The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions

+2
azania
Young_Towzer
6 posters

Go down

Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions Empty Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

I cant remember a recent time when there were so many all british dust ups, there is some genuine quality fights coming up.

Gavin Rees vs Andy Murray
VACANT EBU EUROPEAN LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE
Rees faces the untested Irish man in a vacant title shot tomorrow in Cardiff. Personally, i think Rees' all out style will force a stoppage around the 10th round of a dominant performance for the Welshman.
REES TKO 10

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell
This is a real 50/50 fight, but the bookies have Murray 4/7, Mitchell 13/10, which are terrific odds in the Londoner's favour imo. However, Murray has been fighting more often and is a very dedicated lad, Mitchell was found wanting in that department against Katsidis last time out, but this is still a very good scrap to look forward to. I expect Murray to come at Kevin like a steam train, but i think Mitchell will be prepared, he's training like an animal anyway which he has to, and will bust Murray up with counters, but by the 10th i think Joe Gallagher will rescue his charge. But if Mitchell goes all out trying to prove he's a man and a brawler i think Murray puts him away in 6 rounds, if he boxes he busts Murray up. Good fight
MITCHELL TKO 10

Tony Bellew vs Ovil McKenzie
a rematch of their shoot out in December 2010, this should be another explosive fight for as long as it lasts. However, i think Bellew will box more and win between round 6-9.
BELLEW TKO 8

Frankie Gavin vs Curtis Woodhouse
I dont like Woodhouse, and neither does Gavin, so this should be a fiery scrap. Gavin is a different league to the ex footballer who has poor technique and has had an easy ride into turning pro imo. Why didn't he have to have NO AMATEUR fights before turning pro? laughable, he talks a lot and is a bit of a phoney in my eyes, Gavin will destroy him within 6 rounds imo, due to Woodhouse almost guaranteed to come and fight.
GAVIN W TKO 5

Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury
Chisora was quiet and boring at the press conference, but this kid seems all business to me on a fight night. He really does train hard for an heavyweight and has excellent work-rate, fitness levels and hunger to fight the best. I don't think Fury comes into that bracket, he looks a little flabby, and doesn't have as good a jab as Chisora does, Derek will come at him and make him work much harder than McDermott did in there first fight and pressure him how he never has been before.
CHISORA TKO 7

What do you guys think of the fights, and how they will go? cheers

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions Empty Re: Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions

Post by azania Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:14 pm

I agree with your predictions except for the Mitchell one. Murray to win in 9 or wide UD. Should be an exciting fight though. Cant stand Mitchell.

azania

Back to top Go down

Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions Empty Re: Upcoming fights involving Brits, and early predictions

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

rees seems quality to me and fancy him all the way. think murray will be too much for mitchell, who doesn't seem 100% focused on his boxing. bellew looks good at the moment and think he take it. not seen woodhouse but expect it to go to gavin anyway. most looking forwards to chisora fight who i really like. chisora to win but think fury is improved to so should be a good scrap.

in short- your probably right with your predictions

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:21 pm

I agree with your predictions except for the Mitchell one. Murray to win in 9 or wide UD. Should be an exciting fight though. Cant stand Mitchell.
I'd of never guessed, you never mentioned out! 8) ....i hate Murray to be honest, obsessed about Khan for years, and hasnt fought nobody, absolutely nobody

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

I think Murray will wear Mitchell down, but he will get outboxed for large parts.
Bellew knockout.
Gavin would easily outbox him.
Chisora I think will win, seems better all round and quicker.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Scott - PM for you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

Scotts in the doghouse.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down