The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saul Alvarez

+4
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
YDKSAB
Steffan
8 posters

Go down

Saul Alvarez Empty Saul Alvarez

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

I rate the guy

I hope he wins

I got time for the guy and am sure me and him can drink some beers and shoot some pool in future

Crikey...I would even offer him to use my local gym as a UK training base (providing he pays the £20 a month fees and doesnt mind the fact there is no boxing ring there)

I just have one question though...

A pale skinned ginger haired Mexican??? Whats that all about??? Are you some kinda Michael Jackson wannabe or something???

The truth Saul. I want the truth. If me and you are gonna be like brothers...I want the truth

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez Empty Re: Saul Alvarez

Post by YDKSAB Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

The dude looks Irish. Some funny sh1t Mayweather calling him IRISH and CARROT totally screwing up Canelos MIND.

Canelo still young he can come again but he is OUT of his DEPTH in this fight. No break for Mayweather since last fight so he will be SHARPER than ever. EXPERIENCE and SKILLS going to put a WHOOPING on Canelo!!!

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

He has Irish in him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:12 pm

Him and Mexico seem oblivious to the fact that some Irish dude got at his mum. They treat it like its a wonder of the world.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:23 pm

YDKSAB wrote:The dude looks Irish. Some funny sh1t Mayweather calling him IRISH and CARROT totally screwing up Canelos MIND.

Canelo still young he can come again but he is OUT of his DEPTH in this fight. No break for Mayweather since last fight so he will be SHARPER than ever. EXPERIENCE and SKILLS going to put a WHOOPING on Canelo!!!
Have you suffered a head injury recently?

Apparently Canelo has some Irish ancestry on his mother's side. His mother's maiden name is Barragan which is supposedly the Mexican spelling of the the Irish surname Berrigen. Quite a lot of Mexicans with Irish heritage if Wikipedia is to be believed.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 14 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

I find the universal nature of Irishness quite comforting. Especially when drinking Hennessy Cognac and Chateau Lynch. I still think it marvellous that the national hero of Chile is Bernardo O'Higgins.

As for YDKSAB - I'm afraid that your wit, urbanity and sheer erudition are rather wasted on me, since I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. You couldn't possibly provide a handy primer that might translate your bon mots to the lasting benefit of all humanity, could you?

Our good fortune in sharing a forum with you seems almost unfair and I'm anxious that your savoir faire and brio should be shared by the widest possible audience. Thanks so much.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

If Canelo wins - Where does he go from here - apart from a rematch?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:01 pm

Irish soldiers traveled to fight on the American side against Mexico in the 1840's. During the fighting a group of several 100 Irish soldiers felt more affinity with the Mexicans and changed sides to fight against the Americans. They called themselves the St Patricks Batalion. There is a rebel song written about there exploits which I could post if I wasn't hampered by using my phone.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:I find the universal nature of Irishness quite comforting. Especially when drinking Hennessy Cognac and Chateau Lynch. I still think it marvellous that the national hero of Chile is Bernardo O'Higgins.

As for YDKSAB - I'm afraid that your wit, urbanity and sheer erudition are rather wasted on me, since I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. You couldn't possibly provide a handy primer that might translate your bon mots to the lasting benefit of all humanity, could you?

Our good fortune in sharing a forum with you seems almost unfair and I'm anxious that your savoir faire and brio should be shared by the widest possible audience. Thanks so much.
Talk BOXING instead of trying to act smart bro.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm

YDKSAB wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:I find the universal nature of Irishness quite comforting. Especially when drinking Hennessy Cognac and Chateau Lynch. I still think it marvellous that the national hero of Chile is Bernardo O'Higgins.

Talk BOXING instead of trying to act smart bro.
Yeah, bro.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

Strongback wrote:Irish soldiers traveled to fight on the American side against Mexico in the 1840's. During the fighting a group of several 100 Irish soldiers felt more affinity with the Mexicans and changed sides to fight against the Americans. They called themselves the St Patricks Batalion.  There is a rebel song written about there exploits which I could post if I wasn't hampered by using my phone.
Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

Steffan wrote:
Strongback wrote:Irish soldiers traveled to fight on the American side against Mexico in the 1840's. During the fighting a group of several 100 Irish soldiers felt more affinity with the Mexicans and changed sides to fight against the Americans. They called themselves the St Patricks Batalion.  There is a rebel song written about there exploits which I could post if I wasn't hampered by using my phone.
Regards

The Wakes do a better version, Steffan.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

I'm assuming that bro is an abbreviated form of brother, which is a delightfully post-modern rendition of the word. Obviously I'd be thrilled to be fraternally related to you, but my hopelessly inadequate grasp of both linguistics and the sport of boxing make that unlikely, I fear.

In any case, please continue with your patient tuition for the sake of all of us. It's not often that we have the opportunity to learn at the feet of a master.

Last edited by captain carrantuohil on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Talk BOXING instead of trying to act smart bro
I agree. Cos I know all about Baaaaxing like you. Other people dont know sheet. But im da man

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

Steffan wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:Talk BOXING instead of trying to act smart bro
I agree. Cos I know all about Baaaaxing like you. Other people dont know sheet. But im da man
You da man!

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

Another one is William Brown from County Mayo who became the first ever Admiral of the Argentinian navy. His exploits give him hero status to a level that there are more than 1200 streets named after him in Argentina.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm

If I remember rightly, a Brown scored the first goal of the 86 World Cup final for Argentina as well, strongy. Mind you, there are also a stack of people called Morgan and Roberts inhabiting Argentina and a lot of Edwardses in Chile, to the extent that you can apparently get by speaking Welsh in various parts of Patagonia. Urban myth, I'm sure.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm

Strongback wrote:
Another one is William Brown from County Mayo who became the first ever Admiral of the Argentinian navy. His exploits give him hero status to a level that there are more than 1200 streets named after him in Argentina.
Never heard of Brown, will have to read up on him. Daniel O'Leary was one of Simon Bolivar's closet aides during the war of independence. Buried in the Pantheon in Venezuela, no less.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:If I remember rightly, a Brown scored the first goal of the 86 World Cup final for Argentina as well, strongy. Mind you, there are also a stack of people called Morgan and Roberts inhabiting Argentina and a lot of Edwardses in Chile, to the extent that you can apparently get by speaking Welsh in various parts of Patagonia. Urban myth, I'm sure.
Alot of welsh ancestry in the patagonia region captain, they've even started a suffrage campaign for the livestock Wink

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:39 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Alot of welsh ancestry in the patagonia region captain, they've even started a suffrage campaign for the livestock Wink
Really?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:42 pm

Steffan wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Really?
Hug  Just teasing steffan, don't get any ideas.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:43 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Just teasing steffan
All Muslims are terrorists

Just teasing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm