The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves

+6
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Rodney
Scottrf
Pedro147
10 posters

Go down

Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves Empty Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves

Post by Pedro147 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:09 am

Carl Froch believes his status as a "massive international superstar" is the reason for impressive ticket sales for his bout against George Groves.

Eighteen thousand tickets for the fight in Manchester on 23 November sold out in 11 minutes.

Froch will defend his WBA and IBF super-middleweight belts and has made no secret of his dislike for Groves.

"Boxing, unfortunately for him, is all about levels and I'm in a totally different league," Froch said.

"I've become a massive international superstar. I don't know about 'us two', it's all about me really. If George Groves was fighting somebody else, I don't think he'd have sold out this arena in 10 minutes."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves Empty Re: Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves

Post by Scottrf Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

Like him as a fighter, but really can't like his personality. Some almost get away with his arrogance (mainly those with charisma), he doesn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves Empty Re: Carl Froch claims ticket sales were for him, not George Groves

Post by Rodney Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:14 am

Froch in a clear lead for sports personality tw@t of the year.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Well, they didn't sell out in 11 mins for a start.

There were still £100+ ones available when I was looking at lunchtime.

Now, now, Frochy, starting to look all bitter again......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

Scottrf wrote:Like him as a fighter, but really can't like his personality. Some almost get away with his arrogance (mainly those with charisma), he doesn't.
Foe years Carl has tried to be the brash big mouth thrash talking type fighter. He tried to goad Calzaghe years ago but Carl is dull as dish water. Some people can pull off arrogance and some can't. Mayweather is an international superstar so is Manny. Ward, Garcia, Froch are NOT internationally known on the microphone.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

Froch is a weird dude when he does his gladiator talking. It's like Fat Mick told him years ago that he should jive it up a bit in interviews but what comes out is serial killer creepy.

He would make your skin turn cold.

All the same I can't imagine he hangs around with his mates talking this kind of guff.

"I am the the Warrior King and you are my subjects, Johnny get to the bar and bring me drinks or I will pierce you skull with my knuckle protruding 10 ounce gloves."

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:30 am

Strongback wrote:Froch is a weird dude when he does his gladiator talking.  It's like Fat Mick told him years ago that he should jive it up a bit in interviews but what comes out is serial killer creepy.

He would make your skin turn cold.

All the same I can't imagine he hangs around with his mates talking this kind of guff.  

"I am the the Warrior King and you are my subjects, Johnny get to the bar and bring me drinks or I will piece you skull with my knuckle protruding 10 ounce gloves."
He drinks at The Trench Inn in Nottingham.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:31 am

Froch is right...........He is the big name......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:45 am

Thought Froch looked quite menacing in the face off with Groves. In defense of Froch is it possible that Groves could be a bit of a boobie and generally has the gift of winding people up the wrong way? Seems to have the ability to fall out with people quite frequently.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

Pedro147 wrote:
He claims not to drink...

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:58 am

smashingstormcrow wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
He claims not to drink...
Claims to be a medieval warrior fighting in trenches too.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Sep 2013, 4:25 pm

Hope Groves gives everybody a present and drops this knob

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 4:29 pm

That's If his tongue comes through customs..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down