The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERL Season 4 - Media Page

+5
Sgt_Pooly
CJB
GloucesterBear
Bathite
pullthestrings
9 posters

Go down

ERL Season 4 - Media Page Empty ERL Season 4 - Media Page

Post by pullthestrings Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Homepage

TOP STORY

Let the games begin!

After a forced week's break, the ERL is back up and running with a full quota of managers. Blogs has decided to come back in what has been dubbed as his last chance as league runner Pullthestrings loses his patience. A welcome return from ERL old boy Hon has lifted the spirits of the managers, as well as the transfer activity.

GOSSIP COLUMN

Utility back Banahan has stated his is delighted to be back with manager Hon in what he described as 'a special relationship'.

Having spent the generous budget bonuses from last week, managers are egerly awaiting the £10 mil bonus on Wednesday 1st June.

Saracens manager Bathite has impressed yet again by securing Richard Kahui, completing his all New Zeland back line.

ERL WORLD XV
01. Thomas Domingo (FRA)09.16.
02. William Servat (FRA)10.17.
03. Owen Franks (NZL)18.
04. Brad Thorn (NZL)11.19.
05. Victor Matfield (RSA)12.
06. Juan Smith (RSA)13.20.
07. Richie McCaw (NZL)14.21.
08. Sergio Parisse (ITA)15.22.

PRESS CONFERENCE

1 – What would be your Northern Hemisphere XV?

2 – What did you make of England's performance against the Barbarians?

3 – ERL Spotlight: OSPREYS

4 – World team selection: Scrum Half?

Last edited by pullthestrings on Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

ERL Season 4 - Media Page Empty Re: ERL Season 4 - Media Page

Post by Bathite Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 pm

1. So far so good. I like that it shows the pages recently commented on. The mobile version of the page is really useable as well, but unless I am being stupid, I can't seem to post messages.

2. Tigers. The team that finish top should win the prem. Wont happen next season, as Saracens won't lose any players to the world cup as they are all kolpaks

3. Has got off to a good start but this set of injuries may be telling. Needs work at hook and only one sh. Centres brilliant but no replacements

4. Parisse. Every day of the week. Read is brilliant but the italian has been brilliant for what 7 odd years now

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Bathite told me to have a look and it looks interesting will have a crack at this i think.

1 – What do you make of the new 606v2 site?
As 606 is closing many people have left already, but it's great to see people making 606 rebounds and keeping the legacy going. I have seen three 606ish websites including this one and this one looks good, happy so far.

2 – Who do you think will win the Premiership?
Has to be Leicester Tigers, I think Northampton are a much tougher side to beat than Saracens on there day. Tigers are better all over the field and will most likely be too strong for Sarries for a second season running, they did finish top and deserve it overall aswell.

Interestingly I was hoping that the person who runs Ospreys wouldn't turn up on 606v2 website, but he did. The reason being this of course is his side, it is a very exciting starting 15 as I mentioned earlier today, amazing backs see a Crusaders centre partnership and two amazing kickers in Steyn and O'Connor, also the second row is excellent how the hell do you get that Shocked

4 – World team selection: Number 8?
Plenty of good one's I have to say and can't fault this World team selection you do so far no McCaw though every fantasy side needs McCaw in surely. On form I have to go for Kieren Read however, the past two years he has been the best 8 in World Rugby so I will choose him. Of course Parisse would come a nail inch second with Lobbe and Heaslip 3rd and 4th.

Phew that was pretty good willing to do more of these how often do they occur?
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Fri May 20, 2011 10:55 pm

You forgotten Hari?

Think he is easily > Lobbe tbh

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Oh yes I did flaming hell lol

Well he will be 3rd then, Heaslip 4th and Lobbe 5th.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Sun May 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Will contribute on this Sunday afternoon, after looking at the press conferences on the Aviva game and this game I think I know what to say Smile

Gloucester Bear talks to Rugby World about Toulon, transfers and his achievement targets for the rest of the season.

Rugby World:Welcome to the ERL Gloucester Bear how do you feel about joining the league and coaching a top French side as in Toulon?

"I have enjoyed the first couple of weeks in this league and with Toulon, I have set out an early stall of where we need to improve and looking at our league position where our gameplans need to be, there are very good teams in this league, and im hoping with some changes we can be one of them, I feel a good vibe in the ERL so far and I feel a good vibe with myself and the Toulon fans, it should be an exciting rollercoaster but it's one im really looking forward to"

Rugby World:Indeed you have come in at a difficult time, but do you actually believe you can change Toulon into a very good outfit which would be difficult to beat?

"I really hope so, it's going to be a rollercoaster ride like I said but it should be exciting, there will be good times and bad times but I believe with the right sources our team can climb out of the bottom, it will be a very difficult task but a task which is possible, I just want to get going now and see what the first couple of weeks bring for myself and my team, then look at what we have done in Weeks 9, 10 and 11 and go from there"

Rugby World:You have certainly set out a stall as you have said, are you pleased with the changes you have made to the side so far?

"Immensely so, I have been getting deals made to us quite often and I have made a few possible deals to clubs myself, but the players I have gained from doing this are exceptional players, Woodcock and Mealamu in the front three are experienced something which I wanted when I first joined, same with buying Chris Jack to partner Ali at second row, both experienced internationals who should work well together, I identified my back row as the real weakness but we have changed that for the better with the additions of Kelly Brown, Fulgence Ouedraego and Ben McCalman, lastly we have lost a real gem in Matt Giteau, but have gained one of the on form wingers in Rugby right now in Zac Guildford, we have also signed Poitrenaud and Donald so these names are no pushovers, these are really quality who should bring something good to our side"

Rugby World:Have you got any targets in mind?

"Yes we have a couple, domestics we have targeted a couple of players but im really looking at Sergio Parrise and Drew Mitchell from Stade Francais, I have also enquired about Sean O'Brien but nothing has materialised yet, foreigns we need wingers and maybe another centre, im a very keen fan of Rob Horne as a 13, also admittingly I have a few Gloucester players in mind in Dave Attwood, JSD and young Henry Trinder, but my next target is definitely wing I have two in mind but im going to keep them closely underwrapped"

Rugby World:Have you set out to make some real friends from the ERL, who have you dealt with so far?

"Saracens coach Bathite is a very helpful, Bathite has shown me the ropes if you like and has steered me in the right direction so far, I hope to keep Pullthestrings sweet who has made this ERL into a fantastic game and a fantastic advertisement to young rugby fans, meanwhile prop_lyd of course being two Gloucester fans should have a good connection together, im really liking most people so far, apart from the one's I haven't had any contact with yet, but when they come back hopefully we can get on really well together"

Rugby World:What achievements are you looking to get out of Toulon, avoid relegation should be the main aspect right?

"Indeed we have bowed out in both cup competions sadly enough, so we just have the league to concentrate on now, my achievement im setting is to get Toulon off the bottom and hopefully finish mid-table"

Rugby World:Your first game then, against Stade Francais away from home, another French side what are you hoping to get out of that encounter?

"Im just hoping that we give them a good performance, and make them play good Rugby. They will be on home turf but we are more than capable of picking up an away win, that's what we will set out to do I want my team to get off to the perfect start and show me why I decided to take the team on in the first place, it will be a hard match but I believe we have enough in our tank to give them a real test they look good in the backs but we look good in the forwards, if our tight five are on form and our back row carry the ball turnover well and dominate at the breakdown we can easily pick up a win but they look dangerous on the attack, but I wish LukelovesLuka all the best on this game"

Rugby World:So you believe with the players you have at the moment, and maybe some new signings along the way, you could make Toulon into a real force?

"Like I said I really hope so, it will be difficult but I have done well so far we have a good bunch of talented players and experience all over the field and they say in every sport, a team needs youth and experience and we have certainly got that from Mealamu, Woodcock, Jack and Kelleher to Ouedraego, McCalman, Lambie, Guildford and Visser that just shows what I want in our side, up so far at youth and experience it's all thumbs Toulon and im really hoping for good things"

Rugby World:Thanks for your time Gloucester Bear and we wish you all the best for the future.

"Thank you very much it has been a joy to hold an interview with Rugby World"
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun May 29, 2011 5:07 pm

You have way too much time on your hands lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Ex-Bath manager Banafan is back!

after a short stint away from rugby he has been persuaded to take the helm of Northampton Saints by his old friends Prop & Driver.

