once they have collected their belongings, the man folds his arms clearly unimpressed by his wait, finally as he the crowd in dwindles to only a few the man makes a move for a black bag lifting it with ease from the conveyor. He places the bag down beside him and pops the handle up and begins to drag the case towards the exit.

The man step into to another room filled with people some excitedly queuing with their families ready to escape to a new destination, the cameras however follow the man and he walks in a different direction, we see a group of people dressed smartly in suits each carrying a sign with a name upon it, the man begins to survey the names and the camera picks up names like Gonzalez, Kline, White until it fixes upon one name Steel. The man the camera had been following stands in front of this sign a few other people in the crowd begin to take notice of the new arrival and the odd flash can be seen going off. The man in the baseball cap then begins to exchange dialogue with the sign holder who is a short balding man with a drawn out face.

GS: I guess you’re the representative I’m here to see, about our negotiation.

The man holding the sign looks a little star struck

Driver: Me? No sir. I am your chauffeur; I am under orders to take you to meet the representative at a secure location.

Steel looks a little angry at what is transpiring

GS: I was under the impression I was only to sign the necessary paperwork and then I would be on my way, I’m kind of on a strict timeline here, my next flight leaves in an hour and I’ve been told I would have to wait till tomorrow if I miss it, which would cause me some serious issues, is there no way we can do this right here so I can be on my way.

Driver: I’m afraid that is out of my hands, I just drive the cars; I have no authority to be changing plans.

Steel grows more frustrated

GS: Fine, where is this location you plan to take me too?

Driver: ohm its not far sir I’m sure if we hurry we can have you back here in no time

Geoff is clearly not happy, but complies muttering under his breathe

GS: Lead the way; let’s just get this over with.

The driver takes Geoff’s bag and the two men exit the airport into the pouring rain, Steel pauses for a second taking in his surroundings, before following the driver to his car, as the two men turn a corner several camera crews and reporters are already stood waiting ready to ambush, at the sight of Steel flash bulbs start to go off and reporters begin to jostle for positions thrusting their microphone into the face of Steel to his annoyance

Reporter 1: Geoff, Geoff what brings you to America, are the rumours true of a grand festival of wrestling involving the best in the world?

GS: No comment

Geoff and the driver desperately fight their way through the sea of journalists constantly bombarded with questions, a man in a brown overcoat with a goatee then forces his mic to Geoff lips

Reporter 2: Are you finally bringing your unique brand to the United States?

GS: No comment

Steel and the driver make it through the crowd but are quickly followed, another reporter sprints to Steels side and holds out a silver Dictaphone

Reporter 3: Mr Steel is it true that you divorce finally came through

Steel looks irritated and stops for a second staring into the eyes of the reporter

GS: NO COMMENT.

Steel then faces the rest of the gathered journalists and addresses them

GS: I don’t know what has got you all excited, I am simply here on vacation, to see the sights and to fit in a little retail therapy nothing more, I don’t know anything about a tournament I am a 6WF superstar and that is what I remain, I apologise if this has been a wasted journey for you this afternoon but there is no major story to be found here, I am just a man here to appreciate your great country and to take a break from day to day life, I hope whilst I am here you will respect my privacy and allow me to enjoy my time, Thank you no further questions.

Steel then turns away from the journalists leaving them discussing amongst themselves disappointed, the driver then continues to lead the way Steel just behind him. The two men approach a dark colour luxury Bentley, the driver then opens the backdoor for Steel who then enters the vehicle shutting the door behind him. The driver than makes his way to the boot and places Steel luggage inside before finally entering the car himself and starting the engine.

Driver: Well that was unexpected; I was worried we wouldn’t make it out of there alive
Steel shakes his head from the back seat and leans forward between the two front seats

GS: I thought I made it clear to you people that I wanted our agreement to be kept between ourselves; I certainly didn’t leak this to the press so that only leads one alternative. I don’t suppose you would know anything about this.

The driver turns his head slightly and catches Steels glance

Driver: Me sir? No as I said I’m just the driver

Steel laughs and nods

GS: Sure you are, well if you’re the driver I would suggest you put your foot down the sooner we get this done the sooner I can leave this godforsaken country

The driver now looks unimpressed

Driver: I would watch what you say around these parts we Americans are proud people

Steel shows no emotion

GS: I thought you said you were just here to drive; I would stick to doing what I know best if I were you.

With that the two men continue their journey in silence the camera stay with them for a short while filming Steel watching building go pass out of the window before it eventually fades to black.

******************************************************************************************************************************************
August 22nd 2013

The cameras begin to film once more, this time we are in a dark room the only light form that of a TV broadcasting some old wrestling show, form the lights of the TV we can see the room itself is quite compact with only a bed and a few cupboards, a pair of large feet stick out form the bottom of the bed, a lamp at the top end of the bed then begins to glow illuminating the owner of the feet. Geoff Steel is then visible, he rubs his eyes and looks at the clock next to him which reads 04:00 in neon green digits, and he reaches for a remote for the TV from a side cabinet and picks it up placing the television on standby. Steel then rummages down the side of the bed and pulls out a silver laptop placing it on his lap, he opens the laptop illuminating his face further, the camera pans round behind him so that it can see the screen.
Steel navigates around the desktop, he opens up his emails and begins to delete certain ones without even reading them, a box then pops up notifying him that he has one new email, Steel then goes back to his inbox and hover over the sender of the email V2WF talent relations. Geoff opens the email and begins to scan it the email reads

Dear Mr Steel

On behalf of V2WF and its partners, we congratulate on you participation on what is to be a festival of professional wrestling. You have been recognised for your skill in the ring and we are pleased you could find the time to join in our celebrations and hope you enjoy your tenure with our company.

Please find enclosed a schedule for the upcoming events, the first round draw has already been made and has already brought together some of the best in professional wrestling, The times and venues that will hold the first round contests have yet to be arranged and we shall notify you in due course.

We wish you all the luck in your upcoming matches

Yours Sincerely

Talent Relations

Steel begins to talk to himself out loud

GS: Do these people never sleep, best check what I’ve actually signed myself up for

Steel double clicks on the attached schedule bringing up the draw for round one, he draws his finger down the list searching for his name and then double taps on the screen when he finds it and sits quietly for a few seconds. He then picks up a phone from the cabinet and begins to dial then holds the phone against his ear.

GS: YO it’s me

GS: You’ll never guess who I’m up against first. I didn’t even know he wrestled anymore turns out he’s working in my old stomping ground; it must have completely passed me by, well aren’t you going to guess?

Pause, Steel smiles to himself

GS: Not even close, its Enforcer.

Steel laughs and the sound of laughter can be heard on the other end of the phone

GS: I now right they said when I signed up I would be facing the best in the world, I didn’t realise they meant of all time, you’d have to go back quite some time before Enforcer could have been deemed in the same class as me, honestly they must have been seriously struggling for competitors if that who they have resorted to, with a million on the line you would have thought people would have been champing at the bit to get a spot, that’s some serious money.

Steel pauses once more

GS: It’s not just Enforcer though, there are guys in this tournament I have never even heard of, so god knows where this company has been scouting the talent from, if these people are the best they must have been hiding under a stone for the last couple of years, let me ask you have you ever heard of Christopher Moore? Jack Hurst? Liam Wood? No me neither, they might as well just hand me the title and every accolade that comes with it now, who knows I might even enjoy this tournament a little pre Destiny workout help get me in shape for the main event.

