The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odds on upcoming fights !!

+10
Seanusarrilius
AlexHuckerby
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
milkyboy
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rodney
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Odds on upcoming fights !! Empty Odds on upcoming fights !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 May 2014, 4:23 pm

Courtesy of oddschecker............

Geale 4/6 v Macklin 7/5
Povetkin 2/9 v Charr 2/9
Degale 1/5 v Gonzalez 9/2
Mcdonnell 2/9 v Thai chump 5/1
Martinez 1/2 v Cotto 2/1
Andrade 1/7 v Rose 9/2
Hall 5/2 v Butler 1/3 .......Challenger big fav..
Froch 7/10 v Groves 7/5
Crawford 4/9 v Gamboa 7/4
Alvarez 4/6 v Lara 13/8
Fury 4/6 v Chisora 2/1
Sturm 3/10 v Solimon 7/2.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Odds on upcoming fights !! Empty Re: Odds on upcoming fights !!

Post by hampo17 Mon 19 May 2014, 4:29 pm

Geale vs Macklin was cancelled when GGGs fight when down the pan mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 May 2014, 4:35 pm

Obviously not been taken off..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 19 May 2014, 4:46 pm

Gamboa and Lara seem the most attractive odds to me, surprised Gamboa is a betting underdog. Degale's opponent is a big price, havent seen anything of him but apparently he isnt a mug. Cotto is way too short and I take it Charr is meant to be 9/2.

Can I get a bet on Andy Legg ?

cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 May 2014, 4:49 pm

Cotto was surprisingly short............

Lara seems attractive........

Legg is in increments of ten..........How long he will last..

1-10 secs - 7-4
11- 20 secs - 5/4
21- 30 secs - 1/10  Laugh 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 May 2014, 4:54 pm

Gamboa-Lara-Chis looks an interesting treble.....

Peak on form Gamboa should come through classily against Crawford, he's just a level above but Terence's star is burning a little brighter right not. Alvarez likes come-forward-straight-line fighters, not boxers, so I think Lara will be very tricky for him, he might have to home-town decision it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 19 May 2014, 5:00 pm

I maybe wrong but I cant see Chisora beating Fury, I fancy Fury for the stoppage, Chisora is a slugger without a punch.

a treble on Groves, Lara, Gamboa might be my bet. I wouldve though Cotto would be 7/2 at the shortest.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 May 2014, 5:02 pm

Not sure that Fury won't gas late on If Chisora can make him work.......

Fancy Fury too.......But not with as much conviction as you Roddy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 19 May 2014, 5:05 pm

My prediction record is worse than Glenn McCrory mate, so I wouldnt take much notice.

I fancy Groves PTS, so that means Froch stoppage.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 19 May 2014, 6:05 pm

Alvarez looks a decent price. Surprised Gonzales is that long but then maybe thats a reflection of what they think the chances of a fair shake on Matchroom card will be.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 7:07 pm

... You like the odds on Alvarez? I'm with the consensus, not sure id fancy a treble on Lara, Chis and Gamboa but you'd think there's a good chance at least one of them would come off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 19 May 2014, 7:14 pm

I like them because I think he is going to get to plenty of help from the judges if he needs it. He will win all the close rounds and maybe some of the not so close rounds too.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 19 May 2014, 7:16 pm

I would only bet on Lara if you think he is going to do a number on Alvarez. If the fight is anyway close then Alvarez will get the result.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 7:26 pm

I presumed that was in your thinking. Without hometown help who do you like for the fight?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 19 May 2014, 9:33 pm

Lara probably if he turns up on form. Hey he could still win but I just dont like that set up where there is a big ppv attraction star against an awkward boxer that cant draw. Lara has been robbed blinded before against Paul Williams and Alvarez was given absurdly wide scorecards against Trout in a very close fight. Not one I trust to leave in the hands of the reliable judges for a fair call. They will be looking for ways to give him the rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 10:01 pm

I can see your point, looks like the bookies see it too

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 19 May 2014, 10:09 pm

Gonzalez and Lara look lively underdogs.

