The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?

+11
Izzi
lambertm100
bhb001
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
captain carrantuohil
owen10ozzy
Steffan
azania
Seanusarrilius
15 posters

Go down

Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?  Empty Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:42 pm

Let's get them down on paper (figuratively speaking).

I have a feeling about the following fights:

Ryder will KO Saunders
Marquez will KO Bradley
Haye will KO Tyson Fury incredibly early...round 2

Not the most risky, but there's only so many fights to look at.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?  Empty Re: Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?

Post by azania Thu 19 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

What is risky about Haye KOing Fury in 2?

azania

Back to top Go down

Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?  Empty Re: Riskiest predictions you are willing to make for any upcoming fight?

Post by Steffan Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

Fury to KO Haye round 9

Groves to beat Froch on points

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Let's get them down on paper (figuratively speaking).

I have a feeling about the following fights:

Ryder will KO Saunders
Marquez will KO Bradley
Haye will KO Tyson Fury incredibly early...round 2

Not the most risky, but there's only so many fights to look at.
No offense Sean - since you did state not the most...but 2 of those your having a laugh with surely Wink Marquez - Given his sudden Hulk like stature and incredible punch power *cough suspicious* is a nailed on cert to beat Bradley by KO regardless of his chin! And most people who have Haye winning have him doing so very early.

I'll give you credit though...Ryder is a risky pick..although vastly underrated by many I think. I imagine he runs Saunders close but still pick Bradley to just come out on top.

Risky picks:

Povetkin to KO Wlad
Maidana to TKO Broner (probably change my mind come fight time mind)

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:35 pm

You'll be right about Froch one of these days, Steffan!

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:38 am

I am a little ashamed of my picks, tbh. Ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:40 am

I am adding Maidana to KO Broner to give me some more credibility

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:57 am

My risky ones would be:

JMM knocks out Brafley
Broner stops Maidana

Ive already bet on Haye KO 2nd round at 10/1 so in glad you agree Sean haha

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

Fury's dad to lose it completely and try to punch David Haye

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:11 am

Maybe Fury will do a Brad Pitt impression from Snatch.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe Fury will do a Brad Pitt impression from Snatch.......
I thought his whole life to date was one big "Brad Pitt from Snatch!" impression

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:17 am

Funny though If Haye clocks him and he keeps yo-yoing back to his feet and saying is that it...

Worth £30 ppv not £15..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:20 am

Only way Fury is going to "earn" his money is if he takes a sustained beating. Audley did nowt, literally got the snot punched out of him and got £1 million (and a shed load of grief) Imagine what they'll say if Fury drops in two having done sack all.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

Think fury will go for it.........He's unbeaten and hasn't tasted defeat like Audley....

Audley shouldn't have been paid.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:28 am

Like your risky JMM ko of Bradley.

Mine would be Fury to ko Haye within 4 rounds.

Small chance maybe, but I have a niggly feeling there is still a chance.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:29 am

If he goes for it he gets taken out early. He ends up looking like Hatton did against Manny and we all know what flak Ricky got for that. Can't see too many being pleased with Fury talking about all his hard work in Belgium then walking into a looping right hand, left hook and and overhand right from Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:37 am

azania wrote:What is risky about Haye KOing Fury in 2?
Everything, according to you, as Fury is apparently a 6'9" Larry Holmes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:04 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think fury will go for it.........He's unbeaten and hasn't tasted defeat like Audley....

Audley shouldn't have been paid.
Agree that it is a different proposition here. Fury will definitely come to fight as opposed to Audley who came to, well, I'm not certain why he turned up really, but I bet someone could give me a million reasons. For that alone, it will be a much better fight. Fury to loose early on, but there should be a scrap at least!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:07 am

I'll make a left field prediction and say they'll be a riot at the Haye-Fury fight.....

Plenty of juiced up troublemakers will go and it will kick off........Hopefully near where jabmachine is sitting so he can knock a few out and restore order......

Travellers = Open to the counter left and don't like it to the body !!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:19 am

Groves to be up on points after 10 rounds. Froch knows he needs a knockout to win and goes for it in the trenches. Groves then knocks out froch with a brutal right hook counter off the back foot

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:52 am

lambertm100 wrote:Groves to be up on points after 10 rounds. Froch knows he needs a knockout to win and goes for it in the trenches. Groves then knocks out froch with a brutal right hook counter off the back foot
Agree with everything up until the part above Groves KO-ing him. My bold prediction would be Groves actually winning going into the 10th, Froch needing a KO, going for it and, instead of getting on his bike, Groves actually taking the fight to Froch (suicidal but that's why it's bold)

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
lambertm100 wrote:Groves to be up on points after 10 rounds. Froch knows he needs a knockout to win and goes for it in the trenches. Groves then knocks out froch with a brutal right hook counter off the back foot
Agree with everything up until the part above Groves KO-ing him. My bold prediction would be Groves actually winning going into the 10th, Froch needing a KO, going for it and, instead of getting on his bike, Groves actually taking the fight to Froch (suicidal but that's why it's bold)
Froch knocks out Groves inside 2 minutes. That's mine.

Fury gets dropped by Haye first big punch a la Eubank v Dos Santos. Then after getting up gets sparked by his dad for losing.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:10 pm

Curtis Woodhouse hands out a hefty beating then KOs Derry Matthews

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

Haye/Fury to be declared a no-contest after Fury has an accidental clash of heads with himself

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

I think the Haye v Fury fight will be a farce. Does that count as a risky prediction?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

catchweight wrote:I think the Haye v Fury fight will be a farce. Does that count as a risky prediction?
No.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Haye/Fury to be declared a no-contest after Fury has an accidental clash of heads with himself
Thats the funniest thing I've read today...quality.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:04 pm

I think Fury should have insisted on catchweight.............

250 lb minimum.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

would be funny to see a 250lb Haye....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:would be funny to see a 250lb Haye....
He'll just put his £5million in his pockets...that should do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

I predict Dave won't be on here for two weeks If Haye gets leathered.........and then he'll be dishing out the excuses..

Even more reason to want a Fury victory.......Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I predict Dave won't be on here for two weeks If Haye gets leathered.........and then he'll be dishing out the excuses..

Even more reason to want a Fury victory.......Cool 
I confidently predict that if Fury wins fair and square I hold my hands up and say "well done...didn't think you had it in you but fair play!" Won't stop me thinking the guy's a cretin or that he'll never amount to much in the great scheme of thing but if he wins, why should I really care that much? Hardly going to gloat if Haye knocks him spark out either as that serves vey little purpose.

Be interesting to see if Haye beats Fury whether or not you stick to your "intimidated by big HW's" theory or come up with some excuse as to why Fury lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:32 pm

He will be intimidated..........Anyone would be fighting a 260 pound 6 ft 9 inch guy......

Nature tells us that animals are intimidated by bigger animals........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He will be intimidated..........Anyone would be fighting a 260 pound 6 ft 9 inch guy......

Nature tells us that animals are intimidated by bigger animals........

Little Steve Cunningham wasn't...

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:37 pm

Of course he was...........He was very careful until he got tired.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Of course he was...........He was very careful until he got tired.....
Oh yeah Cunningham was so intimidated he put Fury on his a$$.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:49 pm

Spinks was intimidated by Larry.......and still won............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Spinks was intimidated by Larry.......and still won............
Whatever, it's home time....have a nice weekend TRUSS, with a favourable wind I might be able to hear you banging that drum all the way over in Yorkshire.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

No worries...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down