The person on the phone talks a little but Steel doesn’t look as though he is listening, he is too busy looking at the other matches scheduled, his face then changes and he questions something that has been said

GS: What? Of course there are other 6WF superstars in the tournament, but trust me there is nothing I can’t handle, I’m Geoff Steel this tournament was made for me a chance for me to set the world on fire, to shove my name into the face of anybody who has ever doubted me. This could be my legacy, the first person to take eon all comers across the globe from every federation and walk out victorious; it’s never been done before and unlikely to be done again, before I was treating this as a joke but no I think this is something I want, something I need, you know me best you know when I need something I do whatever is possible to get it, aint nobody going to get in my way I promise you.

Look my flight leaves in a few hours, then I’ll be back on home soil, come pick me up from the airport around 5pm we have plans to discuss.

Steel then hangs up the phone and sits smiling to himself with his arms crossed just staring at the screen, he shuts the laptop but then quickly re-opens it and looks for one other name then begins to smile once more.

GS: Right to the end I see, how fitting it should be that way, see you in the final.

Steel then gets out of bed and begins to stretch out, he opens the curtains and surveys the outside world

GS: It’s been a pleasure America, but I’m afraid I have other business to attend
As Steel shuts the curtains the scene ends

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:05 am

Edit: After some thought I have decided to start my three promos again, sorry.

Last edited by xviperx on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:42 pm

The camera pans around a busy gym before focusing on a punch bag which is being mercilessly hit from the far side. The bag is swinging further and further with each punch and it begins to bounce slightly, the chain clanging loudly around the otherwise quiet gym. With a loud grunt the bag is hit upwards and as it comes back down the chain snaps sending the bag crashing to the ground.

The other people in the gym stop what they are doing and turn to stare at Enforcer, stood over the bag. He is wearing jeans and a vest and is dripping with sweat. As he looks at the gym he focuses on the camera and strides towards it.

E: You must be here from the v2wf Indian Summer tournament? Actually no need to answer that, 6CW are not dull enough to send anybody to pester me whilst I'm training. You're lucky today, I have a couple of things that I would like to get off my chest before the tournament gets underway.

I've seen the list of competitors and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. There are some names on there who I have had classic battles with over the years. I joined the Heavyweight tournament to inflict pain and suffering on as many of the big names as possible and they've all come out to play.

Now i will admit that some of the names are bigger than others, but I am an equal opportunity ass kicker so nobody need worry. I also see this as a form of community service, there are people on the roster with an impressive list of accolades, but some of them can't claim to have stepped into the ring with the dominant force of professional wrestling.

One such competitor is my first opponent, Geoff Steel. Now Geoff has list of accomplishments that would put many men to shame, but he has always managed to avoid me. He went to 6WF long after I had outgrown the company and when he was collecting belts in 6CW the company was nowhere near big enough to accomodate a talent like me.

I've seen his comments, that I'm passed it and old. I've heard it all before, usually from whoever my next victim is. What people fail to realise is that I am only just coming into the prime of my career, anyone failing to take notice of this is doomed to failure.

Steel, you have joined the tournament for the wrong reasons. You are looking to take home the million dollar prize, whereas I am here to prove definitively that I am the very best that this industry has to offer. Do not underestimate me, as I want a true test when we face each other. But be prepared to realise that your efforts and travel will prove futile as you will not be getting out of Round 1.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:48 pm

*The deadline for RP's has changed to Friday 13th September to allow people to get the promos done.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:59 pm

Our scene opens on a cold, wet, London road, as the camera pans the rain comes down leaving massive puddles along the floor, in the distance we see a figure running through the downpour with a determined look on his bruised face, as he gets closer we see the familiar face of the EWF World Heavyweight Champion, The Viper Liam Wood...the scars on his face from the previous two episodes of 6CW Anarchy still fresh as he continues to run at a blistering pace. The camera follows for a few moments before he reaches what looks like an old abandoned warehouse, the shutters covered in all types of graffiti and the few remaining windows cracked and coated in thick layer of dust. Wood pauses for a second, checking if the coast is clear before unlocking one of the shutters and climbing inside with a look of confusion on his face.

The scene changes as we join Liam on the other side of the shutter, the warehouse clouded in darkness, only the light from his phone illuminating his path. Liam walks cautiously for a few seconds before reaching for a large switch on the wall, he jumps back as sparks fly from the handle before the dull hum of machinery can be heard, seconds later the warehouse is filled with a dim lighting as we see Wood stood on the edge of a huge room, the room all but empty apart from a stool with a old brown briefcase in the middle, the look of confusion still stuck across Wood's face. He makes his way over to the case and carefully lifts the lid revealing a pair of tickets, a timer and an old mobile phone...Viper jumps as the timer reaches zero and the phone begins to ring.

???: So are you in?

Viper smiles and shakes his head as the scene fades to black
Suddenly text appears on the screen “Earlier that day”

The scene opens in the newly furbished apartment of the Viper Liam Wood, the camera pans around the room and we see The EWF World Heavyweight title proudly displayed above the champions bed, Liam and his girlfriend Emmy are fast asleep as Liam's phone begins to ring.
It rings for a few moments before Liam reaches out, putting the phone on speaker and lying back waiting for a reply, after a few seconds Liam is still waiting as the line is silent.

LW: Hello? Is anyone there?

???: Mr Wood, we have an opportunity for you.

LW: (Confused) Who is this?

???: We aren't allowed to divulge that information at this point but we have a chance for you to turn around the bad luck that you've been having since your debut at the hands of The Authority...a chance to prove that you are as you put it...the best in the business.

LW: Anyone watching EWF would have seen that I have nothing to prove, I held the TV Title from day one til the day that company died, I still hold the EWF World Title and no matter what the Authority do I'm not letting go of it...

???: That's all well and good but there are other benefits of taking us up on this offer

LW: Such as?

???: Well, if you do what you say you can do...$1 million will be yours

LW: Is that it? Money!?

???: What about the chance to prove everyone wrong?

LW: Everybody? Week in week out I have those fans chanting my name and telling me I'm the best in this damn business and it's because of one reason and one reason only...I am.

???: The fans might think it but The Authority clearly don't, also when asked about you...Geoff Steele didn't know who you were...he wrote you off and claimed that they may as well just give him the title.

Viper pauses for a few seconds with a look of determination on his face

???: We are looking to back the winning horse and we believe you may have what it takes...We've seen how good you can be and we know this could be the opportunity to put your name on the map...forget The Authority...forget the doubts...forget everything and just fight...do what you know you can do...win.

LW: I'm probably crazy for asking but where is it?

???: Once again we can't say Mr Wood

LW: So, I can't know who you are, where this tournament is or who I'm fighting and you expect me to be your man?

???: Well. Just to make sure we're putting our chips on the right man...we need you to show just how versatile you are...how far you'd go for success...to see if you truly are “the best”.

LW: You called me, why the hell would I need to prove anything.

???: Because we know you can't resist a challenge...Go to the front door, you'll know what to do.

