The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tyres, engines and drivers.

3 posters

Go down

tyres, engines and drivers. Empty tyres, engines and drivers.

Post by hmm is it? Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:02 am

hello all, long time reader first time poster. but after a session on f1 2012 on the xbox 360. (trying to keep up with the season. about to start spa.) got me thinking about rumours and such about next season. with the engine changes and the possibility of a shared tyre manufacture between ferreli and Michelin (am hoping) do people think that the top four/five drivers and teams could be in for a shock. and a few new teams and existing ones could spring a new era of wheel to wheel racing?

hmm is it?

Back to top Go down

tyres, engines and drivers. Empty Re: tyres, engines and drivers.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:45 am

No, fully expect the top teams to dominate the sport because they have the infrastructure, finances, personnel & top drivers to overcome regulation changes. There maybe a slight mix-up in the early stages, like there usually is with regulation changes, however once the season begins and the development race unfolds heading into the European phase, this will see the bigger teams rise to the top. As for a new era of wheel to wheel racing, not sure about that because of the uncertainty with the tyres. There will be more fuel conservation and bigger dependence on engine performance and integrated KERS systems, which give double the power of previous seasons. Complete unknown really until AUS 14`

Back to top Go down

Post by hmm is it? Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 am

(speechless).. but erm but!!! Headscratch 

hmm is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:04 am

I have to agree with John. The main protagonists next season will be Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes and maybe McLaren may be more competitive. Other than that only Lotus may gatecrash and get a win or two but that is about it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm

John pretty much hit the nail on the head.

That said, with Honda coming into the mix as a new engine supplier, we could see one or two surprises. At the moment I only know they're going to supply McLaren, but if any of the lower teams choose Honda engines (and they turn out to be really good)...well, you never know...

The new, bigger KERS systems will also be critical. Whoever can develop the most powerful and reliable system will have a big advantage. That said, you can expect the biggest, best-funded teams to lead the way here.

On a personal note, I'm hoping Red Bull struggle here Wink

Other than that, I wouldn't expect to see any massive changes to the established order.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down