The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Page

+12
cherriesfna
puntingred
Russell_Elmo
Gregers
David James Number One
CFCNick
GSC
Fernando
Marky
Hero
Good Golly I'm Olly
Trebs
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Media Page Empty Media Page

Post by Trebs Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Answer questions here for the media, also to stir up and have a bit of fun. Five questions will be posted each week.

1. The first game of the season is approaching, where do you think your team can finish this season?
2. Are you happy with the players you have brought in so far?
3. Who will be your key player this season?
4. What are your thoughts on having transfer windows where players can bought and sold?
5. Tea or Coffee?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Media Page Empty Re: Media Page

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 pm

1. The first game of the season is approaching, where do you think your team can finish this season?

We here at Norwich believe we can challenge for a top half place. If not, seeing off relegation is a must.

I am so far, but have a couple more foreigns I am hoping to bring in.

We have many, I think our strike force of Holt and Rhodes will be the key to our success.

4. What are your thoughts on having transfer windows where players can bought and sold?

I think domestics should always be open, but foreigns should have designated times. Maybe close foreigns after Week 2 and open them for a week mid season then close them again?

5. Tea or Coffee?

Tea. Hate Coffee
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:19 pm

1. Realistically Utd & Chelsea may prove a tough ask to match but I'm hoping that 3rd is not beyond our reach ahead of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

2. Very much, some of the most sought after talent in Europe has come to White Hart Lane. We have a lot of jealous eyes watching on.

3. The Ego has landed. Warning Hazard ahead.

4. No thanks, yes you want realism but I think it would stagnate the league.

5. Frappacino mocha with whipped cream and mini marshmallows please.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

1. I am hoping for a top four finish for my side, but getting into the Europa League is a minimum requirement.

2. I'm still on the lookout to bring in more talent, I have brought in some good players, but there's still a long way to go.

3. Suarez and Gerrard are Liverpool's key players in reality, and I hope to keep them both here to be the key men unless I get a big offer.

4. I like the idea of the foreign transfer window having closing times, but it would have to be carefully worked out. Domestics for me must always remain open.

5. Tea, but I'd happily drink either.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Top 8

Yes

Got to be Ashley Young

It wouldn't work too well in a league that relies on trading to keep interest up

5. Tea or Coffee?
Toffee

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:31 pm

1st if Bull cocks up with United

2. Are you happy with the players you have brought in so far? Very

3. Who will be your key player this season? RVP

4. What are your thoughts on having transfer windows where players can bought and sold? Generally a good thing

5. Tea or Coffee?
Iced Tea

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 pm

No
The Physio
Love it
5. Tea or Coffee?

Coffee
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 pm

We believe we have the right tools to reach for a European place. It won't be easy but we have the hard work mentality it will take and some top talent in this team.

I'm very happy with who we've brought into the team. We have a few guys with big league experience, a former European champion, and the two top scorers in a good league getting stronger each year.

Rafa Marquez. He has the experience to lead this team of players who are hungry for success. He will also be our key man in the holding role and we hope to use his distribution of the ball to great effect.

Great.

5. Tea or Coffee?

Tea.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by David James Number One Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 pm

- Definately top 3, hopefully first!

- Yeah! Higuain is World Class, Marin is quality back up and Gourcuff is a brilliant midfielder. Also happy to have brought in young Luke Shaw for just £100k.

- Think Mata will be important. I do however think I have good depth in the squad anyway.

4. What are your thoughts on having transfer windows where players can
bought and sold?

- Both IMO need to stay open. I really think the league would be harmed if there were not foreigns and domestics to keep people interested.

5. Tea or Coffee?

neither

David James Number One

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 am

1)

Top 6 is the minimum that I'm expecting to guarantee Europa league football, who knows though as one of the bigger clubs could slip up massively. Obviously above Liverpool would be nice.

2)

I think that given the resources at our disposal we've done as well as anyone, Diame and Rods are fantastic signings and in domestics we'be strengthened in every position.

3)

Key players? Personally Diame and Parker who work well together to drive the team forward. Outside of them Jelavic's goals will be crucial in big matches.

4)

Foreigns can shut maybe every other week to keep things interesting, domestics all the time except perhaps in the final 2 weeks of the season to prevent any dodgey deals from occurring.

5)

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:37 am

Top 8

Yeah, think weve made some good signings

Lucas.

Not a good idea.