The phone line goes dead as Viper lies back with a confused look plastered across his face, he gets up pulling on his old EWF hoodie before walking to the front door, the letter box stuffed with a brown envelope, pulling the envelope free Viper sits down revealing the contents.
Inside the A4 envelope is a picture of a man in his early 30's, a card for a boxing club and a scrap of paper that reads “get the key” on the one side and “Warehouse 15” and an address on the other...Viper stays seated for a few seconds before leaving through the front door, the screen once again goes black, followed by text on the screen “a little later”.

The camera pans along as we join Liam on a wet London back road, the boxing club card in his hand as he looks for a the building, after a few seconds he turns a corner and see's a run down facility with the logo on the card painted poorly on the doorway, making his way towards the door he's confronted by a large bouncer who just shakes his head, Viper ignores the warning and shows the guard the picture hoping to find the man in question, the guard laughs before pushing Viper back away from the door.

Guard: Tony's not taking appointments today, move on or be moved.

Viper begins to walk away to look for a rear entrance as he gets a text
“The best can surly deal with a little henchman right?”
Viper looks around confused, the feeling of eyes all over his as he makes his way back towards the guard, an ugly grimace begins to cover his face as he gives Viper one last warning

Guard: Look kid...are you stu-

CRACK! Viper delivers a huge right hard across the face of the guard sending him down to the ground before making his way in to the run down club, the crumbling shell hiding a grand hall full of blood stained rings and beaten up punching bags

As Viper walks amongst the rings a man can be seen stood at the end of the hall, he walks towards Viper and squares up to him, it's the man in the picture and he must be at least 7ft tall and just as wide, the man stares down at Viper and smirks.

LW: Tony I presume? *the man nods* This is going to sound strange but I got a phone call and-

Tony: You're who they sent!? Get in the ring

LW: Excuse me?

Tony: You'll be wanting this right?

Tony pulls a chain from his pocket revealing a key, he walks over towards the ring in the centre of the hall before rolling in, beckoning Liam to climb in with him. The two men stand in opposite corners as they begin to pace, Viper throws a punch but Tony is able to catch it, using Viper's momentum to toss him in to the turnbuckle before darting towards him aiming for a huge splash crushing Liam, he falls to his knees as Tony begins to pace the ring, talking to Liam.

Tony: You're who they expect to win this!? They told me they had found the “one”, they said that you'd be able to get through me without breaking a sweat but I guess 6CW just doesn't make them like they used-

A huge crack is heard as Liam launches across the ring hitting Tony with a huge Yakuza kick taking the monster off his feet, Viper attempts to land some ground and pound but Tony is able to throw him off causing Liam to roll back to his corner of the ring, Tony pulls himself up still groggy from the kick from Liam, he talks again, attempting to buy some time

Tony: (Breathing heavily) Not bad but you haven't done enough yet, if you really want this key then you're going to have to tear it from my lifeless body.

Viper smiles at Tony as they begin to pace, Tony goes for a shoulder barge but Liam manages to twist out of the way sending Tony bouncing off the ropes on his return he is met with a huge European uppercut from Liam rocking the big man, he sways but manages to stay on his feet, Liam pauses for a few seconds before bouncing off the ropes and returning with another European Uppercut, once again Tony sways but stays on his feet, clearly dazed. Tony attempts to come back throwing out wild strikes that Viper manages to duck returning with forearm smashes on his own, Tony somehow still on his feet, Viper suddenly bursts towards the turnbuckle using it to hit a springboard European Uppercut sending both men crashing down to the matt, Viper gets to his feet as Tony tries to pull himself, resting for a few seconds in a kneeling position, Viper smiles pulling Tony up in to a pedigree position before jumping up landing both feet on the back of his head sending Tony crashing face first to the matt with Viper's weight crashing down on top, the impact knocking him out cold.

Without a second to lose Viper snatches the key from Tony's pocket and leaves the hall, as he leaves his phone receives another text that reads
15:00, one minute late and the opportunity is gone.
The scene fades to black again and the text pops up “Present moment”.

We once again join Viper stood with the phone to his ear and a smile on his face, he takes a few seconds to think before replying to the person on the phone.

???: So are you in?

LW: I'm in.

The scene ends with Viper stood in the warehouse as the phone goes dead, he takes the tickets and places them in his pocket before leaving the area, the scene fades to black.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

The camera cuts to a press conference area filled with various reporters and interviewers from wrestling federations. On the stage there is a large v2WF flag draped as a backdrop and in front is a large table with seats for three people. The anticipation in the room grows as time passes before eventually the room goes silent as a large man in a suit walks into the room closely followed by another smaller looking man. Both men sit in the corners of the table as Keith Leone then walks out onto the stage, his hood covering most of his head. Leone goes to the table and sits on the central chair and remains silent as the smaller man begins to speak.

Man: Ladies and gentlemen my name is Jack Reynolds and I will be the representative on behalf of both 6WF and Keith Leone in tonight’s press conference.

Leone then turns his head to look up at Reynolds and for a brief moment there is complete silence before Reynolds mouths “because the boss says so” to Leone, as he then turns his head back down towards the desk.

Reynolds: OK without further ado I think there is a question from a Mr Andrews first.

A well-dressed reporter then gets to his feet in the room and adjusts himself before speaking.

Andrews: Thank you Mr Reynolds, Keith Leone; you have often referred to yourself as the best around in the past so it was of little surprise to the wrestling community when you entered yourself for this Heavyweight Elite Trophy, but do you honestly think you can hang with the other men in this tournament anymore.

The reporter then sits down but Keith Leone keeps staring down at the desk. There is no reaction for a few moments as Reynolds then tries to get Leone’s attention, but he’s pushed away by Leone, who now begins to speak.

Leone: You know what, no; I’m not ready to fight all of these guys right now. I’m sick and tired of people coming up to me and asking why I’m not the champion that I once was, I mean there isn’t a week that goes by where some fan doesn’t come over to me and ask, “Hey Keith, why can’t you fight an entire army by yourself anymore?” Do any of you realise exactly how much I gave to this business only for it to spit back in my face when all was said and done? My career and life have been shortened because of the risky matches I’ve had, I’ll probably be in a wheelchair the wrong side of sixty due to the beatings I have taken, and yet the business and people still want more from me, it still wants me performing in a manner that most other men could only dream of. But you know what; you’re all damn right to expect that from me. (Leone now looks up at the people, his face now visible underneath the hood) I didn’t get into wrestling because I expected to be given some slack; I never thought this was the easy option or a cheap way to get famous. I knew that I was going to have to bite, scratch and claw my way to the top and I sure as hell wasn’t going to get anything for free, but along with that I knew that just because I’d finally reached the top didn’t mean that I could stay there unopposed forever. I did make it to the top and you all bore witness to that, in 2012 nobody could touch me, I was king of the world, but now I’ve slipped back down. I’ve tried to be the best but there are no titles for the guys who try but just can’t succeed. Now it is my time to reclaim my seat at the top of the wrestling world though. I can bring back the Keith Leone who didn’t need help in his endeavours; the Keith Leone who even the bravest of competitors began to tremble when they read that they were facing him in a match on that particular week. Soon you will all bear witness to the return to greatness for Keith Leone.

Leone stares out intensely as some of the reporters scrawl down notes and takes a minute for Reynolds to remember his job, as he then stands up and speaks again.