Bud Crawford will tan Gamboa.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 10:25 pm

Know you're a Crawford fan haz....  And Gamboa  looks a part-timer, above his best weight and past his best. All the hall marks of  the timing being right for the younger hungrier fighter.... But a focussed Gamboa is way better than anything Crawford has faced. You don't think there's an outside chance that he can roll back the clock?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 19 May 2014, 10:29 pm

Can't see past a Gamboa win, wasn't overly impressed by Crawford against a shopworn Burns to be honest, was able to do as he pleased but can't put my finger on it but he's lacking something.

Last edited by Hammersmith harrier on Mon 19 May 2014, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 19 May 2014, 10:29 pm

milkyboy wrote:Know you're a Crawford fan haz....  And Gamboa  looks a part-timer, above his best weight and past his best. All the hall marks of  the timing being right for the younger hungrier fighter.... But a focussed Gamboa is way better than anything Crawford has faced. You don't think there's an outside chance that he can roll back the clock?

He was implicated in some PED scandal a while back so you can never write off an "unusual" performance. And he's a good fighter at his best. I just think he was at his best as a feather (and his chin wasn't wonderful even then).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 10:45 pm

He hits the canvas but gets up again. Is Crawford a murderous puncher? Agree he's a podge at lightweight though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 19 May 2014, 10:51 pm

What is it with the Cubans, so many outstanding amateurs who just can't consistently do in the pro game and become lazy, none of them have fulfilled their potential since Napoles forty bloody years ago.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 11:04 pm

You been to Cuba hammy? Without wanting to get political, no-one has a pot to wee wee in. They jump ship to the land of the free and get a few quid thrown at them....

... Now, Maybe if more of them moved to Mexico, like napoles?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 19 May 2014, 11:13 pm

Abril is the same though Milky and he's still a cuban citizen but fighters from all over the world end up in America but it seems to be the Cubans who can't be bothered to train, there's a fairly impressive list of wasted talent really.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 20 May 2014, 11:42 am

To be fair, it can't be easy for Cuban fighters who have defected to leave their families behind. That and the sudden freedom they are presented with is obviously a tough proposition.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 20 May 2014, 11:50 am

I think though when they come to the USA like Jorge Luis Gonzalez and get given a few bucks it does go to their heads....and why wouldn't it ??

Party, eat,drink and screw when/who they want....It' s a novelty and easy to take your eye off the ball.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 22 May 2014, 1:53 am

Rigo appears to be one of the few of recent times that might fulfil the potential, but hey let's not forget Gamboa is still unbeaten.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 22 May 2014, 5:19 am

I think Crawford might beat Gamboa. Gamboa has been so inactive and not looked the same at LW.

Lara will have to school Canelo to get a decision.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 May 2014, 12:12 am

Groves is 1/3 to stop Froch... those are pretty good odds...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 23 May 2014, 12:33 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Groves is 1/3 to stop Froch... those are pretty good odds...

Do you mean 3/1?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 23 May 2014, 1:14 am

Might have a sneaky twenty on Gonzalez, which will keep me awake during a DeGale fight for the first time ever.  Still haven't seen Groves/DeGale yet in all honesty.

I'll take DeGale on his words though, that he better the opposition the more he'll raise his game. That he's only looked bad lately because he sinks to the level of his opposition. So I'll predict James to win on points even though I've never seen Gonzalez fight.

