The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+26
Otagolad
The Mangler US_UK
Norfolkinchance
TM Moot
cabowers
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
QuarterbackSneak
Colan (niner)
cherriesfna
Pr4wn
sodhat
mikeygnfl
Take it to the house
adams_legend
Number-25
Breadvan
Bull
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Thomond
NYJ
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
GSC
30 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFFs team of week 1 if anyone cares

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: LeSean McCoy
FB: Colin Mooney
TE: Julius Thomas
WR: Anquan Boldin, Danny Amendola
T: Brandon Albert, Austin Howard
G: Evan Mathis, Marshal Yanda
C; Jason Kelce

DL: JJ Watt, Jurell Casey, Gerald McCoy
Edge Rushers: Robert Quinn, Cam Wake
ILB: Derrick Johnson, DeAndre Levy
CB: Chris Harris, Cary Williams
S: Eric Berry, Ryan Mundy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 23 Sep 2013, 1:57 am

Russell Wilson is only the fifth QB in the NFL (since 1970) to go 10-0 in his first 10 home games.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:22 am

And I thought Jacksonville would be the worst team coming to London this year *cough* Pittsburgh *cough*
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:37 am

BEARS WIN!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:25 am

49ers need some speed. That's a pretty slow offense. The Colts just came up, pressed the entire field and made Kaepernick make good throws to beat them.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:27 am

Don't understand why they just didn't pound it on the ground more, not like Gore and co weren't having success.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

Well Olly, you don't want to take it out of the most talented QB Evers hands.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:50 am

I never saw the 49ers game last night but I'm intrigued by this downturn in the 49ers fortunes. What's going on? With the way Kaperwhatshisname is being built up I was expecting more.

You do have to love the timing of Colan's proclamation of Kap as the most talented QB in the league - right before he was schooled by Wilson and Luck's teams. Beautiful!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:52 am

Andrew Luck is by far the best of the young QB's imo. What a player he is going to be
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

Number-25 wrote:I never saw the 49ers game last night but I'm intrigued by this downturn in the 49ers fortunes. What's going on? With the way Kaperwhatshisname is being built up I was expecting more.

You do have to love the timing of Colan's proclamation of Kap as the most talented QB in the league - right before he was schooled by Wilson and Luck's teams. Beautiful!
Willis went off injured, rumors that Aldon Smith is gonna be deactivated for the season and put into rehab, with his locker already cleared. Already 2 games behind Seattle. Not a great start
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:01 pm

What a player he already is.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:14 pm

Olly wrote:Andrew Luck is by far the best of the young QB's imo. What a player he is going to be
I agree Olly.

RG3 is looking like what he is - a second year QB still learning the game but who should still be OK if he and everyone else just flippin calms down and the offense gets back to playing the type of game it has been built for.

Kap seems to be hitting some second year struggles now that the team around him has suffered an injury/DUI or two.

Wilson continues to look fine enough but you still just wonder how much of that is down to the great team he has around him.

Luck walked into a mess last year and looked good. He still looks good this year. He'll be a top QB in this league for years. You can easily see him being like Manning and Brady a few years down the line. Couldn't be as certain of that with the others. He just looks like a natural.

Should I include Weeden here?

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

Not really hell be looking for a new team next season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:16 pm

I wouldn't

All about Terrelle Pryor tho Number-25!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

Remember when Von Miller and Aldon Smith were going to rule the NFL defensively...
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm

Olly wrote:I wouldn't

All about Terrelle Pryor tho Number-25!!!
Haha! Forgot about him!! Tell you what though, with the Redskins defense headed to Oakland this weekend coming, Pryor is about to have the best day of his career!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 23 Sep 2013, 1:09 pm

If you lose to us, Number-25, your season could be reasonably called unsalvageable.

Of course the worst part for you is that you'd have a high pick that goes straight to the Rams...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm

Jets win again as we have two 100 yard receivers, a 100 yard RB and a 300 yard QB. Defense sacked Manuel 8 times and limited CJ Spiller to 0.9 yard average on his 10 carries before he was injured.

2-1.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

I was impressed by Manuel. Didn't think he'd be ready this early.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:47 pm

Manuel/Geno have shown some good early signs so far, both look to have lots of potential.

Aldon Smith out indefinately, big blow to the 49ers D which has been struggling recently
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:06 pm

Number-25 wrote:I never saw the 49ers game last night but I'm intrigued by this downturn in the 49ers fortunes. What's going on? With the way Kaperwhatshisname is being built up I was expecting more.

There is a difference between being the best and the most talented, I'll stand by that, nobody has physical tools like him. But he, along with the 49ers entire team have been pish last 2 games, if they don't beat the Rams, will need to be some serious soul searching.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:38 pm

If we're talkin just pure physical skills then its obviously Vick. Then RG3. They were first round picks on talent.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

GSC wrote:If we're talkin just pure physical skills then its obviously Vick. Then RG3. They were first round picks on talent.
Nah, Vick doesn't have the same stature and is made of glass. RG3 I could give you possibly if he stayed healthy but he hasn't. In pure physical terms, CK and RG3 far and away the most special in league.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

Vicks probably the greatest athlete in NFL history.