His statement of taking the club by the scruff and strengthening the side has been affirmed by the new signings of his old club captain Matt Banahan from his old club Bath.

There are big players we are after but we will look to strengthen the squad throughout and not just in concentrate on one particular area.

So some big names may have to make way for new signings to the Saints.

And already Rocky Elsoms and Paul O'Connells futures are under scrutiny . . .

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 pm

In MY (am not saying this is the best but it's my choice Smile ) northern Hemisphere XV would be:
1. Andrew Sheridan
2. Dylan Hartley
3. Martin Castrogiovanni

4. Paul O'Connell
5. Courtney Lawes

6. Tom Croft
7. Imanol Harinordoquy
8. Sergio Parrisse

9. Ben Youngs
10. Johnny Wilkinson

11. Chris Ashton
12. Matt Banahan
13. Brian O'Driscol
14. Auriien Rougerie
15. Ben Foden

like I said maybe not the bees tbut my choice Smile

You could hardly call it ENgland, maybe their 3rd string side considering the saxons will eon duty and there were cup matches and leagues to be finished off.

On the whole as a spectacle it was an entertaining game of rugby for the fans. You can't expect sides like that to gel in on e game against an wealth of experience - i would have liked to see the difference in amount of caps per side!

However Marler, Banhan, JSD & Narrarway all had a good game and it was great for the young less experienced lads to get a run out against equality side.

Steves side - not sure how any team has done so far this season as have just joined as a manager.
Looking at his side I would say that he needs a top draw hooker, bruno and Bennet are good but someone just that step up would do him well.
Second row looks tasty with sharpe and matfield and his back line has plenty of skill.
with a devastating 12/13 combination of SBW and fruean has has also the finishing power with Bowe and Cueto as well. Only other position where he needs to strengthen is full back.

Otherwise not a bad looking side, but can see them struggling against some of the better equipped teams.

Hard one:
1. FDP maybe?
2. Will Genia
3. Ben Youngs

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 am

1. Jenkins
2. Servat
3. Castro
4. Lawes
5. POC
6. Croft
7. Dusuatoir
8. Parisse

9. Youngs
10. Sexton
11. Rougerie
12. Poitrenaud
13. BOD
14. Ashton
15. Foden

Suprisingly good I thought - few exciting performances.

Easily one of the best teams in the league. Hell of a front five, good back row and some world class players in the backs. Great work.

Youngs for me.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Jones
4. Davies
5. POC
6. Ferris
7. Warburton
8. Parisse (Just from Heaslip)
9. Parra
10. Hook
11. Clerc
12. Jauzion
13. Canale
14. Halfpenny
15. Foden

2 – What did you make of England's performance against the Barbarians? Difficult to play against a team which simply wants to run the ball. Impressed by Banahan, Marler, Paice. JSD showed me why he should go to WC.

3 – ERL Spotlight: OSPREYS - I still need a hooker and would like another World Class backrower. Depth also an issue.

Will Genia by couple of country miles

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 pm

I'll base this on my favourite players, rather then form.

Jenkins
Hartley
Jones
Nallet
Lawes
Heaslip
Dusatoir
Parisse

Parra
Wilkinson
Medard
Jauzion
BOD
Bowe
Foden

Havn't had a chance to see it yet, was on the beers all day at the Test Match!

I like the signing of TOL, I was a little concerned that Blair had no back up, so now there is real competition for the 9 shirt. Although very strong in centres and lock, think some adjustments are needed to challenge Toulouse and Scots, who have a few more big names.

For me FDP. Does the basics very well, but what I like about him is his intelligence and reading of the game, which is second to none.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Jenkins
Servat
Castro
Lawes
Davies
Ferris
Dusautoir
Heaslip
Parra
Flood
Ashton
Mermoz
O'Driscoll
Bowe
Masi

Fielded some new and exciting players, even though they lost they lead for much of the game and looked pretty good, some players made a real statement.

Has some very very good players, but lacks depth as Steven says himself some good partnerships especially at centre , a good fly-half and O'Connor etc... is a very strong back line, forwards not so much apart from the second row pairing.

I would go for Ben Youngs but something is directing me to Parra, so I will go with the Frenchman.

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down