The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young.

4 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young. Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young.

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:54 am

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young. 3128464

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/08/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-20th-august.html

Good day to all our merry listening folk! Welcome to another fine edition of the v2 Wrestling Podcast.

This week we enthuse about wrestling as a product and as a business. Generally, happiness spreads among us. Maybe that's down to it being back to the originals members of the gang as Chris, Gavin and Adam let Hero and Paul enjoy their time off.

SummerSlam is the real talking point of the show as a plethora of wrestling fans rejoice in the return of wrestling at the top of its game. But before we dive into the best PPV of the year, we first talk Not-Hero's Headlines and go straight into our usual Bellator PPV on the 2nd November section. I mean TNA, of course, how could I have got that silly MMA thought into my mind.

From there, the action begins in earnest in part two. Bryan, Punk, HHH, Orton, Cena, Lesnar, even Rhodes and Sandow all get praise beyond measure after Sunday marked the real return of wrestling as a legitimate storytelling device.

Our part three is a rather serious discussion; I am pretty sure we refrain from any jokes. Chris and Gavin discuss the big news story of the week after Darren Young revealed to TMZ and the world that he is homosexual. This is, of course, a rather important announcement for both him and the wrestling industry as we look at the impact his personal news will have on a wider scale.

Intro and TNA

WWE and Darren Young

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young. Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young.

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 am

Just listening now, surprised you didn't change the name to hobos headlines, would have made the born in fire reference more amusing

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young. Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 13th August: Hardcore Justice, SummerSlam and Darren Young.

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I think you're underrating Money in the Bank 2011, I thought the whole card was pretty good. We had Ryder at the peak of his popularity winning, probably the best Money in the Bank match ever for the Smackdown briefcase, I really liked the Sheamus-Henry match which managed to keep both strong. The Big Show-Henry match was surprisingly good, the Raw Money in the Bank was good, the Christian-Orton match told a really good story and then the CM Punk-John Cena match was probably the best for 10-15 years.

I really liked Summerslam, but I don't think the card was anywhere near as strong as the Money in the Bank 2011 one. What made the event better was that it told two really good and passionate stories with the Lesnar/Punk match followed by the Bryan/Cena match. The rest of the card wasn't exactly stand out. Sandow/Rhodes was a good match but Del Rio/Christian was okay, the Wyatt/Kane match was pretty dire and the Divas and mixed tag were both poor.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Good show guys keep it up.

Just on the ric flair thing, watch the whole symposium thought flair made it and was entertaining. Also if you listen to the Steve Austin podcast apparently 2k were thrilled with him just corporate WWE weren't.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down