Reynolds: Uh yes… I think our next question is from Ms Davies

An equally well presented woman then stands up among the reporters; however she’s much more direct than her male counterpart.

Davies: Keith Leone, it is all well and good saying that you’re going to be getting back to the top, but have you even thought about your opponent Mike Hill? Do you really think you can stop the man who many people are calling the best wrestler in this tournament?

Leone: First of all I am well aware that Mike Hill is currently hot property in 6WF, but does that really mean much in the grand scheme of things?

Reynolds suddenly has a panicked look on his face as he leans over and starts whispering into Leone’s ear but Leone then pushes his head away and glares at Reynolds.

Leone: I’m representing 6WF in this tournament and I’m going to bring the trophy back to 6WF as well, however I won’t be your poster boy.

Reynolds sinks back into his seat as Leone then turns his attention back to the reporters.

Leone: What I was going to say before I was so rudely interrupted is that does it really mean much when so many other men have been the talk of the month only to then fade into obscurity? GDC, Sky Dynamite, Diesel; all guys who people ranted and raved about for a month or two but ultimately did nothing but write themselves into the big books of wrestling underachievers. Mike Hill is obviously different though, a two time World Champion, multiple reigns with singles and tag team titles whilst in 6WF and 6CW, but the fact still remains that he has never maintained a constant high level of competition. Mike this is nothing personal against you, I’ve had nothing but respect for you from the first time I stepped foot in 6WF, but some men are destined for greatness and some are destined to watch the great surpass them. Look at the names you’ve helped make; TGA, Crime Lord, JJ Johnson, Cassius Zhi, etc. Each and every one of those guys has become a legend in their own right, and in turn you have as well, just not in the same regard as them. They will be remembered as the elite in 6WF, the men who shaped the company into the powerhouse it is today, whereas you’ll be the guy who tried so hard but never attained the greatness you deserved. In fact, in ten years’ time I doubt the fans will even remember Mike Hill, you’ll just be spoken of in hushed tones by the most diehard fans who’ll talk about you as one of the most underrated wrestlers. Then again though guys like JJ and Cassius will be thought of in the same regard as you once I’ve finished my goal of achieving true immortality in this industry. All of those guys that you helped push really needed your help to make that next step up, and that’s the difference between every guy you’ve faced so far and me. I only need you there as people just aren’t that interested in watching me beat up a punch bag. I mean whether the fans love you or hate you, everyone loves an underdog story, so seeing a guy like you succeed on certain occasions is truly heart-warming, unfortunately for you though, I was that kid in school who never believed the fairy tales I was told. In our match in the first round, I’m going to walk out to a group of sceptics in the crowd, and then walk back to the backstage past a crowd of horrified believers as they help to carry you to the back. I respect and admire everything you’ve done for this company Mike, but I’m going to do everything necessary in order to put myself back at the top, and if that includes crushing your newest dreams, then I won’t hesitate in doing so.

Everyone seems to be in a stunned silence as the reporters once again begin to write down notes before Reynolds stands up once again and addresses the crowd.

Reynolds: Right I think we have time for one last question, uh… Mr Peters, the floor is yours.

A slightly bedraggled looking man gets to his feet, a few papers in his hand which he is desperately trying to control as he stands. He looks through each paper frantically before he finishes on one finally.

Peters: Keith Leone, people have asked you about your opponents, asked if you realistically think you can win this tournament, I wanted to ask with all of this talk of corruption and you not being at your best, how are you going to win this tournament?

Leone seems to seriously ponder the question as he then drops his hood and looks around the room, before focusing back on the reporter and speaking.

Leone: Wow, it has taken enough time but finally one of you bunch of hyenas have actually asked a good question, but I don’t have a good answer for it. I mean you look at the guys who are entered into the tournament and it’s hard to think of a group of people who have more talent. There are high fliers, brawlers, powerhouses, monsters and everything in between. There is no way to go into this tournament with a game plan as it may well work on one guy but’s pretty damn unlikely to work on the next. The only thing I really can say is that you look back in my history and you’ll be able to see that overcoming the odds has been a habit I’m quite accustomed to. I’ve taken on lunatics in street fights and come out alive, I’ve fought an army of superstars led by a federation owner with a god complex and I came out victorious. At every stage of my life, I’ve been thrown fast balls to try and stop me from getting further, but each and every time one has come my way I’ve knocked it straight out of the park. In this tournament, one way or another, I’m going to beat each and every superstar that gets in my way and when it’s all said and done I will hold up the Heavyweight Elite Trophy and demonstrate exactly why I am the best, now if you don’t mind, I have some training to attend to.

Keith Leone stands up from the table and puts his hood back up before quickly walking to the back as reporters try and get more questions in but are ultimately ignored. Jack Reynolds then gets up flanked by the large suited man and walk out closely behind Leone before the camera cuts away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

Three Months Ago...

A phone is ringing in the background of a disgusting flat, takeaway boxes line the floor, papers are thrown everywhere, the chair in the room is covered in clothing, the TV is on but nobody is watching. Suddenly the clothing on the chair starts to move, and it's clear that it's actually a person. They have a scruffy beard, long hair and look awful. It's only with close inspection that you can see it's actually Zach Corchia. He shakes his head to wake himself up, the curtains are drawn so it's impossible to see what time of day it is. He manages to answer the phone, hidden under a pizza box just in time. 

ZC: He-hello? 

???: Zach...we have a proposition for you.

ZC: What? Who the hell is this?! Why are you ringing me in the middle of the night?

???: Sorry...unless we're very much mistaken and you've moved countries in the last few months, it is currently 3pm. 

ZC: Oh right...well whatever, what do you want? Who are you?

???: It's been too long since you last wrestled Zach, you need to get back into it, back into the game, the thrill of the crowd, the ecstasy of winning, we're going to give you the chance to have that all back in a huge tournament.

ZC: Not interested. I retired.

???: We know your dad died Zach, we're very sorry about that, but wrestling is your passion, you could make him proud.

ZC: I hate to break it to you, but I'm not in fighting shape mister. Retirement and grieving have not been good to me, I've aged ten years.

???: Zach, stop making excuses, get into a gym and we'll see you in September. None of the big names are missing this tournament...JJ Johnson, Keith Leone, The Saint, Lex Hart.....Geoff Steel. They're all there.

ZC: I'm in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Months Later (August 2013)...

Zach Corchia is in a gym, and has been clearly had at work, he is now clean shaven, has his usual spiked hair and is in the best shape of his career, bigger than he has been in the past, his feet movement as he punches the punch bag show that he's lost none of his agility. Zach is sweating as he starts kicking the bag and punching it at rapid speed, the other men in the gym have stopped doing their exercises to admire Corchia who is totally concentrated on his exercise. He finishes and stretches off his muscles, a big smile on his face, the vest he's wearing soaked in sweat. He turns to his personal trainer.

ZC: I'm ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st September...

A small arena is packed full, and the ring reveals why. The ring aprons have "Zach Corchia - The Real Deal" plastered all over them with pictures of him. This is obviously a small time operation as there are only about four cameras, despite this there are at least 2000 fans in attendance. The crowd give a massive cheer when ' Can't Stop' is played out. Zach Corchia appears on the makeshift stage at the top of a small ramp. He raises his arms in the air and shouts "I'm back!" Corchia sprints down the ramp and slides under the bottom rope. He runs around the ring, clearly pumped and jumps up to the middle rope and raises his arms in the air. Zach takes a microphone.

