The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to?

+7
The Galveston Giant
Nico the gman
ShahenshahG
88Chris05
Steffan
Josef K.
Sugar Floyd Louis
11 posters

Go down

What fight you looking forward to most and why?

Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap27%Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 8 ]
Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap20%Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 6 ]
Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap17%Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap3%Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap33%Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 30

Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Empty Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to?

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:24 pm

I think all of these fights are interesting in their own rights but I'd have to go with with Pacquiao-Bradley... out of all these bouts if there's to be an upset I reckon it could be in this one. A lot of people are underestimating Bradley but with Pacquiao disappointing in his last two fights, this could be the beginning of the end. A resounding win here could spur a comeback to his best hopefully and could re-hype and build stock for the potential big fight we all want to see (providing Floyd wins). Also a loss here and like some have mentioned Arum could begin making Bradley Top Rank's next main man.

What say you...

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to?

Post by Josef K. Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Looking forward to all in different ways
Mayweather Cotto is a less intriguing PAC v Bradley, but a fantastic match-up nonetheless.
PAC v Bradley is a good one, PAC hasn't trulyimpressed me for a while and Bradley will definitely prove hard to get rid off. As long as it doesn't get stopped on a clash of heads, I can see an upset on the cards.
Khan v Peterson, purely to see Khan lose and have to do some crawling, potentially domestically. If he wins, he's going to have to win well, there's no such thing as an easy night against Peterson.
Berto v Ortiz as a sheer spectacle looks good. I'd like to see Brook against the winner...or loser for that matter.
Froch v Bute is a great fight to have over here and is one of those increasingly rare occasions where the best fight the best. However if Froch wins, where does he go? Ward again? Or up to LH?

Overall I've gone for PAC v Bradley, a Bradley win would be great for world boxing and would open the scene up again IMO.

And for some reason my iPad only lets me type PAC in capitals, I truly am sorry.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: Upcoming fights - which one are you most looking forward to?

Post by Steffan Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Iv gone for Froch Bute as hopefully Bute is gonna dish out a career ending beating to Froch but I think Pacquiao v Bradley will be the best of the lot

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm

I keep telling folks that Pacquiao-Bradley just isn't going to be a fight, but it seems nobody believes me! Don't see Bradley being competitive at all. His attack is too repetitive to trouble the elite and he's tailor made for Pacquiao.

Froch-Bute is my pick, primary because I'll be in attendance. Behind that, Khan-Peterson.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Couldn't make it to Froch Bute as missed the holiday booking time limit. Prob Khan vs Peterson as their last fight was fantastic - despite the post fight Love sacks.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Gone for Froch v Bute and hope Carl can produce one the best fight of his career and take the title.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Khan fight for me.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I think I'm seeing Cotto v Mayweather as less of a one sided boxing lesson than everyone else, but still can't pick it above the others. Impartially it's not Froch v Bute, partially it's Froch v Bute by miles. I think Berto v Ortiz is most likely to be a complete war. I can't choose one. We've got some great matches coming up to say boxing's meant to be dieing...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am

By the way who are the bookies' favourites in Froch-Bute and Ortiz-Berto?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 am

im away on a stag do for mayweather v cotto so wont be watching it, nothing to look forward to there. expect a easy win for mayweather anyway.

i voted for khan peterson, khan does my head in out of the ring, but he's always entertaining to watch and i expect peterson to push him again this time round.

im torn on the froch fight, i just got the feeling froch's age and run of fights is catching up with him. if he can lure bute into a scrap he has a chance and the fight will be great for it, if bute is sensible can see him taking a points decision.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

Froch v Bute is my choice but all of them are great matchups, a seriously good line up of fights in the coming months! Especially with other good fights like hook/afolabi, chavez/lee and munroe/quigg in between

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I've gone for the Froch fight on the basis that it's UK time! I cannot wait for the Floyd fight though but staying up for the Vegas scraps is a major bind so the Khan scrap loses some appeal also.

All that said and done, I'm splitting hairs, they're all excellent fights in their own right and we've got a couple of decent domestic scraps to look forward to as well. Good month or so.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down