The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc?

+10
Crimey
Mat
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hornbloweroafc
sodhat
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
hbk48942
14 posters

Go down

Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? Empty Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc?

Post by hbk48942 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:07 pm

title says it all , when you have been playing this types of games , which of the signings you made have been the best/worst , which players have made the biggest impact and which players cost a lot but didn't do much?

best

Keita on Football Manager for £2.5m for Everton , was on the transfer list at his ex club and I signed him and he scored a lot of goals as I got in the Europa league.

worst
don't think I have made many shocking signings but remember buying Dos Santos for 15m on PES and he only scored about 1 in his first season.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? Empty Re: Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc?

Post by Hero Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm

Worse one I've had is Neymar on one management version of Fifa 13, broke his leg in the 2nd game, out for the rest of the season, soon as he returns he tells me he wants to move club.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? Empty Re: Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:14 pm

My claim to fame was Ronaldinho before he was big. Played him behind Inzaghi at Juve in my Championship Manager years.

I have played Championship Manager since CM2, but Ronaldinho in around 97 98 is definitely my top signing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:27 pm

My best signing on FM was probably Lucas Andersen on 2012 game. He's since moved to Ajax but played for one of the Danish clubs, I was Forest and had scouted a few players and he cam back with glowing reports. Had him on loan in the Championship and signed him permanent when I got promoted. Went on to top Premier league assists charts two years running and scored 7 in his first and 13 in his second from the right wing position

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:42 pm

I bought a guy called James Flood for Arsenal on Championship Manager 2001, for about £250k. He was an up and coming striker who I planned to pick within 2 to 3 years. I had a massive injury crisis so had to put him on the bench in a FA cup game within his first season. I was losing 2-0 with 20 minutes to go, so threw him on. He scored a hat trick, and was the lynchpin of my side after that.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 10 Sep 2013, 7:17 pm

some great signings from champ man days were, mark kerr from falkrik. freddy guarin, robben and ruud on one of the early champ mans before they were well known. daniel jensen was also awesome. cant really remember what versions they were all on most of them from around 98/99-99/00

taribo west on a free transfer used to be a great signing and a nigerian defender who's name i cant spell you could get for around 200k and he'd be one of the best in the game

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:30 am

My statistically best signing might actually be from FM12 when I was Pescara and I picked up Lucas Viatri from Boca for £500k. He went on to be Serie A top scorer in his three seasons. Stats wise he is average, like 15 finishing, 14 heading, 12 pace, but in terms of value he's been immense.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

And the best Fifa 13 signing is Andre Schurrle by the way. £12m from Bayer Leverkusen. Stick him on the left wing and watch him cut inside and score loads.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

Sharbel Touma on an old Champ Manager (99/00?). Left winger for Sweden could sign him for around 200k.

Cherno Samba, young english striker scored for fun and became England's number 9.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:52 pm

Oh dont forget get freddy adu when he was 15

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:04 pm

Walter Ghazarian
Peter Prospar
Stefan Ishizaki

And on Champ Man 95-96, if you played in Scotland you could sign Diego Maradona. I had him + Gazza + Laudrup + the de Boers Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:17 pm

Players from the old champ mans:

Karl Heinze Pfilpsen
Tommy Snidival Larson
Ruben Sosa
Ever Moas
Maxim Tsigalko
Micky Evans
Tonton Zola Moukoko
Cherno Samba
Mark Kerr
Freddy Adu
Ibrahima Bakayako
Georgi Kakalov
Anatoli Todorov

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:18 pm

A couple of seasons ago you could pick up Marco Veratti on Football Manager for about 500k and was good then, after a couple of years he would be easily the best player on the team.

Emile Mpenza is a decent signing on FM13 on a free in the lower leagues, scores tons of goals.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:52 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Tonton Zola Moukoko
Greatest player on CM ever. I had one season he scored 62 goals in the Prem for Alfreton Town Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:07 pm

compelling and rich wrote:some great signings from champ man days were, mark kerr from falkrik. freddy guarin, robben and ruud on one of the early champ mans before they were well known. daniel jensen was also awesome. cant really remember what versions they were all on most of them from around 98/99-99/00

taribo west on a free transfer used to be a great signing and a nigerian defender who's name i cant spell you could get for around 200k and he'd be one of the best in the game
Was it Isaac Okoronkwo?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:43 am

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:some great signings from champ man days were, mark kerr from falkrik. freddy guarin, robben and ruud on one of the early champ mans before they were well known. daniel jensen was also awesome. cant really remember what versions they were all on most of them from around 98/99-99/00

Was it Isaac Okoronkwo?
yep thats the man!! think he was at shaktar back in the day when they didnt have shed loads of money so you could pick him up really cheap and he was class

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:17 pm

It isn't me but on my current FM12 save, Celtic are transfer kings. They sign players really cheap and sell them on for double, triple sometimes ten times the price the next year, it's ridiculous. Every year it's the same as well, they bring in about ten players and then sell a lot of them the next summer for a huge profit and they won the SPL 8 years in a row while doing this (Rangers were never demoted in this universe.) Sometimes I've seen them sign a player on a free or for a pittance and sell them for loads in January of the same season!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

Ah yes Okoronkwo, he basically had every physical stat 20 on one of my saves.

Julius Agahowa was also a beast aswell.

Georgi Kakalov and Anatoli Todorov was probably my favourite ever signings. Signed them for Napoli (when they were not good) in the first season for around 300k each and they would both bang around 40 + goals every season. Also on the save Morton Gamst Pederson was world class. Aswell as Lewis Buxton Laugh I think I won Serie A every season on after the 3rd season along with numerous European Cups.

My favourite player on any save would have to be Ibrahimovic on FM2005 or 2006? 70 + goals a season. Was untouchable.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:47 pm

I think it was Champ Man 01/02 where I had my Nuneaton Borough game. There was one home-grown striker, Luke Murphy or something, that I sold every season to Inter Milan for £50m, then bought back off them for £20m-£30m. Every season for about 6 seasons!

Same game, I got Ian Evatt on a free transfer. I can't play the save anymore (I don't have the machine), but by the time I'd stopped playing it, he was still playing aged 47, and had just passed the 200 caps for England mark (I was manager...) Best/Worst Signings you have made on Football Manager , Fifa , Championship Manager etc? 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:58 pm

Cavenaghi, a striker for about £15million. Lethal back in my CM4 days.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Cavenaghi, a striker for about £15million. Lethal back in my CM4 days.
good shout, was he the Argentinian? used to be able to get some tasty argies in some of the early games aimar, riquelme and martin palermo used to be cracking signings when they were still in argentina before they made it big

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm

Tuncay Sanli in Champ Man 2006.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:31 pm

Rhys Murphy always used to be a beast on I think it was Champ Manager 09, used to be able to pick him up for a free from Arsenal at 16 and he'd score bucket loads for Norwich in League 1. You could also pinch Bale and co from Saints academy.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

On FM11 I signed Gael Kukuta on loan from Chelsea for Bromley in the Blue Square South league, he ripped it up. Then in the January he got his year's ban Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:47 pm

Champ Manager

Andre Sigporsson from an Icelandic team bagged the goals whilst having finishing 12
To Madeira from a Portugese team for about 65 k and would score bucket loads

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down