The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANELO MEDIA TRAINING DAY

4 posters

Go down

CANELO  MEDIA TRAINING DAY Empty CANELO MEDIA TRAINING DAY

Post by azumah HOF Wed 28 Aug - 7:28

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15005.html

He looks fit strong and fast!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

CANELO  MEDIA TRAINING DAY Empty Re: CANELO MEDIA TRAINING DAY

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 28 Aug - 8:01

He does. But he isn't mayweather.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 28 Aug - 8:03

mobilemaster8 wrote:He does. But he isn't mayweather.
Oh yeh! Don't get it twisted I'm a Floyd guy... But I want a fearsome Canelo in there, just like Hatton was... Brings the best out in Floyd!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 28 Aug - 8:41

Very true mate. On a separate note, anyone read de la hoyas recent garbage?

went along the lines of:

"I beat mayweather when we fought, and if Canelo doesn't knock him out inside 8 rounds, ill be very, very surprised"

errrr thoughts?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 28 Aug - 9:39

I really don't like what De la Hoya has become, I have to say. He's slowly turning from respected former champion in to a class clown kind of figure. An ever (cheesy) grinning paradoy of his former self. I know he's basically obliged to talk up Alvarez's chances, but the way he talks about Mayweather is akin to a 12-year-old school girl who can't get over her first crush after they knocked her back.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 Aug - 9:51

Like you Chris I appreciate Oscar has a fight to sell and is never likely to come out and say “another routine win for Floyd” but you do wish he could do so without coming across as quite so bitter. Is almost like he is trying to challenge Holmes for the title of most bitter ex fighter. Oscar has a quite legitimate argument to say he won a number of his big fights that went against him however Floyd is not one of those fights. To be honest it was only close due to the moronic judges who cannot differentiate aggression from effective aggression.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 28 Aug - 10:06

The weird thing though, Rowley, is that at the time I vividly remember a shed load of people claiming that Oscar was robbed against Floyd and that they had him winning the fight! Even the BBC scored the fight a draw, somehow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6626009.stm

A load of nonsense, of course, and while Oscar made a good fist of it he was definitely the loser. I guess the fact that Mayweather had been mentioned as a future opponent for our (then) flavour of the month Hatton meant that a lot of casual fans (or never were fans) were compelled to give De la Hoya-Mayweather a watch and, without knowing any better, were conned in to thinking that Oscar walking forward all night (despite throwing almost bugger all in the last three or four rounds) meant that he was bullying Mayweather.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 28 Aug - 10:59

Thanks for the link to that garbage bbc commentary mate!

Around round three or four they state that De La Hoya is bullying Floyd and is bossing the action.

Awful. I watched the fight like many others and scored at 4 rounds to Floyd. The aggression was NEVER effective from the word go.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down