ZC: Ladies and gentleman...welcome to Zach Corchia's 'Welcome Back' show! 

The crowd give a big cheer and Zach smiles.

ZC: Now, I'm not going to be wrestling tonight I've got save myself for the Elite Heavyweight Tournament! 

The crowd give another cheer.

ZC: What you're here for, why you bought the tickets, why you're wearing my t-shirts, my hats, carrying the lunch-boxes with my face on it, the balloon with my face on it and whatever else is being sold with my face on it...sex-dolls is the newest one apparently...

The crowd laugh with Zach.

ZC: What you're here for is an explanation. An explanation why since I was in 6WF I dropped off of the face of the earth, why I didn't turn up in EWF or 6CW, why I didn't try and get back into 6WF. Why I gave up. I am so sorry guys...I realise now that I should never have left, that wrestling is my life. I'm only 21, but I feel about 40. Since my first days in TWA, my eager eyes wide open I was not prepared for the wrestling life. I was off touring, away from my family, away from my dad but it was alright, I was a success, world champion almost immediately, I had it all, my dreams come true and then I was hit with a culture shock...wrestling is brutal...dog eat dog and I wasn't prepared. Fresh from school, this brutality hit me hard and I was not expecting it. Screwed over repeatedly, my dreams shattered, my hopes destroyed, time and time again I was treat like Poopie and I had nowhere to turn, no friends, no family no nothing. 

I loved wrestling, I loved the crowds...I hated the world I had to live in to be able to enjoy it. I hated the life I would have to live to entertain you guys. TWA folded, I was glad for the fresh start. 6CW and 6WF followed, neither brought me what I wanted, I was loving entertaining you guys, loving being the star of the show, hearing my name chanted. But it took so much from me, I was being attacked from behind, screwed out of championships, beaten down and given no chance to get back up again. 

This is not a sport...this is a battleground. 

I went home, I started to reassess my life and then my dad...my dad...he died. 

Zach rubs his face, clearly uncomfortable and upset.

ZC: I had spent so long, two years chasing my own dreams I had forgotten what mattered and my dad dying hit me hard, I never got that chance to connect to him as an adult. It was taken from me, just like the wrestling world had taken away my championships, I was hit down, just like when I was attacked from behind. I became a recluse, my living room became my wrestling ring, I simply sat and wasted away. 20 and broken. 

But I don't want this to be a sad tale, I don't want to make you guys cry and feel sorry for me, I don't want the guys in this tournament to think I'm soft. My dad died, it broke me but one phone call changed all that, this tournament has changed all that. I have something to fight for. I will connect with my dad, I will connect with him by doing him proud in this tournament, by winning this tournament. I will show him that I am the son possible, that his hard work raising me was justified. My dad's death made me realise that the real world is just like the wrestling world and I can't just mope and feel sorry for myself, I've got to get back fighting. No matter how times I am screwed over, no matter how many times things are taken from me or I'm attacked from behind I just can't stop! 

I have to keep going, keep fighting, for me, for my dad, for you guys. I used to say that I was "The Real Deal"...only now do I truly believe it. I was invited to this tournament because I am one of the world's best wrestlers, I might not have wrestled for six goddamn months but I'm still better than Blue Dragon, still better than JJ Johnson, than Keith Leone, than Lex Hart and I'm certainly better than that son of a bitch Geoff Steel!

The crowd give a massive cheer for Zach Corchia as gets pumped talking about his long-term rival.

ZC: For some, this tournament is a last hurrah, their last chance to be in the spotlight before they fade away or go behind the scenes or become general managers. For me this tournament is a new beginning, a fresh start and I am going to win it to prove that I am the best in the business. Then who knows where I will end up...6WF, WWE, 6CW it doesn't matter where the hell my life takes me because I am never, ever going to stop, I just can't stop wrestling.

Zach throws the microphone away and lifts his arms in the air as the crowd goes crazy, he climbs up onto the corner, rips off his jacket and throws it into the crowd, pulls off his vest and throws it into the crowd. He starts beating his chest as he is ready for the tournament.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

Our scene opens in a large conference centre, the camera pans around showing a room full of seated journalists talking amongst themselves and a big banner behind a podium that reads “Indian Summer 2013”. The talking stops as a clapping takes it place, the camera focuses on the door as the EWF World Heavyweight Champion The Viper Liam Wood walks through wearing an I Killed The Prom Queen hoodie covering a 6CW T-shirt, he poses with his World Title for the photographers in attendance before taking his place in front of the podium, the applause dies down as the journalists take their seats once again.

Host: Ladies and Gentlemen, today I give you one of the men who will be taking part in a once in a life time opportunity...a chance to prove to the world that you are the best at what you do, a chance to face off against some of the greats and to make sure you're remembered as one of them....I give you, the EWF World Heavyweight Champion...The Viper...Liam Wood!

The journalists give another round of applause as Viper takes his seat on the stool, placing his title belt on the podium in front of him awaiting the questions from the media, they raise their hands in to the air as Viper points to a man at the front.

Journalist 1: Hello Mr Wood, as we have just heard you will be part of a ground breaking event in the history of professional wrestling, how do you respond to the people that think you don't quite deserve to be a part of a competition that has such legends as JJ Johnson, Lex Hart or The Saint? As a relatively new name to the world of professional wrestling do you believe that you deserve to be a member of this competition?

Viper: You're right, it's a list of legends...men who have taken this sport and made it what it is...do I deserve to be in that list? Men who have graced rings all around the world and can easily claim to be legends...do I deserve to be on a list with them?

Viper pauses for a second and smiles as he continues to talk.

Viper: You're damn right I do, I might be the new boy on the list but I'm the future...people claim that they know nothing about me but I can damn well guarantee that when I step in to the ring with those guys, it doesn't matter if they're a legend or not...they'll see why I've been invited to this tournament. In the 7 months I was part of EWF I held the TV Title from day one to the day the company died, I was the captain of team EWF, the first ever man to hold a title...the first ever double champion and if you look in front of me...I'm the current EWF World Heavyweight Champion...

Journalist 2: Does the fact that one of the number one contenders for your World Heavyweight Title is part of the tournament worry you?

Viper: Enforcer might be a thorn in my side in 6CW but without his precious Authority wiping his ass or Costello helping him out I just don't see it going very well for him...I actually hope we get to go toe to toe, it'll be nice to be able to kick his ass and know I'm not going to get jumped from behind...I've checked the schedule though and for me and him to face off he'll have to try and join me in the final so I think I'll be disappointed when I win it all without getting to kick his ass.

Journalist 2: So you're feeling confident then Liam.

Viper: Arn't I always!? To be honest, I already know that I'm the best in the business...this just gives me a chance to prove it...the funny things is...I'm already being overlooked by people because they can't be bothered to do a little research...they can't take the time to look me up...they won't know what hit them.

Journalist 1: Don't you think you're overlooking them though if you're already confident of winning!?

