The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERL Media Page

5 posters

Go down

ERL Media Page Empty ERL Media Page

Post by Fluxy Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:02 am

Homepage

TOP STORY

TRANSFER MERRY-GO-ROUND

After the recent events and some firsts in the Euroleague over the past week, activity has been vigorous as ever. This is most likely down to the fact that since the league has become condensed, regular and active members have been around to negotiate and initiate in season-changing and some intriguing deals. Since the last update in this blog Biarritz Olympique have swapped in no less than thirteen different players in the past week. In the process names such as; Roberts, Hook, Whitelock, Polota-Nau, Croft, Kaino and Parrise. In the process possibly creating one of the best back-rows in the league. Once again a quick inspection over the league table and you can notice that let any team in the top six could still go on to win the league. Despite the near spotless record of Toulouse in the league. Additionally a glance at the lower half of the league you can notice that Toulon are still winless as manager GloucesterBear is striving to pull in the first win for the season.

GOSSIP COLUMN

CARTER ON THE MOVE?!
It appears that Headcoach of Bath Driver is to succumb to pressure and allow the move talismanic flyhalf in a bid to bring in more quality to the squad. Potential suitors are currently are Toulouse, Leicester, Stade Francais and Ospreys. But it appears that Biarritz may have stolen a march on the most significant signature in the Rugby world.

GAUCHE GLOS GETS GLOOMY.
After having one his busiest weeks since joining the league, Toulon manager GloucesterBear has begged fellow managers to show him more consideration in offers, in a bid to get Toulon off the bottom of the league and to achieve their first win of the season.

MONEY TO BURN.
In a reverse to trends of previous years, five clubs posses more than £20m in disposable funds in player recruitment. It appears some managers have become more prudent to big spending as the quality of the players available has declined in the foreign market.

FAIRWEATHER MAN.
Despite his recent move from Scotland to France, it appears that Whitelock has become to enjoy the weather in the South of France. However Pullthestrings remains adamant to bring the young Kiwi to the rubbish British weather in Leicester.

ERL WORLD XV
01. Thomas Domingo (FRA)09. Fourie Du Preez (RSA)16.
02. William Servat (FRA)10. Dan Carter17.
03. Owen Franks (NZL)18.
04. Brad Thorn (NZL)11.19.
05. Victor Matfield (RSA)12.
06. Juan Smith (RSA)13.20.
07. Richie McCaw (NZL)14.21.
08. Sergio Parisse (ITA)15.22.

LEFT WINGER?

PRESS CONFERENCE

1 –Who will win the Tri-nations?

2 – From; Canada, France, Japan, Tonga or New Zealand. Whom will qualify from the Group A at the RWC?

3 – What do you make of the debacle in the RFU at the current moment in time?

4 – Who has made the biggest signing for next year in the Rugby World, and why?

5 – ERL Spotlight: Leinster

Last edited by Fluxy on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

ERL Media Page Empty Re: ERL Media Page

Post by Bathite Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:04 am

Create page buddy, like it a lot, top work. Lets hope you get better turnout then i did for my page last time!

1. Best - Ashton - Bath were weak on the wings, so the addition of the world class finisher from Wigan completes the West country side from 9-15.
Worst - Was surprised to see Kearney go so quickly, as he got luke warm reviews when he was in my Clermont side.

2. I seriously think I have a squad that should be in the top 4, especially now with Albacete and Franks in the starting lineup. I have a really tough run in though and was hoping to win all my home games, but have had 1 point losses predicted so far at home to Ospreys, which really surprises me.

3. I think the best 4 squads in the league are Toulouse, Tigers, Saracens and then its very tight between Ospreys, Scots and Biarritz. I think it will all come down to the last set of injuries and the run ins for each team. Im nervous, as I have Tigers away as my last game, which may be crucial.

4. Toulouse will finish top, but they are not unbeatable. Some last minute swaps during the knockout stage could give someone a win. Donnelly and Ranger are weak links for example, but it would be hugely unfair if Toulouse didn't win the league, they have been the best side consistently throughout, as you would expect as they had the best squad to start with.

5. Covered some of it above, but see Donnelly and Ranger as weak links, other then that its world class!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

Quality media page randy
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

1 – Best and Worst signings from the Inaugural ERL Draft?
Best has to go to Bathite and Driver with there captures of Ashton and Albacete, worst signing Manu Tuilagi in at Ospreys good player but there were better players left which Steven could of gone for.

2 - Where do you hope to finish in the league?
Not bottom but it is looking more and more likely I will finish there, been a long process but I now have a side which could challenge some teams in the league.

