The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title"

+8
OasisBFC
Mr Bounce
Steffan
bhb001
Rowley
88Chris05
STC
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Go down

Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title" Empty Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title"

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:14 am

Are you kidding me??

Beating McKenzie, then saying he feels he can beat anybody right now.......Frenkel, Lebedev etc did you forget the state you ended up in Enzo??

Imagine what Kolalev would do to him, as well as Stevenson.

Sorry Enzo but you're whistling in the wind if you think you can even get to European level.

Commonwealth, British, ok....but any further and the chicken dance is back baby!!

Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/23774517
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title" Empty Re: Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title"

Post by STC Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

Maybe he's had a chin transplant like Derry Mathews.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title" Empty Re: Enzo Mac - "I can win a world title"

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

Or maybe beating McPhilbin and McKenzie is proof that he is P4P material.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:24 am

Can't blame a man for coming out with things like this, and if he doesn't believe that he can take on and beat anyone, or at least tell him and those around him that he can beat anyone, then he'd be in the wrong sport.

Barring a miracle a world title should definitely prove beyond him, but I suspect that big 'showdown' with Cleverly is still something which will be in the back of Warren's mind. Swansea against Cardiff for the football angle, chance of contesting world honours for the winner and a 'last chance saloon' deal for Maccarinelli. He'll lose, of course, but will line his pockets reasonably well and allow Cleverly to hopefully rebuild a bit of confidence.

I'm getting tired of seeing Enzo these days, I admit, and would much prefer him to pack it in while he's still in some kind of shape, but at the same time he's worked hard his whole career to try and defy the doubters, so I wish him all the best for whatever comes next.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:48 am

Think as Chris has alluded to this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don’t situations for Enzo. If he was to come out and say “I know I’m running on vapours a bit now, but am going to stick around on the hope I can pick up another couple of paydays” he would get resolutely slated, but if he says he wants to get back into the world title mix he gets slaughtered for being delusional.

Personally would like to see Enzo hang them up, there is always something slightly worrying about seeing a guy with so many brutal ko losses on his record carrying on but again has Chris has said am sure he has more than one eye on a Cleverly match up and whilst I am in no doubt Clev would beat him he is not the kind of guy who hits hard enough to not justify the risk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

I read the interview as "if there aren't big challenging fights for me, then I can't really get excited about it" as opposed to "I'm amongt the best in the world". It was more on motivation than anything. But the I can win a world title mis-quote does get a better headline.

Last edited by bhb001 on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

Good to luck to him I say

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:46 pm

I suppose you can't blame him for wanting to go out at a higher level. He's just trying to get a decent payday. Just don't want to see him hurt...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:50 pm

if he wants to stay light heavy then there are domestic fights available.
clev is a good match up for both now. it'd be huge in wales and make them both a decent packet.

for enzo it's beating a former world champ and for clev it's getting back on the horse and being in there with a banger. there's no doubt enzo can bang, he was knocking cruisers out.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm

OasisBFC wrote:if he wants to stay light heavy then there are domestic fights available.
clev is a good match up for both now. it'd be huge in wales and make them both a decent packet.

for enzo it's beating a former world champ and for clev it's getting back on the horse and being in there with a banger. there's no doubt enzo can bang, he was knocking cruisers out.

I don't see how this fight would be huge, even in Wales.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:55 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:if he wants to stay light heavy then there are domestic fights available.

I don't see how this fight would be huge, even in Wales.
considering clev fights in arenas against relative unknowns, a fight against another welshman on his way back up would be bigger. it was the event title 'redemption' written all over it.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:57 pm

Plus have big Cardiff City v Swansea City Football rivalry added to it

I think a lot of people outside of Wales dont realise how big the rivalry is to be honest

This fight would sell

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm

thinking about it, aren't they both Warren fighters?

he'd never allow it at this stage.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:05 pm

Yeah you can enzo, just dont let anyone hit you in the face again. I believe.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm

Well Enzo won't back down, no he won't back down
You could stand him up at the gates of hell
But Enzo won't back down

Gonna stand his ground, won't be turned around
And he'll keep this world from draggin' him down
Gonna stand his ground and Enzo won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey he will stand his ground
And Enzo won't back down

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm

Steffan wrote:Well Enzo won't back down, no he won't back down
But Enzo won't back down

And Enzo won't back down
Haha,

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

If I was Enzo, I'd definitely be banging the drum. Regardless of the previous shocking losses, he has some longevity in the sport and a bigger fight is now marketable. Fair play to him for fighting Ovill after being KO'd and turning it around. Good solid fight too, Enzo's chin stood up to some punches and he showed grit and stamina.

I don't know his financial situation but one more biggish payday would probably not go amiss....and who knows, he might win.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:45 pm

But Enzo won't back down

And Enzo won't back down
And what about if he gets badly knocked out again, Steffan?

And Enzo's free....Free-falling....
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
But Enzo won't back down

And Enzo won't back down
And what about if he gets badly knocked out again, Steffan?

And Enzo's free....Free-falling....
If he get's hit with an uppercut like the one he landed on Ovill, he will be Learning to Fly

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:19 pm

I thought Enzo looked ill at the weekend.

Doesn't look right to me as a LHW

Accident waiting to happen I think, hope he retires can't see the point in him carrying on, I've got a feeling he's going to end up getting hurt bad soon

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down