Viper: Not at all, I've watched hours of footage of these guys...I know most of their move sets better than they do. Don't get me wrong though, I know that I'll be challenged by each and everyone of them but I also know what I can do...I knew it the day I started wrestling when people overlooked me for being a pretty boy and I still know it now I'm the champion...I come across as confident and cocky but the truth is...if you had as much raw talent, as much raw power and as much raw motivation to prove everyone wrong that I did...you'd be cocky too.

Journalist 3: How do you feel your first match will effect you, as we have heard the first time you step through the ropes it will be as part  of a triple threat match against Lucas Takeo and Cameron Faith...do you feel angered by the fact that you'll be taking on two men while others will have straight forward one on ones to deal with?

Viper: Obviously it's a challenge and I'll need to hit the ground running but I think that's what Indian Summer is all about...pushing yourself to be the best you can be...to show the world why you're part of this and to take that title at the end of it...from day one I've told people that I can overcome everything, that I was writing a legacy for myself...this is all a part of it.

Journalist 3: Surly the money at the end is the real reward?

Viper: It depends why people are in this I guess, I've never been one to chase money as a goal...when I came in to the EWF there were guys more worried about their contracts than these titles...they thought that having more zeros at the end of your salary meant that you were more successful but the thing is...those guys never lasted...they spent more time partying and trying to be celebrities than they did training and when they finally stood in the ring with a real wrestler, they lost, they realised that they weren't cut out for this and they packed their expensive bags and left...leaving the fighting to the men.

Some of the fans invited to the conference begin to clap before being hushed by security, Viper laughs before continuing.

Viper: You see, in 5 years time people will look back at this tournament and I want them to remember me lifting that title above my head...not a picture of me falling out of some over priced club surrounded by people who only want to spend time with me before I've got another million in the bank...if I win then the money won't be the thing that makes me proud...it'll be the three count that seals the win and knowing that everyone who doubted me as an “unknown” will never forget who I am ever again.

Journalist 2: So what will you do with the money if you win?

Viper: I haven't really thought about it, I've got my home, I've got my dream career, I've got the fans and I've got a girl that loves me...what more could I want? The money hasn't crossed my mind...like I said, I want more than possessions...I want eternal glory, I want to push myself...I want my legacy to continue as strong as it started.

Journalist 5: As you've said the tournament is going to be a challenge, the stipulations for the Quarter Finals will be a mystery until the event itself, how do you prepare for not knowing what you'll be taking part in?

Viper: I don't think you can be and I won't be focusing on random stipulations or letting them get in my head, I'm going in to Indian Summer ready to fight and I know that's all I can do...I won my title in a War Games match, a match that you can't prepare for but at the end of it all...I was stood tall as the champion...Indian Summer will look just like that.

A man comes through the door and whispers to Viper who nods in agreement before saying his goodbyes.

Viper: I guess that's my queue, the next time you see me I'll be the one holding that title over my head.

The scene fades to black as Viper leaves the stage through an exit at the back as the journalists and fans give a round of applause.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

Jack Reynolds is walking backstage his face beaming from this exciting new venture.
Having already interviewed other new faces as well as more familiar ones, his face drops when a familiar hooded top appears down the corridor.

JR: Oh god...... oh god.....

The camera zooms in on the front of the hoodie showing the words 'MASTER OF PUPPETS'. The camera pans up to show half of a man's face light to the bridge of the nose, his eyes in shadow. One side of his face has war paint roughly drawn in a tribal pattern the other is heavily scarred.

The man pulls his hood down to show his bald head and the extend of his scar which mirrors the war paint on the opposite side. His right eye is damaged and white clearly from the same injury that scarred his face. He recognises Jack Reynolds as a sick smirk spreads across his face.

LK: Well well well...... Jacky boy am I glad to see you

JR: L...Logan... hows it going?

LK: Well Jacky boy, things were going great, I mean, I am number one contender for the 6WF World Title. I am the longest reigning Hardcore Champion of all time. I am one of the most feared superstars alive, I put people on the shelf to the point where their only option is to compete in pathetic half a***d local promotions.... yeah, it was going perfectly well..... Then I heard that this little tournament was happening, and rightly I dismissed it out right.... then a name came up...... a name that caught my attention.

JR: You mean Blue Dr....

Logan puts his hand on Jack's mouth before he can finish.

LK: DON'T!..... say that name to me, THAT TITLE IS MINE! His name is Damien, you will refer to him as that and nothing else you understand?!

Jack nods as Logan releases him and he rubs his jaw.

JR: So you are here to fight Bl.....Damien on your way to winning the tournament? You have Blade in your opening match

LK: Hahahahaha..... no no, I am here to beat Damien full stop. I could care less about anything else. I want him to know he is not safe from me ANYWHERE, so if you see him, and I am sure you will, tell him to get ready. Logans coming for him. If I have to go through people to get to him, so be it. Blade will fall. ALL...Will fall until I reach Andrews...

Logan walks off as Jack looks on before the show goes to commercial

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:54 pm

*The scene opens up with JJ Johnson sat in front of a room full of fans and press, hyping the upcoming “Elite Heavyweight Tournament”. JJ is looking up at the posters, which depict himself and a few other choice competitors in the tournaments. His eyes narrow as he listens to the next question that is directed at him.

Reporter: JJ…there are rumours doing the mill that the tournament is on the brink of cancellation? Can you confirm or deny that rumour?

JJ: Nobody said anything to me, I mean we are so close now to finding out who the “best in the world” really is….why call it off now?

Reporter: There are reports that only seven of the seventeen superstars that signed up to this tournament have actually shown up at the training camp…surely it would be a huge blow to the success of this event if such a small number took part?

JJ: That’s something your going to have to take up with the guys running this show, I’m here for the tournament and despite popular belief, I’m not in charge of the day to day operations. If only seven guys turned up then I guess this tournament is just going to have to go ahead with seven guys….can you think of a viable alternative?

*JJ scans the room, all of the reporters seem lost for words

JJ: This tournament was supposed to be about bringing the best from around the world and showcasing them in an attraction that would put pro-wrestling back on the map. I have to say I am disappointed that there has not been more sign ups and even more disappointed that those who did sign up haven’t shown up on the day they were supposed to. But seven guys still busted they balls to be here….and as far as I am concerned, as long as there is some form of competition then this event should go ahead and it should get the finale it deserves…

*A voice sounds out from the back of the room

Reporter #2: JJ, if the tournament where to go ahead would you like to see some changes made to the format?

JJ: Once again, I don’t make up the rules, but if it were down to me then yeah I think there could be some changes made that would benefit the tournament. Obviously the whole draw would need to be made again if we went with the same format….but the guys in charge of this thing could just go ahead with one big match….all seven of us involved in a contest that could test us to our absolute limits.

Reporter #2: What would that match involve?

JJ: I’m just throwing ideas out there, I’m here to fight not to think up ideas for the guys in suits that just be sitting around scratching they heads. Look, when I signed up I was told this was going to be an event for the “people” to give every single wrestling fan an event, a moment that they could be proud of. That got my attention right away….because JJ Johnson always has been, always will be about the people and nothing gone ever change that. If we can do something to make the fans feel like they got their money’s worth then damn I’m game to do it…..they had my back for my entire career, now I would love to give them something back in return….

Reporter #3@: Who do you see as the most dangerous rivals to yourself in this tournament, JJ?