Crunch time for Charr. Finally get to see what he's all about. Povetkin will be a good yardstick as to his abilities. Povetkin should wiin but may double up on Charr. Don't expect to win but that would be a nice return, 400 quid or so to a poxy twenty.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 23 May 2014, 12:29 pm

Anyone seen any odds for Donaire-Vetyeka? Think that could be a tricky one for Donaire, maybe worth sticking a few quid on the underdog there. I'd probably go with Donaire to get a late stoppage while behind, ala the second Darchinyan fight - but I think Vetyeka's style could give him a lot of problems.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 12:38 pm

I havent seen anything of Vetyeka mate, is he decent ? Donaire is one of my favourite active fighters to watch, but over the past couple of fights he has seemed to have the Naseem Hamed symptons and what I mean by that is he seems to have fell in love with his power too much.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 23 May 2014, 1:21 pm

He's not remarkable from what I've seen (which is admittedly only a couple of fights, John and Yourdin) Rodders, but it's a styles thing. Like you said, Donaire's gradually been falling in to a trap whereby he keeps relying on big shots and his power to turn the tide without really adding anything to his boxing.

He's been such a good timer and so heavy-handed that it's usually worked, but it's got to the point where he can hardly land a jab anymore. As he goes up in weights the fact that he's generally fighting rangier, bigger-framed guys means he's getting nailed with jabs a lot more and he was always open to them at the best of times. Vetyeka isn't exceptionally tall or long-limbed but his game is very much orientated around his jab which is a good one and his defence isn't too bad either.

I think if he just keeps throwing singles all the time and loading up, Donaire's going to struggle to get within knockout range and eat a lot of jabs and counters, probably finding himself chasing Vetyeka and finding nowt but frustration for the most part. But his power is always dangerous right up until that final bell and while Vetyeka seems relatively sound in terms of protecting his chin, it's not an air-tight defence. Whether or not he can stand up to Donaire's power given that this is the first genuine, out-and-out Feather Donaire's faced is going to be interesting.

Basically I don't really think Donaire can outbox Vetyeka based on styles but his power could bail him out like it did in his last fight. Quite looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 1:27 pm

Thanks Chris as mentioned I haven't seen anything at all of Vetyeka, however heard a few soundbites around the various media channels and most echo your high praise of the lad. I'll look forward to watching the action when I return from London on Sunday (hopefully can avoid the result)

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 May 2014, 3:29 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Might have a sneaky twenty on Gonzalez, which will keep me awake during a DeGale fight for the first time ever.  Still haven't seen Groves/DeGale yet in all honesty.

I'll take DeGale on his words though, that he better the opposition the more he'll raise his game. That he's only looked bad lately because he sinks to the level of his opposition. So I'll predict James to win on points even though I've never seen Gonzales fight.

So we're clear about your strategy hermy. You're going to bet on Gonzales, who you've never seen fight. But you think degale will win. You think degale will win, because he says he raises his game against better opposition. Degale lost to the best fighter he fought, groves, but you haven't seen that fight.

Are you this scientific before every trip to the bookies fella?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 23 May 2014, 6:38 pm

Is it me milky or has DeGale improved/matured a little bit in recent months? Always quite watchable in interviews and almost came across as likeable the other day, certainly can be amusing at times. He always goes and says something to ruin it though. Looking forward to see how he copes now he's about to step up. I hope he wins against Gonzalez. That could be a good fight.

Not mad on Charr though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 May 2014, 7:49 pm

I'm hoping Donaire uses a bit more of his boxing brain, rather than trying to blast everyone out with one shot.

He was so much better when he used his speed and skills.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 May 2014, 10:01 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Is it me milky or has DeGale improved/matured a little bit in recent months? Always quite watchable in interviews and almost came across as likeable the other day, certainly can be amusing at times. He always goes and says something to ruin it though. Looking forward to see how he copes now he's about to step up. I hope he wins against Gonzalez. That could be a good fight.

Not mad on Charr though.

I had him labelled as a losing combination of arrogant and thick. But like you hermy, the last few snippets I've seen of interviews with him, he's seemed far less of a jerk. You could be on to something. Though, the only way was up for him really from a personality perspective.

Haven't seen anything of Gonzalez, quick glance at his record shows a draw with kingy's favourite oosthuisen and a struggle with perennial benchmark ossie duran. Enough to suggest he'll be there to win and won't roll over, but if degale has aspirations to get in the mix with the big boys, the type of guy he should be beating with a little to spare.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down