The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk

5 posters

Go down

The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk Empty The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

Hello one and all. Tis I tis I.

Just wanted to air some and get some thoughts on recent events in the world of rasslin'.

Let's start with the hottest storyline going right now - The Corporation, and in particular a certain Triple H. I'm a Triple H fan, always have been always will be and i'm delighted to see him turn heel which is the role he naturally suits for me. Now whilst I like Hunter i'm once again narked at his prominent role in current storylines. Back in 2011 when CM Punk shot to fame with his promo and title win, the wheels came off when he bumped into a certain Triple H. The angle with Nash at Summerslam and subsequent match with Triple H at Night of Champions which I still cant believe he lost completely undermined Punk's earlier work. The promos by HHH and Nash on Punk about 'needing to hit the weights' and not being 'big enough' etc stink of exactly what they're doing with Daniel Bryan right now. You know - Stephanie calling Bryan a B+ and weighing nearly 200lbs and not being the 'face of the WWE'. Both Punk and Bryan were red hot, massively over and on the cusp of a wave yet the WWE insist on remarking on their size. First time round with Punk was enough but now they're doing again with Bryan. But why? It may be perceived that they want to focus on the size/image of the guy to portray them as this underdog who has risen to the top despite their size and if said wrestler topples the enemy and the underdog wins then it's job done but as we all know this definitely didn't happen with Punk. Punk was exposed by Nash and HHH who I think personally enjoyed 'bigfooting' him if you like. Whilst I like the current angle with Bryan I cant help but think it's going down the same route. I hope Bryan ends up getting the better of Orton and capturing the WWE Title but why do I think it will end up being 2011 all over again? Ok so Punk DID win the title from ADR at Survivor Series but it was total different storyline.

All of this centres around one man - Triple H. The man who knows what is 'good for business'. I believe he does know what's good for business and he's doing a great job with the developmental project and bringing new guys into the roster but Hunter why are YOU still in the main storylines? Word has it that the main event of Wrestlemania 30 is going to be the climax of the whole McMahon family angle. If dirtsheets are to be believed then Vince will be turning face and picking someone to face Triple H in the main event for ‘control of the company’. So at this stage it seems Triple H will be in the main event of Wrestlemania! Names being thrown around are HHH v Austin or HHH v The Rock. Is that good for business? Of course things are subject to change but the fact it’s even in consideration is just plain wrong.

Like I said I like Triple H but he’s a very very smart man. His ego won’t let him step aside but he’s masking that with the great work he’s doing bringing through the guys from developmental. The only successful outcome to a conclusion like that would be if HHH’s career is legitimately on the line and Wrestlemania 30 was indeed his last match. I could accept that, but only if he honoured the retirement.

I don’t want to put a dampener on the angle and the Bryan push, I think it’s great and has captured the imagination once again, but once again it all revolves around The Game. I also think its ironic how he entered Summerslam using his King of Kings theme tune, just reminding everyone he’s still the man. But what do you all think? Will Bryan end up being buried just like Punk? What do you think of Triple H being in the spotlight once again? What do you think of him being in the main event of Wrestlemania 30?

I also want your opinions on the master that is CM Punk. I'm a CM Punk guy, fanboy, mark or whatever you want to call it so it's hard for me to be impartial, but i'll try. In the big 3 ppvs so far this year Punk has faced - The Rock, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. That's quite an impressive list of names. I think that speaks volumes of how highly Punk is now regarded in the WWE. But how did he get there? It certainly wasn't thanks to Triple H and Kevin Nash in 2011. For me it was the 434 day title reign and his own amazing ability on the microphone and in the ring. CM Punk got to where he is now because of CM Punk. He dances to the beat of his own drum and always has and the backing of the WWE with the long title reign was the icing on the cake. Do you think Punk is now a true 'marquee' name in the business? Is he at the point now where he doesn't 'need' the title to be a draw? Is a Royal Rumble win and a Wrestlemania main event the only things missing from his CV which would solidify his legacy?

All opinions welcome.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk Empty Re: The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

Oh arent you a swine with your title Henry Haberdashery!

On the first point, I would only suggest that what they are doing is putting him down whilst making him fight against adversity. Whilst an Austin would be put down by insults and aggression, they are patronising Bryan quite obviously, enough to make it their way of putting him down. Also, as heels it is easier to see this as fundamentally the wrong opinion, better than their awful management of Punk.

I wouldnt want HHH as the main event of Mania. But, as per the past few years, he will likely be in one of the three they have. If its the culmination of a very long and very significant (considering the ownership and Vince's role in the WWE) then I dont mind him being in a huge story. It will work if they build it right. I also think it plays on the perception of him quite well, something I think WWE have enjoyed doing recently. Henry retiring, Cena cant wrestle, Bryan is too indy, Vince only likes big wrestlers, HHH is all about HHH.

On Punk: The man is the best in the world. Hes the best talker and wrestler for me, he tells a story in the ring like no other man in the company. I think he will win a rumble in the next two years, he will surely be given that accolade by the WWE. I think his current level, because of the length of his reign, means he can stay out of the title picture and still be a draw. Hes shown with his recent feuds that he can carry it against part-timers in the ring and on the mic. 