JJ: There isn’t a man in this tournament who isn’t a danger, they wouldn’t be here otherwise. We have a mix of the old and the new and that is going to bring together some clashes of styles that you may have never seen before in your life. I don’t look at the sheet of paper with a list of names and reel off who is the most dangerous….because that would indicate that JJ Johnson is scared, and I ain’t scared of a damn thing.

I have wrestled all around the world, I have gone up against and defeated some of the biggest and best pro-wrestlers this industry has ever seen…so please don’t get it twisted, I am here to win this tournament and I don’t care who I have to go up against in order to make that happen….you are going to see the very best of JJ Johnson and that is a guaran-damn-tee.

Reporter #4: The last time you were seen by many fans was when you were carried out of the ring at 6WF Born in Fire, you career practically over. You announced your retirement that night so I guess the question is….why return?

JJ: At that very moment in time, when I reached that mountain summit in 6WF for the third time, I felt like there was nothing left for me to achieve in this business. JJ Johnson had done it all and aside from the fact that my body was in tatters, I felt like I had nothing more to prove. But after eight months of sitting at home, rehabilitating and spending time with my family….I began to get the bug, the itch to compete….and all I needed was one moment of inspiration and one opportunity for me to lace them up once more.

I visited my doctor for a monthly check up on my progress and he was amazed to find that my recovery had gone a lot smoother than expected. My neck and my back had healed perfectly, and whilst it was not advised…he told me that there was a possibility that I could return to action once again.

Once those words left his mouth, a light switched in my mind and I was ready. I kept my ear to the ground and I explored all avenues, one sound of an opportunity and I was going to snap it up and that is when my phone began to ring.

They told me all about this tournament, about how superstars from all over would be involved….this would be JJ Johnson’s opportunity to reach out to his fans once more, to put on another show that I never thought would be possible….

So here we are….ready and waiting….so although I may be disappointed that this tournament is going to the numbers that were projected, there is nothing that will stop me from competing. This is my chance to free myself from the shackles of depression, to step out from the shadow that has plagued me from almost a whole year…

They said my career was over….but I am here to prove that I am barely even getting started!

*The fans in the back are roaring in approval of JJ’s words

Reporter #1: After so long on the sidelines though JJ, are you not worried about ring rust?

JJ: I haven’t got the time to be worried about anything, and if there is ring rust then the only way to get rid of it is by stepping between those ropes and doing what I do best. I can’t sit here and tell you I am going to win, I cannot even begin to tell you what is going to happen when those lights are on bright and all eyes are on me….but what I can tell you, what I can promise my fans, is that whatever I have left….you are going to get it in this tournament….I will leave no stone unturned, I will leave nothing to chance….you are going to get the absolute best of what I have….and in just a couple of weeks you will know whether that is enough or not!

Reporter #3: We all know that JJ Johnson is a household name to any fan of 6WF wrestling, but many die-hard fans of the business have always wished to see you in other promotions to see how you would fare…do you believe this is a chance for you to show how you would get on against any form of competition? Do you have any regrets that you never moved away to another company?

JJ: 6WF is my home, from day one they made me the man I am today and I will never forget what they did for me. I had my ups and my downs in that place but I can look back at my career and be proud of everything I achieved…..I got to wrestle against every major superstar that company ever had and that is an honour that I will stay with my until my dying day…..but like all of those other “die hard” fans, I ask myself the question, what if?

What if JJ Johnson had done more than two months in 6CW….what if JJ Johnson had competed in Action Packed Wrestling or Sin City Wrestling? Where would I be today if I had competed in more than one company? There was always the clamour to see JJ Johnson face rivals from other federations and if I have one regret it is that I never went looking for those challenges….

But with a new lease of life I now stand on the cusp and wonder if now is the time to start searching once more…..maybe JJ Johnson should think about how he would fare against the pound for pound greats that are currently operating in this business….it would certainly go a long way to proving whether I am just a big fish in a small pond or whether I actually have what it takes to be remembered as an all-time great…

I can’t deny that is why I signed up to this tournament…I am back because I want to know whether I can surpass everything I have ever done up unto this point….I don’t want to get back on par, I don’t want to reach the same level that I was at twelve months ago….I wanted to be better, and if I can’t do that then I don’t think this game is for me anymore….

In the gym I have pushed myself further than ever, I have begun to do things that I didn’t even think where possible and those feats provide me with the inspiration to take this next step…

Reporter #2: If you were successful in this tournament, whether it be a good showing or even victory….what would be next for JJ Johnson? Would you consider returning to wrestling full-time?

JJ: I can’t answer that right, because truth be told I have no idea what the future may hold for me. All I know is that I am ready for this tournament, I am ready to stand in that ring once again and go toe to toe with the best in this industry. I have questions that I need answers to, and once I have them answers….then I can begin to think about what comes next.

I’ll sit down with Brandi, consult my family and plan what comes next….if it was down to me then JJ Johnson would be back in this business without a shadow of a doubt….but I need to think about my family, think about my long-term health and preserving an incredible legacy that I already have…

I have been on one hell of a ride throughout my career….and I know for a fact there is at least one more journey to make, but fingers crossed and hand on heart I sure hope this won’t be the last time you see JJ Johnson inside a wrestling ring…

Reporter #3: But would you be open to returning to 6WF, or would you think about taking yourself to pastures new…?

JJ: I think we are done with the questions now….I can see I got y’all excited but I got preparation that needs to be done. This tournament ain’t gone win itself and I need to make sure that I am at 100% for what is ahead. It’s been great talking with you guys…but time to wrap it up!

*The reporters all scramble to ask more questions as security move in front of them to block them off. Flashbulbs are going off all around as JJ Johnson stands up and poses for pictures. He throws up the “Coalition” salute to the fans in the back that are chanting his name. JJ then takes one more last at the poster hyping the tournament and then heads through the curtain and into the back. When he gets there he is confronted by a man in a suit. The man holds out a phone to JJ and smiles.

Man: You’ve got a lot of messages Mr Johnson….I think you just put your services back on the map…

*JJ takes the phone and looks down with a smile

“32 missed calls
27 new voicemails
40 new messages”

JJ: I need to get back to the gym…

Man: But don’t you want to answer your messages?

*JJ just throws the phone back to the man and laughs

JJ: They’ve waited on my a55 for almost a year, they can wait a little longer…I need to get ready for the show!

*JJ walks out of the scene, leaving the man holding the phone. It begins to ring.

Man: JJ Johnson’s phone….I am sorry he isn’t available right now, can I take a message?....Wow, really? I will make sure Mr Johnson calls you back, he will be very interested in that offer.

*The man puts the phone down and pockets it as JJ is shown in the distance, signing autographs and posing for pictures with his adoring fans.

