The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest odds on Big and upcoming fights !!

+5
hazharrison
hogey
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Latest odds on Big and upcoming  fights !! Empty Latest odds on Big and upcoming fights !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

Latest fight odds courtesy of Oddschecker.........

Mayweather 1/4 vs Manny 3/1
Mayweather 2/17 vs Khan 13/2
Manny 4/7 vs Bradley 7/4...........Manny not that big of a favorite ??..
GGG 1/100 vs Lee 16/1..........Geez !!
Macklin 5/6 vs Lee 6/5..........Macklin is favorite to beat Lee..
Garcia 1/7 vs Herrera 7/1..........
Wlad 1/25 vs Leapai 16/1.........
Chavez 1/4 Vs Vera 4/1........
Stevenson 2/17 vs Fonfera 6/1.........
Salido 22/5 Vs Lomoch 2/9........Massive favorite in his second fight !!
Fury 1/2 vs Chisora 7/4.......
Alvarez 1/7 vs angulo 11/2
Hamilton 3/10 Vs Woodhouse 7/2........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Latest odds on Big and upcoming  fights !! Empty Re: Latest odds on Big and upcoming fights !!

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:55 pm

They're doing odds on fights that've not even been made??

Be tempted to take Salido at 22/5, not a bad little return for a winnable fight. Sometimes smart to bet when you can exploit hype.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Latest odds on Big and upcoming  fights !! Empty Re: Latest odds on Big and upcoming fights !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:58 pm

Yes Salido is the one that jumps out at you..

You'd think Lee at 16/1 in a fight where one prayer of a punch may end it..But somehow you know it's a waste..

Bradley - Manny hasn't much value either way........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:59 pm

Despite the pervious whooping, 7/4 on Tim isn't far off being worth a punt.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:01 pm

Vera wouldn't be bad value going at fours if Chavez didn't have so many additional 'factors' going in his favour, which we know is likely to be the case again.

I'm backing Lomachenko against Salido, but agree that maybe the odds are slightly askew.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:02 pm

It's a bit like Groves-Froch..........

Someone is sliding and someone is gaining momentum.......Bradley -Manny

Pickem for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Vera wouldn't be bad value going at fours if Chavez didn't have so many additional 'factors' going in his favour, which we know is likely to be the case again.

I'm backing Lomachenko against Salido, but agree that maybe the odds are slightly askew.

Chavez - Vera with a clean slate isn't 4/1..You're right there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

If you could trust a fair result, then a Vera-Salido-Chisora treble could pay really well.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

I dont give Alex Leapai much of a chance and he should not be anywhere near a world title shot but 16/1 is always worth considering when the overwhelming favourite has a glass jaw. Law of averages says sooner or later one of these no hopers is gonna land a jackpot punch on him and out of nowhere become the new champ of the world.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:35 pm

I follow boxing odds quite closely and rarely do you get a fight with (roughly) even odds (which says a lot about what we're fed as boxing fans).

There are exceptions of course. Bookies couldn't split Martinez and Williams before their rematch. Give me an even-money fight over an outstanding champion in a fight they're likely to win any day.

Any odds on Burns vs Crawford? Burns is a good outside tip in that one.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:35 pm

GGG would be heavy favourite, but @ 1/100 !!!

I've seen better odds on Germany to beat San Marino

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm

Good odds on El Perro Angulo to 'upset' Canelo Alvarez.

Once El Perro lands the left hook, those odds will look even better.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:42 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:GGG would be heavy favourite, but @ 1/100 !!!

I've seen better odds on Germany to beat San Marino

Graham Houston wrote a good piece recently about how online bookmakers have killed boxing betting. I'm sure he write that Tyson was only 1/3 to stop (possibly even beat) Berbick for example.

You can't do anything with 1/100 -- doesn't even boost an accumulator.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:45 pm

To be honest I never thought Lee deserved 16/1........

Ali was 6/1 to beat the ugly bear...

Lee ain't that good..But he ain't that bad either..

Burns 9/4 against...........Crawford 2/5 on.........

Challenger is fairly big favorite..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To be honest I never thought Lee deserved 16/1........

Crawford is a legitimate favourite; Burns had a woeful 2013. He fought the Beltran fight with a broken jaw, though, and by his own admission had stopped trying to win from round four on (he was trying to survive until the final bell). He's changed his training regime since and if he can regain the form he showed against Martinez, Katsidis, Moses and Mitchell, he might well know too much for Crawford -- especially on home turf. Crawford's been accused of being dull, negative even. With a home crowd roaring everytime he lands, Burns might well nick a decision.

I'm hoping to attend.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

I'm looking forward to it...

I think Crawford wins........But home turf definitely helped Burns last time...

So wouldn't begrudge anybody taking a pop on those odds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 18 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm looking forward to it...

I think Crawford wins........But home turf definitely helped Burns last time...

So wouldn't begrudge anybody taking a pop on those odds..

I would have to agree, based on form Crawford should be the fav going into this. We dont know much Ricky will be affected by the jaw mentally. But Burns is strong in that department and cant see him doing an Ortiz.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:57 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To be honest I never thought Lee deserved 16/1........

Crawford is a legitimate favourite; Burns had a woeful 2013. He fought the Beltran fight with a broken jaw, though, and by his own admission had stopped trying to win from round four on (he was trying to survive until the final bell). He's changed his training regime since and if he can regain the form he showed against Martinez, Katsidis, Moses and Mitchell, he might well know too much for Crawford -- especially on home turf. Crawford's been accused of being dull, negative even. With a home crowd roaring everytime he lands, Burns might well nick a decision.

I'm hoping to attend.  

I know Burns team say the broken jaw happened in the 2nd round but I'm not convinced. My read of it was it got broken in the 8th when Burns got knocked down. Beltran who is barely a Top 10 in the division boxed Ricky's ears off up from the first bell.

With Burns also being very poor against Gonzales I don't hold out a lot of hope for him against Crawford even if Ricky has appointed a new strength and conditioning coach.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

I had a closer look at Crawford last night. He's a very adept boxer -- better than I thought. Burns will need a rip roaring performance in order to pull this one off.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:05 pm

hazharrison wrote:I had a closer look at Crawford last night. He's a very adept boxer -- better than I thought. Burns will need a rip roaring performance in order to pull this one off.

Crawford looks very good but his opposition has been distinctly average. Burns will be a step up so that brings a small bit of intrigue. Burns though has been so poor lately he doesn't inspire much confidence.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm

Angulo vs alverez is worth a punt

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:19 pm

If I had to pick one of those underdogs, I'd go with Salido.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Guarantee Chisora is in shape and Fury weighs 274 and 7/4 is a bargain.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

Strongback wrote:
hazharrison wrote:I had a closer look at Crawford last night. He's a very adept boxer -- better than I thought. Burns will need a rip roaring performance in order to pull this one off.

Crawford looks very good but his opposition has been distinctly average.  Burns will be a step up so that brings a small bit of intrigue.  Burns though has been so poor lately he doesn't inspire much confidence.
I'm not sure how Burns is a step up.

What world class lightweights has Burns fought? Katisdis?

Burns stepped up a level with Gonzalez and was getting schooled until Gonzalez quit. And Beltran, fringe contender, made Burns look like a novice.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down