The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake White

3 posters

Go down

Jake White Empty Jake White

Post by dallym Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 am

So, is he still willing/available to take over the Wallabies position?

dallym

Back to top Go down

Jake White Empty Re: Jake White

Post by Brendan Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:15 pm

I don't think his style would be any good with Aus players it would be like Ireland and i doubt the fans would stand for the style.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm

I think Jake White would be successful with AUS in a hypothetical situation... but at what cost?

White has done miracles at the brumbies... he turned them from a middle to bottom ranked side to within touching distance of the title... had it been anywhere outside of the chiefs backyard I think the brumbies would have taken the spoils. He did it without buying big as well, he worked with what he had mainly.

SA in 2003 where in terrible shape.... the worst they have ever been in my memory and he organised them into a world class unit in months. The only issue is here that in 2004 White had a lot of players like Montgomery and Du Randt to fall back who were ignored by Straeuli.
Those 2 players in specific gave him a consistent kicker, attacking options at 10 to look at in van der Westhuyzen and a solid scrum to work off.... thats a big change from Straeuli's era.

AUS have tight five issues.... its all good and well taking about them but where are the players? To be honest I don't see many coming through. Will Skelton is one I'd like to see fast tracked into the side.... but get him on a treadmill, pronto... he needs to lose 10kg at least.
If you have a chap like Skelton, that AUS pack will not go backwards. He's a machine.. but alas he only lasts 50 mins in his current fitness levels.

I can imagine White would also start scouting around the highveld for possible converts too. Wouldn't exactly prove popular in either nation.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down