5. Tea or Coffee?
Water

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by puntingred Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:57 am

4th - 5th

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have made them! Wink

Fabricio Collocini, our captain

I'd prefer it being limited to 1 per day, within a certain range; say Monday-Thursday each week.

5. Tea or Coffee?

Beer.

puntingred

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

13th
defo
Emile Heskey, our star player and assistant manager
i dunno it not up to me
5. Tea or Coffee?. vomit give me a pepsi max
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm

1. We're looking to put last season's dissapointments behind us now. Improving from last season is key, we're not going to get back to where we used to be over night, but I think this season aiming for 10th place or higher would be a success and something to build on.

2. Yes, I believe with all the players we have signed this summer, We have defently improved in certian areas where we were lacking last season. We have a nice balance of youth & expierence with a indepth squad.

3. Darren Bent, if he can stay fit. Villa certianly missed his goals towards the tale end of last season.

4. I would hope that domestic transfer's would stay open all season long. It will keep the game interesting, and with money being pumped into clubs every few weeks, it would encourge people to buy/trade/sell. I think with Forgien's it should open & close on a rotation system, like week 1 open, week 2 closed, week 3 open..... and so on.

5. Hot Chocolate

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

5. Tea or Coffee?[/quote]

1. We are hoping to avoid relegation this year, that is the main focus.

2.Yes, sturridge and wheater are good signing, as is krancjar...hoping to sign a keeper before 1st game as well

3.Kevin Nolan.. Captain and warrior in midfield!

4.I would prefer that transfers happened all the time, but not in real life Wink

5.Tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:35 pm

WEEK TWO QUESTIONS

1. What were your thoughts on the result of your first game?
2. The injuries were announced for the next game, do you think you will miss the players who are out?
3. Do you feel that 150 words for tactics is a good limit. If not, what would be a better limit?
4. Would you rather have results late, on the Tuesday, or somebody else do results on the Sunday?
5. Steak or Cake?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:37 pm

1. S'alright, bit disappointed we conceded personally.

2. Howard probably the rest of the players dont make the 18.

3. Yes, you don't need more. Considering I have to read 16 to predict, I don't need 16 essays weekly.

4. Tuesday since I ain't here till thursday anyway

5. Cake
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

WEEK TWO QUESTIONS

I'm happy with the result. Everton are a good team and have purchased some good players.

2. The injuries were announced for the next game, do you think you will miss the players who are out?

An injured player will always be missed

3. Do you feel that 150 words for tactics is a good limit. If not, what would be a better limit?

It's a good limit, anymore and voting would become too much of a mission.

4. Would you rather have results late, on the Tuesday, or somebody else do results on the Sunday?

Sunday is the better day for moi

5. Steak or Cake?

Cheese

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 pm

I thought it was a fair result. Obviously gutted to lose, but it was close so we take heart from that.

We will miss Holty as he is our captain. But in Morison and Rhodes we have capable replacements.

I feel it is good, but maybe something like 200 would just give you the extra to make your point better.

Don't really mind tbh

5. Steak or Cake?

Steak
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:40 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:WEEK TWO QUESTIONS

5. Steak or Cake?

1. Very dissapointed and i think a defeat was harsh.
2.Losing Mark Noble is a bitter dissapointment, however Potts and Vaz Te will be leaving soon
3.not overly fussed to be honest
4.Sunday
5.Steak

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 pm

I thought it would be close to which it was, hoped I might have nicked it based on the tactics playing in my favour on a couple of points and with 3 wins to 1 on the votes I have to be happy that more people thought that way too.

I got lucky this week which was good, I'll be looking to bulk up my squad over the coming weeks to combat the weeks when I'm not so lucky.

It was hard going to get to 150 and I'd be concerned that it restricts a little creativity, once you have the basics covered it doesn't leave a lot.

Happy to wait

5. Steak or Cake?

Steak every time, though has to be top quality and virtually still pulsing on the plate.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Ok starting with a point. There's a long way yet.

Fantastic. None of them even made the bench in week 1.

It's ok. I stretched it to 160 but so.

Sunday is best but not worried either way.

5. Steak or Cake?

Steak.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 pm

WEEK TWO QUESTIONS

1. I went for hardworking players, I got lucky to get a point really. I'm delighted as if anyone was going to win, it was Hero. Hopefully I'll be better for next week, I have some better players.

2. Montolivo and Cork being out leave me a little short at CM, but I planned to get a defensive midfielder in from foreigns this week.