Man: He’s back…..and my god how this business has missed him…

*Scene fades out

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:55 pm

*DEADLINE FOR RP'S IS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. IF THERE ARE NO MORE RP'S POSTED THEN I WILL BE CHANGING THE FORMAT OF THE TOURNAMENT BUT IT WILL STILL GO AHEAD.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 16 Sep 2013, 4:33 pm

Our scene opens outside a huge warehouse with the words “Wrestlecamp” in huge letters along the side, as the camera pans we see a large red banner that reads “Indian Summer Training Camp” along with various other signs for local wrestling schools. A crowd has begun to form outside the front of the building as people await some of the legends who will taking part in the Elite Heavyweight Tournament, eager to see the men in with a chance of winning $1 million and the Elite Heavyweight Championship. Suddenly the fans begin to become restless as a stretched limousine pulls up, the blackened windows hiding the identity of the competitor inside, as the door is opened a few of the fans pull disappointed looks but a hand few light up as the current EWF World Champion The Viper Liam Wood makes his way out flanked by a short man in an ill fitting suit, he attempts to slow Viper down to answer more questions for the press but Viper heads straight over to tournament reporter and former colleague Hugh Cartwright.

LW: Hugh, it's good to see you man...where are the rest, it's going to be like a family reunion

HC: (Laughing) Yeah, you're right...well Carlton is around here somewhere and apparently Jonathan and Donavon's flights have been delayed for a couple of days meaning we've had to put things back until they get here...how you feeling anyway champ? I've been watching 6CW, it looks like hell.

LW: It's not exactly been a bed of roses but if I survived Fear then I can survive anything right!? So what's the schedule...the guys who got me on board have told me nothing, I only found out a couple of days ago that I'll be thrown in to a triple threat as my first match.

HC: Has 6CW turned you soft!? From what I remember you loved a challenge...you normally did well at them too.

LW: (Laughing) Nothing has changed...since day one I've had to prove myself against the people who just see me as some pretty boy and if I have to here then so be it.

HC: Yeah, about that...have you looked on Skybet? You're the 100/1 rank outsider, apparently your inexperience could cost you...how do you feel about that?

LW: I feel like some smart person is going to make a lot of money when I win this thing.

HC: Nice to see you haven't lost that confidence!

Viper exhales in frustration as the man he was with earlier points to his watch and signals for him to start doing the rounds of the associated press, Viper slaps Hugh on the shoulder and walks over to the man.

Bobby James: Liam you need to talk to every reporter here, if you want to be a legend then you need make your presence known...you've hardly tweeted all week and I can't remember the last time you checked in...

LW: Look, I don't get what you think this is but you are not my manager...just because you informed me about this tournament doesn't mean I have to do anything you say...I appreciate you flying me out here but I know what I'm doing...I get it, nobody here see's me as a threat...that's the biggest mistake they could ever make...I'll show them what happens when you turn your back on a Viper.

BJ: If you play your cards right you could move in to acting so easily, the studios would kill to have a guy like you working for them...you could leave this low priced wrestling shtick behind and be making 6 figures a year, easily.

LW: That's the problem, I'm not doing this for the money, I'm not doing this to see t-shirts or gain Twitter followers...I'm doing this because I love this sport and I want...no, I need to show the world that I am the best there is in the business today...that I am a future Hall Of Famer and that the people who doubted what I could do were damn wrong...you want to talk about making a presence...wait until I step in that ring.

BJ: Fine have it your way but remember the deal, I get a share of the winnings if you're successful as a sort of finder's fee.

LW: If?

Bobby attempts to reply but Viper gets distracted, walking away from him and in to the training facility. As he walks through the hall ways he is spotted by a few other wrestlers from the locals schools, a lot of them not recognising him but being impressed with his physique, at the end of the hall he finds an empty training room with a row of wrestling rings, he rolls inside one and sits in the middle of it crossed legged...his phone rings and a smile crosses his face.

Emmy: Are you there? What's it like?

LW: It's huge which is great...I'm pretty sure Bobby can't find me in here.

Suddenly the smile on the face of the Viper disappears as he hears a familiar voice.

BJ: Uh, Liam...I've had an idea for a little name change...I think you'll love it.

Liam rolls his eyes and laughs to himself

LW: (talking on the phone) I have to go, I love you.

E: Good luck baby, I love you too.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm

*The scene opens up inside a Glasgow bookshop where a long line of people are queued next to sign advertising the fact 6WF wrestler Cameron Faith will be signing autographs.  The bookshop manager is stood next to a table with a stack of 6WF encyclopaedias and an iPod in a dock. He clicks play on the iPod as "I fought the Law" blasts out around the bookshops and a sheepish looking Cameron Faith steps out of back room door to a huge cheer. He has one hand down the front of baggy grey joggers, the other holding the Freeweight Champion across his shoulder. Cameron places the the title in the middle of the table and removes his cap for few seconds to wave at the crowd and acknowledge the reception when he is interrupted by two well dressed men in suits.

Man 1: Mr Faith, a quick word if we could please, thank you.

*Cameron leans on the table and stares at the two men*

CF: How about you get to the end of the line and wait like everyone else.

Man 2: I really think that you will want hear what we have to say Mr Faith.

*The line of people begin to mumble with angry shouts directed at the two men, as Cameron starts to lose patience.*

CF: What the **** is this, i told you to get to the back of the line. Every time i come home i have deal with this s***. When will you get it through your thick skulls i don't sell that s*** anymore.

*The two men looks little ruffled but quickly regain there composure*

Man 1: Mr Faith, while we are aware of your past but that is not why we are here. I'm Ed Smith and this is my colleague Graham Jones and I can assure you, you will be interested in what we have to say. If we can just have 5 minutes of your time.

*Cameron looks between the angry crowd and the two men before sighing and turning back to the crowd*

CF: Sorry about this folks, give me 5 mins and I promise everyone will get an autograph.

*Cameron steps away from the table as the two men follow him into the back of the of shop. He turns and looks at them expectingly*

Ed Smith: Mr Faith, I will get right to it, we have been sent here by our client to invite you to an elite tournament that will only involve the very best wrestlers around.

CF: Is this some sort of P*** take? This sounds like a really bad remake of Balls of Fury.

Graham Jones: I can assure Mr Faith that this is deadly serious, as is the one million pound prize money on offer.

*Jones looks Cameron up and down with a look of disgust before waving a stack of papers in his face*

GJ: Now to be honest Cameron, I don't care wether or not you sign this contract. This is a tournament for the elite, the very best, not some 5 foot 10, 210 pound Ned. You're not on the same level as people like The Viper Liam Wood, Takeo, Keith Leone, JJ Johnson or the majority of big name wrestlers already signed up yet for some reason our client doesn't think this tournament can go ahead without 6WF's Freeweight Champion.

So instead of standing around acting the big man, why not just sign the dam contract like we all know your going to so we can get the hell out the s***hole.

*Jones slams the contract on a slightly shocked Cameron's chest and hands him a pen*

CF: Really?

*Cameron snatches the pen out of Jones hand and slowly takes a few steps forwards as the two men back away slightly worried by look on Cameron's face*

CF: I may not have the panache of a JJ Johnson, the skill of a Keith Leone, the size of a Takeo or the.....

Sorry, who the hell is Liam Wood?

*The two men back up all the way to door as Cameron gets right up in their face and slams the contract on the door in the space the two men's heads and signs it, letting it drop to floor once he finishes*

CF: You know what i don't care. You may not think it makes a difference if I sign this contract or not but there is 50 people stood out there who do. I'm in, but you make sure that everyone knows I'm not in it to make up the numbers, well except for in my bank account that is.

Now if you will excuse I have some books to sign.

*Cameron steps back and waits for the two men to clear out the way before stepping through the door to cheer from the crowd of fans*

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down