4.25 speed, can launch a ball down the field simply by flicking it. If Kaepernick was really such an all time physical specimen he wouldn't have been a second round pick.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

Hell, throw Cam ahead too. I'm sorry, but the most talented guy ever would've been a first round pick.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm

GSC wrote:Hell, throw Cam ahead too. I'm sorry, but the most talented guy ever would've been a first round pick.
Don't buy that at all, have Heyward Bay or Ginn worked out, and why was Taylor Mays only a second rounder. Have Gronkowsi, Graham, Marshall, Wake etc not always been freaky physical talents who didn't go in the first because of a multitude of reasons. CK played in a gimmick offense and had (still has) a weird throwing motion and isn't technically sound as such, thats why he went second, not because he lacked size, speed or arm strength. Like I said, not the best but most physically talented along with RG3 if he gets back to best, you only have to watch to see that. I've watched Newton a lot trackking back to college, not as fast as either and imo doesn't the howitzer arm everyone talks about. I'm only saying CK is most physically talented now, not ever

Last edited by Colan (niner) on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm

I didn't spot that Curtis Painter got some snaps for the Giants in their loss... he threw an INT

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm

He plays QB. The most talented QB ever would go in the first on pure upside

Kaepernick is a talented guy no doubt, but most ever? Nope
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

GSC wrote:He plays QB. The most talented QB ever would go in the first on pure upside

I'm not saying ever, talking about right now. And by talent I'm talking purely physical skills

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:22 pm

GSC wrote:He plays QB. The most talented QB ever would go in the first on pure upside

I feel this could be a moment to throw old Tom "Sixth Round" Brady into the ring... obviously not physically talented like RG3 and CK, but you can't say he has no talent and he made it to round 6.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm

plus looking at talent in physical terms only and saying QB would absolutely go in first, you're own team helps dispel that myth with a pre Vick QB

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:

I feel this could be a moment to throw old Tom "Sixth Round" Brady into the ring... obviously not physically talented like RG3 and CK, but you can't say he has no talent and he made it to round 6.
I still find it brilliant that we stumbled across a HOF QB in Round 6, and if it wasn't for the Jets, he probably would've been a backup for a very long time Laugh 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:

plus looking at talent in physical terms only and saying QB would absolutely go in first, you're own team helps dispel that myth with a pre Vick QB
Has anyone ever been as far to go as.

While I await a translation anyone else find it hilarious if RG3 leads the Rams to the first pick
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:43 pm

Randall Cunningham

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:29 pm

RUSSELL WILSON!!!!!!!!

So what's the point of throwing QBs names out then?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 24 Sep 2013, 1:21 am

Q: How close was Rob Gronkowski to playing yesterday?

Belichick: I don't know. He was inactive.

Q: Did he have a shot to play?

Belichick: He was inactive.

Q: Going into the day, was there a chance he'd play?

Belichick: He was inactive for the game.

Q: What about Danny Amendola?

Belichick: He was inactive too.

Q: I know they were inactive.

Belichick: They were inactive so they didn't play.

Q: I think you have an idea how close they were.

Belichick: Well, they weren't able to play. What do you want, percentage points? They couldn't play.

Q: Going into the day, did you know they couldn't play?

Belichick: They were inactive.

Q: That doesn't answer my question.

Belichick: They were inactive, it's as simple as that.
Legend Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 24 Sep 2013, 2:52 am

Broncos 7-0 up on first drive. It doesn't bode well for the Raiders tonight I have almost lost in the West. Up by only 0.30 points now. Need Peyton to go home now! Need another TD by Decker to get over the line in the keeper league.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:00 am

Raiders seem determined to give the Broncos a helping hand, penalties/drops killing them.

Pryor making some nice plays so far. About the only one tho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:24 am

Wasn't as bad on paper as it could have been. I've not watched the highlights yet but I read Pryor played well but also now has a concussion.

DMC got 9 yards from 13 carries. Getting clearer and clearer that he won't be getting a big contract next year. Physically impressive, but I think he needs to move on.

Matt Prater almost closed my 20 point lead going into the game last night with 3 FGs and 5 points after. I would have cried.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:15 pm

Olly wrote:Raiders seem determined to give the Broncos a helping hand, penalties/drops killing them.

Pryor making some nice plays so far. About the only one tho
The Moore TD was nice he did well to get past the two Bronco defenders.

Missed the McFadden TD pass though. http://t.co/CDSzD280Ny
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

It looks like Le'veon Bell is about to become a good quiz question...

In which stadium/ city did Bell make his NFL debut?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:46 pm

That's assuming he doesn't get deep vein thrombosis on the flight over of course.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 24 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

Looks like ridiculous injuries aren't just for the offseason: guess how Nate Burleson managed to break his arm.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm

49ers WRs not named Boldin or Kyle Williams have 1 catch for 6 yards this season.

As does AJ Jenkins
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

GSC wrote:49ers WRs not named Boldin or Kyle Williams have 1 catch for 6 yards this season.

As does AJ Jenkins
Perhaps they should go get Josh Gordon?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm

Someone needs to take the top off defenses. Boldins struggled
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

GSC wrote:Someone needs to take the top off defenses. Boldins struggled
Do they still have Randy Moss???

https://youtu.be/tmJcUlrkMNg

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolkinchance Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:35 pm

Moss is a free agent no? I hear T.O and Ochocinco are still looking for work...Whistle

Norfolkinchance

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

I'd love to see T.O play again
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolkinchance Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

I'm sure many people would, he's an entertainer. Probably time for him to move on though, he's got to be knocking on a bit?

Norfolkinchance

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:48 am

Olly wrote:
Q: How close was Rob Gronkowski to playing yesterday?

Belichick: I don't know. He was inactive.

Legend Laugh
You'd have more success getting a straigh answer from the CIA than getting anything out of Bellichick.

Anyone see that gruesome picture of Rashad Johnson's finger.? Top of it was amputated during a play. Said he didn't realize it until they took his glove off.

It's at the bottom of the article, below the video. Bleah.Shocked 

Not for the squeamish:

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next