The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue

+5
Crimey
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
9 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue

Post by crippledtart Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Welcome everybody to another exciting installment of the v2 Wrestling Podcast! You can download this week's show here, or subscribe at www.v2wrestling.podomatic.com

In this week's Part One, Adam and Gavin talk about TNA's recent habit of turning negative situations into positive on-air developments, and discuss Hulk Hogan's TNA future.

For Part Two, Gavin is joined by Paul "Enforcer" Hinton to talk about WWE. Is Triple H bigfooting the majority of the roster? Is Daniel Bryan in a feud he can't win? AJ Lee's noteworthy Raw promo is also addressed.

We end with a brief chat about this week's very special v2 Wrestling Podcast interview with Lex Luger. What did we learn, and what are our memories of Lex?

Thanks as always for listening!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Just to let you know, there's no link to listen from the journal page

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast 27th August 2013: TNA's Serendipity, Triple H's Bigfooting and AJ Lee's Acid Tongue

Post by crippledtart Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks doc, there is now a link!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm

picard

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Just finished listening great show guys, and the first part had a really old school feel of the first podcast.

Still raging at Adam though for his comments on Kim and Trish as the two greatest women's wrestlers ever, I'm away to dig out my AJW tapes and have a smark rage that Manami Toyota wasn't even mentioned :p

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:50 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Just finished listening great show guys, and the first part had a really old school feel of the first podcast.

Still raging at Adam though for his comments on Kim and Trish as the two greatest women's wrestlers ever, I'm away to dig out my AJW tapes and have a smark rage that Manami Toyota wasn't even mentioned :p
I guess I should have mentioned Leilani Kai as well as she has told us in the past that she would come on the show.

And I dont rate Trish as highly as most, although she is seen as the greatest WWE diva by many.

For me, Mickie James has put on the best matches but lacks on the mic skills (well she can talk but she isnt always that interesting passion wise)

Dr Gregory House MDJust finished listening great show guys, and the first part had a really old school feel of the first podcast.

Is that a good thing? Shocked

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 am

The way people are reacting to Triple H making himself the centre of the storyline is a bit odd when a lot of people would say the best thing of the attitude era was Vince McMahon as the main heel fighting against Austin.

I agree that maybe with Triple H's reputation there is a little fear that only he will be bettered by this storyline but for me a big feud like this is a lot better for Bryan than just a normal feud with Orton.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:07 am

Also with the 'B' level, they're not saying it's about wrestling but his marketing potential. I think the marketing side exists in both the fictional and non-fictional WWE world. Also I agree with Paul that the point is that they're wrong, the fans are supposed to be angry that the heels say that because they know he is an 'A' wrestler.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 am

It's murky for me whether the marketing side exists within the fictional world. I think they can get some leeway with that though.

It is however noteworthy how little they are making of the fact Bryan beat Cena clean. Cena had never lost clean to somebody not already established as a main eventer in his entire eight-year run at the top prior to Summerslam.

They're acknowledging the Cena link, but the fact that Bryan beat him straight up is not a major part of the story at all.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am

I am still curious as to whether house felt the "old school vibe" was a good or a bad thing!!

his silence suggests an answer!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:49 am

Do WWE ever though reference anyone beating someone clean or dirty?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 am

Hero wrote:Do WWE ever though reference anyone beating someone clean or dirty?
They don't have to use those words, but they could talk a little bit about how Bryan didn't need any help, and how rare that is. I think there are definitely ways it can be acknowledged in a kayfabe manner.

It's a massive thing to beat John Cena courtesy of wrestling skill alone, in the WWE world. With the exception of The Rock it hasn't happened for years and years, as far as I'm aware.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 am

Batista at Summerslam 08 and Sheamus at TLC 09 are the only ones which come to mind.

I want to make an argument for Punk beating Cena clean at MITB 2011, but I don't think the argument is strong enough to justify it being a clean win.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

Bryan should cut a promo where he says he beat Cena, beat him without help or without cheating. The crowd doesnt need evidence hes good but it would be nice to have it filtered through.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Im having issues playing the podcast. Anyone else having problems?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:03 pm

There have been some issues due to recent successes, I'm guessing you're getting the same automated message that i am?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Erm, am I missing something? Cena himself acknowledged that Bryan beat him fair and square and said he wouldnt use the elbow as an excuse, Im pretty sure Bryan has mentioned it and the commentators have bought it up a few times even using the word "clean" altough they mean it in a clean fight sort of way.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

MetalMotty wrote:Im having issues playing the podcast. Anyone else having problems?
Are you trying on your phone Motster?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Erm, am I missing something? Cena himself acknowledged that Bryan beat him fair and square and said he wouldnt use the elbow as an excuse, Im pretty sure Bryan has mentioned it and the commentators have bought it up a few times even using the word "clean" altough they mean it in a clean fight sort of way.
Alas, maybe it is all of us missing something and you are not! It seems to me like a bigger deal should be being made about it, but then really if they made a big deal it doesnt highlight the strength of Bryan but maybe the ridiculous booking of Cena?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah trying on my phone, normally listen to podcast on it. Is that the issue?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:45 pm

For some reason it wont work on phones because we have had too many listens this month. Who'd have thought it?! We're going to extend it soon, i'll let you know. Should work through the site

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Sorry Adam I've been out all day, was just passing a comment didn't really mean anything from a quality standpoint, though if I had to choose I would say the big group is better as there are a real spread of opinions.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Sorry Adam I've been out all day, was just passing a comment didn't really mean anything from a quality standpoint, though if I had to choose I would say the big group is better as there are a real spread of opinions.
Ie, Chris is great

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Sorry Adam I've been out all day, was just passing a comment didn't really mean anything from a quality standpoint, though if I had to choose I would say the big group is better as there are a real spread of opinions.
Ie, Chris is great
Wouldn't go that far

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down