3. I would consider it maybe being made to 200, but it's long enough to get a point across without being an essay.

4. I'd prefer someone else to do the results on the Sunday Whistle

5. Steak, had it for tea tonight. Delicious.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm

1. What were your thoughts on the result of your first game? as expected

2. The injuries were announced for the next game, do you think you will miss the players who are out? Gervinho Sad

3. Do you feel that 150 words for tactics is a good limit. If not, what would be a better limit? no need about 100 more

4. Would you rather have results late, on the Tuesday, or somebody else do results on the Sunday? either good most likely won't be here anyway

5. Steak or Cake?

Cake

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 pm

I think we were unlucky but I never really expected us to get anything from that game, anything other than a defeat would have been a bonus so our season starts this week v Newcastle.

We miss everyone who's not available to us as i've built a good squad of players, whoever is injured we will have enough about us to get the results required. But yeah, not losing Young or Seedorf could be very important.

Nothing wrong with 150 words, if we have more than 150 then it's less likely people will read them in full and less likely to vote.

Results on Sunday, if the match report needs to be written and posted Tuesday then so be it.

5. Steak or Cake?
Tough question. At a BBQ, Steak. At a party, Cake.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

1. What were your thoughts on the result of your first game? I thought we could have grabbed the three points but Russ is a great manager and a draw was a good result for both of us. T

2. The injuries were announced for the next game, do you think you will miss the players who are out? Probably Cahill but I feel we've got a squad that is able to deal with injuries perhaps more than others.

3. Do you feel that 150 words for tactics is a good limit. If not, what would be a better limit? Make it 250 max, it would allow for slightly more detail without taking it too far

Would you rather have results late, on the Tuesday, or somebody else do
results on the Sunday? Sunday so we don't get too far behind, although Trebs' match reports were brilliant.

5. Steak or Cake?

Cake, always cake.

--

I'd also like to add that Kagawa might be the most overrated player currently in the game.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

1. What were your thoughts on the result of your first game? dissapointed but really no tto bad, the reult was exagerated by the 6 extra probably 1to2 goal win votes, i also feel some voters have let me down by the lack to research they are putting into it,
2. The injuries were announced for the next game, do you think you will miss the players who are out? no starter i was planning to yay
200 will be better
aint olly doing it
5. Steak or Cake?.
Steak im a man
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by puntingred Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm

We won because we deserved to, and undoubtedly I am delighted to get through a tough opening encounter.

It's unfortunate that some of our youngsters are out, but we should have enough to get by despite these injuries.

I like the limit, brief and concise meaning managers need to think about what they need to prioritise.

Sunday, consistency is best.

puntingred

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm

WEEK THREE QUESTIONS

1. Are you happy with the result of the last game?
2. Do you have any players for sale at the club?
3. After a couple of games, who do you think could be the surprise package this season?
4. Which manager is the best tactically?
5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Are you happy with the result of the last game?
YES but could have more

Yes

3. After a couple of games, who do you think could be the surprise package this season?
Spurs

Hard one i think Hero.

5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Dislike both prefer Water.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:50 pm

I am very happy. To get a point away at one of the bigger teams was a great result for my side.

No. I am happy with my 30 man squad.

Stoke. Or Norwich.

Marky is pretty tactically good, I thought I showed myself well against Liverpool. Bit early to make a definitive answer yet.

5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:55 pm

WEEK THREE QUESTIONS

No but Hero's, Spurs are a good team

Maybe a few

Stoke

Marky, despite the United result. Kagawa is overrated.

5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Well I was drinking Pepsi earlier and now have a can of coke

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:
WEEK THREE QUESTIONS

5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

1. Not suprised about the defeat, however some of the comments were uncalled for..

2.Willing to listen to offers for anyone, however dosent mean they will be sold..

3.West ham Whistle

4.No-one its all a fix!

5.Pepsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:41 pm

WEEK THREE QUESTIONS

1. Olly fought well so he probably did enough to earn a point, I would have liked to win this one though.

2. Anyone can go if the offer is right.

3. Norwich, Swansea and Stoke could all finish high.

4. David James and Marky both seem to know what they're doing.

5. Coca-Cola

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:04 pm

1. It was 3 points in the bag and we played attractive attacking football to boot, Hazard has clearly settled with great form to net a brace.

2. We're looking at striking options at present especially with Ade injured,this week, if the right player becomes available then we'll happily snap him up.

3. I'm really liking how Reading have gone about their business in the transfer market, bought some decent players in and they ran Arsenal close.

4. Me.

5. Either if they're accompanied by a double JD.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:30 pm

I'm pleased with a draw against a tough side in Newcastle, but I'm only ever happy with a win.