3 - Who will qualify for the top four this season?
Toulouse, Leicester, Ospreys, Saracens

4 - And finally who will win the league?
Toulouse or Ospreys, Toulouse have quality in nearly every position while Ospreys lock partnership and backs are some of the dangerous forces in the ERL.

5 – ERL Spotlight: Toulouse
There top for a reason, had a quality side to start with and Pooly has just added to it as the season has gone on. Epic signings and an epic team who will probably win the league.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

GloucesterBear issues statement.

Sergio Parisse isn't going anywhere, I have spoke to the player and he is happy staying at Toulon unless a top two club comes in for him. He is happy to captain our side, and even though he is playing for the bottom club in the league he knows we won't sell him unless a cracking replacement comes our way. I have stated before that we are interested in Read, Heaslip and Lobbe.

Meanwhile I am feeling full frustration of the amount of bids we are getting for Parisse, even though we at Toulon have stated that he is too good for the players that teams are giving to us. We would like to make a few signings in some areas, our team isn't weak by any means now we have an excellent bunch of players, with some not for sale only for certain players i.e Parisse.

So just to make my intentions clear Sergio Parisse will only leave Toulon, if Kieren Read, Jamie Heaslip or Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe comes our way.

We will be making more and more offers, as we feel we can do better in some positions I have identified which players we are happy with and there is quite a few.

A long process had been placed but now it's not far from completion, we may still finish bottom but a first win of the season I believe isn't far away.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

Top work Fluxy clap

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

1 – Best and Worst signings from the Inaugural ERL Draft?
Best: Ashton/Hartley
Worst: Tuilagi/Kearney

2 - Where do you hope to finish in the league?
Hopefully push for a playoff place

3 - Who will qualify for the top four this season?
Toulouse and the rest is too open

4 - And finally who will win the league?
Toulouse unless he get's hit hard with injuries

5 – ERL Spotlight: Toulouse
Pooly's done well here and; if his top players stay injruy free he's sorted
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

We need to complete the World XV fellas!

Left Wing: Hosea Gear

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:27 am

Wing: Drew Mitchell

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:27 pm

Can't see past N.Z but reckon it will be tight, Oz will be ruing that loss earlier so could come back with a vengance.

2 – From; Canada, France, Japan, Tonga or New Zealand. Whom will qualify from the Group A at the RWC?
New Zealand and France but Tong and Japan could sneak 2nd.

Better than the wru let's put it that way!!

Tough one: Dai Young to Wasps (new start), Louw to Bath (impact and replacing Watson well), Mason and Giteau to Toulon (both have big points to prove).

No Comment Wink

Wing: Mitchell
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:15 pm

Its NZ to lose, surely? Especially with SA half hearted effort and with many of Oz's key players like Elsom Palu Robinson Giteau Barnes Mitchell missing or out of form.

Can't see anything past NZ and France. Hopefully its NZ, because I have tickets for their QF if they win the group.

To be brutally honest, I'm not paying any attention to it. As long as we play some half decent rugby and the guy in charge picks the right players, thats ok. MJ has lightened up in the last few years and now takes some risks with the youngsters, which will hopefully pay off

Bakkie is a huge signing for whoever he plays for. Giteau looks like he needs a new spark and I think him and Jonny will be a beautiful foil. Very interested to see how quickly Donald gets settled, but surely the biggest coup is JOC?

A very very solid squad, with the best strength in depth in the league. Lacks the big names in the core though, which makes it difficult to predict away wins i think. Second row is now really tasty, but tweaks needed in front row and back three i think

6 - World XV - Wing - Gear/Mitchell

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:39 pm

Oh S H I T! Apparently Donald isn't coming to Bath, off to the Blues, because he can't get a work permit!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

New Zealand have world class players all over the field, biggest depth in World Rugby so they should win. South Africa are always underestimated but could well struggle, Australia good players so could snatch it.

New Zealand definitely then a toss up between France and Tonga, should be France but wouldn't be surprised that they are the biggest departure in the Group Stages.

Not something I concentrate on or take much notice of really, yes it's going through a rough stage and something needs to be addressed but it's the RFU who can only put it right and nobody else.

Dear god probably Bakkies to the Top 14, Top 14 has picked up some great Super 15 players.

I admire the Leinster side, not as good as others but it's a very strong side has very good players which would of been there at the start, and also Prop_Lyd has brought some very good players in.

6 - World XV - Wing
Gear followed by Ashton and Mitchell
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down