Hard to see where i'd place him at Mania. Feels like there will be a story around Orton's title, so you'd think its Cena or a resurgent Bryan. Really, Lesnar vs Punk would suit, but its ages away so the development of his Heyman feud now would be interesting. He might get given a marquee name again, I imagine WWE feel very safe in him making sure one of those feuds doesnt flop.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk Empty Re: The Mr H v2 Journal 22nd August 2013 - Triple H & CM Punk

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

You'd like to think they'd learn from their mistake with Punk in 2011. But only if they view it as a mistake, and only if they want to make a better job of it. They couldn't not pull the trigger on Bryan, he's just ridiculously over. My only fear is that if the 'YES' chants fizzle out i'm not sure Bryan is as versatile as Punk to bring new dimensions to his character to remain a relevant main event babyface. Hell i'm writing him off before he's even begun and for me i'd love to see him go over Triple H at Wrestlemania. I just hope he's handled correctly that's all, but I don't have 100% faith in the WWE in doing so.

I can't see how Bryan v Orton will be drawn out until Mania. They could possibly make a stipulation that if Bryan loses to Orton he doesn't get another title shot. Orton could move onto fued with Punk and maybe Bryan is the one to win the the Rumble and chooses to face Orton at Mania, finally getting the gold.

The fact that Bryan, Punk and Orton are currently the WWE's prized assets is good enough for me. But it does make me wonder - How in the blue hell did The Miz ever headline a Wrestlemania? Jesus.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:00 pm

It really does confuse the life out of me. I suppose, best to use the Miz as a tool for The Rock and Cena rather than someone really good.

Im not sure how they drag Bryan out, whether they screw him out of the title scene, then have him focus on HHH and beat him at Survivor Series (although I think its more likely that Team Corporation will face Team Something), before turning his attention to another big bad heel before going on a run that sees him take the Rumble for his chance at redemption. It is all a bit set up for Cena to return and win, but i dont think they will do the returning rumble win for him again nor let him win two in a row. 

I agree on Bryan, he isnt anywhere near as multifaceted as Punk, although I suppose he has got a little time on Punk to catch up with that. 

Theres three PPV's before Survivor Series. Night of Champions is guaranteed Bryan v Orton. Then its the first "Battleground", hard to call until we know if there is a gimmick attached or not. Then Hell in a Cell, which I suppose would be a great place to end a three match feud (if they can justify in the storyline Bryan having three shots). Then its SS, TLC and Royal Rumble, so TLC would be the filler PPV before the start of the Mania run-in.

I'd like Ziggler to get involved down the line, possibly he could have the HHH feud, although it really depends how many matches in the year HHH wants to have. I could also see Sandow making a very good Corporate champ on Smackdown, claiming intelligence in striking an alliance with the powers that be.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:10 pm

I think the key point with the Bryan storyline and the way it can be differentiated between the Punk run in 11 is if he wins in the end.

It's all well and good to run down a babyface but he needs to have a chance to prove the doubters wrong somewhere along the line, and I think that was the key problem with the Punk/Nash/HHH angle, what was the payoff for that? Nash vs HHH at TLC picard

Bryan may not be king of the WWE at the end of this run, but for his creditability at the very least he needs to prove he belongs amongst the big boys.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

Totally agree Dr G. The keyword there being 'if'. But wouldn't it be typical of Vince to take another massive dump on the IWC by pushing Bryan to the moon only to have HHH bigfoot the hell out of him. I don't actually think that will happen. I also don't think Bryan will end up being as big as CM Punk. But I do think he'll win the title and have a mini run between now and the Rumble.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:34 pm

Yeh, I'm not sure I can ever see him being as big as Punk either, but with that said, if you said to me even 6 months ago, let alone 3 or 5 years ago, that Bryan would pin Cena clean in the main event of Summerslam with a full crowd of WWE fans from kids to smarks roaring him on, I'd have thought you were mad, but he's managed it, he's taken what he's got to work with and with a ridiculously simple chant and a silly beard, he's transitioned himself from king of the indies to one of the most universally popular babyfaces since Eddie Guerrero.

So as much as I agree with you, I'd write Bryan off at my peril

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

Am I the only one can see a 'meaningless' reign for the WWE title for Orton. I don't mean this in it's actual worth but in terms of how it plays out storyline.

I would imagine he will get a shot at Orton at NOC, but in that match I would have him screwed out of winning before being told on RAW the next night that was his shot at the title. I would then have Orton face a couple of no names at the next two PPV's. Whilst obviously the aim of a PPV is to sell on marquee matches I think enough people are vested in this storyline that they would watch just to see how it plays out.

If they didn't have Orton face some easy title defences i.e. have people lie down for him. Then why not just have Bryan have the odds stacked. So he loses at NOC, but because he is screwed gets another chance at Battleground...but before he faces Orton on the night he has to beat each member of the Shield...he could go over Ambrose & Rollins but then fail to beat Reigns therefore not get his shot.

There are so many angles and ways this can be drawn out till Mania for one almighty pay off ...the question is whether Vince and the likes have the foresight to see it through and whether they wish to begin to move to future!

Heck I had an idea the other day which involved branching storylines which would come together to end with a Past v Future theme to Mania!!

Austin vs Punk
HHH vs Bryan
Ziggler vs Taker or Cena vs Taker (only if heel turn happened)
Ambrose & Rollins vs Rock & Sock connection
Brock vs Reigns

That would be an epic Wrestlemania!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:56 pm

I think you'd love the v2 wrestling podcast, a weekly audio show where my Daniel Bryan conspiracy theories are shot down by a bunch of no-marks

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Aug 2013, 6:33 pm

On the note of Wrestlemania feuds, more reports on Goldberg and WWE being in talks. Id put him down the list quite considerably in terms of returning stars of the past

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down