No-one's really "For sale" as such, but we take every offer on it's merit and weigh up the pros and cons of accepting it.

Hopefully ourselves, but if not then Tottenham winning the league would be a suprise, yet I can see it happening.

Simply too early to tell, but I always aim to be the best, hopefully me.

5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola. By a narrow margin.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 pm

I was delighted with the performence. The lads gave there 100% and thats all i wanted. Scoreline was harsh and we deserved a point. Good to see Drogba score again.
Im willing to listen to any offers for any player if the price is the right.
Norwich have a superb manager and could be a tough nut to crack.
Olly is proving it at this moment.
5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 pm

A good win and although we fell behind we kept going and got the victory we deserved. Onwards and upwards especially as the new signings gel together.
Always
Stoke are set up very well
Marky. Should be two wins from two except for the Kagawagasm that happened in week 1
5. Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola, Pepsi is disgusting

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 pm

WEEK FOUR QUESTIONS
1. Are you happy with the last result?
2. Do you like the idea of two foreign offers per week?
3. Who is the best player in the league?
4. Do you like the idea of manager of the month?
5. Chocolate or sweeties?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Not really. But I don't think we were gonna get anything against Spurs.

Yes, because my ones are usually crap.

Grant Holt or Aaron Wilbraham

Yes - so long as I win it once!

Sweeties
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 pm

3-1 away v a team that held Liverpool one of my rivals is a great result, couldn't be happier.

Yes, it needs a kickstart to stimulate the market more.

Modric without question

Yes, although I think the previous months should be ineligible for the following one

Chocolate everytime

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 am

1. We won, so yes obviously
2. I don't make any anyways
3. Gareth McCleary
4. As long as its me
5. Choc
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 am

onlytreblewinners wrote:WEEK FOUR QUESTIONS

1. Reasonably happy, a draw v Liverpool isn't too shabby.
2. Yes (reminds me, I'll be doing that in the morning...)
3. Probably Hazard or Higuain.
4. Yes, as long as there's a cash prize.
5. Both, but at a push, sweeties.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

1.No but it wasnt unexpected
2.No 1 per day is good...
3.Julien Faubert
4.Yes
5.Cholocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:54 pm

1) Not really as felt we would do enough for a win, but well played to Enigma and his Villa side

2) If it means that more cash will be in the league yes as deals have really dried up

3) Nikica Jelavic.... seriously though Luka Modric

4) As long as people don't vote for themselves and its not a popularity contest then yes

5) Depends on my mood

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 pm

The last result means nothing, with a new manager and staff in place our season starts now. In saying that I do admire the players commitment and fully believe they can develop into a very good team/squad.

I do, it adds financial stimulus into a league dominated by the big clubs

Wayne Rooney has proven himself to be the current top player in the PL

Yes it gives us all something to aim for, the award itself may not mean anything in the grand scheme of things but you know you set your team up well and gained some good points that month - what we all aim for.

Sweetie

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:15 am

Yes superb win the boys did class and now to build on to this weeks game against Southampton.
No. 1 a week.
Drogba at this moment in time. The lad is doing so well its a pleasure and hounour to be his manager.
Yes 100%

Without question Chocolate

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Week whatever we're on questions

1. How do you feel the season is going so far compared to your expectations?
2. Would you like a 500k incentive for predicting results?
3. What position do you feel is your strongest?
4. Conversely, what position would you like to strengthen?
5. Mash or Chips?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 pm

It is going ok, I hope to really push on. I want to try and finish top half if possible.

I think it has to be either this or an extra injury.

Definately midfield. Fox, Allen, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan, Butterfield are all good central midfielders and Burke, Pilks and Snoddy on the wings all offer different threats.

I would like to get in a real big name signing. Maybe another striker.

5. Mash or Chips?

Chips
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Fantastic, top of the league and still in the cup. I was aiming for a CL place knowing that Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal had on paper stronger squads initially and thought I'd be scrapping with Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle for the 4th spot.

I'd like to see more people submit them so whatever it takes to get them in is neccessary.

Midfield without question, Fellaini, Modric, Hazard, Bale, Dzagoev, Barkley. It's one that in RL could challenge the best.

I know Damiao is quality, he proved it at the Olympics and I expect a RL move to a top Euro club to follow before the window closes, other options up front though would be nice.

5. Mash or Chips?

Chips given a choice but over fussed on either. Give me some couscous anyday.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next